Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business (41429 Views)

Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground / Alaafin Of Oyo Steps Out Again With His 4 Wives (photos). / Alaafin Of Oyo & His Wives Cause A Stir At Abuja Airport (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by ektbear: 3:39am On May 10, 2011
There was a female Ooni?

21ST LUWOO (FEMALE)

Interesting!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by tpia5: 4:17am On May 10, 2011
Katsumoto:

I have never quoted from Wiki; besides one will get the list from someone. All through this debate or any other debate, I haven't tried to pass off another's work as mine. I have quoted all sources.

well, the list matches the one on wiki, and the one on wiki quoted ooni.com. I thought you were quoting wiki.

matters like these really cant be confined to one [or more] page/s on a general internet forum.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by isalegan2: 1:29pm On May 10, 2011
Thanks chief, I move that the whole N/L house make you the Aare of this Nairaland grin

Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin

I rise in strong opposition to this proposal:
1) The nominee, while bearing facts and analyses of Yoruba history and culture, has shown disdain for the monarchy and other vital Yoruba traditions;
2) The nominee is Japanese; shocked
3) Only Egbon Kilode and OAM4J can confer titles;
4-10) I just don't like this Katsumoto dude! tongue

For those proud Omo Ooduas, enjoy an aspect of your incomparable culture.  smiley

[flash=400,360]http://www.youtube.com//v/hLNWvGwKlWI[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLNWvGwKlWI

[flash=400,360]http://www.youtube.com//v/iuM3c5g-CVo&NR=1[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuM3c5g-CVo&NR=1
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Kilode1: 1:58pm On May 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

There was a female Ooni?

Interesting!

There are a few Yoruba kingdoms founded and ruled by female kings in Yoruba history. The deeper you delve into Yoruba history and religion the more you appreciate the duality and some interesting gender neutral aspects at its core.

We were probably doing female emancipation, checks and balances and equality before Oyinbos started wearing clothes  cool

This Ogun as a man issue is quite interesting, Katsumoto if you find more sources and info during your research please do share. My part of Yorubaland has an interesting tradition and tale that recognizes Ogun as a living breathing human being. and yes we have a connection to Ife and Oyo that goes deep into the Royal House itself, The Kingdom was founded by direct descendants of Oranmiyan according to oral and written tradition. How I wish they wrote more stuff down.

Hmm Isale, Katsumoto na Professor o, me I'm just a curious searcher. wink
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by isalegan2: 2:45pm On May 10, 2011
Kilode?!:

There are a few Yoruba kingdoms founded and ruled by female kings in Yoruba history. The deeper you delve into Yoruba history and religion the more you appreciate the duality and some interesting gender neutral aspects at its core.

We were probably doing female emancipation, checks and balances and equality before Oyinbos started wearing clothes  cool

You see why I get fit to be tied when I hear the supposedly educated and informed amongst us buying into the propaganda and negative stereotypes ascribed to us.  JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING AGAIN AND AGAIN DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE!  CNN, MTV, US Sitcoms or Textbooks written for the American student are not proponents, or unbiased disseminators, of true knowledge about anything, least of all the African continent.  Because everyone of your friends believes a falsehood does not make it fact.  African women were doing for themselves when your vaunted and superior European women were sitting on the veranda watching the world go by. 

My first experience with gender discrimination was in the USA, the land of the free home of the brave and gender/racial equality.  'Nuff said! 

Hmm Isale, Katsumoto na Professor o, me I'm just a curious searcher. wink

grin grin grin He scares me not even a little bit.  But I'll take a hint and leave before I awaken the ogre in the professor.  wink
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Katsumoto: 3:07pm On May 10, 2011
isale_gan2:

I rise in strong opposition to this proposal:
1) The nominee, while bearing facts and analyses of Yoruba history and culture, has shown disdain for the monarchy and other vital Yoruba traditions;
2) The nominee is Japanese; shocked
3) Only Egbon Kilode and OAM4J can confer titles;
4-10) I just don't like this Katsumoto dude! tongue

For those proud Omo Ooduas, enjoy an aspect of your incomparable culture.  smiley

[flash=400,360]http://www.youtube.com//v/hLNWvGwKlWI[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLNWvGwKlWI

[flash=400,360]http://www.youtube.com//v/iuM3c5g-CVo&NR=1[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuM3c5g-CVo&NR=1

I have never and will never show disdain for Yoruba tradition and culture. Take your time before I take your case to awon irunmoles. angry
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by isalegan2: 3:26pm On May 10, 2011
Katsumoto:

I have never and will never show disdain for Yoruba tradition and culture. Take your time before I take your case to awon irunmoles.   angry

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I've awoken the monster within.  cheesy

Katsumoto:

. . . do you really want me to share? If I do, many more will turn anti-monarchy.   wink

That is a huge part of the (authentic) culture.  You break the top, the rest come tumbling down. . .

