Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE (14376 Views)

Nigeria Failed To Harness Massive Biafra Technological Inventions - Garba Shehu / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 11:52am On May 22, 2015
Schematics:
This thread was created by a Southeastern to discuss on the way forward for his region's prosperity, why not focus on your region and how it can get better instead sleeping 24/7 on NL looking out for any thread that has something to do with the Igbos! My friend get a life!

This website was created by a Southwesterner for everyone. Why not go to Radio Biafra if you do not want others

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Nobody: 11:54am On May 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
But you are not by the sea. how is this different from the endless agitation to continue exploring for oil the the North?

we have river niger

1 Like

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 11:55am On May 22, 2015
shachris03:

we have river niger
River is not the sea my friend
the River Niger passes through about 8 states

1 Like

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Schematics: 11:57am On May 22, 2015
That was exactly why I said you cry on every thing that has to do with the Igbos more than you care about the issues plaguing you and your people. Irrespective who of owns NL, NL cannot thrive in isolation. Get a life you need it!

omonnakoda:
This website was created by a Southwesterner for everyone. Why ot go to Radio Biafra if you do not want others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 11:58am On May 22, 2015
Schematics:
That was exactly why I said you cry on every thing that has to do with the Igbos more than you care about the issues plaguing you and your people. Irrespective who owns NL because NL cannot thrive in isolation. Get a life you need it!

I think your family are the ones that are about to start crying and they will never stop

8 Likes

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Schematics: 11:59am On May 22, 2015
The same thing i was talking about. Lol

Why take panadol for what someone else is thinking? Why not skip the thread if you knew Seaport is not possible in the SE! CHAI cheesy

omonnakoda:
River is not the sea my friend
the River Niger passes through about 8 states

2 Likes

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Schematics: 12:01pm On May 22, 2015
Stop crying on issues that concerns the Igbos. Why not leave the igbos to worry about if the port is feasible or not! Haba! Stop wandering on NL and crying on behalf of the igbos. ! wink

omonnakoda:
I think your family are the ones that are about to start crying and they will never stop

1 Like

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 12:02pm On May 22, 2015
Schematics:

The same thing am talking about. Lol

Why take panadol for what someone else is thinking? Why not skip the thread if you knew Seaport is not possible in the SE! CHAI cheesy

Why skip it I have my opinion and I want to express it if you do not like it why not ignore my comments or go and drink rat poison.Must you tell me what not to do.Is it your father's site? Are you not taking rat poison for another person's rats by telling me what to do. Do exactly wat you are advising and get out of my face

3 Likes

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 22, 2015
Schematics:
Stop crying on issues that concerns the Igbos. Why not leave the igbos to worry about if the port is feasible or not! Haba! Stop wandering on NL and crying on behalf of the igbos. ! wink

dude is obsessed with the igbos. the mere mention of igbo gives him everlasting hardon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Schematics: 12:09pm On May 22, 2015
There was a link I sent you up there, I wanted you to worry more about the economic crisis in your state of oshun than worry about what a nairalander thought about a seaport. I am not just saying this but because I have seen you leave issues that bother you and your people only to jump on issues that got to do with the Igbos. You cried about Innoson cars, you cried about a house by a former gov, you cried about products from SE. Haba..you have cried enough. Get a life outside NL for once.

omonnakoda:
Why skip it I have my opinion and I want to express it if you do not like it why not ignore my comments or go and drink rat poison.Must you tell me what not to do.Is it your father's site? Are you not taking rat poison for another person's rats by telling me what to do. Do exactly wat you are advising and get out of my face

2 Likes

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 12:10pm On May 22, 2015
Schematics:
There was a link I sent you up there, I wanted you to worry more about the economic crisis in your state of oshun than worry about what a nairalander thought about a seaport. I am not just saying this but because I have seen you leave issues that bother you and your people only to jump on issues that got to do with the Igbos. You cried about Innoson cars, you cried about a house by a former gov, you cried about products from SE. Haba..you have cried enough. Get a life outside NL for once.

Guy I hope there is nothing wrong with your mother's head. Do not tell me her epilepsy has started again. I will advise you to strangle her if you cannot cope
So you are GAY? Is that why you have been sniffing behind me tracking what I do on Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Schematics: 12:11pm On May 22, 2015
This is beyond obsession. The guy or man needs to get a life abeg!

shachris03:

dude is obsessed with the igbos. the mere mention of igbo gives him everlasting hardon.

