Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

My Mother Or My Finace? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother Or My Finace? (1495 Views)

'How My Mother's Sister Has Been Molesting Me Sexually' / I Caught My Mother Having Sex With My Husband / Who Really Owns A Man? His Mother Or His Wife? Your View... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Or My Finace? by smsshola(m): 12:37am On May 25, 2015
Please I need a mature advice am really confuse as u can c I can't sleep because of d problem am going tru Btw my finance and my mother. Read my story and give ur advice:

I was born in a family of 5 my two sis, my mum and my dad..lost my dad few yrs ago so all ds while it has bn tru d struggle of my mum wt pain and hard labor she was able to c me tru uni days..

Today am working wt one of d oil company and relatively doing well and ok, though still praying fo better height. Now my problem start wen I brought a lady home fo my marriage and my mum opposed to d affairs wt reason she won't say;I also came wt anoda lady nd she said there is no way cos she has gone for prayer and dey told her it won't work.

The bone of contention is d current lady am dating;a lady dt we both love our selves and to be truthful to u guys she loves me more dn I do fo her and am also ready to settle down wt her;but after introducing her to my mum she said she wl go nd pray abt our future together as Hus and wify;she came back saying our early days together wl b okay but at old age we won't b compatible nd dt many dangers wl emerge.

Nairalander's am so confuse dt i don't kno what to do this state of mine led mi to ask one of my colleague out wh she consented and we av started dating,she even introduce me to her mum and her family I took a dangerous step and tell my mum abt her after two days she called me dt she has prayed and dt my colleague is my real wife...According to her d imam or pastor confirmed we ar okay to marry.

This her statement throw me into disarray cos the real lady dt love me wt all her might is not taking things lightly she is not ready to believe my mum tale dt we are not meant fo each other:while my colleague dt I just try my luck on her is now d one my mother is saying she is my wife even though she is not from my tribe,but d first one is from our tribe.

Nairalanders help me, wish shu I go for?Shu I neglect my mum advice and marry d lady dt loves me so much or I Shu leave her and marry my colleague based on my mother advice? Pls help a confuse fellow.
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by nairation: 12:39am On May 25, 2015
hmmmmm..

tough one... i know u cant just disrespect your mum after everything she has done...

so what is left for you to do is.. consult ur uncles or something..

let them talk to your mum and see her reasons...

All your mum is doin is what every mother does..Protect her child..but it doesnt mean she is always right though.

So. just consult ur uncles and let them talk to her...
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by neutrotoba(m): 12:40am On May 25, 2015
I believe happiness supercedes all other factors

If yhu wanna be happy, marry the one yhu love.

If ur mother wants ur happiness, she'd allow you to follow ur heart!!

I also believe prayers can change unfavorable conditions to favorable.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by hadura29(m): 12:45am On May 25, 2015
Stretching and learning smiley
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by italkpass(m): 12:47am On May 25, 2015
"The lady that loves me" Do you love her too? Sounds like you don't love her that much, If you love her enough to marry her, then you'll understand that your happiness is all that matters not what an Imam or pastor tells your mother.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by dulux07(m): 12:49am On May 25, 2015
Kneel n pray for urself, ur mum is not d one getting married, u r.

5 Likes

Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by smsshola(m): 12:52am On May 25, 2015
nairation:
hmmmmm..

tough one... i know u cant just disrespect your mum after everything she has done...

so what is left for you to do is.. consult ur uncles or something..

let them talk to your mum and see her reasons...

All your mum is doin is what every mother does..Protect her child..but it doesnt mean she is always right though.

So. just consult ur uncles and let them talk to her...

Thanks Broz but I av done that.
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by smsshola(m): 12:56am On May 25, 2015
italkpass:
"The lady that loves me" Do you love her too? Sounds like you don't love her that much, If you love her enough to marry her, then you'll understand that your happiness is all that matters not what an Imam or pastor tells your mother.

yes I do...but as we all kno challenges must com nd trials if I go ahead marry d lady I love and we started facing challenges of life don't u think my ppu we said dey warned me? This and more thought ar d nightmare dt i av bn facing.
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by Ay92(m): 12:58am On May 25, 2015
I actually have the same problem too and don't know what to do. My parents' over-dependence on these pastors really baffles me. If I leave this girl, she may even commit suicide because I'm like all she's got and she's also all I've got. But if I disobey my parents, won't I be sinning against God? And God forbid that I encounter a problem with her in the future, my parents will simply say they've warned me.
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by smsshola(m): 1:00am On May 25, 2015
Ay92:
I actually have the same problem too and don't know what to do. My parents' over-dependence on these pastors really baffles me. If I leave this girl, she may even commit suicide because I'm like all she's got and she's also all I've got. But if I disobey my parents, won't I be sinning against God? And God forbid that I encounter a problem with her in the future, my parents will simply say they've warned me.

