Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. (87940 Views)

The Oldest Couple In Gelegele, Edo State. Husband Is 105yrs Old & Wife 95yrs / Woman Electrocuted In Lagos A Month To Her Wedding, Family Blames Fiancé (Photo) / My Husband Is Sexually Weak: Wife Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by bukatyne(f): 1:52pm On May 28, 2015
1stCitizen:

James 5:16...Confess your sins to one another.

Do you confess all your sins to the people around or your wife or partner?

Did you read anywhere Paul confessed his sins of persecution to the church? Did the woman caught in adultery confess to the wives affected or her husband?

I am not against openness in marriage, in fact, we both came out clean on everything from the beginning and within the relationship and now marriage but again, There was really not much to confess.

I believe in situations like This as with restitution, pray to God for direction.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 28, 2015
9jatatafo:

How I wish God can just open your records in the book of life and we will see how clean you are

Funny how people are quick to cast aspersions because others have simpler standards undecided This is not about being clean, it's about knowing that you should always be prepared to take responsibility for your actions. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Krisddon: 1:52pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Exactly
Especially if you know he will use it against you,you don't need to tell him about every man that has poked you
Unnecessary detail
If you worked as a hooker( ashawo) and has turned a new leaf,you are free to keep that detail to yourself
It's not necessary to share all that worthless tale in order to appear honest
Old things are passed away,leave them that way
He isn't telling you all of his so you need to keep yours too
Don't show out yourself in a terrible light and destroy your reputation by blabbing about details of your past,destroying yourself with your own mouth.
If you had 5 abortions ,must you talk about them with your man?
What for?
Has he told you how many abortions he sponsored?
O ho
So why the details
You are a suspect!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 28, 2015
MarvellousGod:
@4, are you saying you won't tell your partner you have children elsewhere? ? undecided

We treated this topic at our marriage counselling class like two weeks ago, the counsellor concluded by saying that any past which will be detrimental to the future must be made known to your partner before tying the knot, eg fertility problems, children outside wedlock, an illness that runs in your family, Diseases you may hv currently. .. etcccc

He equally said some things are better left under the rug except when asked, like how many men/women you've slept with, eetttccc...

And I agree in toto
There are necessary and unnecessary confessions
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by thorpido(m): 1:53pm On May 28, 2015
freecocoa:
I may not agree with all the points made by the OP, but of what use is the abortion tale to the man? This is in a situation where nothing went wrong, that is.
How can one tell if nothing went wrong?Most times you only find out something is wrong when a couple starts trying to conceive.It may not be a direct cause of the infertility but it's better to let your partner know.

*It's a hard thing and that is why i always preach protection to young girls.Don't let any guy tell you he doesn't like condoms,it's your body at the end of it all.There are so many ways to prevent pregnancy.Get knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by 1luvmypple: 1:54pm On May 28, 2015
The truth is.... If a man cheats with 100 girls, u won't see any of them pointing at him in public places saying "i have slept with that man". Even if any of them does, they'll still be the ones that would be ashamed. But imagine yourself as a woman and you go out to somwhere with your husband and there is a man there who has slept with you and he starts whispering to his friends that "i don sleep with that man wife" and your husband gets to hear it which is an embarassment to him. If you've not told him before now, he might take it on you when you guys get home. For a girl to keep herself is not solely because of her husband but herselfworth.

I can't believe i cannot even write proper english. Na 9ja school cause am. But all this are just my #opiniontho. Ntin justifies cheating weather male or female.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Stop using the scripture fraudulently
There is no place the bible encourages anyone to go talking about their past
When Jesus met the prostitute the people wanted to stone,he forgave her and asked the crowd to cast a stone if they hadn't sinned
He didn't tell her to go telling the wives of all the men she had chopped to forgive her.
It wasn't necessary

The bible says let him who stole,steal no more
So let she who chopped,chop no more

Fornication is a sin one commits against one's own body
If God forgives you and you have forgiven yourself,that ends it

