Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1048406 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pelumitund: 9:06am On Nov 20, 2015
Good morning all.
I will be coming to UNSW by February. Anyone there and how is life generally in the place? I have more than half of my full tuition? Is it possible to work and make up for the tuition?
Is there anyone interested in a shared apartment so we can come together and rent one?
Thanks for your response.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 20, 2015
I can't Thank God enough... From getting an unconditional offer to study a M.Eng at ECU, I have just gotten my Visa Grant 573 SVP. To God alone be all the glory... Thank You Jesus!!!!

My Special gratitude to my NL Family that guided me thoroughly so I don't make any mistakes... Erictack203, Lawland, Laminaria, Futuredon, Chi50, ‎2posh, EEAA and everyone on the thread... I thank you all

Applied on the November 2nd
Lodged at Pretoria on November 4th
Visa Granted November ‎19th 
And I got the email Today

P/S: I did my Medicals on the 28th of Oct and Fatayi Williams clinic sent it on the 29th

I didn't submit any form of Sponsorship document, Financial Statement and I didn't mention anything about finance‎

9 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 10:00am On Nov 20, 2015
deleyi20:

I can't Thank God enough... From getting an unconditional offer to study a M.Eng at ECU, I have just gotten my Visa Grant 573 SVP. To God alone be all the glory... Thank You Jesus!!!!

My Special gratitude to my NL Family that guided me thoroughly so I don't make any mistakes... Erictack203, Lawland, Laminaria, Futuredon, Chi50, ‎2posh, EEAA and everyone on the thread... I thank you all

P/S: I did my Medicals on the 28th of Oct and Fatayi Williams clinic sent it on the 29th

I didn't submit any form of Sponsorship document, Financial Statement and I didn't mention anything about finance‎

Yay! Congrats smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 10:03am On Nov 20, 2015
deleyi20:

Congrats brother. I told you that you have nothing to worry about re: financial evidence. @2posh, you are a star. You give nothing but intelligent responses.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pristine88: 10:23am On Nov 20, 2015
2posh:
@Pristine88

There's no biggie in the timeline you were given by Diamond Bank.

GTBank gave me two weeks but actually processed it in a little over one week.

It depends on how long it takes them to procure Forex.

Just keep in touch with them and request status updates.

Hope this helps

Thank you...Account has been debited on Wednesday I assume that means Forex has been procured...awaiting telex copy
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 10:32am On Nov 20, 2015
FutureDon:

Congrats brother. I told you that you have nothing to worry about re: financial evidence. @2posh, you are a star. You give nothing but intelligent responses.

grin grin grin

Thanks FutureDon. The young are growing. Lol

#Godwin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by angelllla(f): 10:59am On Nov 20, 2015
@kubbiebrown...did you assess with ICAA post July (based on the changes introduced in July). I am thinking of waiting to get my professional membership certificate before applying for assessment due to the recently introduced changes.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifeco1: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2015
T
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifeco1: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2015
Hello E- Fam.
I need your advice on what to do on this situation.
I applied for a new passport and I got it the next day as my old passport will expire in May, 2016 (6 months from now). The issue now is I got my visa grant with my old passport while the new passport has a different number. Now, I have both passport with me but the the pages left on my old passport have been cancelled. The immigration officer said I can't hold 2 passports so he cancelled all the pages left in the old passport but I still have the two with me. Fam I hope I won't have any problem with all these changes at the point of entry and do I need to contact DIBP office in Pretoria. Pls I need y'all response. 2posh, Eric, Chi05, futuredon etc
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MASMEK2016: 11:38am On Nov 20, 2015
I have been a follower of this forum for a longtime and i appreciate the life changing instructions ,guild lines and directions.

I have got an offer to study in University of Newcastle.Kindly provide information on jobs,cost of living and potential challenges to enable me position

myself appropriately.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 11:44am On Nov 20, 2015
Practically all office of importance closes but it might be only on 25th Dec (Christmas day) and new year day...if am right (just judging based on other relevant offices).
sizmokool:
Thanks 2posh. It is actually about my SOP. Am still trying to get all necessary documents for re-application. When I am ready Please I will appeal to the gurus to help go through.

Is it true that the Pretoria office closes sometime in December. If that is correct, when?

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 11:52am On Nov 20, 2015
Based on my uderstanding, there is no tree that grows money in australia just get prepared for the worst (we dont pray for that) then when good sufaces...my dear we give thanks to God!!
MASMEK2016:
I have been a follower of this forum for a longtime and i appreciate the life changing instructions ,guild lines and directions.

