Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,224 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas (9757 Views)

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Kwara is headed by an emir
Kwara state geo-political zone is north central
Saraki u all claimed to be a yoruba man was once d chairman of d northern forum
D top men in kwara state house re fulaniz
Stop bin childish, u can claim offa, buh dey all bow to emir of ilorin
As far as ilorin cum kwara is concerned, fulaniz remain d masterz
Stop f00ling yourself. It's Ilorin that is headed by the emir, not the whole of Kwara State.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Ayekotoo(m): 12:03pm On May 15, 2015
Shittaakeem:
The real reason why Kwara king uses emir and not oba is because they don't want to worship idols the way it is done here in south west. That is the main reason why they adopted the use of emir.
How many Emir(s) are there in Kwara compared to the obas in kwara?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Ayekotoo(m): 12:07pm On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros is Gambari a Yoruba name? I am not even referring to the title. The fulani descendants of Alimi have been ruling the town for over a century now
Does Ilorin equate Kwara? Is Ilorin the only town/ cityin Kwara? Does Erin Ile have Emir, Does Offa have Emir?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Ayekotoo(m): 12:11pm On May 15, 2015
Armaggedon:
assuming they are yorubas, are they the only yorubas who are muslims?

Dont you have yoruba muslims in oyo ogun osun and even lagos, does any of these places have emir?
Why is ilorin's case different? Why are they in the north?
Ilorin is predominately a Muslim city unlike the other yoruba cities and towns in other Yoruba states.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 15, 2015
VirginFinder:
[s]Whether a Yoruba man from the North Central(Bukola) emerges as Senate President or another Yoruba man from the SW emerges Speaker(Femi), all I see is a win-win scenario for we Yorubas.
If former is the case, Yoruba would have emerged nos 2 & 3 in the federation and if
the latter is the case, we would have emerged nos 2 & 4.

However, I have noticed that some ibos (especially on NL) in a bid to spite/taunt Yorubas are trying very hard to label Bukola as a Fulani man thereby defying reason and common sense out of sheer envy for Yorubas.
These moroniccc ibos fail to realise the having secured the no 2 slot(potential no 1), any other principal position Yorubas get is just an icing on the cake.

If ibos were no 2, they dare not ask for anything else.
Despite voting(rigging) massively for the GEJ/PDP in 2011, the best they could get was Deputy Senate President followed by Deputy Speaker .

The only impediment to a SW speakership is a Bukola emergence as Senate President and not the readiness of ibos and other non Yoruba southern/PDP reps to vote Yakubu Dogara in a hateful bid to hit back at the Yorubas.
NE wont clamour for the Speakership if they already have the senate presidency.

It'll be unfair to have nos 2,3,4 coming from one tribe(Yoruba).
Even the north have expressed this sentiment. This explains Tinubu's backing of the NE for the Senate Presidency to pave the way for the SW - not for any other reason than the quest to remain the most powerful Yoruba politician in APC. It's almost the same reason he dissed Mulikat Akande in 2011.

Unfortunately for Tinubu, Bukola Saraki appears to be very popular across party lines in the senate. He may eventually emerge.

In the end, Yorubas' interests remain intact.
That's why it's a win-win for we Yorubas.
Yoruba interest surpasses that of any Yoruba person.
From time immemorial, we Yorubas know that Yorubaland is bigger than the SW. My great grandmum was a Yoruba woman from the NC.

Envious ibos can go hades![/s]

You must be unemployed.
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by winniz: 12:20pm On May 15, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Kwara state does not belong to Hausa/Fulani. That there's an emir in Ilorin doesn't mean Hausa/Fulani own Kwara state. You know absolutely nothing about Kwara State.

