Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! (51224 Views)

I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. / Feminism: The True Colour / Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:
Just shut it, please. You musn't be noticed.
Arrant balderdash!
Hehehehe. You will remember my warning. Good bye.
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Feraz(m): 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Same way you wish women never existed to be a glorify gay. You wish! cheesy

Real-men who understood feminism don't argue with feminists, infact they marry feminists and move on with their life happily. smiley
Can you define the bolded?
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

take it easy on her.... she's just 17. cheesy
Seriously? 17? Seventeen?
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
Timbuktou:

Hehehehe. You will remember my warning. Good bye.
Good riddance and remember keeping to your lane next time.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
Feraz:
Can you define the bolded?
A man who doesn't rant over petty things.
-She isn't bearing my surname. -She isn't giving me respect when he's not giving it back.
Example of a real man, Dr. Ivara Esege, JayZ etc smiley

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Feraz(m): 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

-She isn't bearing my surname.
-She isn't giving me respect when he's not giving it back.

Don't you think that is your own view of a real man?
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:

Who says women shouldn't have standards?

it's one thing to set a standard, it's another thing to claim a woman has any dignity in the eyes of the society without her husband.

You and everyone else who has been on my neck the moment I typed that women shouldn't place their value on being married. Yes you're the ones hushing the message of self valuation devoid of what society thinks of you.

whether they place their value on their marital status or not is an academic point. it would not change the norms in our society. a woman without a husband has no dignity in the nigerian society......a man without a wife is also deemed irresponsible in the nigerian society. the only difference between the 2 genders is how they handle the criticism.

So pls if indeed you and those other posters disturbing my life over my opinions believe women should set standards for themselves too, desist from distracting me when I say it. It is really that simple.

stop the internet campaign....

go to the streets & preach to the women making it hard on themselves that they are unmarried. it's got nothing to do with the men.

in most cases, women are responsible for shaming another woman cos she's yet to marry! this is why pastors are milking the situation and posters like this keep popping up. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by troy20(m): 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:
@bolded makes you look unreasonable.

Your interpretation is the same as mine yet somehow mine is malicious.
Why do you guys have issues with the truth.
Carry on
you have a very unhealthy view of men.everyone knows that but try and focus on much more than the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2015
Coogar: "Give me a spouse or I die!" *dies

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
Feraz:
Don't you think that is your own view of a real man?
From a real-woman. cool

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
You're helping me prove my point with all those your pictures.
coogar:

it's one thing to set a standard, it's another thing to claim a woman has any dignity in the eyes of the society without her husband.

whether they place their value on their marital status or not is an academic point. it would not change the norms in our society. a woman without a husband has no dignity in the nigerian society......a man without a wife is also deemed irresponsible in the nigerian society. the only difference between the 2 genders is how they handle the criticism.

stop the internet campaign....

go to the streets & preach to the women making it hard on themselves that they are unmarried. it's got nothing to do with the men.

in most cases, women are mostly responsible for shaming another woman cos she's yet to marry! this is why pastors are milking the situation and posters like this keep popping up. grin

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Timbuktou:
Coogar: "Give me a spouse or I die!" *dies

and yet, they want to blame the men for their woes. there is a church that told single women to buy their wedding gown and wear it to church so that they can get husbands. grin

i wonder why men aren't subjected to this kinda torture......it's always the women.

cococandy:
You're helping me prove my point with all those your pictures.

if women are not desperate, why would they be rushing to attend such church programmes? i am just buttressing my point that contrary to what you think - it's the women themselves who sincerely believe they are worthless without a husband.

5 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
troy20:

you have a very unhealthy view of men. everyone knows that but try and focus on much more than the bolded.
of course.

Anyone who doesn't agree with the bullshit flying around does in your eyes.its harder to admit it. The easiest way out is to call the person man-hater or something like that.

Cococandy says a woman doesn't need to be married to have dignity= she has unhealthy view of men. We know that's how it works undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:
of course.

Anyone who doesn't agree with the bullshit flying around does in your eyes.its harder to admit it. The easiest way out is to call the person man-hater or something like that.

Cococandy says a woman doesn't need to be married to have dignity= she has unhealthy view of men. We know that's how it works undecided
Yes o.
They only agree with those two shemales: Ewuro4 and Toonoisy.

I saw this dude on that thread justifying cheating.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

and yet, they want to blame the men for their woes. there is a church that told single women to buy their wedding gown and wear it to church so that they can get husbands. grin

i wonder why men aren't subjected to this kinda torture......it's always the women.

if women are not desperate, why would they be rushing to attend such church programmes? i am just buttressing my point that contrary to what you think - it's the women themselves who sincerely believe they are worthless without a husband.

No be women again? I'm even beginning to suspect Eve's account of the forbidden-fruit-munching in the garden.

