Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Why Every Man Must Marry. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Every Man Must Marry. (1932 Views)

At Age 25, A Man Must Have An Apartment & 2 Cars - Lady Says And Was Blasted / Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose. / Nigerian Girls, Things You Shouldn't Do At Your Prime If You Must Marry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Every Man Must Marry. by ayusco85(m): 12:37am On Jun 05, 2015
I stumble upon this quote on someones status on Facebook, it goes thus:

"Every man MUST marry; for NO man deserves to go UNPUNISHED"

So am asking, is this statement true? can marriage be said to be a punishment to men? .............................................

Contributions are welcomed. ..................................

lets hear ur views about marriage.
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by jamex93(m): 12:41am On Jun 05, 2015
lwkmd

u mean gals r punishments??

too bad
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ronald4lif(m): 12:45am On Jun 05, 2015
I reckon whoever came up with that quote conjured it up having observed that marriage seems to be a modern day slavery and advanced imprisonment to many. And yes slavery is a 'punishment'. Therefore, he's got a point.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 05, 2015
ronald4lif:
I reckon whoever came up with that quote conjured it up having observed that marriage seems to be a modern day slavery and advanced imprisonment to many. And yes slavery is 'punishment'. Therefore, he's got a point.
I don't really agree with the bolded. Marriage (with the right person) is one of the best things that can happen to a man.
@Topic
Marriage is not for everybody though.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ayusco85(m): 1:02am On Jun 05, 2015
jamex93:
lwkmd

u mean gals r punishments??

too bad
Lol. I didn't say so o. Am only sampling peoples opinion about marriage
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 05, 2015
you musn't tho. No b for everybody
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ronald4lif(m): 1:19am On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I don't really agree with the bolded. Marriage (with the right person) is one of the best things that can happen to a man.

What do you mean by the right person?. And what are the chances of meeting the so called right person?. Anyways, right person or not doesn't dismiss the fact that most marriage is a legal form of slavery.

When one has to inform someone else of their daily movement and risk being nagged upon should they fail to give a detailed account of where they were and why they couldn't respond to their text/calls swiftly then that's an imprisonment as they are no longer living their lives freely. Their freedom have been constrained to a limit that is acceptable to their partner, not like they want it to be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

What do you mean by the right person?. And what are the chances of meeting the so called right person?. Anyways, right person or not doesn't dismiss the fact that most marriage is a legal form of slavery.

When one has to inform someone else of their daily movement and risk being nagged upon should they fail to give a detailed account of where they were and why they couldn't respond to their text/calls swiftly then that's an imprisonment as they are no longer living their lives freely. Their freedom have been constrained to a limit that is acceptable to their partner, not like they want it to be.
The right person is that person with attributes you're okay or can put up with and most especially, fits into your life dreams.

Your second paragraph is laughable to me. (No offense grin)
You're Making it look mechanical.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ronald4lif(m): 1:39am On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
The right person is that person with attributes you're okay or can put up with and most especially, fits into your life dreams.

Your second paragraph is laughable to me. (No offense grin)
You're Making it look mechanical.

Sure one can feel someone fits into their dreams or compliments them which goes a long way to sustaining their relationship/marriage when love is still shacking them. But how long do you think one can put up with another's attribute?. It's possible but chances are not as huge as it seems.

Until you understand that there are a great number of unhappy married couples who are still in a marriage prolly because of their kids or the societal views of divorce you'll bury that share similar attributes crap. Separated and divorced couples once felt they shared same dreams, are inseparable and attribute before exchanging vows too.

Of course the last paragraph can be laughable, mechanical or even electrical but the message is an indisputable one.
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by Nobody: 1:52am On Jun 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

Sure one can feel someone fits into their dreams or compliments them which goes a long way to sustaining their relationship/marriage when love is still shacking them. But how long do you think one can put up with another's attribute?. It's possible but chances are not as huge as it seems.

Until you understand that there are a great number of unhappy married couples who are still in a marriage prolly because of their kids or the societal views of divorce you'll bury that share similar attributes crap. Separated and divorce couples once felt they shared same dreams, are inseparable and attribute before exchanging vows too.

Of course the last paragraph can be laughable, mechanical or even electrical but the message is an indisputable one.

Of course decisions made based on feelings always turn out badly. Maybe I used the wrong word in saying putting up with someone's attributes. I mean coming to accept and deciding to be committed to someone irrespective of whatever shortcomings they may have.

You sound like this marriage thing is bullshìt. You could just stay away from it since you see it so.

When you marry someone you are happy with and is your friend, you wouldn't see those things as a responsibility. It's something you'll want to do.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ronald4lif(m): 2:01am On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Of course decisions made based on feelings always turn out badly. Maybe I used the wrong word in saying putting up with someone's attributes. I mean coming to accept and deciding to be committed to someone irrespective of whatever shortcomings they may have.

