Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,766 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari (39551 Views)

Lagos Lg Poll: Ward Chairman On The Run, After Collecting, Shared Aspirant’s N3m / Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG / Rivers LG Poll: APC Leads In 22 Out Of 23 Councils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by ibietela2(m): 12:16am On May 27, 2015
My eyes don tire, i need to sleep....... Good morning guys
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:17am On May 27, 2015
francizy:

Hehehe, nothing do you. But mind you, you can't run away from your shadow

Those you don't want will keep suffocating you while those you admire, will be after someone who doesn't value them...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Nobody: 12:19am On May 27, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Those you don't want will keep suffocating you while those you admire, will be after someone who doesn't value them...

That's the life and it's irony. ..
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by homesteady(m): 12:20am On May 27, 2015
Like seriously? this is so embarrassing!
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:22am On May 27, 2015
datribune:

GMB, Tinubu & Momodu did not change their principles. I'm not sure of El-rufai. If u think opening threads & writing posts on dis forum to try & convince others on something u urself don't believe in or ar not very sure of, is right, then goodluck. For me, if politicians do it, i condemn it then why should a Nairalander do it & i say it's okay.

Bro, check buhari of now and see he's 100% different from buhari of last year...All he stood for or represented has been changed or watered down by APC and his new friends...He's now talking from two sides of his mouth...Even the principled and forthright Odumakin had to shift and support Jonathan...
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by ibietela2(m): 12:23am On May 27, 2015
philips70:

My man I would want to see this happen in a free and well monitored elections but it all seems Wike is scared of it and many of his supporters see this prowess more than him. Truth is he knows it's not as most of you think. I followed most of the campaigns in Rivers and the hatred for Amaechi seemed too exaggerated. I was in Rivers most of the campaign period.

You mean Port Harcourt? Or the 23 LGAs?
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:23am On May 27, 2015
dearpreye:

That's the life and it's irony. ..
Albeit painful
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by francizy(m): 12:24am On May 27, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Hehehehehe, irony of life bro.. I've been in that situation and best thing is to move on! No time to hang on to something that will never be fruitful. Also, when it's time, that right person will come or why not try liking those who like you..
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Nobody: 12:24am On May 27, 2015
homesteady:
Like seriously? this is so embarrassing!

Good to have you here Bro. We're defeating Bilbao on Saturday. ...

Amaechi is messing up!!!
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Nobody: 12:26am On May 27, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Albeit painful

Yeah. We've seen all those.....but somehow the better option appears soon...
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by philips70(m): 12:27am On May 27, 2015
ibietela2:

You mean Port Harcourt? Or the 23 LGAs?

Stay off my mentions. You are too dull to get the import of that comment.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:28am On May 27, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehehe, irony of life bro.. I've been in that situation and best thing is to move on! No time to hang on to something that will never be fruitful. Also, when it's time, that right person will come or why not try liking those who like you..

Last part of your post; if you understand me, you will know that I will be a terror or nightmare to whoever I am managing or tolerating...hence don't need someone cursing me for now cheesygrin...anyway, I am happy and comfortable... just wanted to allow some nerves to calm down...I will bounce back maybe tomorrow cheesy
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Nobody: 12:30am On May 27, 2015
Opiaoku this is what happen to any one that doesn't mind their business. After1 warned u but u were claiming boss, see as the guy used insult finish your life. Go and buried your face in shame because I just can't stop having a good laugh. @After1, plss enough of the insult. Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by homesteady(m): 12:30am On May 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Good to have you here Bro. We're defeating Bilbao on Saturday. ...
Amaechi is messing up!!!
Sure!
He is really messing up, and it's quite shocking that people are supporting him!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:30am On May 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Yeah. We've seen all those.....but somehow the better option appears soon...

Amen...goodnight boss...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Nobody: 12:36am On May 27, 2015
homesteady:

Sure!

He is really messing up, and it's quite shocking that people are supporting him!

Blame the complex human nature....
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Nobody: 12:36am On May 27, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Amen...goodnight boss...
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by datribune: 12:44am On May 27, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, check buhari of now and see he's 100% different from buhari of last year...All he stood for or represented has been changed or watered down by APC and his new friends...He's now talking from two sides of his mouth...Even the principled and forthright Odumakin had to shift and support Jonathan...

