Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. (87954 Views)

The Oldest Couple In Gelegele, Edo State. Husband Is 105yrs Old & Wife 95yrs / Woman Electrocuted In Lagos A Month To Her Wedding, Family Blames Fiancé (Photo) / My Husband Is Sexually Weak: Wife Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 28, 2015
Kimoni:

Na so o

I was shocked when I saw Oshobaba advising people to stop messing around
And nearly fainted when he said he married a virgin
For im mind now, he is very smart
Chop orisirisi, clean mouth, come marry virgin
Hahahhahahahhahahaha

The wildest of them forming alpha males are usually the most gullible but they never realize it

Heheheheehehe. Osho baba claims that throughout the 5 years he stayed single, he never messed around with women when his story is well known all over the place. Maybe he thinks he is talking with kids when saying all these. You are absolutely right about the bolded. But what they portray alpha males to be on nairaland is completely different from what it truly is in real life. Dnt be the deceived by the Nairaland version o. What i read as the REAL ALPHA MALE in sites and books i have come across is different. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 28, 2015
G
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by bukatyne(f): 7:26pm On May 28, 2015
ApexTitan:

Madam you are under the impression that the same rules apply to men and women alike. When it comes to inter-gender relations different rules apply to the different genders. This is something that many modern day people refuse to come to terms with.

A man with a past, let's say a vast history of previous sexual encounters is not castigated on account of that fact (like a woman), he is not looked down upon even by his prospective wife because of this. Once he has demonstrated his provisioning ability to a woman he is romantically involved with she still remains attracted to him even if she is aware of any past that he has. Take a look in the society around you and see if this isn't true.

The woman on the other hand is best served if she comes clean at the beginning of the relationship with regards to her past. Many a man will rethink his decision to enter into a monogamous relationship with a woman after learning of her "adventurous past" (whereas women tend not to). If her past is hidden then later brought to light he feels he has been defrauded.

Advocating that women play the game the same way as men when they themselves are aware of the different rules that apply to them is a mistaken approach.

Strange you think men and women have different rules in relationship yet you are wondering Why women should not spill all.

You cannot eat your cake and have it

3 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 28, 2015
dinachi:
Three women stand out here defending the indefensible. Telling other women to keep secrets from their husbands! Babyosisi, Cococandy,Sophyrocks. Nairalanders you can now see the kind of female relationship experts these women are! It is very clear they are either not married or they are married to strangers . Two people keeping secrets from each other are not deep in love but deep in self deception. Both are wearing masks. Both do not trust each other enough to be themselves around the one they claim to love! That is why we have so many married singles! People in a martial relationship yet they are very LONELY. And ofcourse this kind of advice encourages unmarried women to see marriage as a game where you try to outsmart the other.

The original post has over 65 likes in case you didn't notice
And they are certainly not all females and not my handles either grin grin
Even here on this thread are men who have agreed that women should curtail the blabbing,didn't you read them
Just because people are not typing doesn't mean they are not reading and comprehending and concurring
And just because some chose to disagree doesn't mean they won't do what I suggested if faced with the situation
Your babe could be amongst them sef

3 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by bukatyne(f): 7:32pm On May 28, 2015
babygirlfl:

Exactly. That's the reason I said that when they remember honesty and quote the bible, they are talking to the woman only. Is it not the same nairaland men here saying women should be honest that said married men can cheat on their wife discreetly because according to them what a woman does not know will not kill her. As a Nigerian woman, you have to be very wise and do what you want to do without thinking of what people will say.

We quote the Bible when it suits us grin

Is it not the same NL wives are told not to search .their husbands ' phones So they not see What will hurt them?

Thought they said What you don't know doesn't kill you?

It is all good

I think each person should run their relationship or marriage as they deem fit.

You know your partner and What they can or cannot bear.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 28, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Sincerely, if to say the nigerian society is not so judgemental and hypocritical as it is, absolute openess would not be a prblem at all. The slut shaming rampant nowadays ehn.... damn too much! Go to instagram and see how peeps embarrass themselves with slut shaming. Once you arm someone with dirty secrets, just have it at the back of your mind that they are now public knowledge. Once things go sour between you two, your story will be all over the place. Just imagine girls opening their mouths so fast even when they are nt asked WA WA WA like parrots then the dude will just be staring at you like WTF then start plotting his 'chop and clean mouth' move after which he will disappear into the thin air!! Then they start to wonder why the dude broke up with them. No wonder! This our brain should be used as a sieve. No be everything person dey talk o. Only talk when its neccessary abeg.

Eneke the bird says that men have learned to shoot without missing so therefore he kwa has learnt to fly without perching

2 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:

We all quote the Bible when it suits us grin

Is it not the same NL wives are told not to search .their husbands ' phones So they not see What will hurt them?

It is all good

That is why I love threads like these
It exposes the nigerian man and his thinking
If he has not confessed his encounters with ndi ashawo,my sisters don't mention yours if u have any
Simple

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 28, 2015
Raumdeuter,I see you
What is your opinion here
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by cococandy(f): 7:40pm On May 28, 2015
BlackOnassis:

You make a lot of sense.
kiss
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by bukatyne(f): 7:42pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

That is why I love threads like these
It exposes the nigerian man and his thinking

I think our society is very hypocritical and sometimes, we do not relate issues here with the real world.

