Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) (25265 Views)

Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by CommitteeMember(m): 5:28pm On May 21, 2015
Mr GEJ you conceded defeat because you felt you've failed... which you did.

You had the right not to concede defeat. There's no law that says a politician must concede defeat. You had other options that wouldn't have instigated a crisis.

1) Keep quiet and seek redress in court
or
2) Embark on a peaceful protest showing dissatisfaction

Stop making this thing sound like you conceded defeat in an Election you could have won. No, you failed. Should the Elections hold again tomorrow you'll still fail. You failed Nigerians.
Concentrate in Packing your things. Pack nkpo mfo
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by midasbliss(f): 6:03pm On May 21, 2015
litetias:

Your sensibilities should be offended by the fact that he's leaving the country worse than he met it and as such you should, like the majority of us, dislike him for letting down millions of Nigerians who thought he was the messiah.
Ok, I Take Decisions Myself, You Don't Have To Lecture Me, I Knw Already What Most Nigerians Think... It's My Choice U Know? We All Have Our Mind Sets Sire.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by IYANGBALI: 6:21pm On May 21, 2015
Abeg make we hear word,you did what you did because you lost the election and what you did was part of the peace pact that you signed before the election,so pls spare us this bullshiiiiiit. You lost the election EOD

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by litetias(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2015
midasbliss:

Ok, I Take Decisions Myself, You Don't Have To Lecture Me, I Knw Already What Most Nigerians Think... It's My Choice U Know? We All Have Our Mind Sets Sire.

Maybe you should be asking yourself why you're not thinking like most Nigerians instead of being all defensive.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by nationwide1(m): 6:49pm On May 21, 2015
jpphilips:

How many African elections have you monitored to arrive at that asinine conclusion?
Why must it be african? guess you don't have any Idea how the Europeans are faring right?
An Oshogbo cave man will always want to be compared with the Kenyapithecus, he never looks up to a brighter cloud.
Disgusting things, why not compare yourself with Haiti you dumb fvck!!
You sound pretty bitter, confused and deranged.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by CommitteeMember(m): 6:55pm On May 21, 2015
litetias:

Maybe you should be asking yourself why you're not thinking like most Nigerians instead of being all defensive.

Guy let her be now. As much as i don't agree with her also, but she does have the right to think the way she does/wants.
mbok Yak ade usuk usuk
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by nsyforreal: 7:15pm On May 21, 2015
charlesucheh:
your "god"!!! so you worship a small god!! No wonder you rant like a prejudicial oriented person. Try serving this GOD and see how wide your brains will go.

read well before you respond.don't think you took time to read.said my God! exclamation.

Hope you got it right now.never said someone is my God.so please read in between the lines before you respond
ok
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Fourwinds: 7:18pm On May 21, 2015
Vikkie14:
And that Simple but Hard Act makes you the Most Democratic President Africa had ever witness. You really act in the Spirit of Sportmanship.

Don't worry, we will vote for you to win the Nobel Peace Prize and the MO Ibrahim Award. Do you know why?

You Deserve It Sir.
In Ghana and Benin republic it has happened. So it is not new ok
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by BlackTechnology: 7:18pm On May 21, 2015
ionsman:

Aden Abdullah Osman conceded defeat.
Abdoulaye Wade conceded defeat.
Kenneth David Kaunda conceded defeat.
Rupiah Bwezani Danda conceded defeat.

I guess you can now stop talking about Gej.

List the countries they lead

Yeye angry
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by ionsman: 7:19pm On May 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You're talking about SeverusSnape here, Do you think the small boy knows anything?... He has been an 1diot right from day one on this forum. Thanks nonetheless
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by ionsman: 7:22pm On May 21, 2015
BlackTechnology:

List the countries they lead

Yeye angry
Somalia Senegal Zambia x 2.
Cool with that? smiley
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by midasbliss(f): 7:23pm On May 21, 2015
litetias:

Maybe U Should Stop Pressing Hard Sire. It's My Opinion, Nt Urz. Tnx. I Choose Nt To Hate Him.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Fourwinds: 7:30pm On May 21, 2015
nationwide1:
What a golden heart!

"... I conceded defeat to keep Nigeria away from conflict."

...You need to have a country before having the ambition to become the president ".

God bless President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
what a sorrowful heart noni
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by BlackTechnology: 7:32pm On May 21, 2015
ionsman:

Somalia Senegal Zambia x 2.
Cool with that? smiley

OK

But

Remember that Buhari incited violence when he lost

True or False. cool
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by NaijaDoWell: 8:05pm On May 21, 2015
jumobi1:
You conceeded because you lost. Not conceeded will be a bad thing to do. No cookie for doing the expected. The masses voted you out.