Now sheath your sword, please.  We're even. smiley
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by 2mch(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2011
Interesting thread. A chief priest (ooni) is subordinate to the king (Alafin). Chief priest can never be the head. Most kingdoms, past and present have always had Spiritual heads ( or Chief Priests). The chief priest serves the King and should do his bidding as it relates to the gods. Ooni is important in the spiritual sphere of Yoruba culture, but should never be elevated to a king. Travesty. He is a servant of the god's, and it should remain that way. Kingly titles and riches are not his inheritance or what his purpose should be. There is one official king and it is the Alafin.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Kilode1: 3:59pm On May 10, 2011
isale_gan2:

My first experience with gender discrimination was in the USA, the land of the free home of the brave and gender/racial equality.  'Nuff said!

Of course, we all know how "primitive" and "backward" Oyinbo people are now undecided

Even in year 2011, they still can't  bring themseves to print pictures of women shocked shocked shocked
see this link SMH --> http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110509/ts_yblog_thecutline/wheres-hillary-hasidic-paper-breaks-the-rules-by-editing-her-out-of-white-house-photo

^^they cant even print pictures of a fully clothed Hilary Clinton. WTH?!!

Don't tell me Jews are not Oyinbos o, because they are the creators and spiritual backbone of Oyinboism. tongue

We African-Yorubas on the other hand have enough pictures, images, sculptures and cultural practices respecting the role of women. We affirm the equality of our womenfolks while celebrating their unique abilities -complete with full features. cheesy

well, until we lost focus and embraced oyinbo ways. . .

I digress, back to topic. . .
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Dede1(m): 11:30pm On May 10, 2011
@POST

I am always thrilled with history of Yoruba land via Oyo Empire. Throughout the history of Yoruba as I read it, Alaafin of Oyo had remained the paramount “Oba” in Yoruba land.

Please, can someone who is very knowledgeable in Yoruba history inform us connotation of Ooni? I learnt it has something to do with slave or servant. 

The issue of supremacy of Alaafin and Ooni was created by Awolowo’s Action Group government of western region. Alaafin of Oyo had opposed the Action Group and went further to form Egba Omo Oduduwa parapo that saw to the defeat of certain candidates of Action Group in both regional and federal elections in western region.

In other to spite Alaafin politically, Awolowo and AG nominated Ooni of Ife, Oba Adesoji Aderemi as the first indigenous governor of western region and installed Alake of Egbaland as the chairman of western regional house of Chiefs while shunning the presence of Alaafin of Oyo, Olu Ibadan of Ibadan and Oba of Benin. 

The Action Group played the same earth scorching politics in selection of Olu Ibadan of Ibadan as Awolowo and AG made sure that candidate backed by Adelabu Adegoka was not installed Olu Ibadan through legislative maneuvers. 

Akala is still a disciple of Awolowo who seems to continue the political battle royale started in the 50s.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Katsumoto: 11:43pm On May 10, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

I am always thrilled with history of Yoruba land via Oyo Empire. Throughout the history of Yoruba as I read it, Alaafin of Oyo had remained the paramount “Oba” in Yoruba land.

Please, can someone who is very knowledgeable in Yoruba history inform us connotation of Ooni? I learnt it has something to do with slave or servant.

The issue of supremacy of Alaafin and Ooni was created by Awolowo’s Action Group government of western region. Alaafin of Oyo had opposed the Action Group and went further to form Egba Omo Oduduwa parapo that saw to the defeat of certain candidates of Action Group in both regional and federal elections in western region.

In other to spite Alaafin politically, Awolowo and AG nominated Ooni of Ife, Oba Adesoji Aderemi as the first indigenous governor of western region and installed Alake of Egbaland as the chairman of western regional house of Chiefs while shunning the presence of Alaafin of Oyo, Olu Ibadan of Ibadan and Oba of Benin.

