Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! (51473 Views)

I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. / Feminism: The True Colour / Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ewuro4:

Nah.. I have so much to live for cool

Unlike your whorish mother that ended her life because of you. I get it though , projecting your frustration on me will not help you. See a shrink kid. It'll do you a lot of good.

shocked shocked sad sad
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Ewuro4: 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
FriedPlantain:
shocked shocked sad sad

Na jejely I dey mind my own business watching early morning CNN news , then came a jelly livered wannabe knight calling for a fight. grin
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by troy20(m): 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ewuro4:

Na jejely I dey mind my own business watching early morning CNN news , then came a jelly livered wannabe knight calling for a fight. grin
she is just another example of my earliear point.a pained generation of women who wish men never existed.spare yourself all these before she drags you down further.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Ewuro4: 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
troy20:

she is just another example of my earliear point.a pained generation of women who wish men never existed.spare yourself all these before she drags you down further.

Can you imagine. Someone I don't know ( old & new moniker joined) , always stalking & bashing me to score cheap points.

Oh I'm done since 5 mins ago. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by ihedinobi2: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
ApexTitan:

I will repeat the point I have been trying to make again: In a marriage between a man and a woman the man is best suited to assume the leadership/dominant role. His very nature expects and demands that of him. If this notion is difficult to understand then perhaps the following statement should, upon careful consideration, make things clearer; in a marriage the woman is best equipped to play the child bearing role. This is not to say that this is the woman's only role but when question of child bearing is considered in a man/woman relationship this lot falls squarely on the woman. In the same vein questions of dominance/leadership fall squarely on the man. [In making this statement I am in no way implying that women are incapable of assuming any kind of leadership position, far from it, this assertion of male dominance is pertinent within the dynamics of inter-gender relations which in this case is marriage!]

You are still operating under a faulty premise. Men and women are not equal. They are complimentary. Just as the heart is not equal to the lungs and the eyes are not equal to the ears so are men not equal to women. By their very natures their existential experiences and functions are markedly different and yet complimentary as a whole.

As a man I am of the conviction that womanhood, true womanhood and not the caricatures that it is forced to assume today, is of the uttermost importance to humanity. A vitalising and ennobling influence as can be found nowhere else lies with the woman. I have no intentions of belittling her or stifling her potentials, I am only calling out a misconception that is the root of much that has gone wrong with our world today.

I absolutely had to join the standing ovation, brother. This is a beautiful explanation!

Thanks, Bros TV, for calling my attention to it. smiley
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by troy20(m): 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Same way you wish women never existed to be a glorify gay. You wish! cheesy

Real-men who understood feminism don't argue with feminists, infact they marry feminists and move on with their life happily. smiley
try to purge yourself of all this hate of men.your brand of real men who understand and accept what you want them to is your own creation.a real man shouldnt be your creation.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
Whether i'm a male or female shouldn't be a subject of discussion - sigh.

Seems some people won't accept the bitter truth because it's coming from their own gender.

Anyway, I've forgotten they won't have chance to label me man-hater/misandry hence the conspiracy theory. grin
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by kaboninc(m): 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Same way you wish women never existed to be a glorify gay. You wish! cheesy

Real-men who understood feminism don't argue with feminists, infact they marry feminists and move on with their life happily. smiley

looooool

I laugh
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by troy20(m): 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
FrancisTony:
Whether i'm a male or female shouldn't be a subject of discussion - sigh.

Seems some people won't accept the bitter truth because it's coming from their own gender.

Anyway, I've forgotten they won't have chance to label me man-hater/misandry hence the conspiracy theory. grin
i knew you were a woman long ago.
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by crackhaus: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

7 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
SMH.

