Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. (54970 Views)

When Cheating Husband Forgets His Phone Near Wife While Having Bathe(pictures) / South African Woman Poisons Her Private Part To Kill Cheating Husband (pic) / Conversation Between A Cheating Husband And His Sidechics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
onatisi:
I swear if u are a lawyer ,all ur clients will go to jail . You can't prove ur point. Show me where I said God created men to cheat!!!! This is a simple question.

onatisi:
point out in my post where I said god created men to cheat?? U guys just comment on what u want to see without thinking about what u read . I said god created men to love sex.

1 Like

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Stillfire: 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
Crieff:
Truth is the TRUTH as laid down in the Bible is still the only, singular compass of man in all ramifications of his life that includes marriage.

That 99.9% men cheat is not a valid or tenable reason to make it a part and parcel of married life...it is what it is, an excuse and it is unacceptable.

The boundaries of morality are not fixed which explains why morality's definition is expanded to accommodate all these character flaws. This is where righteousness as a biblical principal trumps morality and is also distinguished from man-made morality.

Married men may fall into adultery but it never should be a norm that must be expected but frowned up and nipped right in the bud.

Wow, wow, round of applause.
It's not as if women do not or cannot cheat, it's because society frowns at women cheating more than male adultery.
Society's attitudes towards male adultery needs to change. This leniency towards adultery is not helping anyone. It is destroying families. Any person that claims to be family centered would be focused on curbing this menace that is destroying families.

11 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by KanwuliaJara: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
Exactly!
A "SLAPPING" man, I WILL NEVER TOLERATE!
Give me a cheating man jooooooor! cool

Na who wan marry "DRY PASTOR"? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nonso23:

You can Sabi vex undecided
Your alarm haf rungged yet?? Have you drunk your miliki yet?? cheesy
Keep trying, You'll soon make sense, Chinonso. cheesy
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2015

2 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nonso23:
Why are you all cranky?? cheesy How far with your milk? you keep dodging that question? wink
E choro some? cheesy
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Crieff(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
Stillfire:

Wow, wow, round of applause.
It's not as if women do not or cannot cheat, it's because society frowns at women cheating more than male adultery.
Society's attitudes towards male adultery needs to change. This leniency towards adultery is not helping anyone. It is destroying families. Any person that claims to be family centered would be focused on curbing this menace that is destroying families.

Absolutely!
Adultery by husbands should be severely frowned up. There is never anything good there.

The Ultimate Life manual is absolutely correct when it states that whatever a man sows he shall reap...in folds.
Sow a seed, reap a tree.
Sow your oats, reap a forest.

What is even appalling is that, we are seeing this as normal and unsurmountable...a defeatist mindset...failed marriage before the wedding.

ADULTERY IS WICKED & WRONG.

13 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
FrancisTony:
I can only speak for Christians.

Bible said love your wife as Christ loved his Church.
Any Christian man that supports OP will definitely not eat his cake and have it.
Adultery and Pre-marital sex is evil - shun it.

Don't be a cheat and expect submissive/respectful wife.

N/B - Quote responsibly...
Lwkmd. No mind op
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
jaybee3:
I think your attempt at downplaying the significance of a cheating partner is apt but you've failed to consider how the act of cheating in it's entirety reverberates around the foundation that a successful marriage should stand on. In other words, the ripple effect of cheating

Yes cheating to us Men at most times is simply defined as sharing ones body.

These are some of the direct impact of cheating in a relationship:

The obvious STI's
Finance
Trust Issues (both Present and future)
Increase of anxiety on the receiving partner
Emotional Imbalance and in turn cloudiness of judgement when it comes to real issues

What do they know
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by veave(f): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
check my comment on that thread. i knew it would come to this.

and to that woman... i have no pity for you. you were duely advised on the first thread but choose to ignore.

i believe when you wake up on the other side of life, the love will clear like taxforce.

