Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,328 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million (12227 Views)

Nigerian Pilgrims’ Cocaine Scandal : Buhari Angry With Ndlea / N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account / JUST IN: Buhari Declared The Winner In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Reptyle(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
I
Firefire:
[size=18pt]Scandal: Buhari’s declared asset close to N900Million,but allegedly borrowed N27Million from the Bank to be able to pay for his nomination paper as a candidate..”[/size] —Dr. Wumi Akintide

I am predicting that the Buhari Government are going to have the shortest honeymoon with Nigerians and many of their ardent supporters in the mainstream and social media and rightly so. Unless Buhari changes his current lethargic and snail speed approach to governance, he is going nowhere but down to put it bluntly.

There is no way Buhari is going to meet the huge expectations of Nigerians if he continues to drag his feet and simply look the other way all because he wants to be too careful and painstaking in taking decision. I know there is a limit to how much we can expect from a 73 year old man who is probably going to fall asleep or take a fall climbing the steps like 90 year old Robert Mugabe has been doing lately to the total embarrassment of Zimbabwe because the man does not know where to draw the line and call it quit.

Nigerians fully understand that Buhari is not a Houdini or Professor Moshudi Peller, Nigerian greatest magician. Buhari himself has tried to lower Nigerians’ expectation on that score because he probably knows his limitations. Some of you might think it is too early to start passing judgment on Buhari but I am going to do it because I care too much about the man because I knew him in his prime as an incorruptible leader with very low tolerance level for corruption.

I was a little bit taken aback when the man recently declared his asset. It was close to 900 million Naira. Here was a man who had to borrow 27 million from the Bank to be able to pay for his nomination paper as a candidate. Nigerians now know that the man is far much richer than he wanted Nigerians to believe when he started his campaign. That asset compared to any of his peers like Babangida, Sani Abacha, Obasanjo, Abdulsalam Abubakar, and Ebele Jonathan has to be viewed as only a drop in the ocean. I sure get that but I am still a bit surprised. The asset he declared was done like the old one where he could not be charged for perjury or over-up if he or his Vice President had lied in the declaration. It was nonsense pure and simple…

I am aware that other African leaders like Mobutu Sese Seko, Houphet Boigny, and Emperor Jean Bokasa were far much richer in their life time than most of our leaders, but you still have to wonder how our leaders plunder their countries to get richer the whole country. Ebele Jonathan the shoeless canoe man of Otuoke is almost as rich as Bill Gates or Dangote today if you add the wealth of his power-drunk first lady.

I fully understand that Buhari who has voluntarily dropped his title of a General in the Nigerian Army is proceeding with great caution because he does not want to look like a dictator or being blackmailed or stigmatized as one by the PDP, and even by some elements in his own party who want to act and behave like the PDP did for 16 years of total impunity and recklessness in Nigeria

I concur that Buhari needs to proceed with caution but caution is one thing and lethargy, sloppiness and foolhardiness belong to a different kettle of fish for a man who was a former Head of State for 20 months from August 1983 as a military dictator. They constitute a different ballgame and for a man who has sought the office of a civilian President for 12 consecutive years and should have been fully ready to know some of the things he wants to do, and some of the individuals he would need to get the job done. He ought to have known what the Nigerian Constitution would permit him to do with the consensus of his party majority in both Houses of Parliament. He does not come away now like a man who has gone thru that baptism of fire and conviction. He does not look to me like a proactive President right now. He looks like somebody waiting to react to events as they occur which is not good enough.

You accuse the man of owning a property worth 2 billion naira in one breathe and accuse him in the next of declaring assets with almost a billion naira. Please make up your mind already.

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 6:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
Reptyle:
I

You accuse the man of owning a property worth 2 billion naira in one breathe and accuse him in the next of declaring assets with almost a billion naira. Please make up your mind already.

Please take your time to read through the pages, you will see the feedback for this your question.

However, we are studying the possibility of re-assessing those assets to Aisha, we are investigating already.

God help Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nigerians are amongst the most idiotic people on earth, what makes this fact even more hilarious--- or sadder--- is the fact that most of them actually think they're smart.