Pls go on. Bring a different meaning that doesn't mean the same thing I said.

troy20:

cococandy see how you lie and twist a healthy igbo adage just to make your point.there is no length you wont go eh? "Ugwu nwanyi bu di ya" clearly means "the diginity of a woman is her husband".'di ya' is even a husband for christsake! it is a whole lot different from "a woman is not worthy of respect except she has a man in her life" whether loosely or not."ugwu nwanyi bu di ya"is an adage mostly used by older women towards younger women to emphasis the importance of respect and responsibility towards there husbands and homes.its more didactic.it is an adage mainly said to married women or intending wives as advice among other things a mother tells her married daughter as she builds her home.there is even a song created by women for it.cococandy knows it and more.so why twist a rich african cultural adage into such example to support your dark pursuites.anything to bring men to there knees eh? honestly its really cruel and malisciously wicked.this is just one of the reasons men are mistrustfull of the intents of feminism.am still struggling with my live experience of feisty feminists whom no doubt from actions are just out to get men and some comments here trying to describe the noble purpose of feminism.feminism is a nicely masked hatred of men and what we represent.i think men should be extreemly carefull of the women in their lives.
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

hahahaha!
cococandy has been busted - she feels she's the only one that knows igbo language.

nice spot, bro!
pls how is 'the dignity of a woman is her husband' different from 'the respect of is woman is her husband.'

It's really pointless trying to make any sense to any of you as long as you have your minds made up.
So a woman without husband has no dignity and that's not sexist to you and to that mischievous troy20?

Once again I shake my head for you.

Of course it will be a healthy tradition in his eyes. Why not? It places him on a pedestal where he can mess up and his wife will feel like she doesn't want to discard her 'dignity' by leaving himself make a single lady feel like she's without dignity.

I don't blame you troy20 for not seeing the sexism in that 'honorable' adage. Perspectives will never be the same in life.
As you can see, life is fair or unfair according to how it treats you.

That you even had the temerity to insult me while saying the same thing I'm saying says a bunch about how mulish you are about reason.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by lilmax(m): 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ewuro4:

chai
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
troy20:

i knew you were a woman long ago.
Proof. grin

I'll love you to post my nude as a female with breasst - nippless and vagiina uncovered. cool
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by troy20(m): 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:
SMH.

Pls go on. Bring a different meaning that doesn't mean the same thing I said.

the purpose of that adage is for a home of married couples.one example; a well cared for husband is the diginity of his wife.primarily, it wasnt made to ascribe indignity to single women who are yet to snag a man.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
troy20:

the purpose of that adage is for a home of married couples.one example; a well cared for husband is the diginity of his wife.primarily, it wasnt made to ascribe indignity to single women who are yet to snag a man.

you were not and have never been a woman.
None of your parents or older relations have ever said to you.

''T nwa m now that you've graduated from school, when are you going to bring a man home? You know that no matter your education and achievement if you're not married it's not complete. Remember that ugwu nwanyi bu di ya"

You have never been a single woman. Stop saying what you don't know.

You're not an older spinster who's in her 40s and has been shushed in a gathering of women because she's a 'nwa okpu' who's place should be in her husband's house and not with the other women married into the community.
Basically she has no place as a woman because she's not married.

I hate it when you guys start saying this of which you have no experience. Pls shut it.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
crackhaus:
Phony manb1tches. cool
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by crackhaus: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Phony manb1tches. cool
Get your degree child, pharmacy is much too tough a course for you to be online a lot and causing trouble. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
crackhaus:

Get your degree child, pharmacy is much too tough a course for you to be online a lot and causing trouble. gringrin
I'm done with my exams and i'm at home currently now.
It's Pharmacology not Pharmacy.
Let me use this time to deal with Ewuro4 and Toonoisy. cool
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by crackhaus: 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

I'm done with my exams and at home.
It's Pharmacology not Pharmacy.
Let me use this time to deal with Ewuro4 and Toonoisy. cool
Ohh Pharmacology, lucky you - I hope they don't probate students in this department who fail to meet the minimum credit load requirement before moving on to the next level?... cos that might be really hard for you with the amount of time you spend gallivanting around here gringrin

