Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity (19941 Views)

My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time / My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by PurestBoy(m): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2009
Woodpecker:

U only have to look @ their wo-wo faces to know y they're still virgins, its obviously due to a lack of opportunities. grin

Infact they are more than wowo, I wonder what kind of sane man will go for any of them
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by hollandis(f): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2009
PurestBoy:

Infact they are more than wowo, I wonder what kind of sane man will go for any of them

开幕用 angry功偌有是中 草the 药girls 中are囝主ok
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Phemzy(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2009
@OsunAmazon

They test their breasts for finger prints and their mouths for any trace of male DNA.

LOL shocked

jamace:

Hmm. These gurls are now in trouble. They have been exposed for some naughty inquisitive guys who will want to confirm their virginity. God have mercy on my innocent gurls.

LOL shocked
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by zeeno(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2009
D only way i know dat can be use to test if a girl is a virgin, is by putin a white cloth on bed and bring a able man to test her 4 virginity. Abi the doctor use stick or waiting d doctor use to test dem.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Epi: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2009
debosky:

So people need awards to 'promote' virginity?

If you lack the common sense to do the right thing or were not educated, what you need is education not awards.

Some deluded people might begin to engage in backdoor activity in order to remain eligible for 'miss virginity'.
Mustay:

Exactly

Darling

So there is a family portrait in an expensive beautiful frame.  I think you guys are looking at the frame rather than the picture.  I see Miss Virginity as getting the message across to females and hopefully males. . . . . especially teenagers.  Promoting virginity is a good idea.  If a Pageant show is the best way to get the message across to the communities – then so be it.  Also, parents and Government should continue to do their part by educating their children to be more responsible especially in this day and age - AIDS, the number one killer in the world.  Promoting virginity should not come at the cost of education only but other methods hence I see no problem with Miss Virginity.  Plus, pageant shows have long lasting effect than just reading it on a piece of paper (personal opinion) but I stand to be corrected.  And if you ask me, I think the goernment should use this (miss virginity) as a campaign to help prevent teenage pregnancies and STDs

I think being a virgin till the night of marriage is something to look forward to

You go girls!!!  Big Up
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by smurf1(f): 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2009
Congrats to the virgins oh, i guess they are tynna empower young women, nofin wrong wiff that! smiley
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by debosky(m): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2009
epi:

Darling

So there is a family portrait in an expensive beautiful frame.  I think you guys are looking at the frame rather than the picture.  I see Miss Virginity as getting the message across to females and hopefully males. . . . . especially teenagers.  Promoting virginity is a good idea.  If a Pageant show is the best way to get the message across to the communities – then so be it.  Also, parents and Government should continue to do their part by educating their children to be more responsible especially in this day and age - AIDS, the number one killer in the world.  Promoting virginity should not come at the cost of education only but other methods hence I see no reason for Miss Virginity.  Plus, pageant shows have long lasting effect than just reading it on a piece of paper (personal opinion) but I stand to be corrected.  And if you ask me, I think the goernment should use this (miss virginity) as a campaign to help prevent teenage pregnancies and STDs

I think being a virgin till the night of marriage is something to look forward to

You go girls!!!  Big Up

No one is arguing with promoting virginity. This is the WRONG way to go about it. If you feel there is an 'award' for keeping your virginity, people will simply do other things that don't compromise virginity, but can still be dangerous in terms of infections and other ailments.

We don't need miss virginity. If these girls sleep around tomorrow, what then? Are they going to be tested weekly to ensure virginity?  undecided

I might as well go for the tournament, and then have sex afterwards. It proves nothing to me.

Could this money not be used to promote health education and the like? So what about the girls who 'failed' the virginity test? Now they will be ostracized for not being virgins. How is that empowering them? This award simply says, your value is based on the piece of skin in between your legs.
This system of differentiating people into virgins and non virgins will turn out to be discriminatory in the end.

No one is against being a virgin till the wedding night, but avoid undue focus on this and promote overall health and better decision making.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2009
debosky:

If you lack the common sense to do the right thing or were not educated, what you need is education not awards.

Some deluded people might begin to engage in backdoor activity in order to remain eligible for 'miss virginity'.

Why does anyone give awards for anything?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Okijajuju1(m): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2009
Those girls will only loose their virginity to blind men or a cucumber/vibrator.

I dont see those girls getting any dick in the future either.

Who wants to take up this birth.

Years after now, these girls will star in the Nigerian blockbuster "50 year old Virgins".  grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by codedguy1(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2009
debosky:

Debo, what are you trying to say now?

That some of the experienced NL babes will soon make TOKUNBO HYMEN their main priorities in life just to win this award. grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by fesse(f): 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2009
They are more beautiful than most gals here

exactly
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2009
@debosky,

people have always, and will continue to, discriminate based on differences of whatever shape or ideology. What exactly do you see wrong in this idea?

Some people were supporting the idea that children should be taught about sex and how to have sex safely, so what is wrong with peope being encouraged to abstain?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by JustGood(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2009
coded guy:

That some of the experienced NL babes will soon make TOKUNBO HYMEN their main priorities in life just to win this award. grin grin

No let them catch you o lipsrsealed
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by UNLEASHED(m): 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2009
eeww!!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by codedguy1(m): 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2009
JustGood:

No let them catch you o lipsrsealed

Catch me ke!!! Am only intepreting what debo said grin grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Shaunscot(m): 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2009
What about those that have re-engineered their virginity?
I mean those that have undergone hymen repair technology?
Do they still qualify?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-232788.0.html
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by debosky(m): 6:11pm On Feb 16, 2009
JustGood:

@debosky,

people have always, and will continue to, discriminate based on differences of whatever shape or ideology. What exactly do you see wrong in this idea?

