Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,488 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1048252 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Omonjoe(m): 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
I am looking towards going through the PR route since I am somehow qualified instead of studies route. Please I need someone to help me answer these;

1. Based on previous assessments here, does Engineers Australia always give positive assessment to B.Eng - Elect/Elect from Nigeria universities?

2. Is one require by DIBP to submit a statement of account when applying for PR?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
Congratsss my broda!!!.

I am so happy for you.

deleyi20:

I can't Thank God enough... From getting an unconditional offer to study a M.Eng at ECU, I have just gotten my Visa Grant 573 SVP. To God alone be all the glory... Thank You Jesus!!!!

My Special gratitude to my NL Family that guided me thoroughly so I don't make any mistakes... Erictack203, Lawland, Laminaria, Futuredon, Chi50, ‎2posh, EEAA and everyone on the thread... I thank you all

Applied on the November 2nd
Lodged at Pretoria on November 4th
Visa Granted November ‎19th 
And I got the email Today

P/S: I did my Medicals on the 28th of Oct and Fatayi Williams clinic sent it on the 29th

I didn't submit any form of Sponsorship document, Financial Statement and I didn't mention anything about finance‎
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GodWinGodwin: 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
deleyi20:

I can't Thank God enough... From getting an unconditional offer to study a M.Eng at ECU, I have just gotten my Visa Grant 573 SVP. To God alone be all the glory... Thank You Jesus!!!!

My Special gratitude to my NL Family that guided me thoroughly so I don't make any mistakes... Erictack203, Lawland, Laminaria, Futuredon, Chi50, ‎2posh, EEAA and everyone on the thread... I thank you all

Applied on the November 2nd
Lodged at Pretoria on November 4th
Visa Granted November ‎19th 
And I got the email Today

P/S: I did my Medicals on the 28th of Oct and Fatayi Williams clinic sent it on the 29th

I didn't submit any form of Sponsorship document, Financial Statement and I didn't mention anything about finance‎

Congratz Dele.
Goodnews shall never cease in this house.

GodWins
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
Check your Visa grant letter, it state you notify the Immigration of any changes.

Contact your case Officer once you enter Australia by email. And email a certified copy of your renewed passport to her and also copy the immi general email. Your Visa will be transferred to the New Passport and it will be updated on VEVO.

Make sure u certify the Passport before leaving Nigeria, make a coloured copy and certify it.

Enjoy your new life!

Ifeco1:
Hello E- Fam.
I need your advice on what to do on this situation.
I applied for a new passport and I got it the next day as my old passport will expire in May, 2016 (6 months from now). The issue now is I got my visa grant with my old passport while the new passport has a different number. Now, I have both passport with me but the the pages left on my old passport have been cancelled. The immigration officer said I can't hold 2 passports so he cancelled all the pages left in the old passport but I still have the two with me. Fam I hope I won't have any problem with all these changes at the point of entry and do I need to contact DIBP office in Pretoria. Pls I need y'all response. 2posh, Eric, Chi05, futuredon etc
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ifeco1:
Hello E- Fam.
I need your advice on what to do on this situation.
I applied for a new passport and I got it the next day as my old passport will expire in May, 2016 (6 months from now). The issue now is I got my visa grant with my old passport while the new passport has a different number. Now, I have both passport with me but the the pages left on my old passport have been cancelled. The immigration officer said I can't hold 2 passports so he cancelled all the pages left in the old passport but I still have the two with me. Fam I hope I won't have any problem with all these changes at the point of entry and do I need to contact DIBP office in Pretoria. Pls I need y'all response. 2posh, Eric, Chi05, futuredon etc

You have nothing to worry about, you can carry both passport while you travel. Cancel without prejudice is normal and will not affect the visa on it.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2015
bellong:

Your old passport has been cancelled without prejudiced, it is no longer valid for travel.

Contact DIBP ASAP to transfer your visa to the new passport.

That is not true, all he needs to do is to carry both passports and present both at the POE. The visa on the cancelled passport is still valid

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
Your new Passport carries your expired Passport number for reference, check it you will see.

You are using your new Passport to Travel, all documents in the old Passport still remains valid.

It's not a big deal. Just do the contact and they will advice and update your details in their database.

erictack203:
Check your Visa grant letter, it state you notify the Immigration of any changes.

Contact your case Officer once you enter Australia by email. And email a certified copy of your renewed passport to her and also copy the immi general email. Your Visa will be transferred to the New Passport and it will be updated on VEVO.

Make sure u certify the Passport before leaving Nigeria, make a coloured copy and certify it.

Enjoy your new life!

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
justwise:

That is not true, all he needs to do is to carry both passport and present both at the POE. The visa on the cancelled passport is still valid

Is there anywhere in my post I said the visa is invalid?

Is his visa not an e-visa?

If he read his application instructions very well, the department stressed that DIBP must be notified of any changes in passport.