Buhari is d same. If being a team player is what u term change or watered down then i think u a wrong because even in his first stint as a military head of state he was a team player who knew dat d buck stops on his table. d people talking from both sides of their mouths ar people like Odumakin. What could Odumakin of old hav in common wit GEJ?. Don't be deceived we used to think Abati & Odumakin, two of GEJ's staunchest critics were sincere but we now know better. I'd hav thought dis ar d guys u will be criticizing instead of me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by PassingShot(m): 3:49am On May 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Conspicuously missing!
You made this post at 12:15 am Nigerian time. Even if all NLers were based in Nigeria, shouldn't you expect that not all will be wake-keepers?

If you read the thread from beginning, you'd see that I had made my contribution to it.

1 Like

Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by PassingShot(m): 4:20am On May 27, 2015
ibietela2:

All of you HYPOCRITES then, Agreed?
How? I have not said that Amaechi should not be probed or anything similar.

How is pointing out someone's hypocrisy makes you an hypocrite?

Na wa for you o.

1 Like

Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:16am On May 27, 2015
datribune:

Buhari is d same. If being a team player is what u term change or watered down then i think u a wrong because even in his first stint as a military head of state he was a team player who knew dat d buck stops on his table. d people talking from both sides of their mouths ar people like Odumakin. What could Odumakin of old hav in common wit GEJ?. Don't be deceived we used to think Abati & Odumakin, two of GEJ's staunchest critics were sincere but we now know better. I'd hav thought dis ar d guys u will be criticizing instead of me.
Blame material rewards for what Abati and Odumakin became. Blame sheer bigotry for what most of the GEJites on the forum do.
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Nobody: 5:32am On May 27, 2015
PassingShot:

You made this post at 12:15 am Nigerian time. Even if all NLers were based in Nigeria, shouldn't you expect that not all will be wake-keepers?

If you read the thread from beginning, you'd see that I had made my contribution to it.

You get mouth!!!!! Good morning, Bro! !!!
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by PassingShot(m): 5:40am On May 27, 2015
dearpreye:

You get mouth!!!!! Good morning, Bro! !!!

LWKMD here!!! My mouth no reach your own nah!

Good morning. Have a nice day at work!
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Nobody: 5:42am On May 27, 2015
PassingShot:

LWKMD here!!! My mouth no reach your own nah!

Good morning. Have a nice day at work!

I dey learn where you dey.....I expected you to wriggle your way out, and you didn't fail!!!!!

Finished my shift cycle. ...Resting till Sunday morning. .....Good morning Bro!
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:46am On May 27, 2015
Benzzle:
so from 2007-2011 while wike was ssG...amaechi was a saint? and from 2011-2015 when wike left...amaechi became a thief? can you see how stupid you are?
Ameachi worked in his first term,even you know it!
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by mandhi(m): 6:00am On May 27, 2015
barcanista:
Honestly, I don't know what outgoing Governor Amaechi and his praise singers seek to achieve by deliberately creating atmosphere of anarchy and trying to give "a sham" a new look.

One Year No Council Election
For ONE YEAR Governor Chibuike Amaechi and the Rivers state Independent electoral commission deliberately refused to conduct Local Government election after the expiration of the then incumbents' tenure. Instead of election, Amaechi constituted illegal Caretaker Committee for each of the 22 out of 23 LGA.(http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/rivers-amaechi-dissolves-21-local-councils/)

"No 90 Days Notice"
Statutorily, the Chairman of RSIEC Prof Augustine Ahiazu is to give a minimum of 90 day notice to all political parties prior to conducting LG election in Rivers state. This is to enable interested parties to prepare, conduct primaries, campaign and mobilise for vote. Instead of towing the path of the law, Prof Ahiazu the RSIEC Chairman on April 27, 2015 announced May 23, 2015 as the date for LG poll, which fell short of the 90-day notice and clearly illegal.

PDP and Amachi's Reaction
PDP rejected the so called poll and drew the attention of RSIEC that the law mandates the electoral commission to give a 90 day notice. It then went to the Federal High Court, Portharcourt division to stop the charade.

Amaechi on the other hand justified the RSIEC charade without recourse to the law. From his statement, it was clear that he was acting a script.

(www.punchng.com/news/amaechi-defends-risiec-says-lg-polls-can-hold/)

Court Adjourned, Orders Status Quo Be Maintaing
PDP approached the Federal High Court to restrain INEC, RSIEC and Rivers state government from conducting the charade. The Rivers SIEC, APC and Rivers state government were hell-bent on the charade, they ran to Court of Appeal to challenge the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court in hearing the suit filed by PDP. Justice Lambo Akanbi of the FHC adjourned the matter pending the outcome of the suit before the Appeal Court and rule that STATUS QUO ANTE be maintained.