If Kwara state does not belong to Hausa/fulani why don't you have an Oba? Why is Kwara state not in SW? Kwara state was Conquered by Fulanis hence why an Emir was installed as the traditional ruler of the state so hausa/fulani owns Kwara state.
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 15, 2015
Gbawe:

That list is 100% fake and compiled in the bedroom of someone who is not too bright. Dealing with the 'source' first, I can tell you that Osun defender, while pro-Yoruba/pro-APC, is not the best-run news-source primarily because the site presents a lot of unedited news culled from elsewhere. Anything from Osundefenders therefore has to be taken with an investigative grain of salt. In other words , majority of the articles presented on Osundefenders are not products of their own in-house investigations and can thus not be trusted for this reason. The list you talk about is hosted below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2314351/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-new-ministerial-list-emerged#33741440

To see proof of what I am talking about, click the link above and scroll down to the end of original article and then click the Osundefender link. Once on the Osundefender page scroll down and click "see the complete list" link in blue. The real source of the article is revealed which is :

http://www.newsat247.com/2015/05/new-ministerial-list-emerged-buhari-drops-governors-fashola-and-fayemi-finally-see-the-new-twenty-four-buharis-loyalists-set-for-final-approval/

To the list itself, I can tell you there is no politician called "Timpire Silver" as claimed. It is Timipre Sylva. Big differences like that show this is a list an uninformed mischief-maker, who cannot even spell the name of so-called appointees correctly, pulled out of his azz.

Also, Segun Oni is on the list. He recently only joined the APC from the PDP. Now, how on earth will Oni be a Minister and the likes of Fayemi who drafts APC policies, strategy and helped create Party Manifesto, plus is trusted by and very close to Buhari, is "dropped"? Ditto Fashola. Cramming the list with Northerners is a dead giveaway as well as is the omission of Justice Minister.

Bottom line is that this is another mischievous delivery from anti-SW elements keen to wind folks up with the insinuation "Born to rule" North has claimed it all and "used and dumped" the Yorubas. This is what some wish and are dreaming of yet such does not take into account the reality of Nigeria and the character of Buhari himself. These hateful hacks are only writing what 'gets them off' er0t1cally and I would not pay any attention to their drivel if I were you. Wait to see the substantive list and you will be surprised.

One thing most do not know, or deliberately fail to account for, is that Buhari is well aware that the true "born to rule" from the North, i,e those who exist solely on government largesse and patronage, are the very folks who will bring his government down and cause it to fail if not kept well at bay and neutralized. Those people did not give Buhari his leadership mandate. Ordinary Nigerians did and Buhari is aware of this. Left to the Northern elites and real "born to rule" advocates then Jonathan would have been preferable because he abets "business as usual" by always looking away which Buhari will not do. Buhari and his region have suffered at the hands of these "born to rule" vipers and they have directly plotted for the past ten years to ensure he never becomes President since they see this to mark an end of "business as usual". If Buhari is to stand a chance of succeeding then he will know those type of Northerners must never be allowed to hijack let alone become the powerful exponents of his government.

In fact, those 'Hawks' are the sort Buhari must deal with in his second coming since they are the ones who have turned the North into what it is - which is the most backward region in Nigeria today. If you are a man of integrity, like Buhari and in his shoes, would you not shun your fellow Yorubas who have destroyed the SW with their rapacious and anti-people greed? Would you let those sort, when they always worked against your emergence, be the backbone of your government if you are very passionate about changing the status quo in your own region and Nigeria at large? Ethnocentric mischief-makers and haters will have their say but reality, which is that Buhari will do what must be done to succeed, will disgrace all their malevolent lies and fabrications. The simple and definitive truth is that Buhari will fail if, after decades fighting to lead Nigeria, he now capitulates to the "born to rule" Vultures from his region. Buhari will not do that and it is only the wishful thinking of anti-Yoruba ethnic jingoists who wish this to be the reality so they can gain the "North used and dumped Yoruba" revenge they badly crave. Sadly for them, Buhari has his eyes on rescuing Nigeria and leaving a positive legacy. He does not have any interest in becoming anyone's ethnic 'local champion' even if some have gotten used to GEJ being that to them. Not too long now and we shall see the real list of Ministers.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

But I checked the list and saw Osundefender on the URL link. Clicked on it, and saw the website, hence I was apprehensive.
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 15, 2015
Ayekotoo:

Does Ilorin equate Kwara? Is Ilorin the only town/ cityin Kwara? Does Erin Ile have Emir, Does Offa have Emir?

bros I am not interested in kwara state,My question simply is Is Saraki a Yoruba man?
is the Emir of Ilorin a Yoruba man?