Ifeco,

For a trial, do not notify the department of your new visa, carry the old and new to travel with you. It will be a reference for the future.. :DD

Erictack203,

The new passport has no reference to the old. I renewed my passport last year and it is entirely different number with no reference to previous one.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Omonjoe(m): 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
Omonjoe:
I am looking towards going through the PR route since I am somehow qualified instead of studies route. Please I need someone to help me answer these;

1. Based on previous assessments here, does Engineers Australia always give positive assessment to B.Eng - Elect/Elect from Nigeria universities?

2. Is one require by DIBP to submit a statement of account when applying for PR?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 12:05am On Nov 21, 2015
bellong:

Is there anywhere in my post I said the visa is invalid?

Is his visa not an e-visa?

If he read his application instructions very well, the department stressed that DIBP must be notified of any changes in passport.

Ifeco,

For a trial, do not notify the department of your new visa, carry the old and new to travel with you. It will be a reference for the future.. :DD

Erictack203,

The new passport has no reference to the old. I renewed my passport last year and it is entirely different number with no reference to previous one.
@bellong it's a new addition which started around may or June this year. If you renew your international passport now, your old number will be printed on your data page. I'm a witness..

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 12:13am On Nov 21, 2015
Mikey:

@bellong it's a new addition which started around may or June this year. If you renew your international passport now, your old number will be printed on your data page. I'm a witness..

Oh..ok..

Thanks for the info.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scrollmeout(m): 5:32am On Nov 21, 2015
Omonjoe:

No one can answer this question with certainty. What matters the most is what is contained in your transcript and the quality of your Competency Development Report amongst others. Please visit EA website, download the MSA booklet and read.

DIBP will not ask you for SOA but you are advised to have enough funds for yourself and those who may be travelling with you

see my answers above
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tyosho: 7:08am On Nov 21, 2015
bellong:

Your old passport has been cancelled without prejudiced, it is no longer valid for travel.

Contact DIBP ASAP to transfer your visa to the new passport.

I have a 10year uk visa on an old passport that's been cancelled without prejudice.All I do is travel with both passports and it's never been an issue.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Demi10: 7:14am On Nov 21, 2015
Good morning everybody. Seems my questions is somehow because nobody try to attend to it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 8:08am On Nov 21, 2015
tyosho:

I have a 10year uk visa on an old passport that's been cancelled without prejudice.All I do is travel with both passports and it's never been an issue.

Well, I want to believe this Australia thread and not the UK.

Ifeco,

Read the info on this link. What is practised in country A differs from B.

www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/form/immi-FAQs/What-if-I-have-a-new-passport

Your answer is in the link.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 8:08am On Nov 21, 2015
Demi10:
Good morning everybody. Seems my questions is somehow because nobody try to attend to it.

What is your question?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Demi10: 8:20am On Nov 21, 2015
This was my question that I posted yestarday. I am new here
I have been reading through the thread
here. I want to ask a question. In a case
where one get a scholarship for both
tuition and living and when you submitted
your application, you still include your
statement of account to proof that your family will be able to have access to
money if they are not going with you at
the moment, please what is the stand on
this. if you apply for a PhD SVP 574
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 8:23am On Nov 21, 2015
When you apply for PhD,

Nobody will disturb for financial evidence. You are aiming to seek for the end of knowledge in your field.. cheesy grin

If it is PhD, you have no problem bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Demi10: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2015
@ Bellong thank you so much, that was what I did, before I joined the forum here and have read many people saying they didnt submit financial evidence. I am patiently waiting for a favorable response too.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by veryconcluded: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2015
Hello peeps, it has been a while I visited the house. Big congratulations to those coming to join us soon and I pray for those awaiting their visas. Sydney is a beautiful place but can be lonely, in my eight weeks here I have learnt a lot but I have also achieved somethings all thanks be to God. I have my own 2 bedroom apartment though looking for a flatmate to share bills(pls note that houses are not easy to get if your account statement in Australia does not have inflows and if you are a student) and I also have a good stable job in a big company( 3rd job actually). Lesson learnt: be your self, speak normally don't fake accents if you want people to understand you, avoid excess luggage from nigeria cos it is not worth it majority of the stuffs are sold here, bring a lot of hair attachments and learn basic hair plaitings cos hair do is freaking expensive , some men want to marry from the first day of meeting if they know you are new in town, avoid cabs so quickly learn the transport system, finally ask questions from everybody. I am still learning, ciao

9 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by veryconcluded: 9:31am On Nov 21, 2015
GodWinGodwin:
To our ranking members,

Who has used FCMB Visa Card in OZ ?
Will be heading to BNE soon and would like to know if I can leave some funds in my account and wipe it out there.

As my bank is not doing PTA, and I want to avoid the killer dollar rates of BDC's, what are the best alternatives available?

