Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) (55342 Views)

EFCC Seals Unoma Akpabio's School In Uyo. Photos / Gov.akpabio Opens The Ibom Tropicana Shopping Complex (pictures) / Akpabio Opens The Abak River Bridge Constructed By Julius Berger Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Ikwerreboy(m): 12:10am On May 24, 2015
oh, Godbless you bro. you just made known one of my agenda wen i assume office on only God knws wen.. £Rivers,ikwerre...
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by aresa: 12:46am On May 24, 2015
Flets:

sign the Ibaka seaport project and concession and Akwaibom would have taken Africa by storm.

Despite the yearly allocation of several billions of naira for the construction of a proposed greenfield deep seaport at Ibaka in Akwa Ibom State by both the State Government and the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) since 2011, the project has remained elusive, with no evidence of a port being built at the proposed site.

The project is missing in the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan and in the list of similar projects planned in partnership between the federal government and state government, with expectations of private investors collaborations, investigations by LEADERSHIP have revealed.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312160580.html

You mean the same Ibaka Crooked and corrupt Akpabio budget and pocket billions for every year and still not even on FG's project gazette?

lmao... una neva jamm. grin

2 Likes

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by aresa: 12:57am On May 24, 2015
After 8 years in office and largest budgets in Nigeria's history.

We have a few roads and less than 10 major projects

Imagine a state with the largest budget in Nigeria N500+ billion with just 5 million people have less than 10 projects? grin

Flyover

1 library

1 gutter canal

1 redundant and unused football field

1 and only hospital he finally commissioned after 8 years in office

1 Ego white elephant mall

No skills centers to empower his people

His schools are getting shit down because of poor infrastructure

No water works

No visionary projects, just waste and Ego projects..

This man just walked away with uncountable billions grin

2 Likes

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by peruso: 1:10am On May 24, 2015
did anyone notice the ben murray bruce family there?
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by MayorofLagos(m): 4:53am On May 24, 2015
@post
while Ibo Governors are developing lands and building super malls in Abuja and Lagos, Akpabio get sense and put mall in his own land for his own people to generate and redistribute wealth locally for progress of his people.

Where are the Ibos to come and learn lessons from their wise brothers? This is how you develop your homeland.

bloody freaks! angry
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by aresa: 5:13am On May 24, 2015
MayorofLagos:
@post
while Ibo Governors are developing lands and building super malls in Abuja and Lagos, Akpabio get sense and put mall in his own land for his own people to generate and redistribute wealth locally for progress of his people.

Where are the Ibos to come and learn lessons from their wise brothers? This is how you develop your homeland.

bloody freaks! angry

It's their success too..

Akpabio supporters on NL are ibo. Akpabio is the next best thing since their own village leaders are useless and unproductive so anything Akpabio even mediocre get's claimed by ibos.. It's the same atahe by force syndrom..

1 Like

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by FabioPeter: 6:49am On May 24, 2015
300million Naira can't build that complex, it's got to be way higher.

IGBOSON2:

^^^I'm guessing it includes the 5-Star Hotel and other stuff being built like the childrens park and cinema!
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Boss13: 7:04am On May 24, 2015
I have been to Uyo, no doubt the roads are beautifully constructed, but the people are hungry. I visited the silver bird mall and the movies are heavily subsidized by the government, yet people do not turn out enmass. The wealth in Akwa Ibom is not evenly distributed and only a few enjoy from it.

You can judge true development not by road but by the quality and standard of lives. Now, when next you visit Uyo, try to look at the houses suitated ajacent the beautiful roads

3 Likes

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by bofoy(m): 7:56am On May 24, 2015
aresa:
After 8 years in office and largest budgets in Nigeria's history.

We have a few roads and less than 10 major projects

Imagine a state with the largest budget in Nigeria N500+ billion with just 5 million people have less than 10 projects? grin

Flyover

1 library

1 gutter canal

1 redundant and unused football field

1 and only hospital he finally commissioned after 8 years in office

1 Ego white elephant mall

No skills centers to empower his people

His schools are getting shit down because of poor infrastructure

No water works

No visionary projects, just waste and Ego projects..

This man just walked away with uncountable billions grin
what is this bastard talking, have u been to akwa ibom before ? Idle beast
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by bofoy(m): 8:20am On May 24, 2015
Boss13:
I have been to Uyo, no doubt the roads are beautifully constructed, but the people are hungry. I visited the silver bird mall and the movies are heavily subsidized by the government, yet people do not turn out enmass. The wealth in Akwa Ibom is not evenly distributed and only a few enjoy from it.