You see what you fail to understand?? Matt 19:5 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife: [size=28pt] and the two shall be one flesh.[/size] If you want to cover it up by fornication is a sin against your body then you should confess to your husband because you sinned against his body!! You are one flesh with him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Krisddon: 1:56pm On May 28, 2015
hopeforcharles:

What if he later founds out?
My type of Man will never use it against a woman no matter what, but if he founds out outside it might be more disastrous than ever. What do u think she should do about telling him.
This ur bullets no be rubber ones oh! u kill my battery gan!
*Finds* not “founds”.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 28, 2015
Sophyrocks:
This topic reminds me of a show called BAGGAGE n Dstv. The reason people are able to spill their dirty secrets on that show and also able to accept them is because the whites are less judgemental and more accomodating. They have accepted who they are and are more open. Unlike we nigerians who know how to use peoples' past against them. The society is judgemental and hypocritical at the same time. No one is able to handle the truth no matter how much they preach openness. NO ONE! We are all humans with limitations and that will be shown on how much information we can handle.

The truth is most men and women will keep their horrible pasts to themselves which brings about the importance of investigating your partner before marriage. Some you will get to know during the course of courtship. But inspite of that, you still dnt get to know everything. So if we are to be very honest about our pasts, we ought to ask ourselves if he or she can handle them. are we truly ready for the consequences of letting he or she know about them? Is openness the watchword of your partner? Has he or she spilled his or her past to you? why are we spilling? Most peeps who spill expect automatic forgiveness and forget that things would change afterwards. Are we ready to accept the changes that would occur after the spilling? Are we ready to be victims of attack from time to time once your partner is armed with your secrets? Are you ready for your past to go beyond your partner as others apart from your partner may get to know them? Are we ready to move on should in case the relationship/marriage packs up? Lower your expectations and expect the worst because you are not dealing with jesus christ o. You are dealing with a human. There are standards each one of us hold or expect from our partners. Use the standards of your partner to decide if he or she can truly handle the openness before deciding to spill. Let your brain be a sieve and show tact when opening up. There are things to spill and there are others to be kept to yourself biko. Be selective.

As for what to spill, well, diseases such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis, children outside wedlock should be spilled o. Anything major that poses a threat to your partner should be spilled ON TIME.

As for cheating, to each his own biko. Just make sure before you spill you have packed your bags already ready to leave if you know fully well your partner will not accept it. Body count questions are useless. Always sieve what to say. Know when to talk and when to keep quiet. THIS IS NIGERIA NOT AMERICA. we have a culture that can't handle the truth. Be tactful. Be wise as a serpent biko.

Exactly
People are already doing this males and females so this is not a new concept
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by 1luvmypple: 1:58pm On May 28, 2015
The truth is.... If a man cheats with 100 girls, u won't see any of them pointing at him in public places saying "i have slept with that man". Even if any of them does, they'll still be the ones that would be ashamed. But imagine yourself as a woman and you go out to somwhere with your husband and there is a man there who has slept with you and he starts whispering to his friends that "i don sleep with that man wife" and your husband gets to hear it which is an embarassment to him. If you've not told him before now, he might take it on you when you guys get home. For a girl to keep herself is not solely because of her husband but herselfworth.

I no even understand wetin me dey write sef. Abg make una no vex. All this are just my #opiniontho. Ntin justifies cheating weather you are male or female. #stayfaithfultoyourpartner.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Cutehector(m): 1:58pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Exactly
Especially if you know he will use it against you,you don't need to tell him about every man that has poked you
Unnecessary detail
If you worked as a hooker( ashawo) and has turned a new leaf,you are free to keep that detail to yourself
It's not necessary to share all that worthless tale in order to appear honest
Old things are passed away,leave them that way
He isn't telling you all of his so you need to keep yours too
Don't show out yourself in a terrible light and destroy your reputation by blabbing about details of your past,destroying yourself with your own mouth.
If you had 5 abortions ,must you talk about them with your man?
What for?
Has he told you how many abortions he sponsored?
O ho
So why the details
erm I dnt realy agree wit u on dat.. U see, wen it comes to issues of gettn pregnant, and the man isn't the problem, he will begin to get curios, and be like is she hiding anythn frm me? Maybe she may hav had some ugly experiences in d past dats makin her not to conceive.. In my own case, I'd rather advice she opens up to me.. Just so I knw how to tackle d problem

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Evina(f): 1:59pm On May 28, 2015
Ploutos:
InZA, ronald4lif, Evina, Kinglekan

Your thoughts.