Patriach of the Saraki Family himself responds on whether he is Yoruba
My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area.

But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

If you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity with those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had a letter inviting me to join in the formation of a Mali-Fulani Organization and that I should be its chairman.

What about your ancestral lineage? People have accused you of bearing Alhaji Abubakar Saraki when you needed votes from the North, Chief Olusola Saraki when you needed votes from the South-West and in the South-East and South-South, you answered Dr. Sola Saraki. How do you reconcile these differences?

People are just reading political meanings to my actions. My Islamic name is Abubakar. When were growing up in Lagos in those days, unless you were a Christian or bore a native indigenous name, you couldn’t get a school. If I wanted to be admitted to a school, I had to drop Abubakar in favour of Sola as virtually all the schools belonged to Christian organizations. It is not correct that I was changing names to garner votes. Politicians invent those kinds of stories against their opponents. You, yourself, should know who you
https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali

The Fulani took over the rulership of illorin in 1824 when the Fulani warrior Alimi deposed the last Yoruba ruler of illorin afonja after he had helped him to rebel against the oyo empire.All the mirs of illorins since 1824 have been fulani descendants of Alimi till date

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilorin_Emirate
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 15, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

The Yorubas in Ilorin were not only religious but also strategic in their thinking. They were better protected in the caliphate than risking standing alone, prone to attacks. I can only commend their decision to consent to an emir from the house of dan fodio!

lol they consented indeed!!! your cowardly ancestor Afonja was captured and his throne forcefully taken from him. There is nothing like consent here.Till today youir Fulani captors still rule illorin even in this modern age!!!
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 15, 2015
VirginFinder:

Bullshittttt aimed at Fulani patronage. His son(Bukola) has seen the light and retraced his steps. Remember the Father-Son quarrel.
He(Bukola) has realised that no matter how hard he tried he could never be Fulani or regarded by any reasonable person as one.

Allow they sarakis to speak for themselves.They are not yorubas and stop using them to save face after been used and dumed by your slave masters
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 15, 2015
semitunde:

OBE? Pictures of the ceremony or...

I agree with some of your points here. Don't agree on others .

While the ministerial slots are performance inclined, the political posts are strategy inclined and are as important if not note important than the ministerial slots.

If the president is going to be impeached or a law affecting section of the country is being passed, we would like to be the ones holding the aces. Cal it protection, call it strategic positioning, barcanista can explain this better I guess...

But I quite agree there might be a fast one being played here. When northerners go for different posts under the guise of North East, North West and North Central, we don't say all of them are Hausa-fulani. Why then is the dust being raise in Bukola Saraki's issue? He's from North Central and Mr Gbajabiamila is from South West. I don't know why this should become a connundrum. I'm sure Hausas won't see it as unfair if they are the ones in this same position as Yoruba here.

@the excerpt in bold - please stop referencing that vacuous illiterate when talking about politics with me. The guy is an obtuse id.iot and a paid hack with no understanding of anything, apart from copying and pasting nonsense from the internet. Isn't that the same who could barely even string words together when he first started posting? Cite intelligent folks, not loutish/lousy airheads. undecided

I think the value you lot are giving to both Senate President and Speaker has more to do with a proper democratic setting, which Nigeria isn't. Yes, on the surface both might look attractive. However, in the real scheme of things, how effective are they in what actually goes on in the country? Ditto how effective is the Nigerian legislative arm of government in how the country is actually being run? That's how you analyse how strategic both are in the scheme of things - especially when it comes to an arm of government that's more of a charade than anything else.

Trust me, the "bigbank" in the scheme of things are certain ministerial portfolios. You lot don't even know how strategically those from the other side benefited from Iweala. When the smoke clears, I think a lot of people will get a clearer picture.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by limolalikamaila: 1:45pm On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol chai this Yoruba people no go kill pesin. So just to console yourself about your impending dumping from your slave masters, you have now decided to adopt Saraki even when it is obvious, the only thing Yoruba in Saraki is his name only?

This is damn hilarious
and here comes d oldest tribalist fool on nl.

