Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,073 members, 7,842,046 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC (28310 Views)

"Wike Has Performed Better Than Federal Government In Just Two Years" - Akpabio / Amaechi’s Confirmation: Wike Has Been Put To Shame – Rivers APC / ‘Wike Has Squandered Over N120bn In 100 Days’- Rivers APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by mjb05(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2015
Some ppl no gt brain dem go just dey talk with sentiment, shy na election dey do 4 rivers,waitin wike go do 4 inec office after election
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by shammah1(m): 12:26pm On May 31, 2015
The result will even worsen for APC
dearpreye:

Leave that matter. Wike won out rightly. ....

New election? The same results. I swear.
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 31, 2015
shammah1:
The result will even worsen for APC

I tell you! It will get worse. There's NO way APC can win Rivers. No way!
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Osbem(m): 12:29pm On May 31, 2015
JEGA01:
The Rivers State chapter of the All Progressives Congress has vowed to unseat the newly inaugurated governor of the state, Nyesom Wike at the tribunal despite his assumption of office.

Wike was declared winner of the April 11governorship election in the state by the Independent National Electoral Commission. He contested on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, but the All Progressives Congress, APC, is challenging his victory.

However, APC chairman in the state, Davies Ikanya, in a statement on Saturday, argued that Wike was unjustly declared the winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

Davies counselled Wike not to embark on any long term project, adding that he (Wike) has a short time to stay in office. He also asked the governor not to change the curtains and furnitures in the Government House, because he has limited time to spend.

“Mr. Wike was unjustly declared winner by the state INEC, which never hides its connivance with Rivers PDP.

“He does not have the legitimate mandate of the good people of Rivers State to act as their governor. We remain confident that the Election Petition Tribunal will do the needful and sack him accordingly in view of the materials submitted to them, in view of the immorality associated with his occupation of the Government House and in view of the outcry of the people of Rivers State that he does not have their mandate to serve as their governor.

“As we wait to reclaim the mandate of the Rivers State people, which was wickedly seized by INEC in their desperation to impose Wike as the governor of Rivers State, we wish to state that we will not allow the blood of our members spilled to be in vain.

“We owe them and their families the duty to ensure that a God-fearing governor in the person of Dr. Dakuku Peterside is duly installed in the Government House based on the mandate of the good Rivers State people,” Ikanya said in the statement.

Davies advised Rivers people to endure whatever hardship that may come from Wike’s administration, pending the restoration of the mandate they gave to the party’s candidate, Dakuku Peterside.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/31/wike-has-a-short-time-in-office-rivers-apc/

Story for the gods,
WIKE IS OUR GOVERNOR, no more no less
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by jorlons(m): 12:30pm On May 31, 2015
Freemanan:
This is one of the issues GMB has to address being the National Leader of APC.... Being an opposition doesn't mean you wish the administration of your adversary crumbles and fails. For Moses sake this is politics and the electorate should be the hub of it. Why undermining that? The failure of any administration is the sorrow of the ordinary man, it won't affect your adversaries (PDP) in anyway.... Sai Baba should instill some morality into his lieutenants.

HEYWO! E don turn " Moses sake" cheesy

Look, nobody is saying wike can never govern Rivers, all we are saying is that the last conducted election was a sham and you can't expect a major opposition like APC to fold their arms and accept the result.

They'll definitely cry foul even though they may not stand a chance if it were to be re-run.

Winning that election with that margin was the height of stoopidity on the part of PDP.

The result will be annulled and a re-run will take place, in all PDP will still take the mantle.
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by shammah1(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2015
APC are desperately looking for oil ATM in Rivers State and they won't get it. Was the kano result not outrageous? Did we died? Useless, brainless and shameless people
dearpreye:

I tell you! It will get worse. There's NO way APC can win Rivers. No way!
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by nationwide1(m): 12:35pm On May 31, 2015
franchizy:

I'm a PDP supporter but let's call a spade a spade and an axe an axe. There was no election in Rivers state and as such we must allow justice to prevail.
PDP were never smart nor wise enough. Rivers state is a PDP state and off course PDP would have won Rivers hands down even without the massive rigging or blood shed.
If the election is nullified today I bet you wine will find it difficult to defeat the APC without a federal might.
Wines powers and strength was the the federal might. Now he can't control the police or the military and I doubt his chances of defeating the APC in a re-run election.
Let's put sentiment aside and face the reality. APC is now in the centre and anything can happen. Those drumming for war or violence should wine be unseated, I bet you all that nothing will happen.
Let's pray for Gods intervention for Wine but I doubt if God will intervene for him.
All you're saying is had Dakuku won, it would have been free and fair.
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 12:35pm On May 31, 2015
dearpreye:

It's very obvious you're NOT that conversant with the happenings in Rivers state. No one hates Wike like you posited.

