Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,174 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers (29154 Views)

Kachikwu, Others Worry As Fuel Marketers Halt Importation / Marketers Plan To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Nobody: 9:29am On May 24, 2015
chillex8:

Point noted. Did we allow them? NO.

Check to see the projects financed by SURE.P.

Buhari will remove subsidy instantly and I will see what Nigerians have to say.

Buhari dare not touch subsidy ooo. If you are sampling opinion, tell your masters that Nigerians refuse, completely, totally and absolutely. "As an oil producing country we are supposed to buy fuel at N45", this was what APC (ACN/CPC), Bakare, Tam David West, Fashola, Oshomole, etc told us in 2012. We have not forgotten.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by juman(m): 9:34am On May 24, 2015
chinnyonwu:

ok bro.. juxtapose both scenarios.
one we bought fuel for 67n a litre and had occasional fuel scarcity. the other we bort at 97-105n and ran into fairly occasional fuel scarcity. which makes more sense?

subsidy is a scam. yes, but to who? We protested cos we know 9ja. GEJ claimed the savings from subsidy would be used to turn 9ja to Eldorado but we protested cos we knew its all hogwash. the savings will still be embezzled.

ok, after a couple of years of saving on partial removal where is your country now in 2015.? where's at least the partial "development" we shouldve seen by now?

Subsidy amount per year increased because the fuel is more available than before, hence more subsidy to pay to the importers. But I agree that his government is highly corrupt and eating the nation's money from bogus subsidy thing. The kerosene subsidy is complete stealing of money.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by revolt(m): 9:43am On May 24, 2015
chinnyonwu:

ok bro.. juxtapose both scenarios.
one we bought fuel for 67n a litre and had occasional fuel scarcity. the other we bort at 97-105n and ran into fairly occasional fuel scarcity. which makes more sense?

subsidy is a scam. yes, but to who? We protested cos we know 9ja. GEJ claimed the savings from subsidy would be used to turn 9ja to Eldorado but we protested cos we knew its all hogwash. the savings will still be embezzled.

ok, after a couple of years of saving on partial removal where is your country now in 2015.? where's at least the partial "development" we shouldve seen by now?
NA WA O. EDUCATE YOURSELF DUDE. ITS EVEN SHAMEFUL U WERE PART OF THE OCCUPY OJOTA JAMBOREE. NOW even if embezzles a kobo from our coffers, our reserves will still be depleted...COS govt recurrent expenduture is more than how much it generates( bearing in mind our sole source of revenue has been cutoff). im almost sure u dnt knw wht recurrent expenditure is so ill explain. SENATORS salary package, a useless non profit gigantic civil service in federal nd state level, pensioners dating far back as the 1970s, note all these ppl do not or hve nvr contributed a kobo to nigeria. If govt removed the subsidy our banks are super willing to provide loans for importation for those interested and funds for the refnery investors. bottomline is the subsidy must go , evn buhari tht was tlkn rubbish in 2012 knws hes got to remove it. SO PPL LIKE U JUST WASTED THE WHOLE NATIONS TIME BY PULLING US BACKWARDS WITH UR SENTIMEBTAL OCCUPY OJOTA. U SHLD B HIDING.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by ojimbo(m): 9:50am On May 24, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:
I am ready to buy fuel initially at 150 naira per liter for this subsidy to go far, far away.

Infact, up it to 180 per liter with no scarcity ever again in the history of the country and I'll pay. At least we could still be productive and ration things out.

With subsidy removed though, I don't even think prices will get that high.

Bottom line, remove subsidy NOW!!

No more this person is owing that to this person, nmba, no!

Just import the fuel and we will pay full price untill the refineries start working abeg, too much shakara, mtcheww!
you guys will later appologise to GEJ, this was why those useless idiots persuaded us to go for protest on fuel subsidy removal
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Horlufemi(m): 9:51am On May 24, 2015
Reference:

That is not foolishness, it is wisdom. You are the one who needs wisdom. This line of jaundiced thought is so typical of Nigerians with their 'entitlement' mentality that robs them of the attitude of responsibility necessary for development. You my friend are not a farmer nor have the attitude of a farmer or businessman.