The Action Group played the same earth scorching politics in selection of Olu Ibadan of Ibadan as Awolowo and AG made sure that candidate backed by Adelabu Adegoka was not installed Olu Ibadan through legislative maneuvers.

Akala is still a disciple of Awolowo who seems to continue the political battle royal started in the 50s.

Somehow, I knew you were going to link your post to Awolowo. What do they say about old habits? grin

Stating that the Alaafin was the paramount ruler in Yorubaland is analogous to stating that the Roman Emperor is the paramount European ruler because the Romans had an empire that lasted longer than other European empires.

BTW, NEVER EVER STATE THAT AKALA IS A DISCIPLE OF AWOLOWO. angry

Akala is a disciple of Adedibu, OBJ and other Amala politicians.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by OAM4J: 11:54pm On May 10, 2011
Katsumoto:

Somehow, I knew you were going to link your post to Awolowo. What do they say about old habits?   grin

Stating that the Alaafin was the paramount ruler in Yorubaland is analogous to stating that the Roman Emperor is the paramount European ruler because the Romans had an empire that lasted longer than other European empires.

BTW, NEVER EVER STATE THAT AKALA IS A DISCIPLE OF AWOLOWO.  angry

You beat me to this response, I was going to say almost the same thing especially about Alafin being the paramount ruler of Yorubaland and Akala being Awolowo's deciple. Even Alafin will not call himself Alafin of Yorubaland but Alafin of Oyo. but then how much does dede know about Yorubaland, he can be pardoned.

BTW, I am still consulting with the Kingmakers on your chieftancy title. So far, fstranger is Balogun, and Bkbabe is Akogun.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Katsumoto: 12:00am On May 11, 2011
OAM4J:

You beat me to this response, I was going to say almost the same thing especially about Alafin being the paramount ruler of Yorubaland and Akala being Awolowo's deciple. Even Alafin will not call himself Alafin of Yorubaland but Alafin of Oyo. but then how much does dede knows about Yorubaland, he can be pardoned.

BTW, I am still consulting with the Kingmakers on your chieftancy title. So far, fstranger is Balogun, and Bkbabe is Akogun.

grin

What title is that?

BTW, Fstrangers tactic of always looking for fight will make everyone else battle weary soon enough. He needs to be sent on exile. grin

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Dede1(m): 12:04am On May 11, 2011
Katsumoto:

Somehow, I knew you were going to link your post to Awolowo. What do they say about old habits? grin

BTW, NEVER EVER STATE THAT AKALA IS A DISCIPLE OF AWOLOWO. angry

Pal, I am just a messenger and have no intention to link Awolowo with the royal debacle. However, the truth must be told. It is always funny about the old habits especially being truthful. grin grin grin

I did not mean that Alaafin is paramount ruler of Yoruba land. I wrote Alaafin is a paramount “Oba”, Primus Inter Pares in Yoruba land period.

During some of  the constitutional conferences for Nigeria, the British did not invite Ooni of Ife but Alaafin of Oyo as a royal father.  

Do not forget my title in Yoruba Kingdom because I deserved one!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by OAM4J: 12:36am On May 11, 2011
Katsumoto:

grin

What title is that?

BTW, Fstrangers tactic of always looking for fight will make everyone else battle weary soon enough. He needs to be sent on exile. grin

As soon as the kingmakers decide i will let you know your chieftaincy title. Just keep doing the good research you are doing. wink

Fstranger must continue to look for fight/battles else he ceases to be Balogun aka Warrior. It is in winning battles that the kingdom expands and enemies are made to bow to the king.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Katsumoto: 1:15am On May 11, 2011
Dede1:

Pal, I am just a massager and have no intention to link Awolowo with the royal debacle. However, the truth must be told. It is always funny about the old habits especially being truthful. grin grin grin

I did not mean that Alaafin is paramount ruler of Yoruba land. I wrote Alaafin is a paramount “Oba”, Primus Inter Pares in Yoruba land period.

During some of  the constitutional conferences for Nigeria, the British did not invite Ooni of Ife but Alaafin of Oyo as a royal father.  

Do not forget my title in Yoruba Kingdom because I deserved one!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

You mean the British meant well!!!!!!! shocked

Everything the British did was strategic to British interests. They got to Western Nigeria and met several states involved in a war without the old powerhouse (Oyo) being involved in the war. That would have indicated to them that Oyo was no longer a powerhouse. The British needed the war over quickly so that they could go about establishing their rule in the Western part. The British also needed the war to end in a stalemate so as to avoid a situation where the victors combined forces and challenged the British. This is buttressed by the British defeat of Ijebu at Imagbon in 1892 as Ijebu weren't part of the 1886 treaty.

