Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! (51461 Views)

I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. / Feminism: The True Colour / Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:
Drink your milk first wink Then you can even ascend on me if you want cheesy
Troll

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
crackhaus:
You're not serious...are you saying you want to be patronized? What are you selling? gringrin
undecided
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by crackhaus: 6:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

cococandy, why so serious? grin
erm why not?
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:
erm why not?

so do you believe a woman without a husband is respected anywhere in africa? how is it sexist? men with no wives are also deemed irresponsible by the same society.

4 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:
Fiona angry
Shrek or? tongue
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

so do you believe a woman without a husband is respected anywhere in africa? how is it sexist? men with no wives are also deemed irresponsible by the same society.

Men can find wife anytime they want but when a woman marry a man, they'll tag her irresponsible and see it as an abomination.

That's sexism.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:
I said Fiona angry
Who? Me? I resembe fiona? Which is me? angry
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Men can find wife anytime they want but when a woman marry a man, they'll tag her irresponsible and see it as an abomination.

That's sexism.

men can find wives @anytime but until he does, he's not responsible in the eyes of the society......just like the society thinks a single woman in her 30s is irresponsible.

it goes both ways......

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

so do you believe a woman without a husband is respected anywhere in africa? how is it sexist? men with no wives are also deemed irresponsible by the same society

I don't know about any other place. I'm just saying for the place I know. Which is my hometown. If it is not sexist what is it? Besides you can't overlook the unhealthy tension and pressure it puts on ladies to get married. Anything flies because of that.

@bold really?
I can't think of any derisive slang in my language that is used to mock single men over 30. None. If someone knows, let them enlighten me.
I don't see any single guy being called old cargo because of his status. Of course the parents may stress the point of marriage to him because they want grandkids but no one makes him believe is value as human is diminished because he's single.

Why are you guys even arguing with me over something that is clear like day?. Who are those running 'helter skelter' looking for husband in all the odd places if not single ladies. Why? Could it because they are put under more pressure and made to feel less worthy than their single brothers?

If the level of disdain for unmarried women is same as that for unmarried men, why aren't we seeing the effects on the single guys?
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:
Luke 23:3 Those are your words, not mine,” Jesus replied.
And i believe you cheesy cheesy
Yes, i'm ugly tongue
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:

In Igbo land they are labelled " Okokpuru "
I can't begin to explain the level of derogatory that word alone begets.
What state are you from?
You studied in FUTO?
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:

why are you telling me na?
angry
Okay i have a solution
bleach twice for 2 hours every morning and evening for 2 weeks every month for the next 10 years. You will graduate from fiona to snow white. cheesy cheesy
Lol

Crackhaus, you are edo?
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:

I don't know about any other place. I'm just saying for the place I know. Which is my hometown. If it is not sexist what is it? Besides you can't overlook the unhealthy tension and pressure it puts on ladies to get married. Anything flies because of that.

it's not sexist!
single men/women of marriageable age in nigeria get pilloried by the society.

@bold really?
I can't think of any derisive slang in my language that is used to mock single men over 30. None. If someone knows, let them enlighten me.

nonso23 has answered you....

I don't see any single guy being called old cargo because of his status. Of course the parents may stress the point of marriage to him because they want grandkids but no one makes him believe is value as human is diminished because he's single.

the men are called all sorts of names too....

Why are you guys even arguing with me over something that is clear like day?. Who are those running 'helter skelter' looking for husband in all the odd places if not single ladies. Why? Could it because they are put under more pressure and made to feel less worthy than their single brothers?

because of the biology of their reproductive organs. they put that pressure on themselves cos they know their eggs have an expiry date. that's just nature, nothing to do with sexism!

If the level of disdain for unmarried women is same as that for unmarried men, why aren't we seeing the effects on the single guys?

because men are less bothered about what the society has to say about him. his standard is his standard and he rarely changes it for anyone.

this is why men are reluctant at wedding receptions when it's time to throw the bouquet. meanwhile, single women instantly become agberos hustling to catch the bouquet. let's just admit men have set higher standards for themselves than the women.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:

Why do you want to know? cheesy
@2nd question ... what is FUTO
Just tell me.

Federal University of Technology Owerri - you chat like one. Sex starved niggas like my sister told me. grin
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

it's not sexist!
single men/women of marriageable age in nigeria get pilloried by the society.
nonso23 has answered you....
the men are called all sorts of names too....
because of the biology of their reproductive organs. they put that pressure on themselves cos they know their eggs have an expiry date. that's just nature, nothing to do with sexism!
because men are less bothered about what the society has to say about him. his standard is his standard and he rarely changes it for anyone.

this is why men are reluctant at wedding receptions when it's time to throw the bouquet. meanwhile, single women instantly become agberos hustling to catch the bouquet. let's just admit men have set higher standards for themselves than the women.

@bold nice.

But Then why are you guys always in the way when someone says ladies should have standards and some dignity too. Enemies of progress angry
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:

Crackhaus I guess he is chilling somewhere. cool
I'm not Edo. Fail! grin
That question is for crackhaus not you.
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nonso23:

Your sister chats with sex starved guys? shocked That explains a lot cheesy Law of e-induction.
SMH
okBye

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:

@bold nice.

But Then why are you guys always in the way when someone says ladies should have standards and some dignity too. Enemies of progress angry

who says women shouldn't set their standards? we are saying stop blaming everything on the society or sexism and take responsibility for once! jeeez.....

must everything be about sexism?

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
VictoriaBee:

That's sexism.

Your comments are mostly awe-inducing. The people that always like your comments aren't helping you. You come across as someone who doesn't think before speaking or doesn't know how to. No offence intended, seriously. You're damaging your ability to reason with this pseudo-feistiness you think you portray.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by coogar: 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Timbuktou:

Your comments are mostly awe-inducing. The people that always like your comments aren't helping you. You come across as someone who doesn't think before speaking or doesn't know how to. No offence intended, seriously.

take it easy on her....
she's just 17. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Timbuktou:

Your comments are mostly awe-inducing. The people that always like your comments aren't helping you. You come across as someone who doesn't think before speaking or doesn't know how to. No offence intended, seriously. You're damaging your ability to reason with this pseudo-feistiness you think you portray.
Just shut it, please.
You musn't be noticed.

Arrant balderdash!

1 Like

Re: Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! by cococandy(f): 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

who says women shouldn't set their standards? we are saying stop blaming everything on the society or sexism and take responsibility for once! jeeez.....

must everything be about sexism?
Who says women shouldn't have standards?

You and everyone else who has been on my neck the moment I typed that women shouldn't place their value on being married. Yes you're the ones hushing the message of self valuation devoid of what society thinks of you.

So pls if indeed you and those other posters disturbing my life over my opinions believe women should set standards for themselves too, desist from distracting me when I say it. It is really that simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

Is This True Love Or Foolishness? (Photo) / Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound / My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.