When you start your business kindly do not pay market prices for the goods and services you consume from your enterprise and let's see whether you will not end up like Nigeria. Reprobate people. The US is the largest producer of wheat. They formed the NewYork and Chicago mercantile exchanges which essentially sets the world prices of wheat and other essentials meaning the average US farmer knows that he gets international prices for his wheat and the US Confec. Industry buys there. Americans pay for American produced commodities at international prices. It is the producers that are incentified to produce more. Consumers are taxed upon the 'real' prices they pay. That is how to develop. So go farming the right way pal.

Shell's refineries in the US buy crude at international prices even though the US is the second biggest producer of crude. Why don't they subsidize. Black man and his ways. Chop, clean mouth and blame everyone else for tomorrow's poverty. Bloody entitlementists.

don't get me wrong. and I work hard to provide for myself and family. what happens in Nigeria is not my business and I have never been entitled to anything. but is too wrong to ask for energy to run the country and peoples businesses.

assuming there is electricity if they like sell all the crude, no problem but it will be cheaper to refine the crude your citizens will use by the internal refineries. instead of being held to ransome by the marketers.

many businesses in Nigeria run on electricity or fuel in whatever form. In absence of both what would the citizens do? Over to you
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by revolt(m): 9:53am On May 24, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Bloody lies.... is it 500 Naira per liter now??, Dont call that Name " JESUS" in vain..... Oil marketers are mostly Yorubas and hausas and you are holding Goodluck responsible, if they know they are doing clean and true business why are they afraid of subsidy removal, they will bring empty Tanker and connive with their cohorts to get paid by federal government.
I SWEAR THEYLL ALL DIE BY BOMBING.....FUEL SUBSIDY MARKETERS IE OTEDOLA, Tinubu, ADENUGA, UBA, EVERYBODY THT OCCUPIED OJOTA IN 2012 they r the ones we need to purge out of the blackrace. theyre the reason were suffern now.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by ojimbo(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2015
buzquet:
I bought 30ltrs of fuel yestaday for 13k!!!!!!!! Na thunder go fire Jonathan n his crew in Jesus name!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked
concluded it with his religious bigotry. '''in jesus name'''' this is why we refer to them as the most wicked human beings existing on earth
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by adconline(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2015
Reference:

That is not foolishness, it is wisdom. You are the one who needs wisdom. This line of jaundiced thought is so typical of Nigerians with their 'entitlement' mentality that robs them of the attitude of responsibility necessary for development. You my friend are not a farmer nor have the attitude of a farmer or businessman.

When you start your business kindly do not pay market prices for the goods and services you consume from your enterprise and let's see whether you will not end up like Nigeria. Reprobate people. The US is the largest producer of wheat. They formed the NewYork and Chicago mercantile exchanges which essentially sets the world prices of wheat and other essentials meaning the average US farmer knows that he gets international prices for his wheat and the US Confec. Industry buys there. Americans pay for American produced commodities at international prices. It is the producers that are incentified to produce more. Consumers are taxed upon the 'real' prices they pay. That is how to develop. So go farming the right way pal.

Shell's refineries in the US buy crude at international prices even though the US is the second biggest producer of crude. Why don't they subsidize. Black man and his ways. Chop, clean mouth and blame everyone else for tomorrow's poverty. Bloody entitlementists.
But New York Mercantile Ex. sets the price for crude oil prices and future. How come we are not buying Cars, IPhones, Caterpillar, computers, Electronics at a globally set price run by cartel?? It would be nice to pay NYC price for cars in Naija. BTW, Buses and trains in Chicago and NYC are heavily subsidized- in Chicago u can ride all day for less than $3-N600-.. US farmers are subsidized almost 50% US cotton is cheaper than cotton produced in Mali because of govt subsidy!
BTW, these so-called subsidies had been appropriated in 2014 budget, FG should pay up.
What happened to the money FG saved from partial removal of subsidy How Nigerians are paying more now even that crude oil price is less than $60 than they did when it was $120??
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by ojimbo(m): 9:57am On May 24, 2015
zaragoza:
Weren't past administrations paying subsidy? why is it an issue with this present government?
fool
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by ojimbo(m): 10:00am On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
GEJ will end up making Buhari a hero. Baba is going to address the problem in his first week as President.
are you a fool, we are looking for a solution to this subsidy fraud and you are here talking of incoming fraudsters
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by IcecoldDon: 10:04am On May 24, 2015
Reference:

Well said. I could remember trying to get the point across on this forum time and time again on the need to end this subsidy thing, few accepted. Three years and trillions down the drain, we are now wiser, better prepared and ready to let our pet sins go. What a pity. This is the same pity every well meaning foreigner I spoke to felt for this country then and I'm so certain now.

I keep on saying it, the biggest problem this country has, an anchor to its development, remains its people. All great nations are truly born in the crucibles of great suffering and immense tragedy. It was my conviction over a decade ago that any pacifist government was simply the enemy of the country and its people because Nigerians need a serious hard time to elevate our thinking. In this I commend the out-going government. NOI and SLS warned of all these things today and we still walked into the wall with our eyes wide open. What a reprobate people.

You keep saying this as though everybody then against subsidy removal were fools or didn't have tangible economic and historical reasons for being against the removal.
Partial removal was accomplished with promise of using it to resuscitate the refineries. Even an attempt of this would have been most welcome....yet nothing, not a single bloody thing was done for 6 years to put them back on stream.
we had high crude prices for over 2 years that could also have been pumped into maintaining the whole system was embezzled.
You heap the blame on the people for wanting to eat their cake and have it without taking into consideration the historical and acute lack of trust and accountability between them and their leaders who expect them to take hits for them without any proof that it would actually be worth it.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by chillex8(m): 10:06am On May 24, 2015
Xetima:

Buhari dare not touch subsidy ooo. If you are sampling opinion, tell your masters that Nigerians refuse, completely, totally and absolutely. "As an oil producing country we are supposed to buy fuel at N45", this was what APC (ACN/CPC), Bakare, Tam David West, Fashola, Oshomole, etc told us in 2012. We have not forgotten.

Stay there. You will trek even more.

Those names you quoted are living large, while you are suffering dark.

Subsidy must go.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by WOCKHARDI(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
buzquet:
I bought 30ltrs of fuel yestaday for 13k!!!!!!!! Na thunder go fire Jonathan n his crew in Jesus name!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked
For the 6+ years that Jonathan was in office, how much were you buying fuel? You voted for change ( for better for worse, courtesy Amaechi ) instead of transformation continuity. Blame yourself and your fellow bandwagon joiners. Wait until you don't even see fuel to buy. Then you'll offer a better and a more sober prayer......... IJN
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by osazemonday: 10:17am On May 24, 2015
What a state!
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Ancientx(m): 10:20am On May 24, 2015
Only fools will not blame the current government.. Subsidy or no subsidy.. They are owing and they should pay up.. The truth imo is that the present government is doing this purposely because to them they have nothing to lose any longer.. As if subsidy is a strange disease for naija.. Those idiots talking about when Gej wanted to remove it back in 2012 are just pure goats if they think oil price would normalize at 140 - 150 naira per litre.. We would have been buying it for 300 naira per liter by now except if no be naija we dey.. No price control at all.. Btw what happened to the funds from the Partial removal?.. That should have been used to gradually repair our refineries.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Crownvillar: 10:23am On May 24, 2015
hansad:
And when knowledgeable people suggest to restructure Nigeria politically in a democracy for equitable political representation to enable the emergence of quality leadership - or return to fiscal federalism - the north refuses fiscal federalism which may reduce its oil earnings, the SW and north refuse political restructuring because they believe it may give people of southsouth and southeast equal rights to the rest of Nigeria.