You are just angry that d north and south form an alliance.
You abuse both d Yoruba and d Hausa and those people decide to be friend you still rant about them
Let go off DAT hatred in you cus it will surely kill you soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by VirginFinder: 1:52pm On May 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You must be unemployed.
My job gives me time for leisure and recreation. I am not a slave like some flatttttheads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 15, 2015
limolalikamaila:
and here comes d oldest tribalist fool on nl.

You are just angry that d north and south form an alliance.
You abuse both d Yoruba and d Hausa and those people decide to be friend you still rant about them
Let go off DAT hatred in you cus it will surely kill you soon.

is that why you want to force Saraki to become a Yoruba man even when he has clearly told you he is not Yoruba?
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Volksfuhrer(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

lol they consented indeed!!! your cowardly ancestor Afonja was captured and his throne forcefully taken from him. There is nothing like consent here.Till today youir Fulani captors still rule illorin even in this modern age!!!

You still don't get it. Afonja was ousted by Moslems, including Yoruba Moslems. It wasn't a question of Hausa/Fulani against Yorubas. You get it now!

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by VirginFinder: 2:07pm On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Allow they sarakis to speak for themselves.They are not yorubas and stop using them to save face after been used and dumed by your slave masters

Mr man, their Yorubaness has never been in doubt to all and sundry save unreasonable, morrronnic and unnecessarily senseless and envious ibos like you who just won't bow to Yoruba's all-round mastery and lordship over them as far as Nigeria is concerned unless beaten black and blue.
All the Sarakis need do to change disown their Yorubaness is a name change.

When will ibos stop trying to measure up to Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 15, 2015
VirginFinder:

My suffer suffer job does not give me time for leisure and recreation.
I am a slave like some flatttttheads.

Nawao oo, na so e be for you? I feel your pain, take heart. shocked
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by VirginFinder: 2:17pm On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

bros I am not interested in kwara state,My question simply is Is Saraki a Yoruba man?
is the Emir of Ilorin a Yoruba man?

Patriach of the Saraki Family himself responds on whether he is Yoruba

https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali

The Fulani took over the rulership of illorin in 1824 when the Fulani warrior Alimi deposed the last Yoruba ruler of illorin afonja after he had helped him to rebel against the oyo empire.All the mirs of illorins

When did the constitution grant any constitutional role to traditional rulers.
Arent traditional rulers mere salary-earning figureheads?

Can you now see that you a dullard?

The Emir of Ilorin is now more or less Yoruba.
Bukola Saraki is pure Yoruba. He has retraced his steps from his father's original way of playing politics with his ancestry.

Stop trying to console yourself.

ibos will never achieve the political feat Yorubas are set to achieve forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by mobaking: 2:18pm On May 15, 2015
VirginFinder:

As Nigeria stands today, the Hausa Fulani have 100% of the NW and 60% of the NE.
While the Yoruba have 100% of the SW and about 20% of the
NC.
This automatically gives them an edge over us.

Hausa-Fulanis will always see Bukola Saraki and other NC Yorubas as Yoruba first and foremost before northerners.
They'll never be deemed fit to represent core northern/Hausa-Fulani interests.
In 2010, when a consensus northern candidate was to be picked to face GEJ in the PDP primaries, Atiku was favoured over IBB and Bukola Saraki because he (Atiku)is Fulani.
Kwara, along with the SW voted for GEJ in 2011. This was against the voting pattern in the core north - NE & NW. In 2015, they joined the SW in booting him out!

When GMB picked Idiagbon as deputy in his first coming, he believed he was being fair to Yorubas and by extension southerners notwithstanding the fact that Tunde Idiagbon is a fellow northerner.
Bukola Saraki also dissed Bio to eventually back a Yoruba man(Ahmed Fatai) as Kwara governor in 2011. Why would he do that if he wasnt out to protect Yoruba interests in Kwara?

The north have voiced out that it will be unfair for both the Senate & House of Reps to be headed by Yorubas - that's why they are clamouring for Speakership seeing that they may not be able to beat Bukola Saraki in the race for the Senate Presidency.Why would they say that if they didnt consider Bukola Saraki as a Yoruba man incapable of protecting core northern/Hausa Fulani interests.

Northern Yorubas will always be
looked upon as South Westerners when appointments are to be made or positions are to be shared.