They couldn't sign the treaty with any of the warring parties for several reasons
1. To sign with one e.g Ibadan would prolong the war as Ijesha, Ekiti, Ife, and Egba would have felt that gave victory to Ibadan. Similarly, the British couldn't sign the treaty with one of the other states without bruising Ibadans ego.
2. Oyo was the only state with a deep history and reputation

This is just my opinion.

With regards to your title, a commision will be set-up to determine an appropriate title for you. I am sure Aigbofa and Stranger will be in that commission.   grin

OAM4J:

As soon as the kingmakers decide i will let you know your chieftaincy title. Just keep doing the good research you are doing. wink

Fstranger must continue to look for fight/battles else he ceases to be Balogun aka Warrior. It is in winning battles that the kingdom expands and enemies are made to bow to the king.

grin

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Nobody: 9:17am On May 11, 2011
OAM4J:

Fstranger !!!!! Loogun ofe o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by SegzyJoe(m): 5:51pm On May 19, 2011
@Dede1
Am quite impress by your knowledge of Yoruba History, am just wondering how kasumoto will be making a wide guess about events of a recorded Yoruba history. An history that is not a 1000 yrs old. It only shows that there are many Ooni apologists who think they can change history by mere wishful thinking, when all available books rarely mention Ooni as among the royal house of Yorubaland.

To buttress what you said earlier on about Awolowo AG, infact it was Awolowo and AG government that dethrone the father of this current Aalafin and drove him to exile where he died. This current Aalafin was schooling in London when he was recalled by the Oyo Messi to be coronated after much struggle with AG govt.

That is why Aalafin never supported any Awolowo inclined political party, it was also the same reason why when Aalafin made MKO Aare Ona Kakanfo Ooni went to court but he lost, in short Ooni was among the people that mastermind the destruction of June 12 mandate, where were these apologists when Students of Ife were waylaying Ooni while coming from his double dealing mission to the military government in Abuja those days of the June 12 struggle, at a time he had to run to Lagos.

The truth is hard to be told, in royalty, power and majesty as far as Yoruba race is concerned, Aalafin is supreme and Ooni is not even among the royal houses of Yoruba race, Ooni was not even a first class Oba in Yoruba land, Ooni is a political creation of the AG government, and it has ever been sustained by political patronage. Ooni title is a creation from the begining to fill a vacum.

I challenge any one to tell me the name of the seven sons of Okanbi the son of Oduduwa that became the Ooni of Ife. We know of Oranmiyan as Aalafin, Alaketu of Ketu, Orangun of Ila, of Onipopop, of Onisabe etc, who among these great sons of Okanbi was the father of Ooni, untill Kasumoto and his Ooni apologists could tell me without guess work the father of Ooni among these sons, then, I will think Ooni deserve a respect, but certainly not in the class of Aalafin. The current Aalafin and his dynasty has tradition and estbalished institutions for ages, that is why it is difficult for him to be buying political patronage for recognition, it is not in the tradition of Aalafin, it is only Ooni that need recognition, all Yoruba race knows Aalafin is supreme, infact the title itself was born out of the fact that Aalafin was the only palace of repute in Yorubaland, it was the only institution that was ascribed that title.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by GODSON2009(m): 8:42pm On May 19, 2011
this ooni of ife is one of the most useless obas ever,to re write history this blantantly for his own personal ego trip and just because he is wealthier than the allafin of oyo.
he is not only stopping at that now he is trying to tacticaly undercut the power base of the alaafin by encouraging junior obas to disrespect him,as it is now he has soiled his hands with the filthy lucre of pdp contracts and oil blocks now he doesnt command much respect with the present governor and people in his own state yet he has the mouth to cause confusing in a different state.
what is wrong with these useless old people?? as one of the custodians of yoruba history,he is holding that throne and the history attached to it in trust for the yorubas gence it behoves him to keep his big mouth shut and appear dignified, the british royal family are not looked up to all around the world just because of money but the queen and the rest will never make any controversial comment in public.even during the testing times of diana she never publicly made any controversial comments this oni of a man should learn from them as old as he is
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by OAM4J: 6:16am On May 20, 2011
SegzyJoe:

@Dede1
Am quite impress by your knowledge of Yoruba History, am just wondering how kasumoto will be making a wide guess about events of a recorded Yoruba history. An history that is not a 1000 yrs old. It only shows that there are many Ooni apologists who think they can change history by mere wishful thinking, when all available books rarely mention Ooni as among the royal house of Yorubaland.

