Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1045907 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nwokeomajayb:

I don't understand why you'll say No.
but dude you shouldn't be asking some ill question here. What does that had to do with your studies. Every country you enter as an immigrate must stamp you in nah. Kai pple go kill person with question here.

Abeg if you're coming to Sydney I'll reckon you to prepare yourself very well. Just budget like $2k for car that's if you really want to work. Every other thing apart from huz rent na smalls
thanks. Actually, it's my first time. I am not coming to study. I am coming to work. I just wanted to get some facts. In less than 4 months time, I should be in Australia by the grace of God.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
[quote author=nwakibie3 post=54080876]

Pls where did u do ur medicals and what tests are required to be carried out?[/quote

Medical was done at Fatai Williams Clinic and they carried out urinalysis and complete medical examination
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CorrectPikiN: 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
[quote author=JewelStone post=54034604]
If you really want to do your homework well, you should have read my recent posts, the part you quoted has answers to most of your questions cos I stated how I got my jobs and accommodation. There's nothing like 'very cheap room' in Sydney, even if you want to live 50kms from Sydney CBD, it's still expensive! That's the reality. But if you check gumtree.com.au, there are pockets of areas that are slightly cheaper, depending on your campus, job and where you want live. Your friends can help with ur resume, but if you don't have friends here, I'm happy to help when you arrive. Don't worry it's safe, you won't fall into wrong hands if you have common sense.
I obviously can't give out my contact details to everyone, only select few who I think are serious minded!

[b]

Can I have your E-mail address because I will like your assistant regarding C.V and other things as I can't boost of any friend in Australia.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 12:10am On Feb 28, 2017
MissHillz:
Hello good people!
Been reading through this thread since I got introduced to it last week and I deeply appreciate all the infos i've gathered so far.

Pls I have a couple of questions... I plan to travel to Aussie for studies in July but I'm yet to start processing my admission; I'm looking to change the name on my Int'l passport to include my hubby's own so he can be granted spousal visa. Can I apply for the admission with my current passport and then notify the school when the new one is ready so it can be updated and used in the COE? I was told the new passport will take about 6-8weeks to be ready.

Yes you can apply for the for admission with your old passport. Remember to include your partner's name on the list of people who will be traveling with you, then inform them when your new passport comes out so they can reissue you a new ecoe.

Secondly, is it true UNSW doesn't grant Masters of Social Works to Int'l students? I got my first degree (3.33GPA) from Uniben in Int'l Studies & Diplomacy. I'm interested in AL1 schools in Sydney (Social Works or International Law)

I doubt they won't be enrolling international students for master of counselling social work. If you have your first degree in international studies and diplomacy, what is the correlationship with social work? I think you would have to have studies a degree in social work to gain admission in master' of social work.
Look for a course related to your first degree or go for an undergraduate degree in social work.

Pls kindly help a sis out. Cc @WESTAFRICAN
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 28, 2017
Hello house,
Please is their anyone who know someone/ by his or herself, paid the first semester tuition and self sponsored himself working par time in an Australian university?
Want to know if it's doable
https://www.nairaland.com/bellong

Am looking @ QUT https://www.nairaland.com/jewelstone
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 1:41am On Feb 28, 2017
IHate9ja1:
Hello house,
Please is their anyone who know someone/ by his or herself, paid the first semester tuition and self sponsored himself working par time in an Australian university?
Want to know if it's doable
https://www.nairaland.com/bellong
Am looking @ QUT
I know a few who have done it and some who are still doing it. You have to be physically and mentally strong to achieve it. You have to be at school or work, thou you still get to sleep too.
Meanwhile, while you will need to look for employers who will not care much about your working rights in Australia. Hope that helps.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 1:48am On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=Vivienne01 post=54122542][/quote]
All medical examination is valid for 12months. If you choose to apply for PR before your Medicals expire, it will be ideal to do a chest x-ray and HIV. Reason is because it is way expensive in Australia. But you have to be sure you do be using it before it expires in 12 months.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 4:31am On Feb 28, 2017
IHate9ja1:

Thanks a lot! Very much helpful
https://www.nairaland.com/westafrican
PFL agents are coming in to port harcourt March 6th I intend to be at the venue
My question is, can HND be admitted for masters directly or I have to enroll for graduate diploma first?
If you are applying to study in UK I would say yes cos they introduced that system in Nigeria. Unfortunately, Australian system is different from that of UK sotherefore you may want to write your school in Australia to see if they recognize it for admission into master's program.
I think HND is equivalent to 2 years of Bsc. Stand to be corrected.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 28, 2017
WestAfrican:

If you are applying to study in UK I would say yes cos they introduced that system in Nigeria. Unfortunately, Australian system is different from that of UK sotherefore you may want to write your school in Australia to see if they recognize it for admission into master's program.
I think HND is equivalent to 2 years of Bsc. Stand to be corrected.
Okay
Adupe gan sir
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by MissHillz: 8:45am On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=WestAfrican post=54124704]

Thanks alot!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 8:53am On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=eosigwe post=54104924][/quote]

Yea it is
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by onyeji20: 10:23am On Feb 28, 2017
WestAfrican:

pls I have Bsc in Economics I want to applied for masters in social work qualifying at ACAP.pls is Economics en social work related?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by guadete: 10:23am On Feb 28, 2017
JewelStone:
@all
Please don't quote my long posts, just quote my name and I'll respond. Edit your posts if you've quoted already.
Gracias

can someone get visa grant to study diploma in nursing am currently offshore......and plz do u mind referring me to a diploma of nursing that will take 2years and the fee is considerable like 4k per semester in Sydney

thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nwakibie3(m): 10:36am On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=Vivienne01 post=54122542][/quote]

OK tnx
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by favouredme: 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
WestAfrican:

Flinders university has a graduate entry option for non social work gradautes. I.e you can gain a Masters qualification in social Work even if your BSc isn’t related to social work
http://www.flinders.edu.au/courses/rules/postgrad/msw/

graduates of courses listed here are eligible to for membership with Ausstrlian association of social workers
https://www.aasw.asn.au/careers-study/accredited-courses

a word of advise, always read the course information properly, check accreditation status and if it confers eligibility to register with the respective professional body,e.g there are some Master of nursing courses offered to international students which don’t confer eligibility to practice as a nurse in ~Australia. Same goes for teaching, for Masters level students, if you’re aiming to register with the Teaching professional organisation in Australia, then you should enrol on the master / post grad diploma of teaching and not EDUCATION

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
bblessed:
Please house
For those who used statement of accout for visa.Are we supposed to leave the money there until the visa is issued or we can withdraw the money after printing out our statement of account.
Thanks

Please someone should answer me
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
Wooooowwwwww God is great and greatly to be praise, after long long wait of tension and suspense God granted me this visa.
Vsa grant 28 Feb 2017
Lodgement 6th Feb
Med and bio 8th Feb
Bio again 27th Feb.
Its just God and prayers, house don't stop praying and believing God.
THANK YOU JESUS.

14 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ugomnaanny: 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
CJFLEX:
Wooooowwwwww God is great and greatly to be praise, after long long wait of tension and suspense God granted me this visa.
Vsa grant 28 Feb 2017
Lodgement 6th Feb
Med and bio 8th Feb
Bio again 27th Feb.
THANK YOU JESUS.
congrats

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ugomnaanny: 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hello house, pls I want to apply for a tourist/visitor visa to visit my brother, but would sponsor my trip for my durations in aussie (10days). I just got paid today and I intend to deposit d money in my personal bank acct (d one I would present at the embassy) can I deposit the money n still print my statement tmrw?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 4:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
CJFLEX:
Vsa grant 28 Feb 2017
Lodgement 6th Feb
Med and bio 8th Feb
Bio again 27th Feb.
THANK YOU JESUS.

Congrats bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
bblessed:

Please someone should answer me
To be on a saver side leave it there until the visa is out you know the embassy will contact the bank is better you leave it there
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kaylawesteros: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hello house,
Ive been an avid reader of this thread for a while and at this point i need professional advice.
i intend to use Fixed deposit for my student visa application, pls do i apply at the start of this fixed deposit or i wait till its matured before i apply.

Please help a sis.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diggy4real: 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
Anyone in Australia that can help me pay for EA assessment fee....will just credit his or her naija bank account.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2017
Solitin40:

To be on a saver side leave it there until the visa is out you know the embassy will contact the bank is better you leave it there

Ok thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
@ mctowel01, please I pm'd you,I have an enquiry to make.
Thank you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kenyata(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
At last, God did it! Halleluyah!

Visa Application: 6 Dec 2016
Institution: RMIT, Melbourne Australia.
Visa Grant: 28 Feb 2017

No Bank Statement. Submitted IELTS 6.5 (Academic)

I pray for the Visa hopefuls. Please house, what's the next step?

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Richardakpa: 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
Good evening house , I plan on going to Charles Sturt Uni (waga waga NSW)for a masters in Animal Science(1.5yrs). I thought it wise to ask the house if there are job prospects for animal scientist after schooling in Aussie and also if I'm qualified to apply for PR after my masters. Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.