It was supposed to be the turn of the riverine tribes to produce the next Governor. But for the defection of Amaechi to the APC, Adol Peter side would have simply walked into the government house.

The riverine had to agree to allow Wike run since he alone has the clout and following to frustrate the wish of Amaechi. Little summary.

Thanks for the clarification. I do hope to learn from you.
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 31, 2015
jorlons:

HEYWO! E don turn " Moses sake" cheesy

Look, nobody is saying wike can never govern Rivers, all we are saying is that the last conducted election was a sham and you can't expect a major opposition like APC to fold their arms and accept the result.

They'll definitely cry foul even though they may not stand a chance if it were to be re-run.

Winning that election with that margin was the height of stoopidity on the part of PDP.

The result will be annulled and a re-run will take place, in all PDP will still take the mantle.

Point understood... I wish you can do same for mine.
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by olaideeeedris(m): 12:36pm On May 31, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
If anytin happens in rivers state
Naija shld be ready for war
Dis country is gonna divide
Buhari won't make such risk
Na so una go dey make mouth. Anyway, make sure you come to that war front with all your brothers and sisters because another person will not fight and die for your cause
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by papoose999(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2015
dearpreye:

Yes. Their ATM!
d ATM was used a lot durin d last electn campaign
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 31, 2015
shammah1:
APC are desperately looking for oil ATM in Rivers State and they won't get it. Was the kano result not outrageous? Did we died? Useless, brainless and shameless people

The stench of their hypocrisy cam induce a premature delivery in a pregnant woman! !!!

They want this state at all cost. Unfortunately, they've met in Wike a very ferocious and able opposition.

Rivers wasn't the only state with electoral irregularities. Why the special attention? Oil money!

1 Like

Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by dubbiskelly(m): 12:40pm On May 31, 2015
franchizy:

I'm a PDP supporter but let's call a spade a spade and an axe an axe. There was no election in Rivers state and as such we must allow justice to prevail.
PDP were never smart nor wise enough. Rivers state is a PDP state and off course PDP would have won Rivers hands down even without the massive rigging or blood shed.
If the election is nullified today I bet you wine will find it difficult to defeat the APC without a federal might.
Wines powers and strength was the the federal might. Now he can't control the police or the military and I doubt his chances of defeating the APC in a re-run election.
Let's put sentiment aside and face the reality. APC is now in the centre and anything can happen. Those drumming for war or violence should wine be unseated, I bet you all that nothing will happen.
Let's pray for Gods intervention for Wine but I doubt if God will intervene for him.

All i see is wine, wine, wine! undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by kingmoses1: 12:40pm On May 31, 2015
A P C SHOULD ACCEPT THE RESULT AND MOVE ON IT MUST NOT BE APC ALL THE WAY WE ARE FAMILY
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by nationwide1(m): 12:40pm On May 31, 2015
franchizy:

You see why they say we PDP are hypocrites. Now you ask me what does been at the centre means but this was the usual slogan of the PDP.
This was why the PDP survived. I bet you without a federal might wike won't survive.
Let's watch and see the end
You're so good at dreaming and dreaming negatively too.
You think this is military autocratic government?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by obyno417(m): 12:43pm On May 31, 2015
APC should concentrate on federal level 1st b4 fighting 4 state, dey should figure out how to futfill what dey have promised Nigerians and allow wike and rivers people to sort dem selves out. Nigeria has a greater challenge ahead dan wike been a governor
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 31, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Thanks for the clarification. I do hope to learn from you.
And vice versa. It's a two way thing!

Amechi's defection cost Adol Peterside his gubernatorial ambition.

