Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari (42876 Views)

Fashola Gives Conditions For Stable Power Supply / Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:
Lol.. where e go b4? We bin promised stable light since 60's nah haba

My opinion iis for naija to embrace nuclear power as means of power generation for the sake of iits over 180million wards. That's what other successfully lighted nations use. The only ish would be maintenance undecided
terrible idea.
No nuclear physicists
Poor maintenance record.
Also, it's not really about the production. It's about the distribution. No matter how much we produce, if we don't revamp the transmission systems, same problem will persist.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 1:47pm On May 30, 2015
naijafella:

Dummie...

Why the insult? Is he wrong? We need more action and less talk the campaign period has elapsed,the goods have been delivered now it's time for work..
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 9jatatafo(m): 1:48pm On May 30, 2015
No Nigerian leader will sweet talk me to believe we will have stable power supply, good roads, good hospitals, education, corruption free, employment for all, good housing and food for all. It is all wash. Waiting for N1=$1 and now stable power supply. Sowi!!!
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by miquelon(m): 1:49pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:
Lol.. where e go b4? We bin promised stable light since 60's nah haba

My opinion iis for naija to embrace nuclear power as means of power generation for the sake of iits over 180million wards. That's what other successfully lighted nations use. The only ish would be maintenance undecided

You want these people that can't manage dams and gas pipelines to manage nuclear plants. Cherynobl comes to mind
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by niceguy7(m): 1:50pm On May 30, 2015
olutunde12:

Did he lern anything from ige at all? Bola ige as minister of power promised more thn this.
Lets keep our fingers crossed
Its too early to doubt smiley
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 1:51pm On May 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
terrible idea.
No nuclear physicists
Poor maintenance record.
Also, it's not really about the production. It's about the distribution. No matter how much we produce, if we don't revamp the transmission systems, same problem will persist.

Bro don't be so quick at throwing ideas away if we can produce then we can instil maintenance and distribution,revamping the transmission systems can be done alongside production,we can start with expatriates and place Nigerians under there who would later rise to the top and be in control.. All of these can be achieved when a very firm leader is in power especially if he has the will and zeal to perform...
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 1:54pm On May 30, 2015
miquelon:

You want these people that can't manage dams and gas pipelines to manage nuclear plants. Cherynobl comes to mind

You are forgetting the fact that after Chernobyl,Russia and the world learnt their lesson even if it was in a hard way besides if the plants are sited under water,the hazard and risk would be reduced by almost 5o%
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 30, 2015
tolutweety:

Hmmn..
You make me remember the great lectures of Prof. B.J. on Fukushima. grin grin grin
Yes o. grin

1 Like

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 30, 2015
I have said it that any president that can make this country generate and use electricity 24/7 is and would be the best nigerian president ever...if buhari can achieve this then he becomes my bestest freind...how can a country with so much wealth suffer from electricity issues...??...are we mad in this country...

Chase mikano and all generator distributors outta the country...chase away the cabals...arrest or maim them if possible...we must have light...which kin nonsense be this...buhari no look anybody mumu face...do what ever it takes to give the people of nigeria light and stand to be the best president you want to be...
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by omooba969(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2015
bruno419:
let it beta be fast

U can't wait ehn. cheesy

And it shall be so but u wud need to exercise patience though cos a gud meal has to be prepared & u knw dat a lot goes into, time inclusive.

Ur expectation shall neva be cut off. Itz a New Shinning Nigeria. smiley

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by momasenny(f): 1:57pm On May 30, 2015
9jatatafo:
No Nigerian leader will sweet talk me to believe we will have stable power supply, good roads, good hospitals, education, corruption free, employment for all, good housing and food for all. It is all wash. Waiting for N1=$1 and now stable power supply. Sowi!!!

Sorry, we have light in my area since yesterday.
And stop wishing Nigeria bad, whatever happens to our dear country always remember you will benefit from it
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 30, 2015
all4naija:

Nuclear plant is cleaner,sustainable and expensive to build. That doesn't mean it can generates more power for the country. Most of the US power generation still comes from coal, the same can be said of China, South Africa excepting for France that has about 60% of his power need gotten from nuclear. Nigeria is a completely unskilled third-world country that lacks the ability to manage its infrastructure. Having a nuclear plant in the country is going to pose a death threat, most especially, to the environment. At least, we have seen how the oil has been poor managed in Niger-delta and the danger to the life of the people of the communities within that region.