1 Like

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Try hardeerrrrrrr!
You'll make sense freely sooner even though you tried here, but all na wash. grin grin
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Chomzy19(f): 11:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
onatisi:
this is the truth majority of young married ladies don't understand. But older married women do and that is why they are never bothered when they learn their husbands in cheating outside ,their only problem is him marrying them. Now we have married women who even pack condoms into their husband things when he is traveling. Women must know that the first thing in a man brain about the opposite sex is sex .that is the way god created us.
Good. Make sure you teach your daughter to pack condoms in her husband's briefcase and bag when he is going to the office or out of town. If not you are the greatest hypocrite ever liveth. The biblical Pharisees

9 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by apolonius(m): 1:27am On Jun 05, 2015
Cheating is totally wrong,and no sane person should champion its tolerance.

Yet,I find many contributions on love,marriage and instances of challenges to fidelity amusing and just so unrealistic.

From experience,as hardliners on marital purity and anti-rigidity campaigners will want us to believe,the colours of marriage and love aren't just black and white.

Granted there are standards that marriage must thrive by,but marriage has got no black boxes!

3 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by eyinjuege: 4:34am On Jun 05, 2015
onatisi:

And this is natural , men see women outside their marriage as sex partners nothing more than that,But sees the wife at home as his [/b]best friend and soul partner.[b]

With a friend like this, who needs an enemy? Backstabbing your purported best friend!!!
Talking about soul mates, its not about gisting partner or someone you get along well with, its way deeper and more spiritual.

5 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by ireneidiva(f): 7:00am On Jun 05, 2015
Nonso23:

Sentiments galore smiley
The solace of the weak.
Love and sex are not the same and hence serve different purposes in a union.
Many people would honor a contract better than that mere celebration in front of a congregation. Reason?
It is simply impracticable today. Being trustworthy has nothing to do with sex as a man.

Read that post again. Too much wisdom to ignore smiley
So because he refused to share your 'wonderful' school of thought that accepts cheating, he is a weak man? Smh. Between the man who has self control and the one that doesn't, who is the weaker person?

9 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Tay16(f): 7:20am On Jun 05, 2015
BABE3:

didn't he though? Those polygamous men of God in the old testament? David, Solomon and Co.

And that era came to an end didn't it?

,Monogamy is a direct result of civilization. Religious values change as a result of change in societal values; not the other way around. No one got punished by God for having more than one wife in the bible. But nowadays, polygamy is a sin.

If you look at it from a purely biological point of view, men's biggest sexùal problem is to inhibit themselves from èjaculating too soon.
Women biggest sexùal problem is èjaculating at all. The single most sexùal organ, clitòris, malfunctions like no man's business. grin

So did God want men to enjoy sèx more? Leading to having multiple sexùal partners?
#justasking.

lets speak from reality now, have you always been the one and only or the second best in all your relationships?
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by ijoawilo: 8:11am On Jun 05, 2015
may be

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by chineloSA(f): 8:14am On Jun 05, 2015
True Mrs Feminist. Just like I think a cheating woman is not the worst thing that can happen in marriage. wink smiley

4 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by dheartdatcares: 8:16am On Jun 05, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
OP, your so on point, So ladies think a man marries them because of sex, but that's a big lie. Most men don't get married because of sex, its over rated, so any woman who gets married and wants to kill herself because her husband cheated on her, Can do so, its her life.

For most men, the reason they get married is for companionship. So if he finds u gud enough to be his companion, then bother not abt his cheating habit, but guide him better and talk with him if u suspect that he's cheating. Show how much of a gud companion ur to him. That's why he married U

I agreed to the fact that men married for companionship but that of first thing that came up to a man when his with a woman is not sex and that is not the reason why God created us. He created us for companionship. Sex only comes in if the woman is your lawful wife. For God is against fornication and adultery.
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by digitsolution: 8:17am On Jun 05, 2015
Amya:
Coming from a pseudo-feminist, it shouldn't be all that alarming.

I was reading a thread yesterday about a young women who tried to commit suicide because she found out her supposedly perfect husband was cheating on her. If she were my kid Sis, I'd have dashed her free slap for that stupidity. This same lady was just justifying her husband's actions when after an argument he pushed her so her hard she banged her head on the edge of a glass table (in the risk of a permanent head injury). This same lady condoned and even justified her husband hating her OWN mother for the flimsy reason that she made some strong recommendations while they were planning their wedding. And suddenly she finds out her husband had a plethora of runs girls at his beck and call, and she overdosed on pills! You've got to be kidding me!

