Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1044400 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2015
Triggeredsam:
thanks posh, so everything lies in my statement of purpose, i have gathered the apprenticeship certificate (Na road side mechanic workshop ohhh) with reference letter from my boss, (Shea d go call) now i don the put eye for water the check reasons i need to add for the change of career, sumtin like (No zoology job for naija but i took a training as a mechanic grin grin grin) please i need much of the reasons and suggestion plus critics, pleasssss ohhhhh my heart d jump since the second agent the tell me say i stand a high chance of visa rejection just because am downgrading from zoology bsc to advanced diploma engineering mechanical, gurus in the house whats the best option to prove that i will com back to naija, plss sumbody put mouth for these matter like posh ohhhhh
embarassed embarassed embarassed

First of all, take pride in the apprenticeship you did. I believe in the dignity of labour. I myself have also done cut-and-join jobs and l have found those skills very useful at different times in my life ...you will too. No knowledge is wasted. If you take pride in it, you'll be respected for it. Imagine telling your story - back in so and so time after graduation, or when I was your age, there were no jobs and instead of sitting down at home doing nothing, I learnt how Mechanics fix Cars. Then I saved up and went to Australia to study Mechanical Engineering and now I earn {insert figure here} a year after taxes and can buy any Car I want grin

Back to the matter tongue

Second, where does Advanced Diploma rank in the grand scheme of things? Is it something you do before you graduate to a Master's program? Or something you do before you graduate to a Bachelor's program?

My reason for asking is this -

If it's a pathway to Master's, I think you are fine. You explain that the School where you want to do your M.Eng requires you do the Advanced Diploma because you don't have an engineering background and bla bla bla

If it's a pathway to Bachelor's, it creates room for doubt because on a normal day, you should be able to get into a Bachelor's program for Engineering as long as you have a good Science background (emphasis on Maths & Physics). So they might want to know why you are not going for Bachelor's straight. For me, the reason that will come to mind if I were a Visa Officer is that you are looking for a cheaper option to get PR points.

Unless if your Secondary School Education wasn't in Sciences or your performance in Sciences wasn't good enough to get you into B.Eng directly(your Secondary School transcripts will be evidence of this - emphasis on Maths & Physics) If this is the case, then you have to explain it as well in your SOP, that you need the Advanced Diploma to strengthen your foundation.

#My2Cents

PS - I'm a little surprised that you still seem lost on reasons for the career change. Did you read all the 'Maybes' in my first response to you?

Also, I won't recommend using the excuse of 'no Zoology job in Naija' as your main reason for switching to Engineering(they'll wonder if you didn't know Nigeria doesn’t have Zoos before studying it in the first place - or do we have? Where are they? Not that one by Chevron Lekki that has only Monkeys and Peacocks jor, that's not a Zoo undecided grin - Or were you planning to start your own Zoo? What happened to the plan? Lol) You have to show real interest and passion for Engineering and how it came about - which takes you back to the 'maybes' I mentioned before...you should go back and read that post again. Saying you want to become an Engineer simply because you couldn't find a Zoo to employ you is not strong enough. Again, this is just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rolaesh: 8:22am On Nov 22, 2015
Thanks alot for this information. i observe is rare in this house. ....it will help us to prepare on what to expect overthere. what and what is relevant. Hope other gurus give us tips too.

veryconcluded:
Hello peeps, it has been a while I visited the house. Big congratulations to those coming to join us soon and I pray for those awaiting their visas. Sydney is a beautiful place but can be lonely, in my eight weeks here I have learnt a lot but I have also achieved somethings all thanks be to God. I have my own 2 bedroom apartment though looking for a flatmate to share bills(pls note that houses are not easy to get if your account statement in Australia does not have inflows and if you are a student) and I also have a good stable job in a big company( 3rd job actually). Lesson learnt: be your self, speak normally don't fake accents if you want people to understand you, avoid excess luggage from nigeria cos it is not worth it majority of the stuffs are sold here, bring a lot of hair attachments and learn basic hair plaitings cos hair do is freaking expensive , some men want to marry from the first day of meeting if they know you are new in town, avoid cabs so quickly learn the transport system, finally ask questions from everybody. I am still learning, ciao
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rolaesh: 8:29am On Nov 22, 2015
2posh:

#My2Cents

2 posh, i will like to be like you. Giving thousand$ info for just 2 cent. Bravo!. Am a fan of yours. Lord bless you with more wisdom
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:08am On Nov 22, 2015
rolaesh:

2 posh, i will like to be like you. Giving thousand$ info for just 2 cent. Bravo!. Am a fan of yours. Lord bless you with more wisdom

cheesy Thanks. Bless you too
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tayotp: 9:10am On Nov 22, 2015
@2posh,Good morning I sent you a mail.pls check thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 9:33am On Nov 22, 2015
tayotp:
@2posh,Good morning I sent you a mail.pls check thanks

Hi tayotp,

unfortunately, I'll rather not do the PM thing.

