Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin (23649 Views)

In The Face Of Recession, Lets Remember "Our Oga At The Top" - Video / Battle Field Photos Of Nigerian Army CT COIN Operations In The North / Do You Still Remember This Wonderful Woman? Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 4:10pm On May 18, 2015
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by yinka2011: 4:10pm On May 18, 2015
The only kobo I can remember nowadays is[size=20pt] EASYKOBO
[/size]

I can practice naija stocks on this website. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 18, 2015
GboyegaD:
I love the 1kobo, 5kobo, and 10kobo pre 1991 more.
I wasn't even born by 1991
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by ATMC(f): 4:11pm On May 18, 2015
I still have coins.smiley Thanks to shopritewink If not for them, maybe I won't remember Coins.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 18, 2015
I spent everything
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by BUSHHUNTER: 4:11pm On May 18, 2015
I still have some for remembrance

BushHunter
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by maggilove(f): 4:13pm On May 18, 2015
Remembering the good old days.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by adioolayi(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2015
Rice 30kobo Ewa (Beans) 20k...Eran (meat) hunhun (None) ...What an experience!!!
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by TalkDirect: 4:13pm On May 18, 2015
cleatoris:
Inflation rendered them worthless. How sad!

But still can't imagine having to burden my pocket with some coins added to my phones.

I don't think it's inflation that took these coins from our pockets. It is something in the psyche of we Nigerians. We seem to ascribe inferiority to coins instead of valueing them. If they convert N100 and N200 to coins today, by Dec 2015 they would have also been swallowed up and we put it on inflation. It is something that just needs to be corrected in our culture. I attribute it to pride and ignorance. We are all guilty of it.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by mubarak89(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2015
Please #GMBBringBackOurCoins
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 18, 2015
bettercreature:
Remember ke? the coin i spent almost everyday and i still have over 100 naira in my car
those shoprite sales girls can't stop giving me coins

hahaha
Lols.
Same with Shop n Save supermarket in Uyo. They keep giving someone coins. I wonder where they get them from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 18, 2015
I didn't meet these coins apart from #1 coin ifvam right..........# 1,000 note I know
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by neonet(m): 4:16pm On May 18, 2015
Click on the link below and add us up on facebook to get more info about us

https://www.facebook.com/emmanuel.onuzurike

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Spydamannn(m): 4:24pm On May 18, 2015
Mistakenly swallowed a 50 kobo coin when I was a kid lol...maybe that's why I get money undecidedMistakenly swallowed a 50 kobo coin when I was a kid lol...maybe that's why I get money
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by felixuzuh(m): 4:37pm On May 18, 2015
In those days that 50k was like #50 naira, and #1 naira was like #100 naira. I could remember around 1999, when I was given #1 naira to school, by an uncle. I felt like I was on top the world. Lack of productivity and export destroyed the nigerian economy. Nigeria should have built on the scientific achievements of biafran scientists to go into manufacturing of arms and ammunitions, thereby exporting them to other countries for the sustenance of our economy. Over dependence on oil alone also destroyed our economy.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by stevenosa(m): 4:37pm On May 18, 2015
I used these ones big time...

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by DONOCHAS(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2015
I remember when i used d money 2 buy banana gum. When u use it 4 offering, d tin wil ringing in your pocket like bell. Good old days
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by JoeCutie(m): 4:47pm On May 18, 2015
Awww! I remember when I'd go to Church with #1 (One Naira), then during offering time, I'd walk straight to the offering box, drop my #1 inside and collect "change" of 50 kobo. cheesy

50 kobo worth of groundnut would be enough to soak one cup of Garri and you'd still have some leftovers. Awww! When again... cry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Samneer: 4:48pm On May 18, 2015
Of course, I can never forget. The fact that I swallowed the 50 kobo when I was young still lingers in my memory. Stubborn kid I was.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by timpaker(m): 4:48pm On May 18, 2015
Then I would use my pencil to shade the hell off that 50k on a 2D exercise book.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by vega84(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2015
Kai God hav mercy on naij
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by lasisidblack: 4:58pm On May 18, 2015
I used 1naira to buy choco milo
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by elderhimself(m): 5:09pm On May 18, 2015
That was when we could still brag about our country Nigeria.....but now...#WEEPS#####.......infact ####weeping######
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by madmanmega(m): 5:13pm On May 18, 2015
Ha. When did they do 2 naira coin??
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by fmolaooch: 5:30pm On May 18, 2015
Oh ds remind of old time I love it grin shocked[/color][color=#006600]
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Octaves(m): 5:38pm On May 18, 2015
When i was a kid. I used to give N1 as offering in the church. Sweets were sold for N1. I also used 50kobo. All of a sudden it all fell into abeyance and sweets increased to 2 N5 and then to 1 N5. Good ol' days
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by breadandtea(f): 5:40pm On May 18, 2015
I loved that N2 coin!
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by 1miccza: 5:40pm On May 18, 2015
Chai i can't forget in a hurry how i used to save 1kobo back then.... I seriously wish that era would return
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by EbolaParasite: 6:03pm On May 18, 2015
GboyegaD:
I love the 1kobo, 5kobo, and 10kobo pre 1991 more.

1 Kobo? Egbon. I throwe salute ooo. One must respect elders. You witnessed the good ol dayz.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by EbolaParasite: 6:06pm On May 18, 2015
timpaker:
Then I would use my pencil to shade the hell off that 50k on a 2D exercise book.

Wa Gbayi. THis!!!!!!!!!!! Good times.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 18, 2015
GboyegaD:

Your own better. The day I steal N5 wey I wan go buy food of N1.50k and the woman ask me who give me money to buy such and say she go follow me go house. I stylishly escape and for many months I avoid the close like plague.

grin grin grin grin grin I did this too. My own the food seller for know my mama. She promised to ask her. I no fit chop the N2 rice white rice and egusi again. Thinking nearly kill me. Na my stupid classmates for primary sch chop the food finish. Naija don finish....
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 18, 2015
How we wan sure say those wey dey pose say den spend am truly did.Abeg put ur dob first,then comment abeg

07/01/1820; na owo eyo we spend then.
thank you n God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise / NYSC Secretariat, Streets And Houses Flooded With Water In Kano / Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.