You sound like this marriage thing is bullshìt. You could just stay away from it since you see it so.

When you marry someone you are happy with and is your friend, you wouldn't see those things as a responsibility. It's something you'll want to do.
Friendship doesn't always last forever and there's a limit to which one can tolerate others shortcoming. People change and their supposed shortcomings might change too, possibly for the worse. So one should put up with shit because they are married?. Or you think one's shortcomings can't get worse or their partner can't get fed up of it at some point?.

You see, when someone attempt to raise pertinent concerns, something a lot of people conveniently decide to shy away from discussing in relating to marriage doesn't mean they abhor the marital institution so your second paraphrase is unwarranted and completely irrelevant. It's akin to one being labelled a hater just by asking questions or constructively criticising a person's behaviour.
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 05, 2015
If such is your opinion, I would implore you to definitely refrain from getting married. Why on earth willingly walk into something you think/feel is a "punishment"?
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

Friendship doesn't always last forever and there's a limit to which one can tolerate others shortcoming. People change and their supposed shortcomings might change too, possibly for the worse. So one should put up with shit because they are married?. Or you think one's shortcomings can't get worse or their partner can't get fed up of it at some point?.

You see, when someone attempt to raise pertinent concerns, something a lot of people conveniently decide to shy away from discussing in relating to marriage doesn't mean they abhor the marital institution so your second paraphrase is unwarranted and completely irrelevant. It's akin to one being labelled a hater just by asking questions or constructively criticising a person's behaviour.
Nnaa I don dey sleep. Will reply later today. Goodnight. Extend my greetings to Paulina.
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 05, 2015
I can't comment on the marriage part. But as for dating, that one is a huge punishment for guys, especially the ones that put in all their mind to the relationship. When the relationship fails, they resort to doing silly things.

[url= http://www.lifestyletonight..in/2015/06/silly-things-guys-do-after-they-get.html?m=0]Silly Things Guys Do When They Get Dumped[/url]
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 05, 2015
It only becomes a punishment to them, if they make it one undecided
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by GeneralQuamdeen: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2015
If marriaqe is punishment.. with you Muji, i'm willinq to be punished.
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ayusco85(m): 8:01am On Jun 05, 2015
ronald4lif:
I reckon whoever came up with that quote conjured it up having observed that marriage seems to be a modern day slavery and advanced imprisonment to many. And yes slavery is 'punishment'. Therefore, he's got a point.

Seriously marriage seems like a slavery to some
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by jamex93(m): 8:03am On Jun 05, 2015
ayusco85:

Lol. I didn't say so o. Am only sampling peoples opinion about marriage

lwkmd
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ayusco85(m): 8:44am On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
@Topic
Marriage is not for everybody though.

U just said it all bro. *chop knockle*

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ayusco85(m): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
If marriaqe is punishment.. with you Muji, i'm willinq to be punished.

Hahahaha. Sona prison inmate loading
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by GeneralQuamdeen: 10:11am On Jun 05, 2015
ayusco85:

Hahahaha. Sona prison inmate loading
*In 2face voice* if love is a crime then i'm willinq to be wanted.. if 2face can do it.. why can't i?
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by nikkiehan(f): 10:26am On Jun 05, 2015
see thread! anyone who feels/think marriage is a punishment let thou remain bachelor till d end of his life. court. ................!
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ayusco85(m): 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
*In 2face voice* if love is a crime then i'm willinq to be wanted.. if 2face can do it.. why can't i?

If 2baba is ur role model, den be ready to be the father of all nations #Abraham
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by GeneralQuamdeen: 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
ayusco85:

If 2baba is ur role model, den be ready to be the father of all nations #Abraham
hahahaha.. he's my role model.. i like doinq what he does.. but his mistakes or shortcominqs is mine to learn from.
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by leftyansh: 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
shits on this thread and walks out........

Who cares about getting married? huh.... Team babypapa
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ayusco85(m): 6:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
hahahaha.. he's my role model.. i like doinq what he does.. but his mistakes or shortcominqs is mine to learn from.
grin. U must follow his footsteps.
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
ayusco85:
grin. U must follow his footsteps.
of course i can follow his footsteps but not his wrong steps
Re: Why Every Man Must Marry. by ayusco85(m): 12:02am On Jun 06, 2015
leftyansh:
shits on this thread and walks out........

Who cares about getting married? huh.... Team babypapa

Hahahahahaha. Take tissue wipe ur ass

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Should A Human Being Have Very Strong Palms? / the sequel of my Dicckk Raisn Ordeal Jibowu Bus Park / I Can't Date A Female Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.