Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari (42880 Views)

Fashola Gives Conditions For Stable Power Supply / Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

Vimi. Let's keep on creating threads with this and hope that it would get to the right hands,we can even try to see if it can be moved to fp

Good luck on ur quest I've bin down that road b4 with no avail, corruption n greed iis clearly seen iin the heart of every top official iin Nigeria tday.
Uu got ma support tho gringringrin
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by CSTR2: 2:32pm On May 30, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Buhari is not a fisherman that he should lie, Nor a son of a fisherman that he should failed his promises.
What do you have against fishermen, you moronicc terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 989900: 2:34pm On May 30, 2015
It's high time we start re-resourcing, diversifying, and thinking outside the box about our power problems.

From power generation from tidal waves, gas, coal, to palm oil, everything that it takes to make this 'power' shame go away.

It's a shame if 2,800 MW (the same a tiny country like Singapore in 1971, with a population less than 1m was generating then) is the average we transmit.
When countries as tiny as Qatar, generate over 10,000 MW from different means, including IPPs generating excess of 650MW from different locations in the country.

Importantly, we need to promote accountability, while seriously whittling down corruption in that sector.

The laws definitely need to be re-written, to facilitate development and progress of our power sector, while not sacrificing security (local and national), environmental safety, and government earnings.

If we can get to 8-12 hours of steady power supply across the country in the next 12-18 months, that will be huge progress!

"Where there is a will, there is a way"
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 2:37pm On May 30, 2015
miquelon:

I think it's possible, the regulatory body too has to be firm. In all baby steps, let's fix what we have and build on it. Renewable energy is good for the long run

Exactly,we should create a seperate thread and see if we can move it to the fp on this of course
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 2:39pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

Good luck on ur quest I've bin down that road b4 with no avail, corruption n greed iis clearly seen iin the heart of every top official iin Nigeria tday.

Yeah i'll keep on doing this and this of course is one of the biggest problems in our nation God help Nigeria...
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by CSTR2: 2:41pm On May 30, 2015
Thank God this is from buhari himself. We will hold him responsible.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 2:42pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

Let me ask this Vimi,if you are called upon to be part of those who would put such a project into motion will you be able to do that?
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

Being an Engineer myself i know and understand what you are talking about you can of course keep the sensitive parts to your self and let's keep on chatting and making all the noise i tell you it would fall into the right hands one day i have posted some of those facts on my timeline on fb already ,don't you think we can create a thread on this?

ii cud offer ma Lil logistics combined with ur factual statistics, might be an unstoppable synergy buh FG willingness is key here...

iif uu wanna change things get a business plan, route iit via http://www.efina.org.ng/as sure p n others might just pack up soon or even schedule a meeting with minister of power!
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by miquelon(m): 2:48pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

Exactly,we should create a seperate thread and see if we can move it to the fp on this of course

Definitely. Are you an engineer?
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 2:52pm On May 30, 2015
miquelon:

Definitely. Are you an engineer?
Yeah a chemical engineer how about you?
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

Let me ask this Vimi,if you are called upon to be part of those who would put such a project into motion will you be able to do that?

I'll humbly say NO n happily walk away, what the likes of Dora akunyili didn't do n was silently taken. I've lost believe iin Nigeria as a nation. I'm sorry, I have a bitter experience.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by persius555(m): 2:56pm On May 30, 2015
all4naija:
You read my post not through it. However, you didn't comprehend anything because you are as clueless and uneducated as the president. Bwahaha...
Why are you so pessimist, all your posts vibrate negative energy. FYI, the last set of people who ruled nigeria before yesterday are bunch of selfish, unpatriotic nigerians who will wreck havoc on any nation's economy including USA, China if given the opportunity. The power sector despite the billions of dollars worth of investment(mostly contracts that are over inflated in figures) is already poised for improvement, if and only if govt croonies with vested interests are willing to let the system work for the citizenery to enjoy. The nation's economic woes is some peoples prosperity. With proper management of the nations resources and our sheer population, its only a matter of time b4 nigeria finds itself among the ten richest countries in the world. The ouside world sees this and that is why they cannot ignore the potential. If ethiopia can build a dam that would generate more than 3,000MW in 5years with 2.5 billion dollars(borrowed funds),why then have we spent over 20 billion dollars in the last 16 years and only 4,000MW to show for it? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 3:00pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

ii cud offer ma Lil logistics combined with ur factual statistics, might be an unstoppable synergy buh FG willingness is key here...

iif uu wanna change things get a business plan, route iit via http://www.efina.org.ng/as sure p n others might just pack up soon or even schedule a meeting with minister of power!

Sure p would only grant funds for you to start a small scale business but we are talking about a government sponsored project here how would we start apart from Sure p..
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by miquelon(m): 3:02pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

Yeah a chemical engineer how about you?
No studied bus mgmt. . Into venture capital really
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

Sure p would only grant funds for you to start a small scale business butlithium-ion we are talking about a government sponsored project here how would we start apart from Sure p..

Hmmmm ma lithium-io iis down, I'll mention uu once am recharged.
Warm Regards.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 3:07pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

I'll humbly say NO n happily walk away, what the likes of Dora akunyili didn't do n was silently taken. I've lost believe iin Nigeria as a nation. I'm sorry, I have a bitter experience.