To buttress what you said earlier on about Awolowo AG, infact it was Awolowo and AG government that dethrone the father of this current Aalafin and drove him to exile where he died. This current Aalafin was schooling in London when he was recalled by the Oyo Messi to be coronated after much struggle with AG govt.

That is why Aalafin never supported any Awolowo inclined political party, it was also the same reason why when Aalafin made MKO Aare Ona Kakanfo Ooni went to court but he lost, in short Ooni was among the people that mastermind the destruction of June 12 mandate, where were these apologists when Students of Ife were waylaying Ooni while coming from his double dealing mission to the military government in Abuja those days of the June 12 struggle, at a time he had to run to Lagos.

The truth is hard to be told, in royalty, power and majesty as far as Yoruba race is concerned, Aalafin is supreme and Ooni is not even among the royal houses of Yoruba race, Ooni was not even a first class Oba in Yoruba land, Ooni is a political creation of the AG government, and it has ever been sustained by political patronage. Ooni title is a creation from the begining to fill a vacum.

I challenge any one to tell me the name of the seven sons of Okanbi the son of Oduduwa that became the Ooni of Ife. We know of Oranmiyan as Aalafin, Alaketu of Ketu, Orangun of Ila, of Onipopop, of Onisabe etc, who among these great sons of Okanbi was the father of Ooni, untill Kasumoto and his Ooni apologists could tell me without guess work the father of Ooni among these sons, then, I will think Ooni deserve a respect, but certainly not in the class of Aalafin. The current Aalafin and his dynasty has tradition and estbalished institutions for ages, that is why it is difficult for him to be buying political patronage for recognition, it is not in the tradition of Aalafin, it is only Ooni that need recognition, all Yoruba race knows Aalafin is supreme, infact the title itself was born out of the fact that Aalafin was the only palace of repute in Yorubaland, it was the only institution that was ascribed that title.

You dont give up, do you?

Was there an Oyo empire when Awolowo and AG "dethroned" the then Alafin? Was the former Alafin called Alafin of Yorubaland or was there any Alafin of Yorubaland for that matter? or was it Awolowo that fell The powerful Oyo empire?

This is not about Awolowo or AG interference. We are talking about facts from our history, which remains that; Alafin is just one of the grand sons of Oduduwa, who founded Oyo. Oyo later became powerful and and overuled many other Yoruba lands. But never was the whole Yorubaland under the rule of Alafin, and even if they were at a time, they later fought for their independence and got it and Oyo empire fell. So how did Alafin become the Alafin of Yorubaland, was Alafin the founder of all Yorubaland from inception till date?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by OAM4J: 6:24am On May 20, 2011
GODSON2009:

this ooni of ife is one of the most useless obas ever,to re write history this blantantly for his own personal ego trip and just because he is wealthier than the allafin of oyo.
he is not only stopping at that now he is trying to tacticaly undercut the power base of the alaafin by encouraging junior obas to disrespect him,as it is now he has soiled his hands with the filthy lucre of pdp contracts and oil blocks now he doesnt command much respect with the present governor and people in his own state yet he has the mouth to cause confusing in a different state.
what is wrong with these useless old people?? as one of the custodians of yoruba history,he is holding that throne and the history attached to it in trust for the yorubas gence it behoves him to keep his big mouth shut and appear dignified, the british royal family are not looked up to all around the world just because of money but the queen and the rest will never make any controversial comment in public.even during the testing times of diana she never publicly made any controversial comments this oni of a man should learn from them as old as he is

Dont confuse the ones sitting on those thrones with the thrones.

We are talking about the throne of Oduduwa in Ile ife, that throne is higher than the throne of Alafin of Oyo irrespective of whoever is sitting on both thrones.