Be sincere, if you were to vote based on sentiment, who would you choose between GMB and Bukola Saraki? What of between Bukola Saraki and Rotimi Amaechi?
God bless u for this analysis,the northerners are not decieved into believing that Bukola is a fulani man just as one fisherman decieved an entire tribe into believing he was one of them because of his name..The northerners will never allow bukola and femi gbaja to be heads of legislators at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Armaggedon: 2:19pm On May 15, 2015
Ayekotoo:

Ilorin is predominately a Muslim city unlike the other yoruba cities and towns in other Yoruba states.
is oyo state not predominantly muslim?
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by VirginFinder: 2:21pm On May 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Nawao oo, na so e be for you? I feel your pain, take heart. shocked
Like seriously? You better take a break off NL and exhale if you cant handle the heat. Na by force?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by VirginFinder: 2:22pm On May 15, 2015
...double post...
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by tevinsolt: 3:04pm On May 15, 2015
winniz:

If Kwara state does not belong to Hausa/fulani why don't you have an Oba? Why is Kwara state not in SW? Kwara state was Conquered by Fulanis hence why an Emir was installed as the traditional ruler of the state so hausa/fulani owns Kwara state.

why isn't the north considered south and east, west.
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by semitunde: 3:20pm On May 15, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

@the excerpt in bold - please stop referencing that vacuous illiterate when talking about politics with me. The guy is an obtuse id.iot and a paid hack with no understanding of anything, apart from copying and pasting nonsense from the internet. Isn't the same who could barely even string words together when he first started posting? Cite intelligent folks, not loutish/lousy airheads. undecided

I think the value you lot are giving to both Senate President and Speaker has more to do with a proper democratic setting, which Nigeria isn't. Yes, on the surface both might look attractive. However, in the real scheme of things, how effective are they in what actually goes on in the country? Ditto how effective is the Nigerian legislative arm of government in how the country is actually being run? That's how you analyse how strategic both are in the scheme of things - especially when it comes to an arm of government that's more of a charade than anything else.

Trust me, the "bigbank" in the scheme of things are certain ministerial portfolios. You lot don't even know how strategically those from the other side benefited from Iweala. When the smoke clears, I think a lot of people will get a clearer picture.

Lol. The bolded was a cheap shot.

You sorely underestimate the powers and influence of those guys in the two chambers. They may not have as much access to funds as the ministers but they determine the funding of the ministers. This apart from the little issue of helping to determine the person behind each ministry. Do you know the chambers guys carry out over site functions on each ministry and appropriate monies for such? They also determine what those amounts appropriated would be, apart from other budgetary allotments.

In this country we only know the extent to which the powers of an office can be wield after the person holding that office is allowed to go the full extent- see Aandokaa. We haven't yet seen the full powers of the chambers except maybe when they jettisoned obasanjo's third term bid.

I would like someone representing my region to be in the thick of things when destiny changing issues are being negotiated or when such full powers will be unleashed.
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by VirginFinder: 3:38pm On May 15, 2015
mobaking:
God bless u for this analysis,the northerners are not decieved into believing that Bukola is a fulani man just as one fisherman decieved an entire tribe into believing he was one of them because of his name..The northerners will never allow bukola and femi gbaja to be heads of legislators at the same time.

Amen o!

The Sarakis have since learnt that the Hausa-Fulani core north will never entrust their interests/destiny into their hands no matter how hard they they try.

They will always be seen by straight thnking people as Yorubas first and foremost.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by semitunde: 3:49pm On May 15, 2015
VirginFinder:

As Nigeria stands today, the Hausa Fulani have 100% of the NW and 60% of the NE.
While the Yoruba have 100% of the SW and about 20% of the
NC.
This automatically gives them an edge over us.

Hausa-Fulanis will always see Bukola Saraki and other NC Yorubas as Yoruba first and foremost before northerners.
They'll never be deemed fit to represent core northern/Hausa-Fulani interests.
In 2010, when a consensus northern candidate was to be picked to face GEJ in the PDP primaries, Atiku was favoured over IBB and Bukola Saraki because he (Atiku)is Fulani.
Kwara, along with the SW voted for GEJ in 2011. This was against the voting pattern in the core north - NE & NW. In 2015, they joined the SW in booting him out!

