Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046029 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 7:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
favouredme:

Flinders university has a graduate entry option for non social work gradautes. I.e you can gain a Masters qualification in social Work even if your BSc isn’t related to social work
http://www.flinders.edu.au/courses/rules/postgrad/msw/

graduates of courses listed here are eligible to for membership with Ausstrlian association of social workers
https://www.aasw.asn.au/careers-study/accredited-courses

a word of advise, always read the course information properly, check accreditation status and if it confers eligibility to register with the respective professional body,e.g there are some Master of nursing courses offered to international students which don’t confer eligibility to practice as a nurse in ~Australia. Same goes for teaching, for Masters level students, if you’re aiming to register with the Teaching professional organisation in Australia, then you should enrol on the master / post grad diploma of teaching and not EDUCATION

@misshillz
@onyeji20
Favouredme has shared a link to Flinders university. They do not require you to have an undergraduate degree in social work inorder to gain admission into master's in social work.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 8:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
ugomnaanny:
Hello house, pls I want to apply for a tourist/visitor visa to visit my brother, but would sponsor my trip for my durations in aussie (10days). I just got paid today and I intend to deposit d money in my personal bank acct (d one I would present at the embassy) can I deposit the money n still print my statement tmrw?
It will be nice to present your salary bank account so they know you are employed. You can also choose to transfer money from your salary bank account into your personal bank account but make sure you present the two bank statements as evidence. Also include documents as ID, employment offer letter, payslips

Kaylawesteros:
Hello house,
Ive been an avid reader of this thread for a while and at this point i need professional advice.
i intend to use Fixed deposit for my student visa application, pls do i apply at the start of this fixed deposit or i wait till its matured before i apply.

Please help a sis.
You need to ask yourself when does my school commence? And when does my fixed deposit mature?
If your fixed deposit is the only statement you will be presenting to the embassy and your maturity date is far from your school commencement date.
If you are applying for undergraduate degree or master you may not need to present a bank statement when applying until you are asked to do so.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ellitexas: 8:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
Welcome to QUT. Its best you get on the flight immediately and start coming cos school has kicked off.
Wishing you all da very best bro.

CJFLEX:
Wooooowwwwww God is great and greatly to be praise, after long long wait of tension and suspense God granted me this visa.
Vsa grant 28 Feb 2017
Lodgement 6th Feb
Med and bio 8th Feb
Bio again 27th Feb.
Its just God and prayers, house don't stop praying and believing God.
THANK YOU JESUS.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ugomnaanny: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=WestAfrican post=54149672]
It will be nice to present your salary bank account so they know you are employed. You can also choose to transfer money from your salary bank account into your personal bank account but make sure you present the two bank statements as evidence. Also include documents as ID, employment offer letter, payslips thnks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
ellitexas:
Welcome to QUT. Its best you get on the flight immediately and start coming cos school has kicked off.
Wishing you all da very best bro.

I AM ON IT WILL BE THERE THIS WEEKEND. SEE YOU THERE. CONTACT ME SO THAT WE WILL MEET. DID YOU GET DOLLAR AT THE AIRPORT?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Richardakpa: 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
please I would love a response
Richardakpa:
Good evening house , I plan on going to Charles Sturt Uni (waga waga NSW)for a masters in Animal Science(1.5yrs). I thought it wise to ask the house if there are job prospects for animal scientist after schooling in Aussie and also if I'm qualified to apply for PR after my masters. Thank you very much
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
Richardakpa:
please I would love a response

You need to search for animal scientist jobs in Australia to see if there are available jobs for you and if you meet up with their requirements.
Follow this link https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

Click on skilled occupational list and Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List
To see if you can apply for PR after your studies.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 11:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
CJFLEX:
Wooooowwwwww God is great and greatly to be praise, after long long wait of tension and suspense God granted me this visa.
Vsa grant 28 Feb 2017
Lodgement 6th Feb
Med and bio 8th Feb
Bio again 27th Feb.
Its just God and prayers, house don't stop praying and believing God.
THANK YOU JESUS.

Congrats
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Vivienne01(f): 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
And HE made all things beautiful in HIS time. God is too faithful to fail me. Thank you Lord!

Institution: University of Technology Sydney
Visa application: 3rd February 2017(online)
Medicals: 6th February 2017 (Fatai Williams Clinic, Lagos)
Biometrics: 7th February 2017(Etiebets place, Lagos)
Agent: PFL (portharcourt )
Waiting Time: 21 days
Visa Granted: 28th February 2017

Thank you Jesus!

7 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 12:06am On Mar 01, 2017
Vivienne01:
And HE made all things beautiful in HIS time. God is too faithful to fail me. Thank you Lord!

Thank you Jesus!
congrats, glory be to GOD
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diego2015(m): 12:27am On Mar 01, 2017
ugomnaanny:
congrats
congrats bro, I want to apply for my student visa tommorrow,my brother is my sponsor. Hope they still accept that type of sponsorship. Kindly assist me pls
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diego2015(m): 12:49am On Mar 01, 2017
Clusesigna:
Hello guys . Been a silent observer my self...tho I made an application before coming across this threads. Still thought to was right to post my success. As we are all Nigerian and we need to help "genuine" visa seekers so our name will remain drama free in this world of trump etc lol

Visa application : 1st Feb . Medical front loaded
Grant : 22nd Feb
After an argonising few weeks of waiting I finally got the response I expected.

Anyone have an idea how Brisbane is in terms of jobs etc.