No matter how you guys explain/interpret history, fact remains that Oyo throne like many other Yoruba thrones came from Ife and not the other way round.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Busybody2(f): 10:52pm On May 21, 2011
To the person opening their fat gob to yarn utter tosh and arrant nonsense and opata that Ooni does not have a crown, what about the ade-ara that he wears in Oke Mogun at that annual ceremony thingy undecided undecided undecided
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Katsumoto: 12:57am On May 22, 2011
OAM4J:

You dont give up, do you?

Was there an Oyo empire when Awolowo and AG "dethroned" the then Alafin? Was the former Alafin called Alafin of Yorubaland or was there any Alafin of Yorubaland for that matter? or was it Awolowo that fell The powerful Oyo empire?

This is not about Awolowo or AG interference. We are talking about facts from our history, which remains that; Alafin is just one of the grand sons of Oduduwa, who founded Oyo. Oyo later became powerful and and overuled many other Yoruba lands. But never was the whole Yorubaland under the rule of Alafin, and even if they were at a time, they later fought for their independence and got it and Oyo empire fell. So how did Alafin become the Alafin of Yorubaland, was Alafin the founder of all Yorubaland from inception till date?

Thank you

Some people seem to think that the school yard bully who has been trashed by one of the young guns should remain relevant. His relevance was only as a result of his might, once upon a time. Oyo does have not have any relevance today, whether political or military. Whilst Oduduwa was not the progenitor of the Yoruba people, it is a fact that his children founded most of the Yoruba kingdoms. Even the Awori people who later settled in Lagos and Ogun were from Ife. If the Alaafin or any of his subjects feel they are superior to Ife or any other Yoruba oba, perhaps it is time to get their Aare to wage war and reclaim all of Yoruba land, if they can.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by lucabrasi(m): 12:58am On May 22, 2011
@busybody
happy new year o,but im afraid i ll disgree with you concerning this ooni of ife strictly on moral grounds ,the man has been divisive and partial in his support he has been the architect of confusion amongst  osun state politicians some of who are young enough to be his children all because of the filthy lucre of contracts.
it is totally wrong of him to encourage smaller obas to disrespect the alaafin of oyo just because he is richer and more influential than the man,no matter what he cant live another 50 years and if he continues with these trend of trying to re write history because of his ego it will come back later to hauntthe yorubas, i read a comment where someone mentioned the queen of england which is true mama charlie will never put any of her family or fellow royals down in public even if she is cross with them and this is simply to protect the royal institution.that is why the british royal family are respected all over the world.
the man is not only ridiculing the yoruba royal insitution by his actions,but bringing it into dis repute,
i will love to see how he will relate to action congress governor and other party officials with the way he has burnt bridges by openly and unashamedly supporting pdp
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by zstranger: 1:55am On May 22, 2011
For Gods sake: what does

Busy_body:

To the person opening their fat gob to yarn utter tosh and arrant nonsense and opata that Ooni does not have a crown, what about the ade-ara that he wears in Oke Mogun at that annual ceremony thingy undecided undecided undecided

have to do with this trash below?

lucabrasi:

@busybody
happy new year o,but im afraid i ll disgree with you concerning this ooni of ife strictly on moral grounds ,the man has been divisive and partial in his support he has been the architect of confusion amongst  osun state politicians some of who are young enough to be his children all because of the filthy lucre of contracts.
it is totally wrong of him to encourage smaller obas to disrespect the alaafin of oyo just because he is richer and more influential than the man,no matter what he cant live another 50 years and if he continues with these trend of trying to re write history because of his ego it will come back later to hauntthe yorubas, i read a comment where someone mentioned the queen of england which is true mama charlie will never put any of her family or fellow royals down in public even if she is cross with them and this is simply to protect the royal institution.that is why the british royal family are respected all over the world.
the man is not only ridiculing the yoruba royal insitution by his actions,but bringing it into dis repute,
i will love to see how he will relate to action congress governor and other party officials with the way he has burnt bridges by openly and unashamedly supporting pdp

Some people are really stupidddddd. Talking about PDP, wtf?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by lucabrasi(m): 1:58am On May 22, 2011
zstranger:

For Gods sake: what does

have to do with this trash below?