If it's about SOP, I'm sure there are many people here that can help you with it.

Have a good morning too smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 22, 2015
pelumitund:
Thanks for the info.
really appreciate.
I and a friend will be coming to UNSW by February and we have been looking for someone to share with. Please hope you wont mind if we can join to share the apartment together.

thanks

UNSW is far from her surburb
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 10:40am On Nov 22, 2015
Lovely!
veryconcluded:

Naaah, I am on a student visa. I will emphasise on being prayerful in all you do and do your best to get the first job in what you like to do (mine is in customer services) and your resume should be very good.immediately you come, start looking for jobs (I got mine online and the school job board), ensure you apply for at least 2 jobs a day or more. Advertise yourself well in the resume and sell yourself well in the interview, remember Naija no dey carry last
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gem9285: 10:44am On Nov 22, 2015
Hello everyone, I've been a silent reader for a while now. And thank you all for the info. I'll be starting my program in UNSW in February. Anyone going to UNSW too?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pelumitund: 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
February is even a long time for him to wait as the bill for the apartment is on the high side; so He wouldn't retain the space for us. we will be considering other options before then; preferably, a place closer to UNSW.
Thanks alot.

DrDauda:

UNSW is far from her surburb
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pelumitund: 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
Its alright bro. Pray you get someone soon cos i understand the fact that accommodation in aussie is on the high side. we will still keep our eyes opened hoping and believing God for the best. we might end up securing a 2/3 bedroom flat and the rent will be splitted evenly.
Thanks real much.

veryconcluded:

Hi Pelumi, I really won't mind you guys coming over but February is a long time to wait for. I won't be able to wait till then, the house rent is crazily expensive so I need someone to share the bills soon. Thanks for dropping by
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
deleyi20:

I can't Thank God enough... From getting an unconditional offer to study a M.Eng at ECU, I have just gotten my Visa Grant 573 SVP. To God alone be all the glory... Thank You Jesus!!!!

My Special gratitude to my NL Family that guided me thoroughly so I don't make any mistakes... Erictack203, Lawland, Laminaria, Futuredon, Chi50, ‎2posh, EEAA and everyone on the thread... I thank you all

Applied on the November 2nd
Lodged at Pretoria on November 4th
Visa Granted November ‎19th 
And I got the email Today

P/S: I did my Medicals on the 28th of Oct and Fatayi Williams clinic sent it on the 29th

I didn't submit any form of Sponsorship document, Financial Statement and I didn't mention anything about finance‎

Congrats bro, welcome to Perth. Have you arranged for accommodation?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
Mine is for masters.
gbade11:

Really?! Mine is almost 3wks now o. Ple wch programme did u apply for. I applied for grad cert
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
symbian03:

Congrats bro, welcome to Perth. Have you arranged for accommodation?

Not Yet My Brother; Please do you live in Perth presently? Can we have a Private conversation about this? Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hello house,can anybody help with schools that ve reasonable tuition fees for master degree or PGD in I.T. that I can apply for febuary intake.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 12:13am On Nov 23, 2015
deleyi20:

Not Yet My Brother; Please do you live in Perth presently? Can we have a Private conversation about this? Thanks

Yes, I'm in Perth. Message me, I might be able to pick you up as well.