I honestly don't think I would want to hear How my husband strangled people to death.or If he has slept with 50 women and probably 30 without condoms or How many prostitutes gave him a Mouth Action.

Simple I was once a cultist or I was once sexually loose will do for me. Imagining 30mouths had been There before mine or the hands caressing me has strangled people is enough to permanently kill the desire in me abeg.

If it something life threatening or can affect the future then your spouse needs to know in details maybe not too gory.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by cococandy(f): 7:43pm On May 28, 2015
They don't even want you to know the one they are doing in the present and if you did,they would want you to be ok with it yet they want to know even the ones you did in the past.

Marriage is openness and honestly indeed.
bukatyne:

We quote the Bible when it suits us grin

It is all good

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by ApexTitan(m): 7:44pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:

Strange you think men and women have different rules in relationship yet you are wondering Why women should not spill all.

You cannot eat your cake and have it

This is not a matter of what I think. This is something that I have seen repeated over and over again. Any disspassionate observer will arrive at the same conclusions as I have. These different rules for the genders have been in play for almost as long as civilisation itself. The exceptions to the rule do not negate this fact.

A man with a large number of previous sexual encounters is not seen in the same light as a woman with a similar history. The man is not castigated like the woman, if anything he is celebrated and the woman is condemned.

Cue the Hugh Hefners of this world.

You would be hard pressed to find any female equivalent of Hefner or King Solomon. The rules are indeed different for women.

3 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by bukatyne(f): 7:45pm On May 28, 2015
cococandy:
They don't even want you to know the one they are doing in the present and if you did,they would want you to be ok with it yet they want to know even the ones you did in the past.

Marriage is openness and honestly indeed.

Lols

I guess different rules for men and women. grin
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by raumdeuter: 7:45pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:
Raumdeuter,I see you
What is your opinion here

I agree mostly

You only reveal information on a need to know basis. If asked dont lie

Most of us have done stuffs in the past we are not proud of so whats the use of rehashing them especially to your spouse.

There are boys who in secondary wake up early to go climb trees behind girls hostel to peep at those bathing. Or that you go drunk and slept with 6 guys at the same time

Dont divulge any damaging info about your family. How your uncle was once caught and disgraced as a village thief shouldnt be for discussion

Dont ask, Dont tell.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by bukatyne(f): 7:47pm On May 28, 2015
ApexTitan:

This is not a matter of what I think. This is something that I have seen repeated over and over again. Any disspassionate observer will arrive at the same conclusions as I have. These different rules for the genders have been in play for almost as long as civilisation itself. The exceptions to the rule do not negate this fact.

A man with a large number of previous sexual encounters is not seen in the same light as a woman with a similar history. The man is not castigated like the woman, if anything he is celebrated and the woman is condemned.

You would be hard pressed to find any female equivalent of Hefner or King Solomon. The rules are indeed different for women.

If the rules are different, you will not see a lot of women fessing up...

Don't you get it?

Even the men who the society is more liberal to might not tell his wife all his escapades.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On May 28, 2015
Babyosisi

Did you hear about the case of the Duggars where what the guy did when he was 14yr old is being dug up and the show might be stopped

Whats your opinion about that or you want to open a new thread about that.

I believe anyone under 16 is a minor and cant be held responsible for anything they do. It was the adults that was supposed to supervise them that failed
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by raumdeuter: 7:50pm On May 28, 2015
ApexTitan:

Google Annabel Chong
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 28, 2015
BABE3:

that's the selfish part. Not allowing your partner have a say in wanting you or not. Na by force ? grin This is akin to forcing someone to marry the IDEA of you.

like I said, the goal to get/stay married is greater than having meaningful relationships in most homes.

Nna, the thing tire me o. That's why marriages fail at an alarming rate in Nigeria, the new brides are too fake. Men tend to know what sort of demon their dealing with years into the relationship. What a shame.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 28, 2015
I would have said the op was trolling but ofcourse, its babyosisi... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Chivee(f): 7:59pm On May 28, 2015
Gaborone:
I beg to differ...I don't agree with Number 3.

You cheat on your spouse, you tell them, otherwise, every other day in the marriage would be a lie. If confessing sounds like a difficult thing to do, then stay away from the crime.

It's one of those things that doesnt just go away, and confessing it to God alone isn't enough; you have to confess it to the other party who you swore to be faithful to.

^^^^
This is the message we should preach, not deceit through silence.
thank you

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 28, 2015
Why not allow a man decide if he loves you for who you really are, faults and all...
Why allow him marry who he thinks you are??