Some people are really stupidddddd. Talking about PDP, wtf?

i am very sure you are high on some prime skunk,go drink garri or get some food to relieve you
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Busybody2(f): 2:53am On May 22, 2011
Zstranger, soffry soffry oh, Lucabrasi na awo biko cheesy Would love to see you two intelligent 'un clash minds though, If Nairaland wants 2 different users with similar personality and temperament, you are both it and can pass for twins intellectually, and I ain't pulling no one's legs here cheesy
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Nobody: 3:12am On May 22, 2011
Busy_body:

Zstranger, soffry soffry oh, Lucabrasi na awo biko cheesy Would love to see you two intelligent 'un clash minds though, If Nairaland wants 2 different users with similar personality and temperament, you are both it and can pass for twins intellectually, and I ain't pulling no one's legs here cheesy

BusyBody, someone would think you're intelligent like myself. You forget I do sabi you tey tey. tongue These your smokescreen won't work on me, better go to romance. tongue Everybody is saying ooni this, alaafin that, you sef you want to put mouth. Go jor. tongue tongue tongue tongue Tell them at the psych ward to use handcuffs not those tiny ropes they use to tie you down, because they don't work. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by lucabrasi(m): 1:12pm On May 22, 2011
Busy_body:

LOL RAPTURE NEVER CARRY YOU?me im in heaven already o,im using dagrin's laptop to quickly check nairaland
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Busybody2(f): 12:22am On May 23, 2011
stillwater:

BusyBody, someone would think you're intelligent like myself. You forget I do sabi you tey tey. tongue These your smokescreen won't work on me, better go to romance. tongue Everybody is saying ooni this, alaafin that, you sef you want to put mouth. Go jor. tongue tongue tongue tongue Tell them at the psych ward to use handcuffs not those tiny ropes they use to tie you down, because they don't work. tongue tongue tongue

I will tell my Mummy for you, you will see angry Don't beg me oh angry

[s]Chei, why you come expose my fowl yansh like so embarassed  It took me about 2 hours to come up with those lines y'know embarassed I also had a brainwave about something called opa oranmiyan but for the life of me didn't know diddly-squat about it, nor how to relate it to the thread, shame on me, and to think I am from ile-ife, the fountain of knowledge too, wharrashame embarassed embarassed embarassed[/s]

What a gem of wisdom that two-line piece by me was, infact it deserves to be awarded the best well-thought out post on Nairaland, surely with this coupla lines displaying what I can do, the author of the Magna Carta ain't got nada on me tongue

Ha ha look at my post again Stillwarra, just peep it, which other post on this thread, or the whole of Nairaland sef, can compare, admit I am a natural born genius jare grin

lucabrasi:

LOL RAPTURE NEVER CARRY YOU?me im in heaven already o,im using dagrin's laptop to quickly check nairaland

Rapture fit carry wind grin cheesy grin Una nefa hia say Heaven is on Earth, you don miss road chei, pele, u don enter one chance, i will keep you in my prayers grin

I have gone places on Nairaland oh, na me dey win most intelligent on Nairaland since 2002 to date, infact you missed the awards ceremony with 300,000 attendees, it was one in town, infact it was Obama himself that presented my award P Infact can you imagine Stillwarra learned at my feet, now she too has blossomed, and has started coming second, now she nor go let me hia word again angry Oh well, she is darned good cause i trained her wella, ha I am too good, i surpass myself all the time grin
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by OAM4J: 12:45am On May 23, 2011
^^Baby girl, why dont you wait for me at the romance or family section. When i finish discussing politics with my friends, i will join you there. Ok? kiss
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo To Ooni Of Ife: Mind Your Own Business by Pukkah: 1:26pm On May 23, 2011
SegzyJoe:

@Dede1

[b]I challenge any one to tell me the name of the seven sons of Okanbi the son of Oduduwa that became the Ooni of Ife. We know of Oranmiyan as Aalafin, Alaketu of Ketu, Orangun of Ila, of Onipopop, of Onisabe etc, who among these great sons of Okanbi was the father of Ooni, untill Kasumoto and his Ooni apologists could tell me without guess work the father of Ooni among these sons, then, I will think Ooni deserve a respect, but certainly not in the class of Aalafin. [/b]The current Aalafin and his dynasty has tradition and estbalished institutions for ages, that is why it is difficult for him to be buying political patronage for recognition, it is not in the tradition of Aalafin, it is only Ooni that need recognition, all Yoruba race knows Aalafin is supreme, infact the title itself was born out of the fact that Aalafin was the only palace of repute in Yorubaland, it was the only institution that was ascribed that title.

This is a question that should be answered without vacillating or equivocating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Lecturers Protest Unpaid Salaries (Photo) / Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) / 1 Biafran Pound = 682.66 Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.