1 Like

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 12:13pm On May 22, 2015
GAY lord sniffing behind me allover Nairaland. grin
Dude I am not interested
Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Schematics: 12:13pm On May 22, 2015
E dey pain you? My friend try and get a life outside NL. And stop stalking the igbos from thread to thread! Were you employed to be on every thread opened by igbos to discuss about their advancement? wink

omonnakoda:
Guy something is wrong with my mother's head. Do not tell me about her epilepsy has started again. I will advise you to strangle my mother for me.

1 Like

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 12:14pm On May 22, 2015
Gay boy grin
Dirty fagg0t
Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by 01emek(m): 12:22pm On May 22, 2015
It is realistic if only we work towards achieving it. Thus the FG have a right to stop the project but i don't think he would because its been done without an interior motive..

Taking about funds, just 20people icollaboration with the five eastern governors would deliver the project without going into bankrupcy.

And with this there would be equitable distribution of human and material resources in Nigeria.

THE AFTERMATH OF THIS!!!

The population of lagos would reduce drastically, becuase human and material resources tend to move were its was assumed to be secure for industrial development. And when you talk about advance econimic development, any where an industry could be found is assumed to be well developed in order to make goods easily accessable..

Available market would never be the problem because an ordinary sense would tell that everybody in the east are not into importation. So? They would trade within them self there making goods cheaper for the inhabitants. And dumping (in economic) would be applicable when goods are in excess. Excessive goods would be taken to the west and north were its would be needed.

And for posterity sake? The seaport would be a steping stone when biafra is achieved..

Like the wise sayiny ''a journey of thoursands miles begans with a step...

1 Like

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Scholes007(m): 12:32pm On May 22, 2015
@EUROBOMBER ~The shortest and most cost effect way of getting (to sea)/ a sea port is through Abia state...pls try to get a map of Abia and rivers state look at azumili river in ukwa west you will notice that it could have a viable sea port or through river cross(enyium) Ebonyi state

**objective***

1_To dredge and create artificial lake in azumili which is has low population density and large unhabitable land (mostly swampy hence no much Agricultural use )

2_ To have the shortest possible path towards the sea with minimal financial input and its closeness to a city

**constraints***

1_ The first obstacle is Federal Govt: how will the FG view the project...will it be seen as act of treason...

2_ The second is rivers state govt

3_The financial factor

© schematic, shachris03,
Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by AyakaDunukofia: 1:11pm On May 22, 2015
Obuaku port remains the most feasible for the SE giving the proximity to the ocean and the cost effectiveness of a short distance dredging.
Obuaku is a confluence town slightly above Ekeffe town on the map and even closer to the sea than PH. 10 nautical miles to the ocean through the Imo river and the Opobo estuary. The Abia state has articulated so much on it but should liase with his SE counter parts to actualize the project

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 1:22pm On May 22, 2015
The environmental impact of dredging is on the host community in the immediate environment as well as others upstream hundreds of miles way.
Normally the river flows into the oceans .Are we saying to dredge so that the ocean waters mix with the river and the river now becomes salt water instead of fresh.

Who are the immediate community ? Rivers State. /Bayelsa State
So Rivers state instead of agitating for their own port will allow dredging + 100 kilometres of river bed through their territory with unpredictable consequences so as to solve a non existent problem? Whilst losing jobs and revenue that a port in Bayelsa or Rivers state would create and the disruption of marine life that is their livelihood. You remove the river bed that sustains all their fish and marine life to what end?

What is needed are ports in Bayelsa and or Rivers and or Akwa Ibom that can be built without dredging and causing unnecessary disruption

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by AyakaDunukofia: 1:57pm On May 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
The environmental impact of dredging is on the host community in the immediate environment as well as others upstream hundreds of miles way.
Normally the river flows into the oceans .Are we saying to dredge so that the ocean waters mix with the river and the river now becomes salt water instead of fresh.

So Rivers state instead of agitating for their own port will allow dredging + 100 kilometres of river bed through their territory with unpredictable consequences so as to solve a non existent problem? Whilst losing jobs and revenue that a port in Bayelsa or Rivers state would create and the disruption of marine life that is their livelihood. You remove the river bed that sustains all their fish and marine life to what end?

