Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,316 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... (43922 Views)

5 Ways To Keep Your Home Safe When You Travel For christmas / 5 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia / 12 Types Of People You Meet When Travelling By Bus In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by nairamaniac: 2:04pm On May 30, 2015
ethicalUser:

ThankGod say I Don relocate
hahahahah! nothing do you. you shall be safe and would prosper wherever u are.
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 30, 2015
akpumping7720:

My question for you is this: the past and present Ooni of Ife(excluding the founder; Oduduwa) are they direct descendant of oduduwa or not? And did you know that Oranmiyan founded Oyo and became the first 'Alafin' at the same time direct affairs in 'Ile-Ife' from his palace at Oyo. Do you even know the meaning of 'Alafin'? Oranmiyan was suppose to be the crown king of 'Ile-Ife' but he chose to govern from Oyo and appointed 'Adimula' to oversee things in 'Ile-Ife' and bring him report.
Boss! Make I stop here for now. But I would like u to reply my first question.
Ode ni guy yi sha. All the present 4 ruling houses in Ife descended from the line of Oranmiyan. The 1st Alaafin of Oyo who also was the 6th ooni of ife. If the throne of Oyo was so important, why did oranmiyan return back to Ife to fight for the throne of the ooni if not that it was superior to that of Oyo He should have stayed in Oyo, katunga, Niger state, a lesser kingdom and died there nahh. It seems your brain is filled with Mucus.... that's why you are arguing like a robot.
akpumping7720:

The Old Oyo empire is the capital base of the Yoruba kingdom. When they call someone 'Iku baba yeye' in Yorubaland; Alase ikeje Orisa; it has a significant meaning.
See as u just dey dribble yaself. Ooni is the Orisa... while Alaafin is the igba keji orisa. Thanks for clarifying that. And if you don't know, Ooni also has the iku baba yeye in his title too.

And Adimula aka Olofin Adimula is also Oduduwa. Your knowledge on Yoruba history is next to zero.
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by calista1234(f): 2:28pm On May 30, 2015
:oOnisha is the capital of anambra state? Bros abeg ooo
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 30, 2015
sweetgala:

What if I show you this to ponder on !
Nice picture. Saved already for reference purposes. Alaafin, youngest grandson can't even look at the Ooni in the face. He had to bow to receive his certificate of occupancy.
That must be the same time the newly installed Alaafin newly collected his sword of office.
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by sweetgala(m): 3:27pm On May 30, 2015
saxywale:

Nice picture. Saved already for reference purposes. Alaafin, youngest grandson can't even look at the Ooni in the face. He had to bow to receive his certificate of occupancy.
That must be the same time the newly installed Alaafin newly collected his sword of office.

In general I can't conclude , and I'll not claim to know history but, the stories of the future are built from the actions of today.
So by that analogy one can conclude Aderemi acquired the honour , respect, influence and power which Sijuawade can't express today irrespective of the claim to the stoole of Oduduwa
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by bigfrancis21: 4:09pm On May 30, 2015
Jovago:
They are powerful and revered. They consider themselves to be the next in command after God. Hence, their orders are supreme. Interestingly, their reign is throughout their lifetime. In other words, it is hereditary. So don’t be surprised if hear that a traditional ruler in Nigeria is as old as 90 years or beyond! Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 Hotel Booking Portal identifies five first-class rulers amongst many others from every part of the country.

OBI OF ONITSHA

Onitsha is the capital of Anambra state and also one of the commercial cities in the Eastern heartland. His Royal Highness Obi Igwe Nnayelugo Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe is the Obi of Onitsha and the Chairman of the Anambra State Council of Traditional Rulers. He has spent about 14 years on the throne. He was born on May 14, 1941.

@bold...Onitsha isn't the capital of Anambra state but the commercial capital of Anambra state. Awka is the capital of Anambra state.
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by Tex42(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2015
@op, pls when next you post infos online,make sure you confirm the authenticity of that info before posting.

Onitsha is not the capital of Anambra state,Awka is the capital of Anambra state.you may want to make corrects now.
thank you.
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by akpumping7720(m): 5:09pm On May 30, 2015
saxywale:

Ode ni guy yi sha. All the present 4 ruling houses in Ife descended from the line of Oranmiyan. The 1st Alaafin of Oyo who also was the 6th ooni of ife. If the throne of Oyo was so important, why did oranmiyan return back to Ife to fight for the throne of the ooni if not that it was superior to that of Oyo He should have stayed in Oyo, katunga, Niger state, a lesser kingdom and died there nahh. It seems your brain is filled with Mucus.... that's why you are arguing like a robot.

See as u just dey dribble yaself. Ooni is the Orisa... while Alaafin is the igba keji orisa. Thanks for clarifying that. And if you don't know, Ooni also has the iku baba yeye in his title too.

And Adimula aka Olofin Adimula is also Oduduwa. Your knowledge on Yoruba history is next to zero.
He be like say craze dey worry u for head. Who are u referring to as 'ode'? Never in your life label me such again nor abuse me like dis again. I repeat never in your life. Did I abuse u or talk to you in any rude manner. Pls don't provoke me, we are on this forum to learn and not to provoke one another. Pls I take God beg u. For the fact that we are sharing ideas here doesn't mean we have the right to insult one another, state ur arguements and I state mine. And if you aren't satisfy with my analysis, ignore my comments and move on. I don't know if u are a yoruba or not, u are part of those that makes other tribes see we yorubas as 'tout' coz of the way we respond to arguement. Pls respect yourself.
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by EmekaBlue(m): 5:29pm On May 30, 2015
ok
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by 400billionman: 6:29pm On May 30, 2015
opal4real:

Go to market to buy ur GENERATION or what? stupider than stupid comment.