School resumes on the 27th, but might be late by a day or so. Ask any question u wish I will gladely reply. Thanks guys
congrats bro, I want to lodge my application tomorrow but I'm a bit confusedbon the issue of sponsor, is it true they don't accept brother as sponsor anymore, because my brother is the one sponsoring me. Got admitted to chatter Australia.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diego2015(m): 1:00am On Mar 01, 2017
Vivienne01:

Visa Granted: 28th February 2017.

Thank you Jesus!
congrats bro, I want to apply for my visa online tomorrow, please I want to know if they still accept brother as a sponsor because my brother is the one sponsoring me and his statement of account is what I will use. Thanks I need clarification on this.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 01, 2017
@ https://www.nairaland.com/westafrican
Greetings to you sir
Since I haven't gotten any admission offer from the colleges in canada,i intend to attend the upcoming expo by pfl come March 6th here in ph.
In my HND I studied Environmental health but presently I intend and prefer to study occupational health and safety, am also thinking of starting all over from Bsc level since I need a bachelors degree to apply for post graduate degree which I do not have.
What's the best way forward here? Should I go ahead and start over again @ UG level?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ilias2: 2:02am On Mar 01, 2017
diego2015:
congrats bro, I want to lodge my application tomorrow but I'm a bit confusedbon the issue of sponsor, is it true they don't accept brother as sponsor anymore, because my brother is the one sponsoring me. Got admitted to chatter Australia.

Ur brother can sponsor you. .. my bro sponsored mine and it worked.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ellitexas: 2:18am On Mar 01, 2017
Let me hv ur nigerian number so i can give you a call.

CJFLEX:
I AM ON IT WILL BE THERE THIS WEEKEND. SEE YOU THERE. CONTACT ME SO THAT WE WILL MEET. DID YOU GET DOLLAR AT THE AIRPORT?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diego2015(m): 4:02am On Mar 01, 2017
Ilias2:

Ur brother can sponsor you. .. my bro sponsored mine and it worked.
thank you. Is there anyway I can't contact you privately
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 4:55am On Mar 01, 2017
Congrats cjflex,Vivienne and kenyata

4 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CJFLEX: 5:00am On Mar 01, 2017
ellitexas:
Let me hv ur nigerian number so i can give you a call.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by diego2015(m): 5:38am On Mar 01, 2017
bikky215:

Thank God I received my Visa Grant today the 16th of February. application submitted on the 2nd of February, medicals on the 1st of February and biometrics on the 3rd. I will be traveling to Melbourne next week Thursday or Friday and I haven't booked my ticket. Please house, what's the cheapest flight from Lagos to Melbourne?
big congrats, please how did you pay for your visa fee
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kaylawesteros: 11:07am On Mar 01, 2017
WestAfrican:

You need to ask yourself when does my school commence? And when does my fixed deposit mature?
If your fixed deposit is the only statement you will be presenting to the embassy and your maturity date is far from your school commencement date.
If you are applying for undergraduate degree or master you may not need to present a bank statement when applying until you are asked to do so.
Thank plenty. Please does the 3 months consecutive holding of deposit in an account still applies? cos i cant find it on the Documentary evidence of financial capacity page
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omoluabiguy: 12:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Is it possible to get admission without going through the agents? I'm just curious
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ellitexas: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
Buddy i tried calling u but didnt pick, tried some minutes ago but its switched off. Check your call log, u should see my contact number. Let me know when you arrive brisbane.

CJFLEX:
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Any one coming to Sydney

Precisely western Sydney unsw,Macquarie University and others hit me up

I can be of great help to you
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by valoskey(m): 6:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
almost 15,000 AUD
michV:
how much did they tell you to pay?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bblessed: 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
Please who needs Naira in exchange for Aud.please i need 5000 Aud.
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kunlenchy: 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
steamaje:
Any one coming to Sydney

Precisely western Sydney unsw,Macquarie University and others hit me up

I can be of great help to you

Hello bro, I am coming to Macquarie university next week. Please tell me what assistance can you render.

Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
Kaylawesteros:
Thank plenty. Please does the 3 months consecutive holding of deposit in an account still applies? cos i cant find it on the Documentary evidence of financial capacity page
It's case by case basis. If you can explain in a simple letter how you got the money as a fixed deposit I don't think it will matter if it's only been there for a few weeks. Again your other bank statement will help buttress your claim.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Churkie: 1:15am On Mar 02, 2017
[quote author=mzjennypher post=53984857][/quote]

Hi, I got an offer to study Msc. Petroleum Engineering at UNSW for Semester 2. I intend to pay the $6000 tuition and $1338.4 OSHC ($600/year for 2 yrs plus 2 months after studies) before month end.

I would be sponsored by my family. Although I'm also on the lookout for scholarships. Please feel free to help a brother if you have info on any available one.

Secondly, I need any info I can get on visa application ( though I intend to use PFL), fees and settling in Aussie. What is the school like,I hope Aussies are not racists.

Finally what do you think about my course of study.

I will really appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by CorrectPikiN: 1:28am On Mar 02, 2017
Vivienne01:

Thank you Jesus!

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 2:35am On Mar 02, 2017
send me a mail steamaje@gmail.com
kunlenchy:

Hello bro, I am coming to Macquarie university next week. Please tell me what assistance can you render.

Cheers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by steamaje: 2:37am On Mar 02, 2017
Any brilliant mind want to do a PhD in Health?Gender

We need Nigerians here. You could get a scholarship

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.