Well since 1999 Nigeria was generating about 4,000 MW of electricity. After 15 years and $20 billion spent we are generating between 3,000 and 4,000 MW.”

The ruling party responded with a sharp rebuttal, stating that “as at May 29 1999, when PDP took office, Nigeria was generating 1,600 MW”, but that today the country generates “4,568 MW of electricity”.

Meanwhile

The USA is the world's largest producer of nuclear power, accounting for more than 30% of worldwide nuclear generation of electricity.
The country's 100 nuclear reactors produced 798 billion kWh in 2014, over 19% of total electrical output. There are now 99 units operable (98.7 GWe) and five under construction.
Dnt get mee wrong I'm not comparing this two countries but yes we can do more than 4,568 MW of electricity”

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

The fukushima failure occurred when the plant was hit by a tsunami that had been triggered by the magnitude 9.0 on the 11 march 2011,...
I know. The point I was trying to make was that Nuclear Plants are not very forgiving with any malfunctions either due to accidents or poor maintenance & we all know how we handle things in this country on average.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 989900: 2:03pm On May 30, 2015
all4naija:
You read my post not through it. However, you didn't comprehend anything because you are as clueless and uneducated as the president. Bwahaha...

Meh . . . as lame as me pointing out your punctuation and grammatical boo-boos, as valid response/solution to stable power supply/lack of.

BTW (moot point though), read 'thru', or 'read-through' is as valid as it gets -- presumptuousness would only keep you making silly blunders.
#oya
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

Well since 1999 Nigeria was generating about 4,000 MW of electricity. After 15 years and $20 billion spent we are generating between 3,000 and 4,000 MW.”

The ruling party responded with a sharp rebuttal, stating that “as at May 29 1999, when PDP took office, Nigeria was generating 1,600 MW”, but that today the country generates “4,568 MW of electricity”.

Meanwhile

The USA is the world's largest producer of nuclear power, accounting for more than 30% of worldwide nuclear generation of electricity.
The country's 100 nuclear reactors produced 798 billion kWh in 2014, over 19% of total electrical output. There are now 99 units operable (98.7 GWe) and five under construction.
Dnt get mee wrong I'm not comparing this two countries but yes we can do more than 4,568 MW of electricity”

USA still generates largest part of its electricity from coal despite being largest producer of nuclear power. France uses over 60% nuclear power compared to USA. http://www.nei.org/Knowledge-Center/Nuclear-Statistics/World-Statistics

2 Likes

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 9jatatafo(m): 2:03pm On May 30, 2015
momasenny:

Sorry, we have light in my area since yesterday.
And stop wishing Nigeria bad, whatever happens to our dear country always remember you will benefit from it

This is the problem with Nigerians, just too gullible. Just because you have light so you feel everywhere in Nigeria there is light. I have been watching closely right from the time of Alh. Shehu Shagari till date, light has been problem so don't tell me rubbish. It is all empty promises, we have heard light for all by different government still no way out. I tell you here that PMB cannot fix it. When he ruled as a military head of state, there was light issue.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 30, 2015
989900:

Meh . . . as lame as me pointing out your punctuation and grammatical boo-boos, as valid response/solution to stable power supply/lack of.

BTW (moot point though), read 'thru', or 'read-through' is as valid as it gets -- presumptuousness would only keep you making silly blunders.
#oya
Bwahaha... grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. You are funny i d i o t! cool
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Lessonteacher(f): 2:05pm On May 30, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Buhari is not a fisherman that he should lie, Nor a son of a fisherman that he should failed his promises.
bro must u attack jonathan to show that buhari is good?

1 Like

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 30, 2015
0rex:

I know. The point I was trying to make was that Nuclear Plants are not very forgiving with any malfunctions either due to accidents or poor maintenance & we all know how we handle things in this country on average.

See my signature..
“Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” - Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group.

Life iis precious buh same life will be lost iif nothing iis done n the country suffers
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by miquelon(m): 2:10pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

You are forgetting the fact that after Chernobyl,Russia and the world learnt their lesson even if it was in a hard way besides if the plants are sited under water,the hazard and risk would be reduced by almost 5o%
True but our government's maintenance culture is not the best & would hate to see a plant operator hand over money to pass inspection
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 30, 2015
miquelon:

Lol I made iit clear that FG could privatize iit or get experts to oversee nuclear plant affairs, anything will be mismanaged iif FG iis involved.