You can judge true development not by road but by the quality and standard of lives. Now, when next you visit Uyo, try to look at the houses suitated ajacent the beautiful roads
you better go back to ur cocoyam farm ONDO BOY what has ur govt olusegun mimikocoyam done, notin notin na to give una fertilizer to plant cocoyam
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by chrisblack: 9:26am On May 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

First time we dhe agree on same tin
All still boils down to d fact dat apc used propaganda to poison d hart of nigerians
Only time will tell, if d "change" is real
forget propaganda. Fashola out performed akpabio in all ramification. Have any of you actually been to uyo?.all you say is hear say. I have been there on several occasion.i stand to say thay akpabio cannot even stand lamido in terms of comparative development interms of allocation gotten. Ihave tons of pics on fashola project. I dare any one to come and lets start uploading and see who will chicken out.i mean projects in all sphere.is it in schools fashola built more.hospitals or km of roads fashola did more.water transportation or brt.tourism we ave lagos carnival,black history at badagry,in economy lagos govt did. We have lekki free trade zone ,airport deep sea port the largest in africa i have beeen to this places and you need to see the way the chines are working.talk about hosing fashola built more.functional power plant lasg has more. The largest single public works project in africa. The lagos metroline with the bridges now at ijora power stationn just less than 4km to its final destination.mind you piling across the sea as commence.the road t from mile2 is also coming with 10 standard lane.only last week iwas at the power plant built fo specifically for the tran line it was enormous..and people will come and start sayin rubish about a useless uncommon transformation
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by bofoy(m): 10:06am On May 24, 2015
chrisblack:
forget propaganda. Fashola out performed akpabio in all ramification. Have any of you actually been to uyo?.all you say is hear say. I have been there on several occasion.i stand to say thay akpabio cannot even stand lamido in terms of comparative development interms of allocation gotten. Ihave tons of pics on fashola project. I dare any one to come and lets start uploading and see who will chicken out.i mean projects in all sphere.is it in schools fashola built more.hospitals or km of roads fashola did more.water transportation or brt.tourism we ave lagos carnival,black history at badagry,in economy lagos govt did. We have lekki free trade zone ,airport deep sea port the largest in africa i have beeen to this places and you need to see the way the chines are working.talk about hosing fashola built more.functional power plant lasg has more. The largest single public works project in africa. The lagos metroline with the bridges now at ijora power stationn just less than 4km to its final destination.mind you piling across the sea as commence.the road t from mile2 is also coming with 10 standard lane.only last week iwas at the power plant built fo specifically for the tran line it was enormous..and people will come and start sayin rubish about a useless uncommon transformation
rehabilitated projects commission by fash ole , yes lamido and orji is better than fash ole.
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Timaro(f): 10:06am On May 24, 2015
Weldone my digital Governor,am proud of ma state...Akwa ibom ayaya.....
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by bofoy(m): 10:10am On May 24, 2015
MayorofLagos:
@post

bloody freaks! angry
AKPABIO 84% / FASHOLA 64%

1 Like

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by bofoy(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2015
bofoy:
AKPABIO 84% / FASHOLA 64%
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by bofoy(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2015
Curiouscity:

Thanks for your response and civility while doing so.
You see, man is an insatiable being( according to my secondary sch. economics). Many people in Nigeria want the government to replicate things seen in the Western world, and you and me know that we are 'class sensitive'. Hence, people will prefer to shop in a large fancy mall with high price tag than patronize 'Ette Akpan Supermarket' or 'Okon Lagos Boutique' which are relatively cheap. We need change in our value system or call it re-orientation country-wide.

On the economic aspect, it will not kill the small scale business. I have had a chance to live outside Nigeria some yrs back. I see real big grocery chains like walmart and the likes, yet small business still strive in those cities. People patronize anyone base on their taste and satisfaction. Also, we are still courting big industrial investors, to create the desired industrial jobs. With these mall present in our cities, these industrialist can be assured of meeting world class service delivery and therefore confident in investing in the country.

On the other hand, these big malls can create jobs in the agricultural sector as you mentioned. The malls should be made to source for all their fruits and vegetables within the state, thereby creating jobs. The next administration should look in those this you mentioned so we can have food sustainability. What will be very bad and painful will be if the managers of this mall repeat what shoprite is doing presently in Nigeria - importing all their foodstuff, fruits and vegetables from South Africa. I think our government should kick against this.
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by mikolo80: 11:30am On May 24, 2015
sholatech:
This complex will be in billions. Maybe the paper meant 3b Naira instead of 300m Naira. Some Journalists not good with figures!
Most journalists not good period.
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by mikolo80: 11:42am On May 24, 2015
Flets:
The Lower Niger just missed a massive opportunity by a hair strand.

yes they have

Uyo has been upgraded and positioned the next economic hub in West Africa. Akpabio succeded in putting up all major infrastructures required for a thriving metropolis..... and just one more thing was required......... sign the Ibaka seaport project and concession and Akwaibom would have taken Africa by storm.