This is the dilemma am in...
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by MizMyColi(f): 1:01am On May 25, 2015
Hi there Shola.
I can't sleep too. Though mine's because I drugged myself to sleep earlier (health reasons).
smiley

About your story, I can relate.
I can relate because I have an inkling what it means to live your life, subjected to prophecies and worth nots.

I'd like to know though?
Are you a Christian?
A firm God believer?

If you are, then I'd like a remind you, that while the supernatural and divine is as real as the air we breathe...

You have to begin to reconstruct your mind to believe that Life is what we make it.
It is not God's will for you to suffer calamity in marriage.
You have to be aware too, that not all spirits of prophecy work in tandem with God's.

The spirit in you gives you understanding Shola, of what is right, of what is wrong. Of what to do, of what not to do. Of who to marry and who not to marry.

If it gives you peace, why not consult with other Men of God? In the end, if they are true MOGs, you will find that they will say what you have been perceiving in your deepest feelings.

If your Mom has no issues with her, other than what Alfa or Pastor said, and you think you can overcome those, please carry on.

A life lived mostly in fear is equivalent to a non existent one.

My dear....all I wish you is clarity of intent and purpose.
May you never miss it.
Amen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by loomer: 1:03am On May 25, 2015
If I hear say dis no be Zeb Ejiro production
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by Ay92(m): 1:14am On May 25, 2015
smsshola:

This is the dilemma am in...
May God help us oooo. As for me, I don't plan to leave the lady, I don't care what anyone thinks but my problem now is that I DON'T WANT TO SIN AGAINST GOD BY DISOBEYING MY PARENTS. At the same time I don't want a situation where they will mock me if anything happens in the future ( God forbid)
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by smsshola(m): 1:14am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
Hi there Shola.
I can't sleep too. Though mine's because I drugged myself to sleep earlier (health reasons).
smiley

I can relate because I have an inkling what it means to live your life, subjected to prophecies and worth nots.

I'd like to know though?
Are you a Christian?
A firm God believer?

If you are, then I'd like a remind you, that while the supernatural and divine is as real as the air we breathe...

You have to begin to reconstruct your mind to believe that Life is what we make it.
You have to be aware too, that not all spirits of prophecy work in tandem with God's.

The spirit in you gives you understanding Shola, of what is right, of what is wrong. Of what to do, of what not to do. Of who to marry and who not to marry.

If it gives you peace, why not consult with other Men of God? In the end, if they are true MOGs, you will find that they will say what you have been perceiving in your deepest feelings.

If your Mom has no issues with her, other than what Alfa or Pastor said, and you think you can overcome those, please carry on.

On a flip side, has it occurred to you, someone might be playing on your mom's intelligence?
Because the moment he okays a particular girl to your mom, then that day, he or she would have lost a "good customer?"

May you never miss it.
Amen.

Thanks so much I really appreciate and wish u a better health recovery. To your question am a Christian and attend RCCG nd there doctrine is ur family member must support especially ones mother so hw will I convince my mum to consent.
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:34am On May 25, 2015
*enters with 50litre keg *

Abeg where una see fuel take power this thread grin
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by deadie(m): 3:19am On May 25, 2015
My signature reads "Ignorance is bliss, corrupt politicians should be hanged, religion is BS". And what your mom is telling you is certainly BS.
So you have brought two ladies and your mother rejected them both and without any tangible reason? Frankly, I wouldn't let you marry my relative if your mom has such an influence on you. I love my family (parents and sibling) and will do anything for them. But they understand that they do not have a say on my decision on who to marry (I am married), neither can I decide for them. My wife also understands that she has no influence whatsoever on how I relate with my siblings. Be a man. If she says she see problems at the old age, tell her not to worry about it. You can even joke to her that you do not plan living that long, so you would be dead before the problem starts. But, I repeat, but, do not allow anyone decide for you who to marry on the basis of prayers, dreams, etc. It is your adult life, don't let your mum decide how you live it.
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by MrCork: 3:35am On May 25, 2015
smsshola:
Please I need a mature advice am really confuse as u can c I can't sleep because of d problem am going tru Btw my finance and my mother. Read my story and give ur advice:

I was born in a family of 5 my two sis, my mum and my dad..lost my dad few yrs ago so all ds while it has bn tru d struggle of my mum wt pain and hard labor she was able to c me tru uni days..