Now, I know my opinion on cheating males is going to be hugely unpopular amongst the female folks in the house (especially the married ones who for some reason think their life's happiness is tied to their spouse's fidelity). I'm also not making excuse for the male folks for cheating, I'm just trying to be realistic about this society. For some reason, men cheat. Most men infact. The sooner women realise this, the happier marriages will be. Sex is not love. To men especially (and me too) sex is just a function that can stand on it's own independent of love and even affection. It's like eating.

Don't be 100% sure that your husband is not cheating or will not cheat on you. That will be living in a fools paradise my dear. It has nothing to do with how pure or holy you were growing up. let's lower our expectations as far as marriage is concerned, and I bet you you'll have a happier and fulfilled marriage.

Or you can always choose not to get married. Divorce is also an option.

Yeah, Yeah I know about the bringing another woman into the house or infecting HIV to the poor innocent wife. Yeah let's hope your husband is sensible enough to not commit to these ladies and he's not stupid enough to not use protection.

Don't be 100% sure that your WIFE
is not cheating or will not cheat on you. That will be living in a fools paradise my dear. It has nothing to do with how pure or holy you were growing up. let's lower our expectations as far as marriage is concerned, and I bet you you'll have a happier and fulfilled marriage.

2 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by dradoyi(m): 8:17am On Jun 05, 2015
We had similar discussion sometimes last month. After living with your wife for a long time.. she would be like a sister to you. As such any man that will say he has never cheated on his wife... can as well sleep wit his sister. As long as u cheat safely..ie protected n you still respect your wife for her not to know.

2 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by MissNairaland1: 8:17am On Jun 05, 2015
cant be the worst, cos its like a tradition for all men to CHEAT undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 05, 2015
29,000 people in 36 countries were interviewed by Durex, the condom manufacturer. They found that the following people were the most likely to cheat and commit adultery. All in all, 50-65% of husbands and 40-55% of wives have an affair before they are 40.

1. Nigerian women:

62% of Nigerian women are unfaithful. Recently Major Chitsiko, a soldier, committed suicide after his wife cheated on him. The couple was estranged. Also in November 20011, Erelu Tola Solomon, a social elite in Lagos and Abuja, decided to ruin her 25 year marriage after having s333x with a Lagos businessman.

2. Thai women:

59% of women living in Thailand admitted to cheating on their husbands. The rules seem more relaxed in Thailand than they are in the West. Many husbands even allow their wives to commit adultery.

3. British women:

A UNLV article on infidelity and extramarital affairs noted that Britain have cases at a rate of 42%, The country experiences a high rate of women cheating.

4. Malaysian women:

33% of Malaysians are known to cheat. 39% of the Malaysian women, in particular, are known to betray their marriage vows. It was also revealed that Malaysian men have on average 3 s333x partners.

5. Russian women:

33% of Russian women are known to be cheaters. Interestingly enough, the adulterer is not the one to blame in Russia. The finger points towards the person who kindles the affair. The fingers also point to women and that has been a century old tradition for 100s of years.

6. Singaporean women:

Durex also established that 19% of women in Singapore are known to be unfaithful. Singapore men are known to have up to 16 s334x partners, which explains why the country has 19% unfaithful women.

7. French women:

Women in France are 16.3% likely to commit adultery. Men are 22% likely. A Huffington Post article believes that France makes adultery mandatory – 93% of the population is committing it.

8. American women:

14% of married women in Italy admitted to having an affair once during their married life. 54% of the married men did not know about their spouses extramarital activities. This comes in a society where 50% believe that adultery is morally wrong. Interestingly enough 61% of Americans believe that adultery should not be a crime.

9. Italian women:

The judicial system in Italy has decriminalized adultery for married women. Women now can lie about having an affair to protect their honor.

10. Indian women:

Indian Women are also known to be adulterous. Adultery is considered as a crime and is placed under Chapter XX, which deals with offenses relating to the sacrament of marriage. As per the Indian jurisdiction, the law related to adultery is mentioned under Section 497 of the Indian penal code. Section 498 of the Indian penal code also states the law related to adultery.

http://www.mjemagazine.com/top-10-most-unfaithful-wives-in-the-world-list-nigeria-women-1/

2 Likes

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Bigcake: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2015
FrancisTony:
I can only speak for Christians.