Heard that cinemas and beaches are empty .dumbo should have concentrated on refineries and palm oil or pineapples

GEJ was playing it cool not to offend the south west who believes the port business is their resource. He was just waiting to get back in 2nd term to kick start the project. The south west and North saw this and had to fight as hard as they could.

Cluelessness par excellence

However common sense can only be delayed and not denied.
Why does Nigeria despite having over 700km coastline still operate only one Port only in the Lagos the south west?

greed (low supply high demand.serious corruption)and wickedness (congestion)

Why was Atiku allowed a concession on Intels port in rivers state with import rates way higher than Lagos and only economical for oil and gas businesses?

cos he a master of the game.do not hate

Why has NPA refused to renew the dredging contracts for the ports in delta and crossriver state?

more corruption duh

Why was a yoruba man few weeks back complaining that the NPA chairman position was the birthright of the southwest.

same way south south claims nddc and niger delta ministry and oil.you don't ask tou don't get.politics

Nigeria remains a zoo and cesspit. Just because of the interest of a few yorubas, the economic potentials of a region is sidelined against common sense..... which will also help decongest lagos.

The yoruba are fighting for their share of natiomal cake.
What are your leaders fighting for? Gold watches.mansions.cars.honorary doctorate.private pockets.please spare me

Some day that port will ressurect and population of lagos will be halved.

Amen to that

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by chrisblack: 2:38pm On May 24, 2015
bofoy:
rehabilitated projects commission by fash ole , yes lamido and orji is better than fash ole.
bofoy are you a leaner? you sound just like your name mufu.

am not talking about rehabilitated projects I mean brand new one. bigger than akpabio can ever comphrend
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by aresa: 2:45pm On May 24, 2015
bofoy:
what is this bastard talking, have u been to akwa ibom before ? Idle beast

Look in the mirror for bastard and you shouldn't even be calling other people what you call your own parents.....
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by IGBOSON2: 3:07pm On May 24, 2015
FabioPeter:
300million Naira can't build that complex, it's got to be way higher.

^^^I misread the heading.....thought it was in dollars! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by aresa: 3:08pm On May 24, 2015
Boss13:

Sadly, this is what you get when governments fails to invest in the people to get them to the next level where they are able to even patronize the ego projects on the ground like hotels, mall and still unused football field.

Not a single skills center.

Nursing school was shut down by the FG for poor facilities while this man spent billions on a stadium that is now dormant and unused, not a single soccer game or event since commissioning.

The stadium generates zero employment and the people of Akwa Ibom haven't' made 1 kobo off that stadium. This is the true definition of White Elephant..

Not a single health center

No water works

Just Ego projects with zero benefits to the people of Akwa Ibom.

The poor people of Akwa Ibom paid to build the cinema and are still paying today because the thoughtless man is subsidizing movie tickets with their money just to show patronage.. It's called double jeopardy...

This mall is another white elephant since the local economy is not strong to support patronage and functionality and the general population doesn't have the buying power.

When private entities sees opportunity to make money based on available local buying power and disposable funds, they'll show up to invest in hotels and all the other stuff this man is spending the people's money on, but they are not showing up to invest simply because the money is not there, the local IGR comes from Oil comps and not from general business activities..

1 Like

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by bofoy(m): 3:34pm On May 24, 2015
aresa:

Sadly, this is what you get when governments fails to invest in the people to get them to the next level where they are able to even patronize the ego projects on the ground like hotels, mall and still unused football field.
What is wrong with these CREATURE for God sake, are u frm Aks ? go back to ur cocoyam farm it planting season

Nursing school was shut down by the FG for poor facilities while this man spent billions on a stadium that is now dormant and unused, not a single soccer game or event since commissioning.

The stadium generates zero employment and the people of Akwa Ibom haven't' made 1 kobo off that stadium. This is the true definition of White Elephant..

No water works

The poor people of Akwa Ibom paid to build the cinema and are still paying today because the thoughtless man is subsidizing movie tickets with their money just to show patronage.. It's called double jeopardy...

This mall is another white elephant since the local economy is not strong to support patronage and functionality and the general population doesn't have the buying power.

When private entities sees opportunity to make money based on available local buying power and disposable funds, they'll show up to invest in hotels and all the other stuff this man is spending the people's money on, but they are not showing up to invest simply because the money is not there, the local IGR comes from Oil comps and not from general business activities..

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by bofoy(m): 3:37pm On May 24, 2015
aresa:

No water works

back to ur cocoyam farm son it planting season
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by texanomaly(f): 10:23pm On May 24, 2015
With the economy the way it is in Nigeria right now, who will be able to afford to shop at this mall?
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 24, 2015
Seanixking:
yes, Am In Cali
Ok...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Six Campaign Promises Buhari Will Never Fulfill - Opinion / Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave - Nigeriantimes / Kolade Akinjo: Appeal Court Upturns Tribunal’s Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.