I have enjoined women in this forum time without number to boycott wedding/marriage and stick the middle finger to society. They mostly claim to not really care for marriage, which is a joke. We all know the amount of work that marriage is, yet these angels that hate this thing fantasize and crave its prison cell.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Yes o.
They only agree with those two shemales: Ewuro4 and Toonoisy.

I saw this dude on that thread justifying cheating.
ok you need to not involve people who aren't in the conversation and in a negative way too.

Pls don't be like that.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
Timbuktou:

No be women again? I'm even beginning to suspect Eve's account of the forbidden-fruit-munching in the garden.

I have enjoined women in this forum time without number to boycott wedding/marriage and stick the middle finger to society. They mostly claim to not really care for marriage, which is a joke. We all know the amount of work that marriage is, yet these angels that hate this thing fantasize and crave its prison cell.

don't mind them....
bunch of hypocrites.....when they were supposed to be studying chemistry & physics in school.....they focused on mills & boon novels...fantasising about a knight in shiny armour that would whisk them away into marriage.

they all crave to be married.
it's when their eggs are about to be calcified that they start saying otherwise.....just like deportees claim there's no place like home after they have tried travelling & failed at it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

don't mind them....
bunch of hypocrites.....when they were supposed to be studying chemistry & physics in school.....they focused on mills & boon novels...fantasising about a knight in shiny armour that would whisk them away into marriage.

it's when their eggs are about to be calcified that they start saying otherwise.....just like deportees claim there's no place like home after they have tried travelling & failed at it.

Gbamified

4 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by kaboninc(m): 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

-She isn't bearing my surname.
-She isn't giving me respect when he's not giving it back.

Now that's hilarious!

Then the real woman is Beyonce?

I think you need a friend - a male friend. So you know how we reason, why we act the way we do, our thought process and what we consider a priority. I'm offering myself. I hope you'd accept.
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by kaboninc(m): 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

don't mind them....

There's something about a woman. They are like kids. That same thing they hate to admit is actually what they needed the most.

Am yet to see a woman who'd comfortably say she doesn't want to marry and will have no regret and will live as she has decided. I don't know of any lady - in her 40s who's honestly comfortably being single and has no atom of regret for not marrying or being in an intimate relationship.

But I do know that in their quite time, in their own moment of soul-searching, they'd stew themselves so hot especially when there's no phone call to check them up each day, no one to nag them crazy to death, no one to say 'good morning' every morning or 'command' them everyday for 's.lly' house chores.

Even lesbians and gays marry!

Lool. This world is becoming more confusing each day!

5 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Kay17: 1:24am On Jun 07, 2015
Since women are inferior and accessories to men, we cannot then expect them to take up top political and social roles.
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by lavatoz(f): 3:17am On Jun 07, 2015
Why are most nigerian men obsessed about feminism? Why show so much interest in something you hate so much? Now they're attacking women about feminism. If these sort of men were brought to a different society say the western world and they faced discrimination they won't hesitate to voice their opinions on racism. undecided
Op, sorry but if you still want things to go back to the olden days were women were like zombies-you can achieve that at dream-world incorporated. The world is changing rapidly. Women are gaining more freedom than before. I don't get your full motive for writing this. If you are suffering from a past relationship with a female, I don't understand how a movement for good change should be held responsible for that? sad

3 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by liquidmetall: 3:26am On Jun 07, 2015
cococandy:

Is it too hard to understand that socially God is referred to as a man because traditionally men were in the lead when the bible was written and it doesn't require genius level of intelligence to know that the authors of the bible would be more inclined to call him a man because of their social leanings then?

There are things that don't need to be argued amongst adults.mtchew.

Jesus said to the disciples..i and the father are one

In colosians it was said jesus is the visible image of God

That means jesus is God

And he came in the form of man not a woman

And he is called God and not goddess

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by NifemiOlu(m): 5:14am On Jun 07, 2015
lavatoz:
Why are most nigerian men obsessed about feminism? Why show so much interest in something you hate so much? Now they're attacking women about feminism. If these sort of men were brought to a different society say the western world and they faced discrimination they won't hesitate to voice their opinions on racism. undecided
Op, sorry but if you still want things to go back to the olden days were women were like zombies-you can achieve that at dream-world incorporated. The world is changing rapidly. Women are gaining more freedom than before. I don't get your full motive for writing this. If you are suffering from a past relationship with a female, I don't understand how a movement for good change should be held responsible for that? sad

It's obvious you lack comprehension skills. I recommend you read again.

Modified: Oh! You judged by the picture. Good for you.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 07, 2015
kaboninc:

Now that's hilarious!

Then the real woman is Beyonce?