I have got an offer to study in University of Newcastle.Kindly provide information on jobs,cost of living and potential challenges to enable me position

myself appropriately.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
deleyi20:

Congratulations dear, so happy 4 u
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laminaria(m): 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
deleyi20:

Congratz...just helped in lil way. wlc on board.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ifeco1:
Hello E- Fam.
I applied for a new passport and I got it the next day as my old passport will expire in May, 2016 (6 months from now). The issue now is I got my visa grant with my old passport while the new passport has a different number. Now, I have both passport with me but the the pages left on my old passport have been cancelled. The immigration officer said I can't hold 2 passports so he cancelled all the pages left in the old passport but I still have the two with me. Fam I hope I won't have any problem with all these changes at the point of entry and do I need to contact DIBP office in Pretoria. Pls I need y'all response. 2posh, Eric, Chi05, futuredon etc
Hmmm, I'm honestly disappointed with what u did. you've been following this thread 4 a while now and I'm sure you've mentioned this passport issue b4 u applied 4 visa n it was fully explained to u by our gurus. how do u think it's possible to have a visa with another passport number. You should have renewed or changed ur passport b4 applying 4 d visa to avoid issues. Now u must definitely contact Pretoria to let them know because u can't enter Australia with dat visa. You'll have to fill a form to. I guess u can check their website 4 more info. best of luck.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kubbiebrownie(f): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
angelllla:
@kubbiebrown...did you assess with ICAA post July (based on the changes introduced in July). I am thinking of waiting to get my professional membership certificate before applying for assessment due to the recently introduced changes.

@angellla you need to include a certified copy of your professional membership cert, certified copy of letter of good standing and dont forget to include your transcript n syllabus . wait till you get your professional membership certificate before you apply to icaa because only your bsc degree certificate will be assessed as equivalent to an associate degree .
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
chi50:

Hmmm, I'm honestly disappointed with what u did. you've been following this thread 4 a while now and I'm sure you've mentioned this passport issue b4 u applied 4 visa n it was fully explained to u by our gurus. how do u think it's possible to have a visa with another passport number. You should have renewed or changed ur passport b4 applying 4 d visa to avoid issues. Now u must definitely contact Pretoria to let them know because u can't enter Australia with dat visa. You'll have to fill a form to. I guess u can check their website 4 more info. best of luck.
I just asked around n was told that it doesn't really matter .but pls still do ur research to avoid stories at d airport . cheers.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ifeco1: 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
chi50:

I just asked around n was told that it doesn't really matter .but pls still do ur research to avoid stories at d airport . cheers.

Thank you chi50. I still have the old passport too. But I will still contact DIBP office too. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ifeco1:

Thank you chi50. I still have the old passport too. But I will still contact DIBP office too. Thanks

Your old passport has been cancelled without prejudiced, it is no longer valid for travel.

Contact DIBP ASAP to transfer your visa to the new passport.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
Babahafusaa:
Hello house, I need some advice here plz...I submitted my student visa application class 572 SVP on 27th of Oct with Teleperformance Lagos..the application got to Pretoria on 30th same month/week. But ever since then I haven't received any feedback from the embassy...my commencement date as stated on my ecoe is 1st of December and I indicated 28th of this month as my departure date....i mailed them on Monday and I was replied immediately stating that my application is still under process. Iam yet to do my medicals sef.... also waiting for their directive before doing that...today is 19th my departure date is 28th commencement date 1st of december.....i need advice and opinions pls...what step do you think I can take @ this stage?.....Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EEAA: 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
Congrats dear. Really happy for you #TeamECU#Let's go there. We are waiting for you Mikey....God has settled it. Endless great news in the house IJN
deleyi20:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chetaRay(m): 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
deleyi20:

@ deleyi

congrats to u. wat a good news.

wic agent did u use nd did u attach any offer of future employment

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
EEAA:
Congrats dear #TeamECU#

@deleyi20: Afaaa...you sabi dance Azonto? sorry Shoki **smiles.

Congratz
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pelumitund: 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
doromay:
@pelumifund pls am interested n also going to unsw by feb. Pls contact me on 08032075089 let's talk

No P.
are u on whatsapp?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MASMEK2016: 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
Triggeredsam:
Based on my uderstanding, there is no tree that grows money in australia just get prepared for the worst (we dont pray for that) then when good sufaces...my dear we give thanks to God!!

Great thanks Triggeredsam
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2015
EEAA:
Congrats dear. Really happy for you #TeamECU#Let's go there. We are waiting for you Mikey....God has settled it. Endless great news in the house IJN
Yes oh just me remaining, our God will not let us down..

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
Babahafusaa:

@deleyi20: Afaaa...you sabi dance Azonto? sorry Shoki **smiles.

Congratz

Hi Babahafusaa,

any news from the embassy yet?

Have you been checking your spam/junk mail folder?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Demi10: 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
I have been reading through the thread here. I want to ask a question. In a case where one get a scholarship for both tuition and living and when you submitted your application, you still include your statement of account to proof that your family will be able to have access to money if they are not going with you at the moment, please what is the stand on this. if you apply for a PhD SVp,
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Babahafusaa: 3:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
2posh:

Hi Babahafusaa,

any news from the embassy yet?

Have you been checking your spam/junk mail folder?

@ 2posh nothing yet. still anticipating.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by medoyin(m): 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ifeco1:
Hello E- Fam.

Bro, you don't have any problem whatsoever since your dob and names correspond. You can't have a new passport with the old number, it must be a new number. Just make sure you carry both passports on any trip outside the country. Safe trip bro..

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.