Bible said love your wife as Christ loved his Church.
Any Christian man that supports OP will definitely not eat his cake and have it.
Adultery and Pre-marital sex is evil - shun it.

Don't be a cheat and expect submissive/respectful wife.

N/B - Quote responsibly...
Am glad, at least have found someone that is thinking right.... is life all about men's ego? so the women don't have a life? they can't also cheat and ask their husband to understand? Christians should be focused and not carried away by this thrash.... Marriage is honourable to God and the bed undefiled...

1 Like

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by porshuch: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2015
my only advise [color=#006600] to married women in nigeria, pls always go for cervical check up, don't trust your man, he is ready to dig into many holes o once the conji holds him o, so pls do cervical check up to avoid cervical cancer, infact go and take the vaccine. Thanks[/color]
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 05, 2015
S
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 05, 2015
onatisi:
this is the truth majority of young married ladies don't understand. But older married women do and that is why they are never bothered when they learn their husbands in cheating outside ,their only problem is him marrying them. Now we have married women who even pack condoms into their husband things when he is traveling. Women must know that the first thing in a man brain about the opposite sex is sex .that is the way god created us.

One bottle of Hennessy for you,

To us men, sex is not love.

1 Like

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by UjSizzle(f): 8:33am On Jun 05, 2015
Nonso23:

Odogwu k'ibu! cheesy

So many intelligent men in this section!! I'm amazed! smiley
Would you cheat?
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by shaboti: 8:33am On Jun 05, 2015
VintageCocktail:
Let's agree to disagree.
I am a man of my words, when I said I love you to my wife....I mean it......abstaining from things that will cause her pain becomes my priority not massaging my male ego and basking on the euphoria of being in a man's world and can cheat and get away with it ish. I came from a stable home and I am willing to make it more stable than my parents'.

Anyway, whatever rocks your boat.....
Coming to the bolded...this is the mentality of your average gigolos and runs girls.
you're just amazing.

1 Like

Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by onatisi(m): 8:33am On Jun 05, 2015
gboss4sure:

One bottle of Hennessy for you,
To us men, sex is not love.
grin
Re: A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 8:34am On Jun 05, 2015
Amya:
Coming from a pseudo-feminist, it shouldn't be all that alarming.

I was reading a thread yesterday about a young women who tried to commit suicide because she found out her supposedly perfect husband was cheating on her. If she were my kid Sis, I'd have dashed her free slap for that stupidity. This same lady was just justifying her husband's actions when after an argument he pushed her so her hard she banged her head on the edge of a glass table (in the risk of a permanent head injury). This same lady condoned and even justified her husband hating her OWN mother for the flimsy reason that she made some strong recommendations while they were planning their wedding. And suddenly she finds out her husband had a plethora of runs girls at his beck and call, and she overdosed on pills! You've got to be kidding me!

Now, I know my opinion on cheating males is going to be hugely unpopular amongst the female folks in the house (especially the married ones who for some reason think their life's happiness is tied to their spouse's fidelity). I'm also not making excuse for the male folks for cheating, I'm just trying to be realistic about this society. For some reason, men cheat. Most men infact. The sooner women realise this, the happier marriages will be. Sex is not love. To men especially (and me too) sex is just a function that can stand on it's own independent of love and even affection. It's like eating.

Don't be 100% sure that your husband is not cheating or will not cheat on you. That will be living in a fools paradise my dear. It has nothing to do with how pure or holy you were growing up. let's lower our expectations as far as marriage is concerned, and I bet you you'll have a happier and fulfilled marriage.

Or you can always choose not to get married. Divorce is also an option.

Yeah, Yeah I know about the bringing another woman into the house or infecting HIV to the poor innocent wife. Yeah let's hope your husband is sensible enough to not commit to these ladies and he's not stupid enough to not use protection.

Im happy someone read series of my posts on that thread and have made good sense out of it while some have abused me and even asked me to bring my head for nailing.

Good one OP.

By the way,A happy birthday to me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / Man Blasts His Daughter Over Her Profile Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.