Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin (23658 Views)

In The Face Of Recession, Lets Remember "Our Oga At The Top" - Video / Battle Field Photos Of Nigerian Army CT COIN Operations In The North / Do You Still Remember This Wonderful Woman? Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by donem: 7:17pm On May 18, 2015
hmmm would never forget one naira coin, swallowed one in the year 1991 dont know if its still in my body uptil 2day, in summary nothing do me.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by tk4rd: 7:22pm On May 18, 2015
Sweets and tom-tom were N1 those days.. Kwuli-kwuli was 2-pieces for 50-kobo
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Neyomickey1: 7:30pm On May 18, 2015
Can you add this as well...

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by mziceberry(f): 7:45pm On May 18, 2015
I love the coin much..remember d way it sound
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Badb0y4lyf(m): 7:54pm On May 18, 2015
see o.p they show coin picture when 5naira cant buy pure water again.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:05pm On May 18, 2015
seunlayi:
[b]GMB is about change and Coins are also about change(e). Therefore, watch out for the return of coin[/

I pray so
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:06pm On May 18, 2015
Ddonoflife:
d good ol days .not d era of this ugly white wahsed money

yes o
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:07pm On May 18, 2015
remember007:
I wasn't even born by 1991

so u no follow flex d money??
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:10pm On May 18, 2015
remember007:
I didn't meet these coins apart from #1 coin ifvam right..........# 1,000 note I know

eya sorry
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 18, 2015
jamex93:

so u no follow flex d money??
Nop
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2015
Spydamannn:
Mistakenly swallowed a 50 kobo coin when I was a kid lol...maybe that's why I get money undecidedMistakenly swallowed a 50 kobo coin when I was a kid lol...maybe that's why I get money

lolx

bros share d money with me too

even if I no swallow am
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2015
felixuzuh:
In those days that 50k was like #50 naira, and #1 naira was like #100 naira. I could remember around 1999, when I was given #1 naira to school, by an uncle. I felt like I was on top the world. Lack of productivity and export destroyed the nigerian economy. Nigeria should have built on the scientific achievements of biafran scientists to go into manufacturing of arms and ammunitions, thereby exporting them to other countries for the sustenance of our economy. Over dependence on oil alone also destroyed our economy.

tru
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:13pm On May 18, 2015
DONOCHAS:
I remember when i used d money 2 buy banana gum. When u use it 4 offering, d tin wil ringing in your pocket like bell. Good old days

lolx

50kobo offering some times self we no go put am for offering we go prefer use am buy kuli kuli
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2015
Samneer:
Of course, I can never forget. The fact that I swallowed the 50 kobo when I was young still lingers in my memory. Stubborn kid I was.

lols
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by darediamond(m): 8:15pm On May 18, 2015
No it not worthless. Nigeria Goverment did not cancel coins but you Nigerians did out of arrogance blended with stark ignorance. We Southerners especially Igbos and Yorubas of this world are at BIG fault. Many are the products that ougth to still bé sold at 1.5naira cos from the factories, they are sold in kobo to Major Dealers or Regional distributors.
Nigerians needs Tough leaders or "Iron Hands'.People like Fashola of Lagos who makes you when you are in lagos never to dare drop dirts anyhow is needed.
People who rejects coins uotgh to bé arrrested and softly jailed.
cleatoris:

That's the only place you can use it. It's as worthless as that.
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:16pm On May 18, 2015
donem:
hmmm would never forget one naira coin, swallowed one in the year 1991 dont know if its still in my body uptil 2day, in summary nothing do me.

lwkmd

u don shit am jor
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:17pm On May 18, 2015
remember007:
Nop

kai u don really miss I swear

pray make baba bring am back
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by darediamond(m): 8:22pm On May 18, 2015
Iya Olounje: Ki lo fe ra?

Omo school: RiCe meta, Ewa meji, ko leran!grin grin
May that time come back.
Amen.
adioolayi:
Rice 30kobo Ewa (Beans) 20k...Eran (meat) hunhun (None) ...What an experience!!!

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 18, 2015
jamex93:

lols
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 18, 2015
jamex93:

lols
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2015
remember007:
lols

serious issue o
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by donem: 9:15pm On May 18, 2015
jamex93:

lwkmd

u don shit am jor
abi, but attimes i deh hear metalic sound 4 my stomach weda nah it grin
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by delpee(f): 9:19pm On May 18, 2015
The good old days!

I don't laff tire grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 10:05pm On May 18, 2015
donem:

abi, but attimes i deh hear metalic sound 4 my stomach weda nah it grin

grin grin grin grin grin i no fit laf abeg
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by seuntope8(m): 10:59pm On May 18, 2015
Lyk my mum do say she does kuk nd make wkend shoppin wt 50kobo nd wl stl ve change left...
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by jamex93(m): 11:17pm On May 18, 2015
seuntope8:
Lyk my mum do say she does kuk nd make wkend shoppin wt 50kobo nd wl stl ve change left...

yes o my brother
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by bmos(m): 12:03am On May 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
I love the 1kobo, 5kobo, and 10kobo pre 1991 more.

Sho us the 1973 coins. That was when money was money
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by dbest01: 12:45am On May 19, 2015
Wow!
Good to see them again
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by idrisabbas95(m): 6:28am On May 19, 2015
nice one.. Hw I wish all dis money can b brought back to existence..and reduce d naira note ..higest naira note shld b #100 jst as d Americans av dias ..bcox we kip following dem..and dey equally av dia own coins wish dey still spend Y can't we use d same...dis d value of naira and dollars we b d same
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by ugoezeik(m): 7:04am On May 19, 2015
GboyegaD:

Your own better. The day I steal N5 wey I wan go buy food of N1.50k and the woman ask me who give me money to buy such and say she go follow me go house. I stylishly escape and for many months I avoid the close like plague.
lol na ur own worstest pas. d wman ehhh grin
GboyegaD:

Your own better. The day I steal N5 wey I wan go buy food of N1.50k and the woman ask me who give me money to buy such and say she go follow me go house. I stylishly escape and for many months I avoid the close like plague.
lol na ur own worstest pas. d wman ehhh
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Okwori12(m): 8:49am On May 19, 2015
I actually use the 5kobo and 1 naira
Re: How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin by Rickbee1: 9:07am On May 19, 2015
Naija hate using coins in their country bt when they travel out u will see them collecting coins n requsting for d last kobo....love d new one naira it looks lik Indian ten rupee n Ghanian 1cedi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It Sounds Impossible For Me To Lose The 2019 Elections - President Buhari Brags / Edo 2020: Vigilante Stops Ondo Passengers From Entering Edo (Video) / Toni Kabaka Meets Labour Party Youth Leader, Says Election Is Not Do Or Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.