When GMB picked Idiagbon as deputy in his first coming, he believed he was being fair to Yorubas and by extension southerners notwithstanding the fact that Tunde Idiagbon is a fellow northerner.
Bukola Saraki also dissed Bio to eventually back a Yoruba man(Ahmed Fatai) as Kwara governor in 2011. Why would he do that if he wasnt out to protect Yoruba interests in Kwara?

The north have voiced out that it will be unfair for both the Senate & House of Reps to be headed by Yorubas - that's why they are clamouring for Speakership seeing that they may not be able to beat Bukola Saraki in the race for the Senate Presidency.Why would they say that if they didnt consider Bukola Saraki as a Yoruba man incapable of protecting core northern/Hausa Fulani interests.

Northern Yorubas will always be
looked upon as South Westerners when appointments are to be made or positions are to be shared.

Be sincere, if you were to vote based on sentiment, who would you choose between GMB and Bukola Saraki? What of between Bukola Saraki and Rotimi Amaechi?

I'm really not disputing the fact that they call Bukola Saraki a Yoruba. It's their prerogative, I can't judge that.

But we in the south also see most northerners as Hausa - Fulani. And many in positions of power are from these stock, representing the whole north.

Why will they want a Bukola Saraki, seemingly representing Yoruba removed only to be replaced with a northerner, assumed by southerners to be Hausa - Fulani; when they already have someone like that in the position of the president. Is that fair?

If Bukola is to be replaced, either it goes to another rep( of southern inclination) from North Central; or it should go SS/SE.
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 15, 2015
Bukola Saraki is not Yoruba man, he can pretend to be a Yoruba man as long as he likes but he must not be considered as one. Oodua region would include all core SW states and LGs except for most part or all of Ilorin. Ilorin cannot be trusted to have be patriotic towards the Yoruba nation. We must resist all Saraki's attempts to be utilised for his own ends. angry
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by nerodenero: 4:13pm On May 15, 2015
Even the Offas see them as more of Fulanis than Yorubas. I think I can likened them to the yoruba part of Kogi State. When key issues about Yorubas are to be discussed, their opinion doesn't count.
Justfollowit:
Bukola Saraki is not Yoruba man, he can pretend to be a Yoruba man as long as he likes but he must not be considered as one. Oodua region would include all core SW states and LGs except for most part or all of Ilorin. Ilorin cannot be trusted to have be patriotic towards the Yoruba nation. We must resist all Saraki's attempts to be utilised for his own ends. angry
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by emabe: 4:21pm On May 15, 2015
I have cancelled the unimpt stuff u wrote
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 15, 2015
nerodenero:
Even the Offas see them as more of Fulanis than Yorubas. I think I can likened them to the yoruba part of Kogi State. When key issues about Yorubas are to be discussed, their opinion doesn't count.

Personally, I think Yorubas in Kogi state are still more Yoruba than the ones in Ilorin. Ilorin is torn between two regional powers and it is reasonable to expect them to align with the power that might offer them more. On the long run, they are better of with us however I can't rule out that there allegiance would always be divided. We do not want that if we are aiming for a strong Yoruba nation. The Yorubas in Kogi are in the minority however I believe it would be all-inclusive if they became part of us.
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 15, 2015
VirginFinder:

Like seriously?
You better take a break off NL and exhale if you cant handle the heat.
Na by force?

I sympathise with you and you're asking me to take a break?
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by nerodenero: 4:55pm On May 15, 2015
Justfollowit:

Personally, I think Yorubas in Kogi state are still more Yoruba than the ones in Ilorin. Ilorin is torn between two regional powers and it is reasonable to expect them to align with the power that might offer them more. On the long run, they are better of with us however I can't rule out that there allegiance would always be divided. We do not want that if we are aiming for a strong Yoruba nation. The Yorubas in Kogi are in the minority however I believe it would be all-inclusive if they became part of us
I wish this could happen but geopolitically, it might not be feasible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Calculate Your New Salary After The Implementation of New minimum wage / Senate Working On A Friday Unprecedented, Says Sen. Sani / Bayelsa: Pack And Go, Another Man Is Coming - Mbaka To Diri Douye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.