Err, baby lady... you ain't dealing with no one actually, just making a grand show of yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
crackhaus:

Ohh Pharmacology, lucky you - I hope they don't probate students in this department who fail to meet the minimum credit load requirement before moving on to the next level?... cos that might be really hard for you with the amount of time you spend gallivanting around here gringrin

Err, baby lady... you ain't dealing with no one actually, just making a grand show of yourself.
Probating is for 100level student at the main campus before moving to College of medicine.
Lol, you can check the number of days/hours I have spent here, it's not upto 3days after reactivating...
Grand show of myself? Even Toonoisy with all noise can't quote me. How dare her? smiley
Ewuro4 is having liver small.
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by crackhaus: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Probating is for 100level student at the main campus before moving to College of medicine.
Lol, you can check the number of days/hours I have spent here, it's not upto 3days after reactivating...
Grand show of myself? Even Toonoisy with all noise can't quote me. How dare her? smiley
Ewuro4 is having liver small.
Quit typing their monikers gringrin
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by troy20(m): 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:

you were not and have never been a woman.
None of your parents or older relations have ever said to you.

''T nwa m now that you've graduated from school, when are you going to bring a man home? You know that no matter your education and achievement if you're not married it's not complete. Remember that ugwu nwanyi bu di ya"

You have never been a single woman. Stop saying what you don't know.

You're not an older spinster who's in her 40s and has been shushed in a gathering of women because she's a 'nwa okpu' who's place should be in her husband's house and not with the other women married into the community.
Basically she has no place as a woman because she's not married.

I hate it when you guys start saying this of which you have no experience. Pls shut it.
i very well know what i am talking about.i know it has been used in different situations other than its primary purpose.but your discription of it is cruel and maliscious probably born out of your twisted feminist beliefs as usual.why ignore a good fact that an unmarried man is equally not accorded respect in a community.situations as where an umarried woman is "shushed" in a family rarely happen this days as a result of civilization and the wonderfull inroads modernity has made even already for women such as you. if for anything i would say men are the ones losing ground.men are the ones losing their identity.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:

Milk don scarce for your side? undecided
Do you know that taking milk increases the body's ability to produce serotonin... the happiness hormone. cheesy
You are sounding too irritable and it's an obvious sign that you are neglecting your dosages angry
Nonso, don't let me descend on you. smiley
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
@bolded makes you look unreasonable.

Your interpretation is the same as mine yet somehow mine is malicious.
Why do you guys have issues with the truth.
Carry on
troy20:

i very well know what i am talking about.i know it has been used in different situations other than its primary purpose.but your discription of it is cruel and maliscious probably born out of your twisted feminist beliefs as usual .why ignore a good fact that an unmarried man is equally not accorded respect in a community.situations as where an umarried woman is "shushed" in a family rarely happen this days as a result of civilization and the wonderfull inroads modernity has made even already for women such as you. if for anything i would say men are the ones losing ground.men are the ones losing their identity.
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:
pls how is 'the dignity of a woman is her husband' different from 'the respect of is woman is her husband.'

It's really pointless trying to make any sense to any of you as long as you have your minds made up.
So a woman without husband has no dignity and that's not sexist to you and to that mischievous troy20?

Once again I shake my head for you.

Of course it will be a healthy tradition in his eyes. Why not? It places him on a pedestal where he can mess up and his wife will feel like she doesn't want to discard her 'dignity' by leaving himself make a single lady feel like she's without dignity.

I don't blame you troy20 for not seeing the sexism in that 'honorable' adage. Perspectives will never be the same in life.
As you can see, life is fair or unfair according to how it treats you.

cococandy, why so serious? grin

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by crackhaus: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

No, I want to deal the two b1tches you NL family section men patronise. undecided
You're not serious...are you saying you want to be patronized?
What are you selling? gringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound / My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom / They Both Died Because Of His Casanova Lifestyle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.