Mental problem..
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by tpiadotcom: 7:37pm On May 30, 2015
Antivirus92:
akwa d capital of anambra? you're even worse than d op

according to wiki, Awka is the capital of Anambra.
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 30, 2015
sweetgala:

In general I can't conclude , and I'll not claim to know history but, the stories of the future are built from the actions of today.
So by that analogy one can conclude Aderemi acquired the honour , respect, influence and power which Sijuawade can't express today irrespective of the claim to the stoole of Oduduwa
I don't care who occupies(i.e the person) whichever thrones be it the Ooni or Alaafin or Olowu. All I am after is that people stop distorting history because they hate the personality of whoever occupies a throne at the moment. The thrones were there before Adeyemi or Sijuwade. Ife was already in existence before the arrival of Oduduwa, Ife had Obas before the arrival of Oduduwa if we were to refer to Ifa corpus. Itapa festival in Ile-ife confirms this. The present day inhabitants of Ifon-Osun would tell you they were and are never descendants of Oduduwa but Obatala. They Obalufons who became Obas after the demise of Oduduwa are descendants of Obatala. It was after the re-arrival of Oranmiyan to occupy the throne of his father that they fled to their present day Ifon Osun in Orolu LGA, Osun. It's no surprise many names and referral about Obalufon exist in Ife till date. That is another story for another day.

Further more, these thrones are the rightful properties of ruling houses not just one family. When people have hatred or dislike towards Sijuwade, the annoying thing is the way they go about dragging the throne in the mud. It's very insulting. People can go ahead and attack Sijuwade but should leave the throne of Ife and distortion of Yoruba history out of it including whether it's superior or not. That is why I am in support of royal houses electing educated Oba's on the throne, apology to Adeyemi.

akpumping7720:

He be like say craze dey worry u for head. Who are u referring to as 'ode'? Never in your life label me such again nor abuse me like dis again. I repeat never in your life. Did I abuse u or talk to you in any rude manner. Pls don't provoke me, we are on this forum to learn and not to provoke one another. Pls I take God beg u. For the fact that we are sharing ideas here doesn't mean we have the right to insult one another, state ur arguements and I state mine. And if you aren't satisfy with my analysis, ignore my comments and move on. I don't know if u are a yoruba or not, u are part of those that makes other tribes see we yorubas as 'tout' coz of the way we respond to arguement. Pls respect yourself.
Sorry if I upset you but I am allergic to stupidity and knock sense into people's head via words if they keep distorting truth and facts. That has nothing to do with tribe. Pick up a book, read and use google for research purposes and not just arguing blindly. Thank you.
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by sweetgala(m): 10:06pm On May 30, 2015
saxywale:

I don't care who occupies(i.e the person) whichever thrones be it the Ooni or Alaafin or Olowu. All I am after is that people stop distorting history because they hate the personality of whoever occupies a throne at the moment. The thrones were there before Adeyemi or Sijuwade. Ife was already in existence before the arrival of Oduduwa, Ife had Obas before the arrival of Oduduwa if we were to refer to Ifa corpus. Itapa festival in Ile-ife confirms this. The present day inhabitants of Ifon-Osun would tell you they were and are never descendants of Oduduwa but Obatala. They Obalufons who became Obas after the demise of Oduduwa are descendants of Obatala. It was after the re-arrival of Oranmiyan to occupy the throne of his father that they fled to their present day Ifon Osun in Orolu LGA, Osun. It's no surprise many names and referral about Obalufon exist in Ife till date. That is another story for another day.

Further more, these thrones are the rightful properties of ruling houses not just one family. When people have hatred or dislike towards Sijuwade, the annoying thing is the way they go about dragging the throne in the mud. It's very insulting. People can go ahead and attack Sijuwade but should leave the throne of Ife and distortion of Yoruba history out of it including whether it's superior or not. That is why I am in support of royal houses electing educated Oba's on the throne, apology to Adeyemi.

We can both agree that Ife history is both substantially greater than currently understood and mystic beyond common knowledge, that is why I said I can't conclude. I thought Adeyemi is adequately educated same as Sijuwade. Remember my brother education can not absolutely guarantee wisdom required to rule
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by Sammyjay4411(m): 10:05am On May 31, 2015
Where is Alaafin of Oyo
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by sleeksavbvy: 2:20pm On May 31, 2015
We all know that Awka is the Capital of Anambra. This must have been a mistake. I am sure it will be corrected!
wiseoneking:
Obi of onitsha may be great but he is different from others in that his own is not hereditary and igbos never venerate or worship their kings like others. They respect their kings but not to bow like other tribes
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by tpiadotcom: 5:23am On Jun 01, 2015
sweetgala:

We can both agree that Ife history is both substantially greater than currently understood and mystic beyond common knowledge, that is why I said I can't conclude. I thought Adeyemi is adequately educated same as Sijuwade. Remember my brother education can not absolutely guarantee wisdom required to rule

I believe Ooni is referred to as the spiritual head and Alaafin the generalisimo.

Is there really a need to argue the matter.
Re: 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
400billionman:

Mental problem..

Some mothers do have them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghastly Auto Crash Close To Obalende, Lagos / Man Shows The Outdoor Camp Occupied By Hundreds Of Nigerians In Dublin (video) / Obituary Of A Family Killed In Accident In Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.