I think you need a friend - a male friend. So you know how we reason, why we act the way we do, our thought process and what we consider a priority. I'm offering myself. I hope you'd accept.
I already have male friends.
I gave you an example of ones we both know.
My male friends don't reason like most guys on this thread except you are all trolling.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 07, 2015
liquidmetall:

Jesus said to the disciples..i and the father are one

In colosians it was said jesus is the visible image of God

That means jesus is God

And he came in the form of man not a woman

And he is called God and not goddess
We are not discussing his earthly gender but heavenly.

He had to take the flesh of man to exist which tells he was never of any gender before.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 07, 2015
kaboninc:

There's something about a woman. They are like kids. That same thing they hate to admit is actually what they needed the most.

Am yet to see a woman who'd comfortably say she doesn't want to marry and will have no regret and will live as she has decided. I don't know of any lady - in her 40s who's honestly comfortably being single and has no atom of regret for not marrying or being in an intimate relationship.

But I do know that in their quite time, in their own moment of soul-searching, they'd stew themselves so hot especially when there's no phone call to check them up each day, no one to nag them crazy to death, no one to say 'good morning' every morning or 'command' them everyday for 's.lly' house chores.

Even lesbians and gays marry!

Lool. This world is becoming more confusing each day!
Nobody hate marriage but it's not a do or die affair when it seems no husband is coming forth.
If your friends are obsessed about husband, it shows the kind of people you hang out with.
Don't forget some people get married because of society pressure including asexuals who has no feelings for any gender.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by kaboninc(m): 6:44am On Jun 07, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Nobody hate marriage but it's not a do or die affair when it seems no husband is coming forth.
If your friends are obsessed about husband, it shows the kind of people you hang out with.
Don't forget some people get married because of society pressure including asexuals who has no feelings for any gender.

Really? Nobody? Even the 'feminists' whose only goal is to defeat men? Most of you who claim to be a 'feminist' are either married or in a relationship that may lead to marriage. Marriage to everyone is relative. So if they are obsessed and you're not, if doesn't make you a better person. At least, they know what they want and shoot for it. How about you, do you know what you want?

Do you even have a boyfriend? Let's start from there. If you do, why? Why can't you just break-off and stay alone - after all it is not a do or die affair. You need to lead from the front, not back. Why do people, why do you want to marry because of societal pressure? Why succumb to the will of societal pressure? You ladies also want to set standards and if your standards are in conflict with that of the society (a society you also actively contributed to it growth and development) you begin to whine like kids.

Homosexuals do marry probably because of societal pressures. However, should the same society allow homosexuals to marry themselves (as in some climes), they would. The point here is that they do marry and some have kids.

Question is why marry? Why is marriage so important to an individual irrespective of their sexual orientation?

Or you can then marry yourselves and claim all the rights and equal status amongst yourselves since you're all females?

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by kaboninc(m): 6:45am On Jun 07, 2015
VictoriaBee:

We are not discussing his earthly gender but heavenly.

He had to take the flesh of man to exist which tells he was never of any gender before.

He could have taken the flesh of a woman and be birth by a man. At least, that would give you ladies some feeling of equality.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by kaboninc(m): 6:48am On Jun 07, 2015
VictoriaBee:

I already have male friends.
I gave you an example of ones we both know.
My male friends don't reason like most guys on this thread except you are all trolling.

If with the male friends you have, you still show this kind of reasoning about guys, you need to change them.

Those male friends you have, maybe that FT guy, they are females in male clothings. Go find males in male clothings

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by kaboninc(m): 7:03am On Jun 07, 2015
Kay17:
Since women are inferior and accessories to men, we cannot then expect them to take up top political and social roles.

Inferiority and superiority, when used between genders in some context can be derogatory.

On the issue of accessories, both genders can be accessories to each other.

The original idea of feminism is to champion the cause of equal opportunities and rights for women. These opportunities extends to both political and social roles. However, in a family, the idea of equal opportunities on who heads a family should not be questioned or debated. It is customary for a man to be the head of a family. That does not mean that in some situations or circumstances, a woman cannot a assume leadership role.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 07, 2015
lavatoz:

1. Why are most nigerian men obsessed about feminism? Why show so much interest in something you hate so much? Now they're attacking women about feminism.
2. If these sort of men were brought to a different society say the western world and they faced discrimination they won't hesitate to voice their opinions on racism. undecided

1. By your logic, scientists should stop looking for the cure for cancer because they hate cancer? Oh, boy.

2. When the platform for ensuring equality among races is being abused by those it's supposedly meant to protect and it becomes twisted and a weapon for victimising the "oppressors", you see something similar.

By the way, since you imply this, do you mind telling us in what ways you're denied your right to dignity just because you're a woman? It would be very helpful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

Jealous Wife Thinks Her Husband's Regional Manager Is His Side Chick (Video) / Benue Permanent Secretary, Pregnant Wife, 2 Kids Burnt To Death In Fire Outbreak / 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.