Sir, all the elders have spoken. smiley

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 28, 2015
grin if he finds it difficult to let things go, I aint even snitching sad lipsrsealed. In fact, I am not telling, kilode gaan undecided
He obviously isn't telling all about himself and I aint really bothered cool cool grin

We berra learn each other on-the-go cheesy
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by FemiFaniKayode: 2:01pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Whether you will use it against her or not is not the issue
The main issue is,what purpose will those details serve in the first place?
Nothing
So why share all of those?

will you be open to telling your new husband why your first marriage failed?

3 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Krisddon: 2:02pm On May 28, 2015
Girls and dirty life! In less than 1hr dis thread don enta 32nd page and all na girls dey comment ah!!

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 28, 2015
Evina:

Sir, all the elders have spoken. smiley
Lol. I understand. grin
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Ngokafor(f): 2:02pm On May 28, 2015
...i pity a lady with a colourful pastl who would spill everything about her past..

..the average Nigerian male CANNOT handle the truth about their partner's past sexually..

..heck they cant even handle things that are no fault of their partners,e.g rape..how much more a randy past..

..just be sure your things are packed when you embark on your 'confessions'..

...If Ignorance is bliss,it is foolish to be wise..full stop.

6 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by FemiFaniKayode: 2:03pm On May 28, 2015
Krisddon:

You are a suspect!

i dey tell you.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 28, 2015
Cutehector:
erm I dnt realy agree wit u on dat.. U see, wen it comes to issues of gettn pregnant, and the man isn't the problem, he will begin to get curios, and be like is she hiding anythn frm me? Maybe she may hav had some ugly experiences in d past dats makin her not to conceive.. In my own case, I'd rather advice she opens up to me.. Just so I knw how to tackle d problem

FYI,in a study in Nigeria 42% of inability to conceive was due to male infertility
All that herbal drinks and wearing tight pants and underwear plus other abnormalities
It is barbaric to pin infertility on a woman
This is 2015
Research has given us the true picture

4 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by RuuDie(m): 2:04pm On May 28, 2015
@ OP... are you saying, "the man hasn't opened his own can of worms, so why should the woman open hers!!?"

If this is your assertion, then you need to realize that conscience plays a very big role here!

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Cutehector(m): 2:07pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

FYI,in a study in Nigeria 42% of inability to conceive was due to male infertility
All that herbal drinks and wearing tight pants and underwear plus other abnormalities
It is barbaric to pin infertility on a woman
This is 2015
Research has given us the true picture
lol babyosisi let's leave studies alone.. Let's fix our mind on a woman who has d inability to conceiv a child.. Provided all study cases are true.. How will u feel as the husband in question
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by tivta(m): 2:12pm On May 28, 2015
SisterCaro:
does your woman know all about your past?
YES, every single thing. As for her I have to keep on nagging her to tell me about hers but she is quick to tell me when its important.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by chillbabe(f): 2:14pm On May 28, 2015
I don't agree in keeping secrets in relationship not to talk of marriage. When u tell your partner everything and he or she used it against u means the person is immature. U need to feel save to the one u say I DO to. I don't believe in secrets.

4 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by sage2(m): 2:16pm On May 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Yes
If she was doing ashawo in the same town or her ashawo runs was public knowledge then yes but if she was a student at IMSU and did her runz in Ibadan,what is she revealing that for when it's in her past
There are also women who have revealed those same details and the that was the end of a good fraudulent relationship.

Fixed.

2 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by babygirlfl: 2:17pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:

My thoughts

I remember someone once said be honest with style tongue

He was relating it to Joyce Meyer who told her husband her father raped her.