So the sufferings from leadership failure continue in Nigeria.

I could be wrong, but I thought the various groups that represented the SW at the National Confab over overwhelmingly voted for fiscal federalism. Before the elections, Yinka Odumakin who used to be Buhari's spokesman, stated that he would be voting for/supporting GEJ simply because the SW wants fiscal federalism. He went on to say that GEJ had promised to implement recommendations of the CONFAB if re-elected.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by ugoezeik(m): 10:36am On May 24, 2015
buzquet:
dats wia u miss it fool. wen d same jona tel una say subsidy must go wat did u n ur like do. by calling him unprinted names right? I wch dis fuel issue shud linger more
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by ugoezeik(m): 10:38am On May 24, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

I bet you are one of those that protested against subsidy removal.

Thunder fire your mouth there.
bro dnt mind d idiot. u rili gave him his size
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by chinnyonwu(m): 10:39am On May 24, 2015
revolt:
NA WA O. EDUCATE YOURSELF DUDE. ITS EVEN SHAMEFUL U WERE PART OF THE OCCUPY OJOTA JAMBOREE. NOW even if embezzles a kobo from our coffers, our reserves will still be depleted...COS govt recurrent expenduture is more than how much it generates( bearing in mind our sole source of revenue has been cutoff). im almost sure u dnt knw wht recurrent expenditure is so ill explain. SENATORS salary package, a useless non profit gigantic civil service in federal nd state level, pensioners dating far back as the 1970s, note all these ppl do not or hve nvr contributed a kobo to nigeria. If govt removed the subsidy our banks are super willing to provide loans for importation for those interested and funds for the refnery investors. bottomline is the subsidy must go , evn buhari tht was tlkn rubbish in 2012 knws hes got to remove it. SO PPL LIKE U JUST WASTED THE WHOLE NATIONS TIME BY PULLING US BACKWARDS WITH UR SENTIMEBTAL OCCUPY OJOTA. U SHLD B HIDING.
bro u are talking about banks providing loans.. when u have failed to answer the simple question. what development has been done since the subsidy was removed in part?

im not sure if u assimilate info thru ur arrse or ur p.enis but i clearly pointed out that the main issue for protesting against the removal of subsidy was that we believe that any savings from subsidy would still be looted. not as if we dont knw its a huge expense and eating deep in our country's coffers.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by cantell(m): 10:39am On May 24, 2015
omenka:
Nigeria's outgoing presidents and their parting gifts.

Such sore losers.
Sore losers? No be una dey dance during the time of fuel subsidy protest?
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by chinnyonwu(m): 10:40am On May 24, 2015
revolt:
WOW!!! SO DUMB POSTS LIKE THIS STILL exist, ie subsidy believers.......so hwmuch was a barrel o oil during obj tenure? 150$......plus US was buying cos of the gulf crises. NOW the US has stopped buying at 50$ even and ure comparing. OUR GOVT EXPENDITURE IS SATANICALLY EXPENSIVE. GOVT EVEN SUBSIDIZES SALARIES OF CIVIL SERVANTS. THAT DO NOT MAKE NY SINGLE PROFIT. GEEZ WHAT A COUNTRY.
oil was $150 during OBJ's tenure?
No nid to reply u any further man. no offense
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by chinnyonwu(m): 10:42am On May 24, 2015
samx4real:

Another yabaleft online! People are saying remove subsidy... You are still here assuming!

Now where is ur brain?
Can u answer the simple question u YabaRight patient? which people? is it not the same people that said not to remove it before?

because people are sayin so makes it right innit? illiterate dumbo
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Rexnegro(m): 10:43am On May 24, 2015
hydeka:
So you think God will answer that because He is your errand boy and He does not have more important prayers to attend to abi?This is the kind of prayer that God will give a 'back to sender reply' because He does not attend to this kind of prayer.
How u take no, se u be God P.A?
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by SleekyPosh(m): 10:46am On May 24, 2015
Solozzo:
The simple story is that Jonathan had spent all the money on the election campaign and no more money to pay marketers. They now blame it on subsidy issues. How do you expect supplies when you owing them. Secondly too many ghost suppliers collecting millions without supplying fuels.