God bless

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mikey(m): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2015
symbian03:

God bless
Wow, hope for such soft landing
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by symbian03(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2015
Mikey:

Wow, hope for such soft landing

Are you coming to study at ECU as well?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 9:29am On Nov 23, 2015
Unfortunately, I shall not be responding to PMs any longer unless na P matters smiley I have lost the zeal to keep reviewing SoPs for people. Imagine someone asking you to review SoP or answering personal questions after they had already lodge their application, baba nla time wasting. Una know unaself oo. Throw the questions openly make everybody contribute
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 2posh: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2015
FutureDon:
Unfortunately, I shall not be responding to PMs any longer unless na P matters smiley I have lost the zeal to keep reviewing SoPs for people. Imagine someone asking you to review SoP or answering personal questions after they had already lodge their application, baba nla time wasting. Una know unaself oo. Throw the questions openly make everybody contribute

Wow shocked

Pele cheesy
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 10:29am On Nov 23, 2015
Hi...please I have someone in Melbourne and he's been trying to get customer service job but they keep saying he has no experience in it and so he can't get it. how did u get urs without experience,or it wasn't necessary?
veryconcluded:

Naaah, I am on a student visa. I will emphasise on being prayerful in all you do and do your best to get the first job in what you like to do (mine is in customer services) and your resume should be very good.immediately you come, start looking for jobs (I got mine online and the school job board), ensure you apply for at least 2 jobs a day or more. Advertise yourself well in the resume and sell yourself well in the interview, remember Naija no dey carry last
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lollytk(f): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2015
Hi, I'm a graduate of public administration without experience because of lack of employment ,but I've been in small textile business which is dying because of credit buying, I and my fiancée intends to migrate to Australia to start our lives, he studied economics but working in oil servicing firm,the job is not related to what he studied but the pay is a little OK,so he doesn't have experience in what he studied also, we don't know anyone in Australia and don't know how to go about the whole visa application, we need help can someone come to our aid? Thanks everyone .
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by veryconcluded: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2015
chuckdee13:
Hi...please I have someone in Melbourne and he's been trying to get customer service job but they keep saying he has no experience in it and so he can't get it. how did u get urs without experience,or it wasn't necessary?

I guess my first job helped to build that area, though that one lasted just two weeks but who cares cos I added it to my resume and it helped me to get invitations from the others. Moreover, I ensured that my resume contained my job duties from naija and is very detailed
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adetoi01(m): 10:46am On Nov 23, 2015
They are taking medications after death! grin grin
FutureDon:
... I have lost the zeal to keep reviewing SoPs for people. Imagine someone asking you to review SoP or answering personal questions after they had already lodge their application, baba nla time wasting.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rusher14: 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
Does anyone know where biometrics are done for the Australian visa in the UK?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
FutureDon:
Oga futuredon, abeg no vex. I know it can b frustrating when ppl don't appreciate ur help or intentionally wastes ones time . It's not easy 4 u to bring out precious time out of ur obvious busy schedule to assist ppl in this group. Only God can reward u. so many people still genuinely need ur help so please dnt let some bad eggs n ungrateful ppl ruin or discourage this good work u are doing here. You r still our number 1 guru. Ekushe sir
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scholly(f): 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
veryconcluded:
Hello peeps, it has been a while I visited the house. Big congratulations to those coming to join us soon and I pray for those awaiting their visas. Sydney is a beautiful place but can be lonely, in my eight weeks here I have learnt a lot but I have also achieved somethings all thanks be to God. I have my own 2 bedroom apartment though looking for a flatmate to share bills(pls note that houses are not easy to get if your account statement in Australia does not have inflows and if you are a student) and I also have a good stable job in a big company( 3rd job actually). Lesson learnt: be your self, speak normally don't fake accents if you want people to understand you, avoid excess luggage from nigeria cos it is not worth it majority of the stuffs are sold here, bring a lot of hair attachments and learn basic hair plaitings cos hair do is freaking expensive , some men want to marry from the first day of meeting if they know you are new in town, avoid cabs so quickly learn the transport system, finally ask questions from everybody. I am still learning, ciao

I will be coming to Sydney soon,still waiting for my visa grant. I guess it would be nice to hook up with you when I get there.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scholly(f): 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
veryconcluded:

Please which site did you see the job vacancies,as I want to apply as a customer care agent as well
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
opaniyi12:
Hello house,can anybody help with schools that ve reasonable tuition fees for master degree or PGD in I.T. that I can apply for febuary intake.
Just read part two from d beginning
schks in oz r nt dat cheap
follow dis link to see list.of schools nd fees
universityreviews.com.au/lowest-tuition-fees.html
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Guys going to UNSW y can't u try homestay
i tink dat will be beta dan hotel nd it is somehow cheap 210$ per week but no meal o nd all bills inclusive nd dis will help u bcuz d family will tell u about d city nd u can also pay for pick up 160$ Expensive tho but as per first time tinz

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
symbian03:

God bless

Thanks a lot my Brother, I really appreciate in advance. I have already PMed you but no response yet; I will PM you again right now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.