Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers (29166 Views)

Kachikwu, Others Worry As Fuel Marketers Halt Importation / Marketers Plan To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by zanga420: 7:17am On May 24, 2015
phonneh:

Yes o, fools! They did occupy lagos with all their heart just because the preferred the short term benefits. Now the long term benefit is here, embrace it. You can't eat you cake and have it back...
its a pity tribal bigotry n sentiments keep on destroying us. Truth be said, subsidy removal was prompted by sabotage, when btw 2009-2011 the subsidy amount trippled, then the masses fell for the propaganda by protesting, which put pressure on the govt. The marketers thing is simple, keep on bringing confusion by always inflating prices, when govt disagree with ur inflated prices u shut down, thereby setting the masses with the govt.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by kwiin: 7:18am On May 24, 2015
onatisi:
because buhari has refineries in daura abi? Or he has 1trillion naira to import fuel,abi Don't worry ur eyes go soon clear.
Tinubu's Oando alone can import for the whole country until GMB completes the repairs of old refineries. Take note, Oando refinery will be one of the first to be ready. Na dem get the economy now, they are preparing ground for technical arrangements, seamless solutions, sai baba big and baba small!
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by onatisi(m): 7:19am On May 24, 2015
IamThrive:
My question now is:

1. Why did the Federal government recruit a particular group of people to import fuel and claimed to pay them 'subsidy' when there is a ministry of Petroleum they could have used its staff to execute this needful duty they owe Nigerians as they are now suffering for oil they are blessed with and daily news announcing number of barrels being stolen since 1999 till date?
I think obj will have the answer to this question. When gej came on board ,he met a system of corruption in the form of oil subsidy payment. Obj never allowed nigerians to know the truth about all these fraudulent payments .it was gej that opened it all to nigerians and wanted to stop it once and for all,but these same oil marketers sponsored the opposition to reject gej option of stopping the payments . Nigerians been gullible as they are swallowed everything negative they were been told about gej decision instead of critically looking at the positive side of it. Nigeria would have passed this stage ,private refineries would have sprang up and the price of fuel would be affordable because everyone will be selling at a competitive price .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by hadura29(m): 7:19am On May 24, 2015
coolhamid:
Upgrade them to maximum capacity....

Now you are talking, what you're supposed to mention first is what you just mentioned. Let's go off subsidy for few months, then he should redirect the money to upgrading the facilities we have on ground.

But I just pray those powerful cabals we have that has various refinery outside won't hinder him.

God bless Nigeria
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by tonychristopher: 7:19am On May 24, 2015
They should close shop

Idiots
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by fckmn24seg(m): 7:22am On May 24, 2015
phonneh:

Yes o, fools! They did occupy lagos with all their heart just because the preferred the short term benefits. Now the long term benefit is here, embrace it. You can't eat you cake and have it back...

Ode ido!!!

Where is the money realized from the partial removal of the subsidy? Amidst a price gain from crude oil in d world market
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by onatisi(m): 7:22am On May 24, 2015
kwiin:
Tinubu's Oando alone can import for the whole country until GMB completes the repairs of old refineries. Take note, Oando refinery will be one of the first to be ready. Na dem get the economy now, they are preparing ground for technical arrangements, seamless solutions, sai baba big and baba small!
tinubu again!!!!!!! Why don't u just sell the whole nigeria and everyone in it to tinubu ?
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by CaptainJune: 7:23am On May 24, 2015
Like I always say, Jonathan has failed the country miserably. Now everything is grinding to a halt:

power supply
fuel supply
businesses
water supply
land and air transportation and
radio stations.

Next to follow naturally are:

telecommunication
television stations
schools, colleges and universities (education in general)
social life
religious life
economic life
Life in general... all grinding to a halt.

Jonathan did not make this country bad; he only made it worse and unbearable. See his parting gift to Nigerians.

Soon, we will start carving our basic necessities out of stones and trees.