I don't know about an average Nigerian guy/husband to be Anyways.

It's all Good.

Exactly. That's the reason I said that when they remember honesty and quote the bible, they are talking to the woman only. Is it not the same nairaland men here saying women should be honest that said married men can cheat on their wife discreetly because according to them what a woman does not know will not kill her. As a Nigerian woman, you have to be very wise and do what you want to do without thinking of what people will say.

4 Likes

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by hopeforcharles(m): 2:17pm On May 28, 2015
Krisddon:

This ur bullets no be rubber ones oh! u kill my battery gan!
*Finds* not “founds”.

thanks for d correctn, dt language no be my papa own gan.
As long as u understand my intentions we have communicated then.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 28, 2015
babygirlfl:

Exactly. That's the reason I said that when they remember honesty and quote the bible, they are talking to the woman only. Is it not the same nairaland men here saying women should be honest that said married men can cheat on their wife discreetly because according to them what a woman does not know will not kill her. As a Nigerian woman, you have to be very wise and do what you want to do without thinking of what people will say.

Didn't a woman tell a story on this thread many pages over about her marriage counseling
Pastor asked them to confess to one another
She was a virgin and when it came to him,he was mute

Even the virgins sef
You don't have to tell how many blow jobs you gave and how many people palpated you and auscultated you and did everything except enter Jericho
All na fornication o
You are a virgin,nwagbogho na Amaghi nwoke
Full stop
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Malazzy: 2:21pm On May 28, 2015
At least you were not kicked out of the house. It could have been worse if your man found out himself.
kilode100:

True.....
They resent the woman, can't touch her nor have real feelings for her anymore and yes this is a personal experience.
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by ApexTitan(m): 2:23pm On May 28, 2015
jmoore:
Anyway, I will marry a virgin. 100% worry-free from past

No need to worry if she aborted or fuc*** 1,000 guys.

Make una continue dey hide oh... When the truth forces itself out, be ready to bear the consequences.

Correct guy! 25 litres of petrol for you.

That's the way to go. Not all women are fit for marriage. Marry a virgin or a girl with a low number count. Women with a large number (i.e n>4) are a risk for long term/monogamous relationships.

1 Like

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by ERCROSS(m): 2:25pm On May 28, 2015
Mynd44:
Until he finds out by himself of course and hell breaks loose.

The balance is between asking for people who are psychologically stable and people who are not hence we have to protect.

Howdy broh...
Ur face scarce for hia these days ooo...
Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 28, 2015
bukatyne:

Do you confess all your sins to the people around or your wife or partner?

Did you read anywhere Paul confessed his sins of persecution to the church? Did the woman caught in adultery confess to the wives affected or her husband?

I am not against openness in marriage, in fact, we both came out clean on everything from the beginning and within the relationship and now marriage but again, There was really not much to confess.

I believe in situations like This as with restitution, pray to God for direction.

Why would Paul confess when he was a known butcher. Did he have a partner and was it written that she did not know him well?

On the case of the woman...you just wrote that she was CAUGHT cheesy Someone that was caught now confessing makes no sense.

The point we are making here is if you enter any relationship, be it personal or business or a more serious thing like marriage, get into it devoid of fraud or the relationship will be cursed from day one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. by Setaje(f): 2:28pm On May 28, 2015
kilode100:

Coming clean you say?... Who has it helped
It's only below average men that are interested in such nonsense.... What will it achieve to sit down with a man that there is no guarantee that he will be there till death do us part to tell him dirt's about my past...

Anyway the truth is that there is no man born of a woman that can handle my past.
1,I have sucked many unwashed ass holes...
2,I used to like been beaten before getting fhucked.
3,I love foursome a lot... I take on three guys at once..
4,I lost count of abortions but I ve two adorable kids to call mine now.
5,I ve repented completely.

Do you still think I should spill

Hahahahahahahhahahaha. kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / Meet Young Man With 9 Wives Who Created Sex Roster For All 9 Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.