The election wasn't actually between Wike and Adol; it was rather between Amaechi and GEJ! !!!
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by richidinho(m): 12:45pm On May 31, 2015
franchizy:

Sharaaaaaap

Are u in Port Harcourt?
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 31, 2015
franchizy:

why are u trying to clone francizy moniker, be yourself and stop lying about supporting PDP. Wike has come to stay
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Alao96(m): 12:48pm On May 31, 2015
Dem wan kill my wike
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Alao96(m): 12:48pm On May 31, 2015
Dem wan kill my wike oooo
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by adebisiolumide5(m): 12:53pm On May 31, 2015
Who is this "WINE" we are talking about?
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by tommykiwi(m): 12:57pm On May 31, 2015
midolian:
Obviously cheesy grin
I laugh una face,dat is my governor and he will remain there.Wike bobo carry go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by franchizy(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are so desperate to look like a Pdp supporter here but ur sentiments for Apc continue to give you up,so d tribunal will remove Wike dat we voted for and install Apc dat didn't get upto 100k votes just like that?Godforbid

I have never said the tribunal will unseat wike and install Dakuku, all im saying is that there was no election in Rivers state and we PDP must allow justice to prevail.
Its obvious that with all the evidences presented by the APC at the tribunal, our great party (PDP) can never escape justice.
Every good political analyst will conclude that if there is a re-run election today, APC stands a better chance to carry the day in Rivers state.
Wike has the support of the Ikwerres only but i can tell now that there is division in the ikwerres now that majority are now supporting Dakuku even the council of Traditional rulers of ikwerre land are all backing Dakuku including the Ogbako Ikwerre.
Believe PDP is in for a big challenges. This is why i still insist that we must go back to the drawing room to strategise rather than talking so much here.
Command has change and PDP is powerless in Rivers state. I will always put party aside and speak the truth.
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Legitbaba(m): 1:02pm On May 31, 2015
[quote author=franchizy post=34273476][/quote]
Fool....so u were deceived to believe dat there was no election in rivers right?? i pity people like u...cos u'd believe anything b cos of sentiment

1 Like

Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by spencekat(m): 1:05pm On May 31, 2015
This is laughable!
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:06pm On May 31, 2015
franchizy:

I have never said the tribunal will unseat wike and install Dakuku, all im saying is that there was no election in Rivers state and we PDP must allow justice to prevail.
Its obvious that with all the evidences presented by the APC at the tribunal, our great party (PDP) can never escape justice.
Every good political analyst will conclude that if there is a re-run election today, APC stands a better chance to carry the day in Rivers state.
Wike has the support of the Ikwerres only but i can tell now that there is division in the ikwerres now that majority are now supporting Dakuku even the council of Traditional rulers of ikwerre land are all backing Dakuku including the Ogbako Ikwerre.
Believe PDP is in for a big challenges. This is why i still insist that we must go back to the drawing room to strategise rather than talking so much here.
Command has change and PDP is powerless in Rivers state. I will always put party aside and speak the truth.
You are not Pdp and stop dreaming Apc would rig themseleves into power even if command has change gear,a party can only rig when its popular that's why Buhari won,Apc is not accepted in Rivers!
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by UncleJudax(m): 1:06pm On May 31, 2015
kestolove95:
Rivers sai dakuku
Oyo grin
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Wizlove(m): 1:10pm On May 31, 2015
franchizy:

Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by franchizy(m): 1:11pm On May 31, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are not Pdp and stop dreaming Apc would rig themseleves into power even if command has change gear,a party can only rig when its popular that's why Buhari won,Apc is not accepted in Rivers!

I disagree with you to say APC isnot popular in Rivers state. Without the influence of GEJ and PEJ , APC would have won Rivers state.
Instead of our party to be stragising you people are here talking trash forgeting that this is politics and anything can happen.
All we want is for a governor to be elected legitimately and not through massive rigging or blood shed.
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Dmano: 1:12pm On May 31, 2015
Question is 4 those shouting federal might in rivers when he could not save himsef is it wike he will save?with Amechi as a governor,truth is gej is 4rom south south,if kasina voted their son i dont think it was unjust 4rivers people 2vote their son too,head or tail wike won,i remember d who even 4got her brother was runing as senator under apc but 4d anoyance of how other region was against gej was ask by her son mumy hope u voted 4uncle ,she said i 4got i just umbrara umbrara
Re: Wike Has A Short Time In Office – Rivers APC by Wizlove(m): 1:13pm On May 31, 2015
franchizy:

. PDP member my ass. Ole shame on you and your generation unborn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Kills 25 Boko Haram Terrorists, Rescues 18 Persons (Graphic Photos) / IBB Returns Home After 7-week Medical Trip / FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.