So this is what it feels like to live in the Stone Age. Stone Age sucks.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Raziii(m): 7:23am On May 24, 2015
Jonathan is a coward!!! Y not man up and dispute the election result... Y not show us u really angry u lost the election instead of this... Making us go through this hardship cus we voted your ineffective ass out!!!
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Reference(m): 7:23am On May 24, 2015
hucienda:
So why were people protesting back in 2012? Their eyes finally 'open' to the truth?

We now see for a fact that this subsidy may hold the fort for the short term but is definitely not sustainable long term.

We need working refineries in-country.

Even if you have a hundred refineries working if you sell below international rates as we are paying now, the cheap fuel will simply find its way to international markets and we will end up subsidizing the world a.k.a throwing our resources away. And by the way it will still be scarce at home. We will remain as thin and haggard as subsistence farmers who cannot afford to eat their produce.

The decision of the out-going government to indirectly force the subsidy issue to the front burner is a commendable one. The government has no beauty contest left to attend. It can say it as it is. This rot called subsidy just has to stop. The public must realise it is short-changing itself and right pricing is the only way to slow the bleeding of the nation's treasury. We must understand that in times of lack whether on a personal or national level you don't pamper yourself with excesses, you work hard, make sacrifices and most importantly drop bad habits of which the fuel subsidy regime is perhaps the worst.

6 Likes

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by hansad: 7:24am On May 24, 2015
And when knowledgeable people suggest to restructure Nigeria politically in a democracy for equitable political representation to enable the emergence of quality leadership - or return to fiscal federalism - the north refuses fiscal federalism which may reduce its oil earnings, the SW and north refuse political restructuring because they believe it may give people of southsouth and southeast equal rights to the rest of Nigeria.

So the sufferings from leadership failure continue in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by zanga420: 7:28am On May 24, 2015
zaragoza:
Weren't past administrations paying subsidy? why is it an issue with this present government?
sabotage. Subsidy skyrocketed btw 2009-2011. Presently marketers inflate price which brings about argument. Marketer claims different amount, govt claims different amount= crisis
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by deb(m): 7:31am On May 24, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

I bet you are one of those that protested against subsidy removal.

Thunder fire your mouth there.

Shame don finish for your body patapata. You dey import product wey una they sell. Why u no fit work on refining it? The fight against subsidy removal is all about getting refineries to work instead of feasting on the general public out of greed.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by smoothlips(m): 7:35am On May 24, 2015
mohisi:
oga jona watin we do u we vote u out becos u no fit rule us with ur clubless brian,help us settle with this marketer make they bring feul 4 us b/4 u live office
It is clue...repeat after me "clueless" and it is called "fuel" say it "fuel" not clubless and feul
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by BlackHuman(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2015
Perhaps, there are ways one could produce fuel with non-crudeoil organic products- Say, urine or Vegetable or palm oil.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by FitnessNigeria: 7:38am On May 24, 2015
buzquet:
I bought 30ltrs of fuel yestaday for 13k!!!!!!!! Na thunder go fire Jonathan n his crew in Jesus name!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked

When you protested against removal of subsidy, what were you thinking?

Typical Nigerian who doesn't care about the future rather they choose to enjoy now and suffer later.

If subsidy was removed back then because GEJ saw the future and knew that Nigeria won't maintain the subsidy payment, maybe fuel won't have sold more than N110 without subsidy and we would have fuel in abundance.

All of una wey protest against removal of subsidy, the thunder wey go fire una nyash still the do press up
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by deb(m): 7:38am On May 24, 2015
phonneh:

If your thinking cannot comprehend the fact that you are not supposed to be importing the fuel that you produce in the first place, I wonder which part of the world should I ensure your brain destruction because tiny brains like yours need demolishing out of our nation so that we can have responsible leadership that will be committed to rebuilding the refineries. They make it seem like resuscitating refineries or building a fresh one is such a big deal while we even have some local people in the delta who have created their own oil refiners on a small scale.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by otedola1(m): 7:40am On May 24, 2015
Lol

buzquet:
I bought 30ltrs of fuel yestaday for 13k!!!!!!!! Na thunder go fire Jonathan n his crew in Jesus name!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by onatisi(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2015
deb:

If your thinking cannot comprehend the fact that you are not supposed to be importing the fuel that you produce in the first place, I wonder which part of the world should I ensure your brain destruction because tiny brains like yours need demolishing out of our nation so that we can have responsible leadership that will be committed to rebuilding the refineries. They make it seem like resuscitating refineries or building a fresh one is such a big deal while we even have some local people in the delta who have created their own oil refiners on a small scale.
u are the one who isn't in tune with modern day events . Even buhari will not repair those refineries . The refineries will be sold to private investors and oil subsidy payments will be removed . This is exactly the same thing gej wanted to do in 2012. No sensible normal thinking president will spend scarce resources on those refineries u are talking about.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by BlackHuman(m): 7:45am On May 24, 2015
The country has crude-Oil but there's fuel scarcity, unbelievable,- like there's snow in antartica but the temperture is very hot.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Horlufemi(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2015
a Maize farmer harvested hectares of maize and sold all his harvest.

He then went to the market to buy pap(ogi), corn flakes, boiled corn and roasted corn to feed his family.

That is quintessential foolishness.

That is the case of Nigeria. The farmer is Nigeria, the maize is crude oil.

We are in trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by hansad: 7:47am On May 24, 2015
deb:

Shame don finish for your body patapata. You dey import product wey una they sell. Why u no fit work on refining it? The fight against subsidy removal is all about getting refineries to work instead of feasting on the general public out of greed.

You must have believed that past leaders, except Buhari, did not know the importance of having functional refineries.
And which Oyibo go agree to come to Nigeria to repair the refineries in the midst of Boko Haram attacks? Only fake Oyibo engineer.

Even before Boko Haram attacks, few honest Oyibo engineers would want to come to Nigeria to do work, because they usually had more attractive offers elsewhere.

I pray we get a miracle to get crude completely refined in Nigeria for domestic use. But thinking that mid-70s old Buhari will do the miracle does not fit.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by staymore: 7:52am On May 24, 2015
Omokaysmith:
I wonder why there's no nationwide protest against this self inflicted fuel scarcity we are suffering
Or are we all enjoying this unwarranted hardship
It's a disgrace that the so called self acclaimed largest economy in Africa (a oil producing nation) is still importing fuel 16 years into democracy.....

I feel sad knowing fully well that for every hardship we go through there are fellow Nigerians who are beneficiary of the system...

My government fails to generate power for me n even if I choose to use my own personal money to generate power for myself (via generator) I Still can't...

Shame on pdp for their failure of governance

Your comment was reasonable untill the last sentence.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by hoodboy(m): 7:52am On May 24, 2015
fuel subsidy is about the only social welfare the government gives the people, my grouse with Pres. Jonathan as regards the fuel subsidy stems from what the situation was before he took over. How much did the country pay as subsidy claims during Yar'adua's Era, a president that had even reduced the pump price he had inherited and yet there were no fuel queues or subsidy issues. Then comes jonathan and all of a sudden subsidy claims under his government triples.. Every sane person should want to know why, are we that dumb that we cannot question this anomaly and all you can scream is "remove subsidy!!"

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by bornmekus: 7:53am On May 24, 2015
When will Nigerians stand up to say No to corruption?
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Reference(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2015
coolzeal:
Isn't it insane that Nigeria cannot refine its crude oil after decades of discovery? This is madness.

The reason we cannot refine our crude is simple, we expect to pay less than what it is worth. In any system, when you attempt to get out more than you put in you kill it eventually. We didn't realise this in the seventies and eighties when we had a population of 70 million and 5 to 10million cars on the road and 2 million generating sets. Today this demand has doubled and in some cases quadroupled partly because the price of fuel has remained low, almost static (in dollar terms) while the price of crude has spiked to unprecedented levels severally over the years. What Nigerians have been enjoying is having our cake and eating it.

You simply cannot seek the benefits of high oil prices and low fuel prices at the same time. That is cheating nature and is bound to backfire sooner than later.