Solution is not to remove subsidy but a complete probe of the PMS supply and payment systems; revoke lice ces and prosecute and clean up the supply line. Then get foreign firms to build and run refineries at least ten in the next 8 years. Only foreign firms please. Nigerian govt will fail to maintain them and we back to square one.
God Bless You
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by olaboy001(m): 10:47am On May 24, 2015
ONserious:
which village dis 1 from na...must u show yourself?
Whoo is this idiott?
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Crownvillar: 10:50am On May 24, 2015
onatisi:
I think obj will have the answer to this question. When gej came on board ,he met a system of corruption in the form of oil subsidy payment. Obj never allowed nigerians to know the truth about all these fraudulent payments .it was gej that opened it all to nigerians and wanted to stop it once and for all,but these same oil marketers sponsored the opposition to reject gej option of stopping the payments . Nigerians been gullible as they are swallowed everything negative they were been told about gej decision instead of critically looking at the positive side of it. Nigeria would have passed this stage ,private refineries would have sprang up and the price of fuel would be affordable because everyone will be selling at a competitive price .

@ Onatisi, Your analysis is interesting, but how would you answer the critics who say that diesel is not subsidized but is equally scarce. Agreed, GEJ wanted total subsidy removal but settled for partial removal due to the protests etc. The question remains, what did he achieve with the extra money from the partial removal? We must also remember that crude was selling at it highest price for most of GEJ's tenure i.e. $100+.

Finally, lets not forget that our poor neighbour, namely, Niger republic were able to build a refinery within 3 years during the self-same tenure of GEJ. To add insult to injury, Nigeria the GIANT of Africa sends crude oil to get refined in the Niger republic refinery.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by revolt(m): 11:10am On May 24, 2015
chinnyonwu:

oil was $150 during OBJ's tenure?
No nid to reply u any further man. no offense
a lil misquote doesnt change the facts, yes oil sold double the price we sell right now, objs tenure enjoyed international windfalls as a result of the invasion of iraq. stop being a tortoise. face it u guys occupied ojota n now its hitting us hard.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by buzquet(m): 11:13am On May 24, 2015
ugoezeik:
dats wia u miss it fool. wen d same jona tel una say subsidy must go wat did u n ur like do. by calling him unprinted names right? I wch dis fuel issue shud linger more
tru ur comment, I tink u love suffering n poverty. Smh 4 u
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by buzquet(m): 11:17am On May 24, 2015
WOCKHARDI:
[color=#006600][/color]
For the 6+ years that Jonathan was in office, how much were you buying fuel? You voted for change ( for better for worse, courtesy Amaechi ) instead of transformation continuity. Blame yourself and your fellow bandwagon joiners. Wait until you don't even see fuel to buy. Then you'll offer a better and a more sober prayer......... IJN
I belive u sat 4 ur waec n neco more dan once. As angel of change cum to power?
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by buzquet(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2015
gmyguy:
Thats a good deal...its 12k for 25 litres in V/I...where did you buy yours?
ikeja bro
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by buzquet(m): 11:19am On May 24, 2015
anytexy:
you are a dead man already. what do you know about subsidy? Ignoramus tout!
sorry dwag!!!!!!!!!! U wrote ur ssce exams more dan twice
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by buzquet(m): 11:21am On May 24, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Bloody lies.... is it 500 Naira per liter now??, Dont call that Name " JESUS" in vain..... Oil marketers are mostly Yorubas and hausas and you are holding Goodluck responsible, if they know they are doing clean and true business why are they afraid of subsidy removal, they will bring empty Tanker and connive with their cohorts to get paid by federal government.
lmaoooooo!!!!!!!! U deserve an award for ur ignorance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Governorship Election Would Be The Most Interesting In 2019? / Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 / Ondo State Assembly Passes Grazing Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.