Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (57926 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Theophilus Danjuma, Jacob Zuma And Tinubu Now In Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by 989900: 11:29am On May 29, 2015
These military boys sabi march o
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by DExplorer1: 11:30am On May 29, 2015
barcanista:
Whatever...
Who cares? I wish your pen more ink as you get ready to keep watch on this new administration and write more rubbish about the Presidency. We would put you in check accordingly.

6 Likes

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Nobody: 11:30am On May 29, 2015
barcanista:
A thousand Buhari can't do nothing to me.
lol, now i know your problem.
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by QuotaSystem: 11:30am On May 29, 2015
ezugegere:
This is government of propaganda for the propagandists. Anything built on Lies cannot succeed.
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Nobody: 11:30am On May 29, 2015
Wildrage:

The whole ceremony looks more like a military drill/parade instead of a seamless change of power between two civilian government. I think its high time we did away with colonial tradition, this should ordinarily be a celebration of our democratic process
I know. The military presence is overwhelming. When American presidents are being inaugurated, the only military activity carried out at the Capitol Hill vicinity is the 21-gun salute. No endless military parades.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 11:31am On May 29, 2015
Sai buhari

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Nobody: 11:31am On May 29, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
angry
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by scantee(m): 11:31am On May 29, 2015
DExplorer1:
Just barely 30mins he became President? TANiods are really angry.
mr man stop quoting me all over Nl, i have no businez with u, allow me catch my fun, weather Gmb or Gel none of them is my business. Pls do stay off my comments thanks
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Fearcom(m): 11:32am On May 29, 2015
BrokenTV:

For those that voted him na. Cause i can't be an agent of propaganda.

You sound like a broken TV record. grin
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by closearms(m): 11:32am On May 29, 2015
barcanista:
A thousand Buhari can't do nothing to me.

words are cheap
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Ekaka1(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2015
989900:
These military boys sabi march o
Parades and choreographic matching is part and parcel of their job ....all the way from their academy or training depot. You won't see two or more officers and men walking around with 'scattered fire woods'every movement and swing of hand must be in synchrony.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by 989900: 11:34am On May 29, 2015
CFCfan:

I know. The military presence is overwhelming. When American presidents are being inaugurated, the only military activity carried out at the Capitol Hill vicinity is the 21-gun salute. No endless military parades.

Nigeria is not one of the 50 states of the USA.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by closearms(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2015
QuotaSystem:

and let's if you can stop this one from succeeding
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by homesteady(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2015
989900:

Until ur posted to Sambisa cheesy
abeg ohh! I only want to be marching! grin.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by abduljabbar4(m): 11:35am On May 29, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
No more protection
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by abdulkayus(m): 11:35am On May 29, 2015
Wildrage:

The whole ceremony looks more like a military drill/parade instead of a seamless change of power between two civilian government. I think its high time we did away with colonial tradition, this should ordinarily be a celebration of our democratic process

I think due to long year pf military ruling the nation and also the military being the integral part of Nigeria ruling system, they can't do away woth it. Even in our democracy era, OBJ and GMB are all former military rulers also.
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Nobody: 11:35am On May 29, 2015
closearms:

words are cheap
I know my right as Nigerian citizen. I'm not the type that easily get intimidated

1 Like

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Bowaley17(m): 11:35am On May 29, 2015
successhunter:

In Jona time, it was sticks they use in chasing them out. cool
no wonder...
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by MAYOWAAK: 11:35am On May 29, 2015
In Nigeria, stealing is now corruption.
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by homesteady(m): 11:35am On May 29, 2015
Why is it that Policemen don't join in this kind of parade?
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by 989900: 11:35am On May 29, 2015
Ekaka1:

Parades and choreographic matching is part and parcel of their job ....all the way from their academy or training depot. You won't see two or more officers and men walking around with 'scattered fire word' every movement and swing of hand must be in synchrony.

#discipline#impressed
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by QuotaSystem: 11:35am On May 29, 2015
closearms:

and let's if you can stop this one from succeeding

What in Lugards name are you talking about?
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by thepatroit: 11:36am On May 29, 2015
BrokenTV:

I am in Biafra.
Guy, wake up from your slumber abeg
You're still in Nigeria until you achieve your biafran dream and the one chance spirit will follow you till then
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Nobody: 11:37am On May 29, 2015
989900:

Nigeria is not one of the 50 states of the USA.
Lol. That's not the point. The ceremony should be more civilian than military.
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by DExplorer1: 11:37am On May 29, 2015
scantee:
mr man stop quoting me all over Nl, i have no businez with u, allow me catch my fun, weather Gmb or Gel none of them is my business. Pls do stay off my comments thanks
That should happen when you develop your own forum, in your own name and you alone is the user. Angry TANoids! Sip something cold please.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by BrokenTV: 11:39am On May 29, 2015
thepatroit:

Okay. Thanks. You also live with your one chance life in the next four years
Back to sender.
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by successhunter: 11:39am On May 29, 2015
You can hardly differentiate the females from the soldiers guys
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by after1: 11:39am On May 29, 2015
barcanista:
I know my right as Nigerian citizen. I'm not the type that easily get intimidated

Bros you can lie oooo. Why did you now mail Gbawe then for protection when those PDP guys were threatening you. Your lies na live and direct cheesy cheesy

1 Share

Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by scantee(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2015
DExplorer1:
That should happen when you develop your own forum, in your own name and you alone is the user. Angry TANoids! Sip something cold please.
just noted ur age now have a lovely weekend.
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Ekaka1(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2015
CFCfan:

You guys need to check out our history from independence. We have known more military activities in governance than a civil democratic system. It will take a little while before we experience full democratic ceremonies. After all , you have had two returning ex military heads of state as civilian president and na soja blood dem get cheesy
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by Proffdada: 11:39am On May 29, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Fool I love Buhari
k
Re: Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square by ZACHIE: 11:40am On May 29, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Am I wrong?
SQEAKY is the word.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

I Saw "Ojukwu Bucket" While Walking In The Bush In Enugu (Photos) / Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.