What is needed are ports in Bayelsa and or Rivers and or Akwa Ibom that can be built without dredging and causing unnecessary disruption

PH, Calabar, Warri, Sapele, Koko, Onitsha are all ports built on natural rivers. In other words they're river ports that are constantly dredged to effect their usefulness. If it is in the interest of Abia state or the SE to operate a port at Obuaku, on the Imo river, i don't see why they shouldn't. Warri and Calabar ports are 55 and 60 Km to the sea respectively. Obuaku in Abia state is 10 Nautical miles to the ocean.

85 percent of the communities involved are in Abia state. The other 2 villages are of the Annangs. Then, Opobo at the estuary. The ruling house of Opobo will certainly not be against it. This is a very short distance....A dash to the ocean.

There should be ports where ever is neccesary to compliment the other ones already in operation. AkwaIbom, PH, Lagos, Warri are all good steps in the right direction. A time was when Nigeria's gate-way in the air was restricted to a few places. But now, it's no more. So it should be with maritime corridors. And it will certainly happen.

1 Like

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 2:03pm On May 22, 2015
AyakaDunukofia:

PH, Calabar, Warri, Sapele, Koko, Onitsha are all ports built on natural rivers. In other words they're river ports that are constantly dredged to effect their usefulness. If it is in the interest of Abia state or the SE to operate a port at Obuaku, on the Imo river, i don't see why they shouldn't. Warri and Calabar ports are 55 and 60 Km to the sea respectively. Obuaku in Abia state is 10 Nautical miles to the ocean.

85 percent of the communities involved are in Abia state. The other 2 villages are of the Annangs. Then, Opobo at the estuary. The ruling house of Opobo will certainly not be against it. This is a very short distance....A dash to the ocean.

There should be ports where ever is neccesary to compliment the other ones already in operation. AkwaIbom, PH, Lagos, Warri are all good steps in the right direction. A time was when Nigeria's gate-way in the air was restricted to a few places. But now, it's no more. So it should be with maritime corridors. And it will certainly happen.

Will all the dredging required take place in Abia state only? Are you aware of the court cases against the dredging? What happens when Cameroon or other nations open their dams without warning

2 Likes

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Schematics: 2:06pm On May 22, 2015
There he goes again crying over something that has nothing to do with him nor his people. Lol

You are neither from Rivers nor Bayelsa, why are you worried whether it can be done or not if you are not already scared that it can be done but already expressing your frustration on its success. cheesy

Why are you filled with hate, bitterness, frustration and negative plans for your perceived enemies or rivals?

Get yourself busy that way you will think more about how to better yourself and your people. Get a life MR caring. wink

[s]
omonnakoda:

[/s]

3 Likes

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by AyakaDunukofia: 2:09pm On May 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
Will all the dredging required take place in Abia state only? Are you aware of the court cases against the dredging? What happens when Cameroon or other nations open their dams without warning

With which people and for what? Why didn't that happen in PH port? Did the riverine people rise up against the Ikwerre because the port was sited in Ikwerre land. Wouldn't it like other ports, serve for the benefit of the neighboring communities?
Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by zimoni(f): 2:52pm On May 22, 2015
The proposed Obuaku Seaport route does not have anything to do with river niger or Cameroon whatsoever.

They will need to liaise with Akwa Ibom State government because that's the access route.

Obuaku is located at Ukwa West LG in Abia State. It will be just like Hamburg Seaport at Germany. It's located some nautical miles from the sea.

Check the map well Sir.

It's a pity SE governors never worked on it till Jonathan left.

Yet, I believe GrandPa will approve it. All they need is get investors (PPP).

It is well.

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 2:53pm On May 22, 2015
AyakaDunukofia:

With which people and for what? Why didn't that happen in PH port? Did the riverine people rise up against the Ikwerre because the port was sited in Ikwerre land. Wouldn't it like other ports, serve for the benefit of the neighboring communities?
I fail to see the similarity Port Harcourt Port is very close to the sea and was sited there by the British nearly 100 years ago. There is no similarity to what is being proposed in Onitsha so I do not get your point? Can you tell me what communities lie downstream from Port Harcourt onward to the Atlantic?
Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by zimoni(f): 2:58pm On May 22, 2015
Found this online. It's a pity TA Orji could not make it happen till he left.