Who do you cheat as a yam farmer if the prices of yam goes high in the market and you are just eating the yams anyhow at home. No one but yourself. That is the history of Nigeria, a waster of her resources. That is why when it rains in this country, it pours. The gains of years of high crude prices have been thrown away. Now our lazy backsides cannot adjust to the realities that yams are no longer trending. Irresponsible people. And irresponsibility is the number one vector for poverty.

Good thing Buhari is a man that will say it as it is. He only needs sound advice.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by hardbody: 7:55am On May 24, 2015
DollyParton1:
Nigeria has gotta be in its worst state now. Everything and everywhere is shutting down. No fuel, no electricity, and no salaries in most states.
Jonathan has decided to wage economic war instead of Violence.

And some people still think he is clueless
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by anonimi: 7:57am On May 24, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:
I am ready to buy fuel initially at 150 naira per liter for this subsidy to go far, far away.

Infact, up it to 180 per liter with no scarcity ever again in the history of the country and I'll pay. At least we could still be productive and ration things out.

With subsidy removed though, I don't even think prices will get that high.

Bottom line, remove subsidy NOW!!

No more this person is owing that to this person, nmba, no!

Just import the fuel and we will pay full price untill the refineries start working abeg, too much shakara, mtcheww!

When Jonathan in his WISDOM decided to remove the subsidy in January 2012 only 7 months after he was voted in as president, to stop the SCAM, what did we say

By now we would have forgotten the initial price hike like it was for mobile phones, Sim cards & airtime in 2001, as competitors import more fuel freely and the smarter ones set up refineries!

The ghost of our foolishness will haunt us for long.

A people that cannot endure and sacrifice for a while will forever live in bondage!
QED!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Obijulius: 7:58am On May 24, 2015
Dreamer alert!!!!

I'm sure you have prepared your excuses in case he fails-typical APC.

I still ask what happened to the so-called fear of Buhari. Any small progress then you guys will claim its the fear of Buhari.

We don't want to wait till the old man gets there before the change starts.

Let him use his magic wand to change things now.

Running to London for health checks because no APC governor was able to build a world class hospital and you expect the olodo to change things.

OrlandoOwoh:
GEJ will end up making Buhari a hero. Baba is going to address the problem in his first week as President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by dabigwalls: 7:59am On May 24, 2015
onatisi:
leave dem ,dem neva see anything. The pains they refused and rejected in 2012 is the pains they are going to experience by fire by force now with even harsher conditions. If gej had removed the subsidy then,buhari won't face the problem of maketers now and nor will he face the issue of fuel scarcity and subsidy. The whole system would have normalised itself and most likely gej would still have lost the elections still .

The last part of your comment strikes gold. Valid, valid submission!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by revolt(m): 8:01am On May 24, 2015
PLEASE IF YOU WERE A MEMBER OF THE OCCUPY OJOTA CREW, THEN THUNDER FIRE YOU HERE. WHEN LONE WISE VOICES LIKE ME WERE SUPPORTING THE SUBSIDY REMOVAL, PPL CALLED ME NAMES. LETS ENJOY SUBSIDY. IVE SAID IT OVER N OVER AGAIN 98% OF NIGERIANS CANNOT THINK RATIONALLY, IRRELEVANT SENTIMENTS BECLOUDS THEIR JUDGMENTS.

LOOK HOW THEYRE SHOUTING CHANGE. WHEN US HAS STOPPED BUYING OUR OIL...IM WATCHING THE MAGIC....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Obijulius: 8:04am On May 24, 2015
Which country?

Please Niger Delta has crude oil. Not Nigeria.

The earlier we came to this realization the better for us.

If having oil should lead to abundance then the Niger Delta should be far above every other region. But our collective greed has caused us to ignore the goose that lays the one and only golden egg.

May God bless every effort to disintegrate Nigeria.

BlackHuman:
The country has crude-Oil but there's fuel scarcity, unbelievable,- like there's snow in antartica but the temperture is very hot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lawan, Yahaya Bello, Zulum Asked To Support Osinbajo In 2023 / Sanwo-olu Commissions Oba Sekumade Concrere Road In Ikorodu / Igbo Leaders Visit To Gani Adams, OPC Leader, Sparks Outrage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.