Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) (55271 Views)

EFCC Seals Unoma Akpabio's School In Uyo. Photos / Gov.akpabio Opens The Ibom Tropicana Shopping Complex (pictures) / Akpabio Opens The Abak River Bridge Constructed By Julius Berger Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by HzRF(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2015
prettyrosiemua:
A friend from akwaibom once said Akpabio is the only thief that worked in Nigeria. He stole billions but compensated the citizens by carrying out projects in akwaibom.
Same here tho mine lived there b4 returning to this desert called osun
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by U2ice(m): 2:56pm On May 23, 2015
peleson:
Abia state should stone that useless ta orji. And fashoa should explain why lagos has the highest state depth in africa and where 1.3Triion Naira each year generated In lagos goes to for 8years

I swear...dt orji ehn

Ikorodu develop pass umuahia

1 Like

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by nsyforreal: 2:57pm On May 23, 2015
adanny01:
This mall isnt finished, i wonder why the craze in commissioning. The Samsung showroom banner is a disgrace to the mall itself.

In one of the pics i can see a roller compactor on an access road that looks freshly worked and far from completion.

The movie theatre is a place i have watched movies uncountable times but this mall isnt completed for commissioning. I still agree its a beautiful place even though much is need to out it to use.

akpabio. God bless you for making akwaibomites proud.

Countless projects.
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by HzRF(m): 2:58pm On May 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

First time we dhe agree on same tin
All still boils down to d fact dat apc used propaganda to poison d hart of nigerians
Only time will tell, if d "change" is real
real?
Expect in selling propaganda, innuendos, rumors, half truth-value lies, outright lies
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by omooba969(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2015
themodernman:

165 projects counting. This man is likely a man of his word...he wants to leave office in grand style...sharp man...

Akwa-ibom Ayaya! Akwa-ibom here I come!!

Another ignorant Akwa-ibomite.

1 Like

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by 1stola: 3:00pm On May 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

is dat ya fatherz pet name undecided?
No.
It's the name your grandfather was bearing before your father inherited it and now you.
What a cool name for a tripe like you cool
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by philips70(m): 3:00pm On May 23, 2015
HzRF:

My bro they do dupe us
Nd we are used to it
Goto dubai and see hw magnificent building cost,

Here in osun 10km of roads cost N1bn

If we must progress this has got to stop in one way or the other. Whether in APC or PDP states. Can you imagine how Nigeria's economy would have been like if we can generate half of the 40,000MW of electricity SA generates? The monies spent on power since 1999 will give any serious country that amount of power but here we are talking about 1.3GW of electricity. It's shameful hearing that word Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa when it's been powered by generating sets.

2 Likes

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 23, 2015
Chai. Naija. Where opening of shopping malls is a great public sector achievement. Please let's get the fundamentals right first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by OduaVanguard: 3:01pm On May 23, 2015
Beautiful!! I hope it won't become another Tinapa though, with empty shop spaces.
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 23, 2015
Akpaio is a legend, I just wish the man will be the president of Nigeria one day.
Kudos to our our Akwa-Ibom brothers and sister, they are very lucky to have such a great man as their governors.
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by 2sex(m): 3:02pm On May 23, 2015
7footre:
I need to visit Akwa ibom and see things..... this my state don tire me
bros, you may curse your governor when you what Akpabio has done for his people. That guy is damn rare in the in history of Nigeria's governance.
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by nonaira: 3:03pm On May 23, 2015
This is the only Governor I know that is actually working without making noise.

See a true politicians, not like that Okorocha, Fashola, Amaechi, etc.

Kudos to Akpabio. Continue the good work sir

2 Likes

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by themodernman: 3:03pm On May 23, 2015
omooba969:

Another ignorant Akwa-ibomite.

Calling a man from the Northcentral you know nothing about an Akwaibomite shows how faulty your thought processing is undecided
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by gatiano(m): 3:05pm On May 23, 2015
I did not say that He can't build it, If he can, then it would be private (his company), so are all the hotels, they are privately held company or businesses. You can go to the hotels then and stay for free, or pick something from the mall for free.
If I open or launch a business, I use an influential personality to launch or open it, I can even make believe that an influential person (politicians, actors comedians etc) owns it. It drives up sales. People naturally love to step in places bigger people have stepped into(what a foo lish world).

HzRF:

And who told u he can't build it
D hotel is building somewhere is nt his project,?
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by mobaking: 3:06pm On May 23, 2015
Flets:
The Lower Niger just missed a massive opportunity by a hair strand.

Uyo has been upgraded and positioned the next economic hub in West Africa. Akpabio succeded in putting up all major infrastructures required for a thriving metropolis..... and just one more thing was required......... sign the Ibaka seaport project and concession and Akwaibom would have taken Africa by storm.

GEJ was playing it cool not to offend the south west who believes the port business is their resource. He was just waiting to get back in 2nd term to kick start the project. The south west and North saw this and had to fight as hard as they could.

However common sense can only be delayed and not denied.
Why does Nigeria despite having over 700km coastline still operate only one Port only in the Lagos the south west?

Why was Atiku allowed a concession on Intels port in rivers state with import rates way higher than Lagos and only economical for oil and gas businesses?

Why has NPA refused to renew the dredging contracts for the ports in delta and crossriver state?

Why was a yoruba man few weeks back complaining that the NPA chairman position was the birthright of the southwest.

Nigeria remains a zoo and cesspit. Just because of the interest of a few yorubas, the economic potentials of a region is sidelined against common sense..... which will also help decongest lagos.

Some day that port will ressurect and population of lagos will be halved.
How many ships can get to ur Ibaka and other ports in one piece without the crew being kidnapped or robbed?.U need to change ur attitude to investors and make ur region investor friendly.