Thanks in anticipation,

GodWin

Hello Godwin, I advise you to have more than 1master card,spread the risk

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Demi10: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2015
@veryconcluded thanks for information and words of encouragement, wow 3 jobs in 8 weeks that's awesome.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
Thanks for the info. I guess you are on a PR visa. I heard jobs are easier to come by when you are PR than when you are on a post study work permit visa?
veryconcluded:
Hello peeps, it has been a while I visited the house. Big congratulations to those coming to join us soon and I pray for those awaiting their visas. Sydney is a beautiful place but can be lonely, in my eight weeks here I have learnt a lot but I have also achieved somethings all thanks be to God. I have my own 2 bedroom apartment though looking for a flatmate to share bills(pls note that houses are not easy to get if your account statement in Australia does not have inflows and if you are a student) and I also have a good stable job in a big company( 3rd job actually). Lesson learnt: be your self, speak normally don't fake accents if you want people to understand you, avoid excess luggage from nigeria cos it is not worth it majority of the stuffs are sold here, bring a lot of hair attachments and learn basic hair plaitings cos hair do is freaking expensive , some men want to marry from the first day of meeting if they know you are new in town, avoid cabs so quickly learn the transport system, finally ask questions from everybody. I am still learning, ciao
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Triggeredsam: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2015
thanks posh, so everything lies in my statement of purpose, i have gathered the apprenticeship certificate (Na road side mechanic workshop ohhh) with reference letter from my boss, (Shea d go call) now i don the put eye for water the check reasons i need to add for the change of career, sumtin like (No zoology job for naija but i took a training as a mechanic grin grin grin) please i need much of the reasons and suggestion plus critics, pleasssss ohhhhh my heart d jump since the second agent the tell me say i stand a high chance of visa rejection just because am downgrading from zoology bsc to advanced diploma engineering mechanical, gurus in the house whats the best option to prove that i will com back to naija, plss sumbody put mouth for these matter like posh ohhhhh
embarassed embarassed embarassed
2posh:

Oh ok then. Just replace everywhere I have Civil with Mechanical. The gist is the same

My last paragraph in the previous post already suggests how you can talk about your current interest in Engineering and the apprenticeship.

As for what you said about SVP; I'm not aware of any such changes. When was that effected? The person who mentioned it here said it will start from January 2016 and he said he wasn't sure and had no way to prove it but urged people to apply before then just incase. It was underground info.

I applied under SVP and didn't submit any Bank statement. SVP still applies until confirmed otherwise. However, if you feel more comfortable including a Bank statement, please feel free as some other people also chose to do so but, remember that it may or may not raise further questions on your application.

Good luck
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by veryconcluded: 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
bhanjjie:
Thanks for the info. I guess you are on a PR visa. I heard jobs are easier to come by when you are PR than when you are on a post study work permit visa?

Naaah, I am on a student visa. I will emphasise on being prayerful in all you do and do your best to get the first job in what you like to do (mine is in customer services) and your resume should be very good.immediately you come, start looking for jobs (I got mine online and the school job board), ensure you apply for at least 2 jobs a day or more. Advertise yourself well in the resume and sell yourself well in the interview, remember Naija no dey carry last

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
Seconded!

@Bellong,

Things has changed$

@Justwise.

Thanks a lot for assistance here, you are a rare gem, we need more people like you in this Countries IT system. Thanks again.

@Mikey.

Thanks for your contribution.

@Ifeco1.

Get to Australia and notify changes about your passport, you can travel carrying both Passports and your new passport carries your old passport number like this "Previous Passport" and then it still has its own new number.

Safe trip!

Mikey:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pelumitund: 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
Thanks for the info.
really appreciate.
I and a friend will be coming to UNSW by February and we have been looking for someone to share with. Please hope you wont mind if we can join to share the apartment together.

thanks

veryconcluded:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tm0934: 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
Am new here, heard about d wonders u guys r doing here! Pls gr8t people I need ur advice, it has always been my dream to work in Australia but don't know to go about it. I Hv BA Mass comm,diploma n professional diploma in Public relations (Am chartered) with 6yrs xperince in Public Relations. Pls kindly advice me on what to do as ur opinion ll be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by veryconcluded: 4:21am On Nov 22, 2015
pelumitund:
Thanks for the info.
really appreciate.
I and a friend will be coming to UNSW by February and we have been looking for someone to share with. Please hope you wont mind if we can join to share the apartment together.

thanks

Hi Pelumi, I really won't mind you guys coming over but February is a long time to wait for. I won't be able to wait till then, the house rent is crazily expensive so I need someone to share the bills soon. Thanks for dropping by
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gbade11(m): 6:31am On Nov 22, 2015
Adetoi01:
Since when? I got mine between 2 to 3 days.
Really?! Mine is almost 3wks now o. Ple wch programme did u apply for. I applied for grad cert

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.