Today am working wt one of d oil company and relatively doing well and ok, though still praying fo better height. Now my problem start wen I brought a lady home fo my marriage and my mum opposed to d affairs wt reason she won't say;I also came wt anoda lady nd she said there is no way cos she has gone for prayer and dey told her it won't work.

The bone of contention is d current lady am dating;a lady dt we both love our selves and to be truthful to u guys she loves me more dn I do fo her and am also ready to settle down wt her;but after introducing her to my mum she said she wl go nd pray abt our future together as Hus and wify;she came back saying our early days together wl b okay but at old age we won't b compatible nd dt many dangers wl emerge.

Nairalander's am so confuse dt i don't kno what to do this state of mine led mi to ask one of my colleague out wh she consented and we av started dating,she even introduce me to her mum and her family I took a dangerous step and tell my mum abt her after two days she called me dt she has prayed and dt my colleague is my real wife...According to her d imam or pastor confirmed we ar okay to marry.

This her statement throw me into disarray cos the real lady dt love me wt all her might is not taking things lightly she is not ready to believe my mum tale dt we are not meant fo each other:while my colleague dt I just try my luck on her is now d one my mother is saying she is my wife even though she is not from my tribe,but d first one is from our tribe.

Nairalanders help me, wish shu I go for?Shu I neglect my mum advice and marry d lady dt loves me so much or I Shu leave her and marry my colleague based on my mother advice? Pls help a confuse fellow.

....THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE GADEEMMMMIT.....which one are u gonnno Nyansh every day??. ....do the maths...AND THATS YOR ANSA!!! (no ooofeinse) angry

1 Like

Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by Tycyborg(m): 3:36am On May 25, 2015
I will tell you to go for the girl... You will see that sooner or later if your mom truely loves you, she will love what you love... Besides even if your mom chooses one for you and it happens that something happened in the future, will you blame your mom? Even if you blame your mom, what diff will it makes? So forget and go for something that will make you happy cos your mom aint gonna live your life man and as time goes on she is gonna part ways with yall or you might loose the diamond ring to another man and you might end up blaming yourself in which you will carry the scar forever... Love can heal anything if the love is real and forget you will not encounter anything even if there is fight between you guys in future the love you have for each other will mend the hearts again...
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by Tycyborg(m): 3:42am On May 25, 2015
smsshola:

I will tell you to go for the girl... You will see that sooner or later if your mom truely loves you, she will love what you love... Besides even if your mom chooses one for you and it happens that something happened in the future, will you blame your mom? Even if you blame your mom, what diff will it makes? So forget and go for something that will make you happy cos your mom aint gonna live your life man and as time goes on she is gonna part ways with yall or you might loose the diamond ring to another man and you might end up blaming yourself in which you will carry the scar forever... Love can heal anything if the love is real and forget you will not encounter anything even if there is fight between you guys in future the love you have for each other will mend the hearts again...
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by suzzy16(f): 3:49am On May 25, 2015
neutrotoba:
I believe happiness supercedes all other factors

If yhu wanna be happy, marry the one yhu love.

If ur mother wants ur happiness, she'd allow you to follow ur heart!!

I also believe prayers can change unfavorable conditions to favorable.
thank you,I love dis,though I'm forced to comment
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by suzzy16(f): 3:51am On May 25, 2015
italkpass:
yeah,love covers everything,and I believe in power of prayer to change everything right from wrong
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by suzzy16(f): 3:56am On May 25, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
*enters with 50litre keg *

Abeg where una see fuel take power this thread grin
lol,ehn,nija don turn into another thing
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by MizMyColi(f): 5:56am On May 25, 2015
smsshola:

Thanks so much I really appreciate and wish u a better health recovery. To your question am a Christian and attend RCCG nd there doctrine is ur family member must support especially ones mother so hw will I convince my mum to consent.

Thanks for the wishes my dear.

Your Mom is a human being and she can be reasoned with.
Employ whatever means that is necessary to get her to give you two a chance.
Even if it means subscribing to emotional blackmail..
Finally Bro, prayer. Just pray, tell God what you want. Command the good elements and spirits to take charge and work in your Favour.