1 Like

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by izumoneey(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2015
importers of generating sets will go hungry... ;Dimporters of generating sets will go hungry...
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 989900: 2:15pm On May 30, 2015
all4naija:
Bwahaha... grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. You are funny i d i o t! cool

Meh.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 2:17pm On May 30, 2015
miquelon:

True but our government's maintenance culture is not the best & would hate to see a plant operator hand over money to pass inspection

Well don't you think that can be checked with a firm leader in charge?
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

If only they at the top would read through this Chat and follow it,that would have been the best,but i tell you,instead of implementing it to the letter it would be so politicised and destroyed completely do you have a means of forwarding brilliant ideas like this to the right quarters?
Another thing is would our water bodies like the bar beaches and all be able to carry such a project?

Everthing iis centered at corruption, GEJ was slow handling corruption let's see how GMB fares with the Cabals, this iis not an idea, they all know this I tell uu. On IDEAS severally I've bin a victim of stolen ideas n ii have decided to kip every thin known as idea to ma self.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by omooba969(m): 2:22pm On May 30, 2015
QuotaSystem:
This man has an infectious optimism which can only be borne out of a clear vision and having a defined plan of action.

It is so because d political structure & stake holders have never allowed anyone with a clear plan/vision to get to the seat of power. If we cast our minds back upon history, it's either they (ex-presidents) got there by chance presented by circumstance or path to power was orchestrated. The only person who had plans/vision was MKO (may his soul continue to rest in peace) but he wasn't allowed to get there; his life was cut short by blood-sucking demons called politicians.

More so, we the PEOPLE have never been more engaged than we did during the build up to the elections( thanks to social media too). We are now more informed than ever. We all have indeed done a good job with our votes.

It is now clear that our destiny is in our hands & we THE PEOPLE hold the power to chart our course & not the miscreants called politicians. So it will be fantastic if we THE PEOPLE can continue to build on this success.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by momasenny(f): 2:23pm On May 30, 2015
9jatatafo:

This is the problem with Nigerians, just too gullible. Just because you have light so you feel everywhere in Nigeria there is light. I have been watching closely right from the time of Alh. Shehu Shagari till date, light has been problem so don't tell me rubbish. It is all empty promises, we have heard light for all by different government still no way out. I tell you here that PMB cannot fix it. When he ruled as a military head of state, there was light issue.

If you say so but keep calm, PMB is not alone. Nothing is impossible sir, always think right
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 2:24pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

Meanwhile

Vimi. Let's keep on creating threads with this and hope that it would get to the right hands,we can even try to see if it can be moved to fp
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by kesspeakz(f): 2:25pm On May 30, 2015
I hope so. If Buhari can stable electricity supply. Nigerians will be forever grateful to him.

Meanwhile, guys pls visit http://kesspeakz..com/?m=1 to read on exciting, hilarious and lesson filled topics on relationship, friendship, romance, people, work issues and so on.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 2:27pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

Everthing iis centered at corruption, GEJ was slow handling corruption let's see how GMB fares with the Cabals, this iis not an idea, they all know this I tell uu. On IDEAS severally I've bin a victim of stolen ideas n ii have decided to kip every thin known as idea to ma self.

Being an Engineer myself i know and understand what you are talking about you can of course keep the sensitive parts to your self and let's keep on chatting and making all the noise i tell you it would fall into the right hands one day i have posted some of those facts on my timeline on fb already ,don't you think we can create a thread on this?
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by UpLoyo: 2:29pm On May 30, 2015
shammah1:
Okay BabaOneChance. When precisely? I'm losing my patience already.

You are not losing your patience you are losing your damn mind f00l. One of you idiot says something and all of you mor0ns jump on it like ants on a sugar. Is it not your clueless jonathan that you should be called babaonechance. I know you are too stup1d to figure out that he's the only that got fired after his once chance. Has buried even contest a second term yet? Goshh some of you monkeys don't should not even be talking inthe midst of human beings. But since you imb.eciles would not think with your own brains, I think I've helped you clarify that, Is anyone stopping you from relocating to Otueke?
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by miquelon(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

Well don't you think that can be checked with a firm leader in charge?

I think it's possible, the regulatory body too has to be firm. In all baby steps, let's fix what we have and build on it. Renewable energy is good for the long run

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"We Are Safe And Sound" - VP Osinbajo Says After Helicopter Crash / Picture Of A Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram / Precious Chikwendu Fani-Kayode Expecting Triplets (Maternity Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.