This is such a massive fraud...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Chivee(f): 8:07pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

That is just my opinion
Try finding a woman who cheated and confessed and the marriage still continued
Men can get away with confessions of cheating,not women
If you were lucky not to be caught,repent and move on
I see someone talking about not telling their bf or spouse about a past life of prostitution & multiple abortions. Do u subscribe to that too? Coz if u ask me, that is advocating "Pure" EVIL. How would u deceive a man into marrying u in the first place without coming clean about such.
It goes both ways anyway. A man with a dirty past owes it to his woman whether he was an assassin, armed robber, rapist or whatever, as long as he has genuinely turned a new leaf.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by dinachi(m): 8:08pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

The original post has over 65 likes in case you didn't notice
grin grin grin 65 likes out of more than 1.3 million Naira land members inspite of the fact that you are on front page? B1tch you have not even began scratching the surface!
babyosisi:

And they are certainly not all females and not my handles either grin grin
grin grin grin How you take know?
babyosisi:

Just because people are not typing doesn't mean they are not reading and comprehending and concurring
And just because some chose to disagree doesn't mean they won't do what I suggested if faced with the situation
And vice versa. It works both ways!
babyosisi:

Your babe could be amongst them sef
Another delusional statement! There are those who live on nairaland and there are those who live with their husbands in their matrimonial homes!

5 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Ngokafor(f): 8:09pm On May 28, 2015
ApexTitan:

.....Duhhh!!!...thats why we are saying that the girls who have allowed themselves to be foolef by the likes of Hugh Hefner and co should shut up and report to God only and not blab to their partner who is certainly not matured enough to handle such truths..

..because we know that there are different sets of rule in this hypocritical country if ours...but at the end of the day,cunning man die,cunning man bury am..
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by ApexTitan(m): 8:09pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:

If the rules are different, you will not see a lot of women fessing up...

Don't you get it?

Even the men who the society is more liberal to might not tell his wife all his escapades.

Women will continue to hide their party years history for as long as they can get away with it. They only fess up when ish hits the fan and their relationship is in danger. The OP is encouraging women to continue with this line of approach and I say she is doing them a disservice with such advice. The way to go about this is come clean from the start, that's what I say. The woman faces a different set of consequences when she decides to let sleeping dogs lie only for the dogs to be awaken later on by a passing canary. Those consequences are different for the man. The man may tell of his past sexual encounters to his wife and not take as much damage as the woman who is forced to reveal all later.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Chivee(f): 8:15pm On May 28, 2015
Gaborone:

And part of repentance is sometimes restitution, which in this case would involve opening up to your spouse.

You don't steal your neighbour's phone and ask God for forgiveness while holding on to it. You return it, and then, you and God can talk. Anything else won't fly.
God bless you..

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by BABE3: 8:25pm On May 28, 2015
njokusboy:
Why not allow a man decide if he loves you for who you really are, faults and all...
Why allow him marry who he thinks you are??

This is such a massive fraud. ..

coz marraige is a do or die affair for women. grin

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Chivee(f): 8:28pm On May 28, 2015
TooNoisy:
While 1 and 2 make sense, 3 and 4 are ridiculous. So it's ok for a woman to cheat as long as she is not caught. What kind of morals are we teaching our children? And it is ok to be a runs girls as long as you can find a mugu man somewhere who cannot trace your past? Smh. What useless advice.
Thank you so much.. I'm happy that one of the best counter response so far is coming from a fellow woman. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Chivee(f): 8:34pm On May 28, 2015
TooNoisy:
While 1 and 2 make sense, 3 and 4 are ridiculous. So it's ok for a woman to cheat as long as she is not caught. What kind of morals are we teaching our children? And it is ok to be a runs girls as long as you can find a mugu man somewhere who cannot trace your past? Smh. What useless advice.
Thank you so much. I'm glad that the best counter response so far is coming from a fellow woman.. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Kimoni: 8:35pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:

I think our society is very hypocritical and sometimes, we do not relate issues here with the real world.

I honestly don't think I would want to hear How my husband strangled people to death.or If he has slept with 50 women and probably 30 without condoms or How many prostitutes gave him a Mouth Action.

Simple I was once a cultist or I was once sexually loose will do for me. Imagining 30mouths had been There before mine or the hands caressing me has strangled people is enough to permanently kill the desire in me abeg.

If it something life threatening or can affect the future then your spouse needs to know in details maybe not too gory.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 28, 2015
BABE3:

coz marraige is a do or die affair for women. grin

Walai....

There's nothing one would not read herem.. and it's supposed to be an advice cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by ApexTitan(m): 8:39pm On May 28, 2015
In the light of the risk that marriages entail for men in today's world I think it is best for men to ASK their wives about their sexual past. The doctrine of don't ask and don't tell as regards relationships is foolish. Every man should be fully aware of the type of woman he is ending up with, he should know the type of woman that will be the mother of his children. It is best to hear it from the horse's mouth and come to terms with it than find out from a compromising video on the interwebs or some idle chatter - These things do happen.

The woman who is coy or elusive about this issue is showing a red flag... Like I stated earlier a women with a large number of previous sexual partners is a huge risk for long term/monogamous relationships.

This advice is directed to the so called good men out there because they are the ones that tend to marry women who have lengthy CVs of previous lovers. (it is very rare that a man and woman with a large number of previous partners marry themselves)

Do not marry a reformed harlot. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / Meet Young Man With 9 Wives Who Created Sex Roster For All 9 Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.