3 Likes

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by koolguy88(m): 3:07pm On May 23, 2015
this Governor is a real business man...
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Blizzy9ja: 3:07pm On May 23, 2015
adanny01:
This mall isnt finished, i wonder why the craze in commissioning. The Samsung showroom banner is a disgrace to the mall itself.

In one of the pics i can see a roller compactor on an access road that looks freshly worked and far from completion.

The movie theatre is a place i have watched movies uncountable times but this mall isnt completed for commissioning. I still agree its a beautiful place even though much is need to out it to use.
Some of you just hide behind your cheap android phones here with borrowed data to type gibberish... Wats wrong wit d showroom banner and is it a crime to have a roller compactor in a newly completed construction site?

2 Likes

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by HzRF(m): 3:09pm On May 23, 2015
gatiano:
I did not say that He can't build it, If he can, then it would be private (his company), so are all the hotels, they are privately held company or businesses. You can go to the hotels then and stay for free, or pick something from the mall for free.
If I open or launch a business, I use an influential personality to launch or open it, I can even make believe that an influential person (politicians, actors comedians etc) owns it. It drives up sales. People naturally love to step in places bigger people have stepped into(what a foo lish world).

Well am nt an akwa ibom mite
D only thing i knw this can serve is revenue

1 Like

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 23, 2015
kenedy175:
This is beautiful. He just keep surprising us with his works. Akwaibom is soon coming a tourist attraction. How I wish more states could use their wealth Wisley like this .

other States should use their wealth wisely

I come from Enugu and our 2015 budget is 93 billion naira...

Akwaibom state budget for 2015 is 462 billion naira...

That's 370 billion dollars more than my state n u expect us to use our wealth wisely!!!

What's happening in Akwaibom ain't magic or hard work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by HzRF(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2015
philips70:

If we must progress this has got to stop in one way or the other. Whether in APC or PDP states. Can you imagine how Nigeria's economy would have been like if we can generate half of the 40,000MW of electricity SA generates? The monies spent on power since 1999 will give any serious country that amount of power but here we are talking about 1.3GW of electricity. It's shameful hearing that word Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa when it's been powered by generating sets.
I hope things Change

U can imagine USA news
breaking news

2 hrs black out in Washington DC
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by nigerianvenom(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2015
Abagworo:
This has been there since 2012 or 2011. The commissioning is unnecessary waste of fund.

U maybe a foo. L without knowing
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by wummyanthoy: 3:13pm On May 23, 2015
Million or billion , tnk God u knw it will worth billion n d mall his not his asset na Akwa-ibom pple get am kudos 2 u o, no state Govnr has done wat this man has done ! May u live Long Gov Akpabio !
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by scachy(m): 3:14pm On May 23, 2015
peleson:
Abia state should stone that useless ta orji. And fashoa should explain why lagos has the highest state depth in africa and where 1.3Triion Naira each year generated In lagos goes to for 8years
It's not funny my brother but I had to to laugh. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Plus234(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2015
sholatech:
This complex will be in billions. Maybe the paper meant 3b Naira instead of 300m Naira. Some Journalists not good with figures!
have you seen N300m before ? or are u among those that use mouth to put fish in a soup, i hope i got the proverb correct , lol

300m is a big money and can build this mall more than 1
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Hemanwel(m): 3:20pm On May 23, 2015
SkyBlue1:

Abians returned PDP into power after complaining about how utterly terrible Orji was, I have absolutrly no sympathy for them.
Is Akpabio not in PDP??What's your point,man?
It's not about the party,it's about the individual.Abians no better who they voted.If after 4 yrs he disappoints them,their PVCs will be the decider.
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by gatiano(m): 3:20pm On May 23, 2015
It would bring in revenue, but most of it to the private owner and taxes to the govt. And that money in taxes won't be mathematically balanced to be used on people, even if corrupted officials don't swindle it. Such money would be used to develop the surroundings of the mall. The only thing that seems to be beneficial is that the mall will employ people, 120 staffs, while 5000 people loose their small businesses and their livelihood.

In a country such as Nigeria, whose population is very high and growing at a fast rate, small businesses should seriously be encouraged and big businesses should allow a lot of partnership especially the foreign companies.
HzRF:

Well am nt an akwa ibom mite
D only thing i knw this can serve is revenue
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 23, 2015
The same Akwaibom that is said by The Nation to be pending in payment of salaries?
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Icekyng: 3:23pm On May 23, 2015
ROSSIKE:
How can that complex be only N300 million? Illiterate journalism.
Godbless u
I was wondering too
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by nonaira: 3:24pm On May 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:
Beautiful!! I hope it won't become another Tinapa though, with empty shop spaces.

See them. Jealousy!! tongue

Continue drinking your hatorade. It's expected.
Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by Flets: 3:26pm On May 23, 2015
mobaking:
How many ships can get to ur Ibaka and other ports in one piece without the crew being kidnapped or robbed?.U need to change ur attitude to investors and make ur region investor friendly.

Lame excuses

The crude tankers that are all over Niger delta waters loading and exporting crude have all been kidnapped.

For your info, At any given time a minimum of 5 crude tankers are docked by a loading buoy in the Niger delta. So find another excuse.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tropicana Shopping Mall: Akpabio Opens N300 Million Facility In Uyo (photos) by OduaVanguard: 3:34pm On May 23, 2015
nonaira:

See them. Jealousy!! tongue

Continue drinking your hatorade. It's expected.

OneNaira, whish one consign you? Hater! At least I said it's beautiful. Go find work do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out / Soldiers Pose With Dead Bodies Of Boko Haram Members After Attack In Sambisa / APC Governors Swoop On Jonathan Ahead Of 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.