Source ...... http://info.jctrans.com/jcnet/news/pn/201312251995564.shtml

Abia Set To Build Sea Port

Determined to remove Abia State from its landlocked status and enhance economic and commercial activities the state government has concluded plans to build its own seaport.

The decision to build the seaport which is to be located at Obuaku in Ukwa West local government is coming on the heels of government��s announcement that plans are in top gear to build an airport in the state.

Commissioner for information and strategy, Dr Eze Chikamnayo who disclosed this after the last state executive council meeting in Umuahia said the two projects would be executed simultaneously.

The sea port which will be the first in the South East geopolitical zone would help importers and exporter from the state carry out their business with more ease and reduce the distance they have to travel to clear their goods.

The sea port he added would also create employment for the teeming unemployed youths in the state both skilled and unskilled.

Defending the location of the seaport, he said that unlike Port Harcourt Sea port which is about 10 miles from Port Harcourt City, the proposed Obuaku seaport is less than five miles to the Atlantic Ocean.

The commissioner said that already a committee has been set up to see to the development of the seaport which will see Governor Theodore Orji emerging as the first governor in the South East to build a sea port.

On the air port project, he said that an appropriate site had been acquired cutting across Ikwuano and Umuahia south local government areas covering an area of 24 square miles.

1 Like

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 2:59pm On May 22, 2015
Schematics:
There he goes again crying over something that has nothing to do with him nor his people. Lol

You are neither from Rivers nor Bayelsa, why are you worried whether it can be done or not if you are not already scared that it can be done but already expressing your frustration on its success. cheesy

Why are you filled with hate, bitterness, frustration and negative plans for your perceived enemies or rivals?

Get yourself busy that way you will think more about how to better yourself and your people. Get a life MR caring. wink

[s][/s]
Look here Gay Battyboy grin

I am not interested in you Ok

1 Like

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Schematics: 3:04pm On May 22, 2015
We done come be that! I will be here to face you until you get a life! Get a life outside nairaland I said and stop following Igbo threads around go and find a way to solve myriads of economic crisis rocking your state of Oshun! wink

You are not Igbo, I wonder why you have so much interest in Igbo matter than your own crisis! tongue

omonnakoda:
Look here Gay Battyboy grin

I am not interested in you Ok

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by omonnakoda: 3:07pm On May 22, 2015
Schematics:
We done come be that! I will be here to face you until you get a life! Get a life outside nairaland I said and stop following Igbo threads around go and find a way to solve myriads of economic crisis rocking your state of Oshun! wink

You are not Igbo, I wonder why you have so much interest in Igbo matter than your own crisis! tongue

The only thing you will face is your mother till she dies
Homosexual guyn do not PM me I do not roll like that

3 Likes

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Schematics: 3:09pm On May 22, 2015
Ah ah! Is that so? Haba! tongue

omonnakoda:
The only thing I will face is my harlot mother till she dies of AIDS

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by zimoni(f): 3:11pm On May 22, 2015
If the SE Governors are really serious about building Obuaku Seaport, I believe it shall come to reality.

Everything is possible.

Hamburg Seaport below.

It is well.

Re: A Functioning Seaport And Economic/technological Revolution In The SE by Mynd44: 3:12pm On May 22, 2015
There is another choice that is a lot more viable. The Ibaka port in Akwa Ibom should be finished and opened. That is very important to open up this choice and this plan.

With that port opened, the legislators, lobbyists and governors from the SE should put pressure on the FG to connect the port to their cities via rails.

How much good will that do? Not much until one state builds a rail to link to the FG's link to a inland port. Where you can have goods come to Ibaka and sent straight up to possibly Abia state without hassles and from Abia, things can happen. Exportation can also happen as it will be a two way thing.

Asking for the River Niger to be dredged is going to cost billions and a lot of time and with the government going broke...goodluck with that happening.

As someone mentioned, If other cities that Along the Niger complains, they will be right to have the river dredged up to then too. So build an inland port and connect it to an existing port via rails. You can even have a terminal exclusively dedicated to good going up to Abia from Akwa Ibom sef.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu / Igbo Will Suffer If They Secede —senator Doguwa / Social Media Is Now A Menace, Must Be Regulated - Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.