Its unfortunate how our brains work in Nigeria. If GEJ had not conceeded defeat the way he did, Nigeria would be on fire by now! Dont forget GEJ has millions of supporters also, plus the power of incubency, the military e.t.c. If he felt so strongly displeased, he could hv influenced the tribunal to his favour, even b4 swearing-in. He also had the option of interim govt if he was sooooo desperate.
In any case, the country would hv boiled. GMB never believes he loses election. Recall how the North started boiling immediately GMB lost in 2011. He would hv done worse now dat he has d support of d west.
Pls, lets give honour to whom it is due. GEJ saved Nigeria! The wishes & prophesies of d international community was twarted by the simple Noble act of Jonathan. Lets commend him for that.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by ionsman: 8:07pm On May 21, 2015
BlackTechnology:

OK

But

Remember that Buhari incited violence when he lost

True or False. cool
You have no proof.Give me water tight proofs.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by BlackTechnology: 8:13pm On May 21, 2015
NaijaDoWell:

Its unfortunate how our brains work in Nigeria. If GEJ had not conceeded defeat the way he did, Nigeria would be on fire by now! Dont forget GEJ has millions of supporters also, plus the power of incubency, the military e.t.c. If he felt so strongly displeased, he could hv influenced the tribunal to his favour, even b4 swearing-in. He also had the option of interim govt if he was sooooo desperate.
In any case, the country would hv boiled. GMB never believes he loses election. Recall how the North started boiling immediately GMB lost in 2011. He would hv done worse now dat he has d support of d west.
Pls, lets give honour to whom it is due. GEJ saved Nigeria! The wishes & prophesies of d international community was twarted by the simple Noble act of Jonathan. Lets commend him for that.

The decision to plunge Nigeria into civil war was passed from Jonathan to Buhari by his wise decision to concede defeat

Now is the turn of Buhari to maintain or destroy the peace.

On Lower Niger Republic we stand if Buhari fails to keep the peace kiss
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by BlackTechnology: 8:14pm On May 21, 2015
ionsman:

You have no proof.Give me water tight proofs.

Then it shows you were wearing pants on the street in 2011

I guess you were 10yrs old then.

Yeye question. grin
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Adeyinka12(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2015
I give kudos to jonathan on this,if not the action of congrattulation to buhari,hmmm orubebe would have destroy this country to a alt.thank jonathan for that
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by ionsman: 10:25pm On May 21, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Then it shows you were wearing pants on the street in 2011

I guess you were 10yrs old then.

Yeye question. grin
Okay.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by jumobi1(m): 1:40am On May 22, 2015
NaijaDoWell:

I totally agree with you bro. However what should he have done. Anybody can choose to do wrong. Do we have to clap when they choose not to. He lost. That's why he conceded. If he won, he shouldn't and hopefully wouldn't have conceded.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Ellashow: 7:45am On May 22, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Asin eh! We have no standard at all...truly, if you cant stand up for something, you would fall for everything...we have ethical inadequacies; thats why we ALWAYS trip for any1 that shows a trait for good ethics...be it scam or reality..

That's how we see am o my brother. We have truly lost our ethical standard...
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by codephela(m): 10:02am On May 22, 2015
lexsals4real:
General wasn't defeated fearfully at d 2011 election BT he asked no one to take action against another..it was d people dat feels they where cheated..bt thanks to PVC n Card Reader if not Gejs team would have repeated such...JEGA is heroic.... d people's mandate has been given to d rightful owner..
...wasn't fearfully defeated??!!...abeg go check d margin wia jona floor am wihd,,,he is a sore loser,period!..make we dey see him mandate na,,1) to dey jail corrupt ex leaders,,make him start wihd him own field generals..2) na the 1 dollar to 1 naira I dey wait 4...may 29 no far again na,after 100days markin of report card go strt...
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by chamboy(m): 10:34am On May 22, 2015
Best Achievement of GEJ
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Norajones(f): 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
We would not miss him...not today, tomorrow and in the future! It's people like you that prophesied that Nigeria would go to destruction if APC wins...despite the high corruption in his govt and the present fuel crisis; u dare open your mouth to talk about missing or regret not voting him
ur papa. Oh sorry this is nairaland so UR DAD
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Norajones(f): 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
LouisVanGaal:
We would not miss him...not today, tomorrow and in the future! It's people like you that prophesied that Nigeria would go to destruction if APC wins...despite the high corruption in his govt and the present fuel crisis; u dare open your mouth to talk about missing or regret not voting him
I came to remind u. Remember wen u said all these?now tell me ,hope u r really enjoying dis present govt? Be sincere,corruption still very high n worse. Fuel no dey. Even water no dey to drink. A bag of pure water is now 150,crate of egg from 600 to 950. Hope I prophesied correctly n ryt?
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
Norajones:
I came to remind u. Remember wen u said all these?now tell me ,hope u r really enjoying dis present govt? Be sincere,corruption still very high n worse. Fuel no dey. Even water no dey to drink. A bag of pure water is now 150,crate of egg from 600 to 950. Hope I prophesied correctly n ryt?
You can miss him, but not me! Cos a large chunk of what we are seeing now are spill overs of the problem initiated by the reckless embezzlement of funds in his govt...
Was the oil price not falling steadily immediately after d election Was there no scarcity of fuel in the week leading to may29th Yes corruption is yet to be fully tackled cos ur types are the ones supporting the likes of saraki/metuh/dokpesi/dasuki and etc..
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Norajones(f): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2016
LouisVanGaal:
You can miss him, but not me! Cos a large chunk of what we are seeing now are spill overs of the problem initiated by the reckless embezzlement of funds in his govt...
Was the oil price not falling steadily immediately after d election Was there no scarcity of fuel in the week leading to may29th Yes corruption is yet to be fully tackled cos ur types are the ones supporting the likes of saraki/metuh/dokpesi/dasuki and etc..
are u sure u r happy? cos I'm not convinced. its OK to be wrong sometimes u know,APC are lying liars

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ibeju-Lekki Police station Was not Burnt, Hoodlums Burnt 5 Vehicles (Pictures) / Buhari Receives King Of Morrocco In Aso Rock Today / Celebration In Ogun Over Dapo Abiodun Victory - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.