Some people were supporting the idea that children should be taught about sex and how to have sex safely, so what is wrong with peope being encouraged to abstain?

You've missed the point completely. Vaginal Virginity (which is all this is by the way) is not synonymous with abstinence. You may protect your vagina and engage in anal and MouthAction all day long - what is the benefit of that?

These people are given an award, after a 'screening' - ostensibly examination of the vagina to confirm the hymen is intact. How on earth is such an exercise equivalent to encouraging abstinence

I see nothing wrong in encouraging abstinence, but the way to do that is NOT by placing undue emphasis on the hymen (which tokunbo versions are now available for grin)

It is best achieved through proper education and raising self esteem. Not saying 'keep a piece of flesh and now you're accepted'. People will discriminate yes, but ENCOURAGING such discrimination is wrong.

In the Arab world where virginity has been OVER emphasised, people get killed for not having one. Don't create another problem in the cause of trying to 'solve' one.

coded guy:

No be naija? Some people may even shag the doctor examining the virginity to win the award. What then
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2009
@ debo

I can say you and I are the wisest of all mods. Others, especially mukina, still has a lot to learn in life. grin grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by MrCrackles(m): 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2009
michelin89:

@ debo

I can say you and I are the wisest of all mods. Others, especially mukina, still has a lot to learn in life. grin grin

Keep kidding yourself!
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Treetop20(m): 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2009
how do they know
these girls are virgins?
i mean they aren't the best looking
set of girls but still cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by cvibe: 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2009
People are going crazy in my country.  sad

So ladies are now opening up their slits to be inspected for award.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by kamalydeen(m): 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2009
i want to ask a question in the house, grin can they do MR VIRGINITY
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by naijaking1: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2009
Something smell fishy here! I think the certifying doctor should investigated for ethical lapses in judgement.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by texazzpete(m): 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2009
michelin89:

@ debo

'Wisest'?!

try shallow and obnoxious for size. undecided
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by CrazyMan(m): 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2009
I don't believe they are Virgins; were they examined before the contest?

I mean, anyone can come in there to register and say she's a Virgn. I don't believe all that shit.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by osisi2(f): 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2009
crazykid:

I don't believe they are Virgins; were they examined before the contest?

I mean, anyone can come in there to register and say she's a Virgn. I don't believe all that shit.

Oh you didn't see the earlier thread by earth mama
a male OBGYN fingered countless gals and came up with 41 finalists and from the 41,he did more "investigation" and came up with 3 winners.
In Lagos o,not Tudun wada or Birnin Kebbi
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by MrCrackles(m): 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2009
Topic

See as the girls be sef?

Who go wan take dis one's virginity with looks like dat!

Spits in a soft tissue and zoomed off!
grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2009
texazzpete:

'Wisest'?!

try shallow and obnoxious for size. undecided

Na wetin concern you?
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by fromuk(m): 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2009
Please somebody should let me know when they will organise MR version. Am 100% sure i will win.
meanwhile how much will i receive for winning.

@Poster
Its good they do this every year at least it will encourage many gyls to stay away from sex and at the same time increase the number of Mr Virgin.
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Epi: 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2009
debosky:

Could this money not be used to promote health education and the like?
I am sure there are government-funded programs to do this very important work on health issues.  I see this (miss Virginity) as a community effort cheesy

debosky:

So what about the girls who 'failed' the virginity test? Now they will be ostracized for not being virgins. How is that empowering them? This award simply says, your value is based on the piece of skin in between your legs.
The contest says Miss Virginity.  If you choose to compete knowing you are not a virgin then you  cause embarrassment upon yourself.  Morality begins with the teachings from our parents.  The award simple says “  we are glad that we can set an example to the younger generation and  encourage them to live a “healthier” lifestyle

debosky:

This system of differentiating people into virgins and non virgins will turn out to be discriminatory in the end.
So Beyonce won the Grammy for album of year… . .the message is??  To hell with the other artists or let’s discriminate the others. . .bunch of inferiors.  I DON’T THINK SO.  Hope you catch my drift

debosky:

We don't need miss virginity. If these girls sleep around tomorrow, what then? Are they going to be tested weekly to ensure virginity?  undecided
I might as well go for the tournament, and then have sex afterwards. It proves nothing to me.
You seem to support the value of virginity yet you are unaware of the positive effects.  I think the idea is to prove that you are a virgin for that particular pageant(specific date) Ever heard of Pageant rules and regulations?  I am sure Miss Virginity has rules and regulations.  I am assuming Miss Virginity will lose her crown if she gets pregnant b4 her reign is up. Then again choosing to remain a virgin after the pageant is a respectable choice.  That’s their choice to remain a virgin  until marriage  hence no need for weekly or monthly testing.  I must admit this response (in red) is "just stab in the dark".   LOL, this is too funny.

debosky, I beg of you to encourage these young ladies.  It’s time to bring back the traditional values to the villages.

You go girls!!  Big Up
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2009
Cayon/epi and debo, nawa o, will you two just hand the trophy to the virgins already? grin
Re: Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity by Epi: 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2009
Justgood wrote: Why does anyone give awards for anything?

Good question Sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Who Ought To Name A Child ? / My Mother Is Trying To Turn Me Against My Father. / Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.