All the bestsmiley

1 Like

Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by Tallesty1(m): 6:08am On May 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
Hi there Shola.
smiley

I'd like to know though?
Are you a Christian?
A firm God believer?

On a flip side, has it occurred to you, someone might be playing on your mom's intelligence?
Because the moment he okays a particular girl to your mom, then that day, he or she would have lost a "good customer?"

May you never miss it.
Amen.
You got it wrong there. He has okayed someone already. If I were in the poster's situation I will forget marriage for now and get busy with other things because there's trouble already.

I hate building good things on bad foundation, already there's fear in his heart and fear is a dangerous weapon than can tear any stronghold.

If the op should marry this girl he loves, there's problem and there will always be problem. Humans are very fond of putting the blames for our misdeeds on something or somebody.

Should the girl misbehave tomorrow the op will say my mom warned me instead of looking for solution to the problem. Every little thing the girl does will remind him of his mom's warnings and that will make him to hate the girl with time.

If he should go ahead to marry the one her mom likes, there will be problem too because for every little mistake she makes, he will put the blame on his mom. He's likely to call her to tell her that the wife she chose for him is not good. All these will happen because his heart is not with her.

So my opinion is, op, leave marriage for now and study these two ladies well to know the one that her life styles suits him...........

Forget love, it blinds people just like religion, it doesn't allow one to notice the intolerable flaws of their partner so Bleep it for the moment and use your brain to discern which is which.

Ogwu ka oham n'onu

1 Like

Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by mrsmith11(m): 6:56am On May 25, 2015
I would ve advice but immediately you said you cheated on your gf with your colleague then I lost the respect for you.
I think your problem is you

1 Like

Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by sleekch1c(f): 7:11am On May 25, 2015
mrsmith11:
I would ve advice but immediately you said you cheated on your gf with your colleague then I lost the respect for you.
I think your problem is you

Gbam.. Don't mind the child of confusion undecided
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by lilmax(m): 7:33am On May 25, 2015
You are a christian but you can't pray on your own for God's intervention? Smh
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by smsshola(m): 8:16am On May 25, 2015
Tallesty1:
You got it wrong there. He has okayed someone already. If I were in the poster's situation I will forget marriage for now and get busy with other things because there's trouble already.

I hate building good things on bad foundation, already there's fear in his heart and fear is a dangerous weapon than can tear any stronghold.

If the op should marry this girl he loves, there's problem and there will always be problem. Humans are very fond of putting the blames for our misdeeds on something or somebody.

Should the girl misbehave tomorrow the op will say my mom warned me instead of looking for solution to the problem. Every little thing the girl does will remind him of his mom's warnings and that will make him to hate the girl with time.

If he should go ahead to marry the one her mom likes, there will be problem too because for every little mistake she makes, he will put the blame on his mom. He's likely to call her to tell her that the wife she chose for him is not good. All these will happen because his heart is not with her.

So my opinion is, op, leave marriage for now and study these two ladies well to know the one that her life styles suits him...........

Forget love, it blinds people just like religion, it doesn't allow one to notice the intolerable flaws of their partner so Bleep it for the moment and use your brain to discern which is which.

Ogwu ka oham n'onu

Thank you so much.
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:31am On May 25, 2015
suzzy16:
lol,ehn,nija don turn into another thing

Nne the hustle is real o grin
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by aphildam(m): 9:55am On May 25, 2015
Know how to seek God by yourself...

dan 11:32*★**And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and doexploits

23 “Am I only a God nearby,”declares theLord,“and not a God far away?
24 Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?”declares theLord.“Do not I fill heaven and earth?”declares theLord.
25 “I have heard what the prophets say who prophesy lies in my name. They say, ‘I had a dream!I had a dream!’.
26How long will this continue in the hearts of these lying prophets, who prophesy the delusionsof their own minds?
27 They think the dreams they tell one another will make my people forget my name, just as their ancestors forgot my name through Baal worship. 28 Let the prophet who has a dream recount the dream, but let the one who has my word speak it faithfully. For what has straw to do with grain?” declares theLord
Re: My Mother Or My Finace? by suzzy16(f): 3:43pm On May 25, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Nne the hustle is real o grin
lol

(1) (Reply)

15 Funny Questions To Ask Your Lover On The First Date / Importance Of Sex To The Body / 13 Things To Do If You Run Into Your Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.