Hmm you are not wrong there too,i can't even begin to relate mine too.. But would these beautiful ideas die off like that?
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by shammah1(m): 3:07pm On May 30, 2015
UpLoyo:

[s]You are not losing your patience you are losing your damn mind f00l. One of you idiot says something and all of you mor0ns jump on it like ants on a sugar. Is it not your clueless jonathan that you should be called babaonechance. I know you are too stup1d to figure out that he's the only that got fired after his once chance. Has buried even contest a second term yet? Goshh some of you monkeys don't should not even be talking inthe midst of human beings. But since you imb.eciles would not think with your own brains, I think I've helped you clarify that, Is anyone stopping you from relocating to Otueke?[/s]
you're so dumb. Why is it paining your a$$? Most you comment? Use your brain if you have.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 3:08pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

Hmmmm ma lithium-io iis down, I'll mention uu once am recharged. Warm Regards.
I'll be waiting make sure it's filled up completely..
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by abiambo(m): 3:10pm On May 30, 2015
e think say na campaign ground e dey...
gbl01:
He's still promising?
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by 1miccza: 3:10pm On May 30, 2015
miquelon:
No studied bus mgmt. . Into venture capital really
Really? You might as well teach me one or two things about it then...
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by winterfell007(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2015
It's very easy all PMB needs 2 do ensure greater participation of power experts in d industry. GEJ ensured that power sector was liberalized for greater participation by both government and private companies.

Secondly, Sam Amadi, chairman of NERC in 2012 passed two acts into d NERC law namely:
The Embbeded power generation act and the Independent Distribution regulation act. This two beautiful piece enabled distribution companies 2 seek out electricity modular power plant operator. PMB shud ensure that d policy is sustained

Thirdly, ex Governor Raji Fashola has been building captive power plant for gove. Agencies.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by friends4ever(m): 3:41pm On May 30, 2015
In God ee trust...
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by friends4ever(m): 3:41pm On May 30, 2015
In God we trust...
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by wisewisewise: 4:17pm On May 30, 2015
[quote author=shammah1 post=34244988]Okay BabaOneChance. When precisely? I'm losing my patience already. [/quote
Immture imbbecile you have no problem at all
Just locate any nearby TRANSFORMER and HUG IT. it will not harm you. Jonathan transformers are all dead.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by caprini1: 4:21pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:
Lol.. where e go b4? We bin promised stable light since 60's nah haba

My opinion iis for naija to embrace nuclear power as means of power generation for the sake of iits over 180million wards. That's what other successfully lighted nations use. The only ish would be maintenance undecided
Do you want them to kill everybody with Radiation? Ordinary Lagos. National Stadium,they couldn't maintain since. 1974,abeg o!

1 Like

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by NoMoreTrolling: 4:31pm On May 30, 2015
vimi:

1. Nuclear power is cost competitive with other forms of electricity generation, except where there is direct access to low-cost fossil fuels.
2. Fuel costs for nuclear plants are a minor proportion of total generating costs, though capital costs are greater than those for coal-fired plants and much greater than those for gas-fired plants.
3. Providing incentives for long-term, high-capital investment in deregulated markets driven by short-term price signals presents a challenge in securing a diversified and reliable electricity supply system.
4. In assessing the economics of nuclear power, decommissioning and waste disposal costs are fully taken into account.
5. Nuclear power plant construction is typical of large infrastructure projects around the world, whose costs and delivery challenges tend to be under-estimated.

Bro pls be sincere with mee, are the above impossible for a country like Nigeria? iit will amaze you the kinda country that use power plant, many are no where compared to us.

Dude, we already have access to a fossil fuel, coal, which is laying ideal.

Can we start with coal first, from Enugu?

I'm sure we can get about 50,000MW from coal alone. Then when you add dams, gas and maybe renewables in the north and on the shore lines, we'll probably be self sufficient, or at least close enough.
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by Akon419(m): 4:51pm On May 30, 2015
Is this not same APC( buhari ) that said they are expecting 4,000mw of electricity from now till 2019. I still wonder how this illiterate will achieve a stable power supply with only 4,000mw whereas nigeria need about 100,000mw for electricity to be steady. I smell empty promises from empty head

1 Like

Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by sparrow007: 4:51pm On May 30, 2015
hmmmmm, I pray so
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by udeze73(m): 5:04pm On May 30, 2015
jonathan's administration left a lot of promises unfulfiled. politiicians are damn good at making promises but worst at fulfilling them
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by EmekaBlue(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2015
shut up and do it..Action speak louder than noise
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by miquelon(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2015
1miccza:

Really? You might as well teach me one or two things about it then...
Lol, it's really just seeing opportunities around you
Re: Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari by juman(m): 6:57pm On May 30, 2015
More than 20 billion spent on power and there is no single improvement in 16 years.

I wonder how obasanjo and jonathan are able to sleep in the night.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"We Are Safe And Sound" - VP Osinbajo Says After Helicopter Crash / Picture Of A Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram / Precious Chikwendu Fani-Kayode Expecting Triplets (Maternity Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.