INEC Complied With Ruling:
According to INEC Admin Secretary(Rivers), Mr Roy Oburu..
(www.punchng.com/news/inec-denies-releasing-rivers-voters-register-to-rsiec/)

RSIEC, APC And Amaechi Charade
Despite the court restraint and the non availability of voters register from INEC (which is statutory), Amaechi through his puppet Prof Ahiazu went ahead with the charade and wasted almost N3 billion of Rivers state's scarce resources. They Allocated phantom results to themselves and the Governor in a public display of shame went ahead to swear in the product of the charade.

The Hypocritical APC, Buhari and "Right Activists"
In their usual hypocritical manner, the APC, President-elect Buhari and self titled "Right Activists" refused to condemn this open rape of democracy and the deliberate ploy to cause breakdown of law and order by Governor Amaechi, the APC and Prof Ahiazu. Is this the kind of change that APC is bringing where impunity is made sacred as long as they are the perpetrators?

The 3W Question:
What is the legitimacy of conducting an election without giving the statutory 90 day notice to political parties?

Where is the legitimacy in going ahead with LG poll despite court order to maintain status quo?

Where is the legitimacy in conducting election without INEC voters register which is statutory? Which register was used for the charade?

Source: http://www.solomontonye.com/2015/05/rivers-lg-poll-impunity-and-arrogance.html
My good friend, pls read this article. Mutual assured restoration by senate elect Ben Bruce.
Thank u. Aw far barcanista, long tym, where u go hide.
http://nigeria.newsi.ng/news/391219-ben-murray-bruce-buhari-oil-and-mutually-assured-restoration
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by francizy(m): 6:02am On May 27, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Last part of your post; if you understand me, you will know that I will be a terror or nightmare to whoever I am managing or tolerating...hence don't need someone cursing me for now cheesygrin...anyway, I am happy and comfortable... just wanted to allow some nerves to calm down...I will bounce back maybe tomorrow cheesy

LoL, guy, me no dey stress my self oh, and I hate begging too. We might have some things in common. The drill is, get involved, have yourself plenty of people to gist with and care less about those who don't give a hoot about you, then you're good to go. At the beginning, you might do some stalking, which is normal but with time, the person fades away from your memory and you're good to go! cheesy
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:19am On May 27, 2015
dearpreye:

I dey learn where you dey.....I expected you to wriggle your way out, and you didn't fail!!!!!

Finished my shift cycle. ...Resting till Sunday morning. .....Good morning Bro!
Happy I didn't disappoint you. grin

So na "enzoyment" you dey be dat nah. Enough Nairalanding especially in romance section. Sha do quick carry one enter house.
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by Nobody: 6:22am On May 27, 2015
PassingShot:

Happy I didn't disappoint you. grin

So na "enzoyment" you dey be dat nah. Enough Nairalanding especially in romance section. Sha do quick carry one enter house.

You're NOT serious. It's enjoyment. .......There's NO 'J' in my Izon alphabet. ...spare me......

Romance section? I dey reach there sha......awon omo ti kpoju there. ...
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by opiaoku: 6:30am On May 27, 2015
sameer1212:
Opiaoku this is what happen to any one that doesn't mind their business. After1 warned u but u were claiming boss, see as the guy used insult finish your life. Go and buried your face in shame because I just can't stop having a good laugh. @After1, plss enough of the insult. Cheers!

are you talking about the shameless bingo or are you to his brother from the same harlot mother

trying harder to hype the fallen and frustrated bingo jrn a product of dog's sperm

btw

otu nne i grin
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by ibietela2(m): 6:38am On May 27, 2015
PassingShot:

How? I have not said that Amaechi should not be probed or anything similar.

How is pointing out someone's hypocrisy makes you an hypocrite?

Na wa for you o.

Everyone knows you are one
Re: Rivers LG Poll: Impunity And Arrogance Of Amaechi, Hypocrisy Of Apc/buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:39am On May 27, 2015
ibietela2:

Everyone knows you are one
Ok.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Obasanjo Commissions School Of Nursing & Midwifery In Makurdi, Benue State (pics / Oshiomhole Dumped By Buhari Ministers, Appointees, South-South Leaders -Vanguard / Pictures From Buhari’s Campaign Rally In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.