1. I would be surprised if Buhari is worth less than N1Billion naira. This is by virtue of his past employment history, pensions accrued, and private businesses. I expect that, regardless of his modest living, he's worth much more than that.

2. Just because you have the money to pay for it doesn't mean you should shell out the cash for whatever it is you want to purchase. There's something called a credit facility. This is how people build wealth and why wealthy people will continue being wealthy;paying at once and in cash is usually for the foolish, soon-to-be-broke, and the Poor-pretending-to-be-rich.

3. Why do you idiots want Buhari to fail so bad when even the Ijaw man and his people have accepted that their son was as competent in the act of governing as a 3legged table?
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
I am waiting for the declaration of asset.

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

Please take your time to read through the pages, you will see the feedback for this your question.

However, we are studying the possibility of re-assessing those assets to Aisha, we are investigating already.

God help Nigeria!
Thank you. We shall analyse his asset.

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by saktoy83: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
Abracadabra News of a sort. If Ali Modu sherif, a common former governor, could purchase a 1st class Jet worth 11billion naira, and he was charged for looting over 300billion frm Borno acct. If Alison Madueke could be paying 10billion for hiring jet and no persecution was put to gear against her. If Stella Oduah could escape d case of bullet proof cars without being punished. If jonathan net worth could be summed at an approximate amt of $100M. Tell me, how much is #900M compared to all this! Yu had beta take it cool abt buhari. Thank God he declared his asset. If he did not, wetin yu wan do? Did jonah BADLUCK declare anything? Wether yu like it or not, na yu sabi o, sai baba ll run his 2 terms successfully.
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by amalder: 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
"Am poor
I don't ve house in abuja or lagos
I ve only #1m in ma acct
I only ve 150 cows"
Jesus! Buhari has scammed us

Make I sit down and watch how dose thugs support #babaonechance
Even lie muhamMAD dhe learn for where Buhari dhe lie

I thought am the only one that read he has only 1million in his account and that he borrowed form bank to buy presidency form

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by amalder: 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
You fool me one SHAME on YOU but if you fool me twice SHAME on ME
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by ibnjarir93(m): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
agarawu23:
mitcheew
tell us more undecided

of recent you guys accused him of 2.4 billion mansion now you are telling us his net worth is 900m.
which story do they want us to agree with?
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by agarawu23(m): 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
ibnjarir93:
which story do they want us to agree with?
I tire o
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by hangzhouro(m): 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
no smoke without fire... watching in HD as things unfold
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by iamrealdeji(m): 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty. - Stephen King
you typing quotes from horror fictional books here,how does it apply to Nigerian politics?
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by nickxtra(m): 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mind, the 900m Naira does not mean cash in bank, but all his assets whihc may include landed properties(houses and land), cars, shares and stocks, farm, including crops and livestocks.
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
I bin think sey na only igbos sabi use 419 for pple...abeg na wen hausas start??buhari de professional!!!
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Jesusloveyou: 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Jesusloveyou: 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
barcanista:
I am waiting for the declaration of asset.
which asset again? so u don't believe ur fellow saTANist lies and propagandan again.
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by IFELEKE(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
@Topic,
The beauty of it all is that he can also be booted out with much fan fare like Jonathan...4 yrs is around the corner.
To all APC squad, the party is over, help your principal deliver!
And to the PDP team, re-strategise and give this nation a credible opposition that has been lacking ever since ...
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by TheBlackOPS: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
www.davidshawnibim..com that's where you get it from, in pidgin none the less
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
IFELEKE:
@Topic,
The beauty of it all is that he can also be booted out with much fan fare like Jonathan...4 yrs is around the corner.
To all APC squad, the party is over, help your principal deliver!
And to the PDP team, re-strategise and give this nation a credible opposition that has been lacking ever since ...

Thank you!

You have spoken well.
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Tranquill: 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
ROSSIKE:
I thought Buhari only had N1 million in his account?

He said he had 'minimum of N1 million. It could be N1 billion or N1.1million but not less than N1 million. It shows how crafty he is.
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Jesusloveyou: 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
jerseyboy:

Maybe you we not born then. When this scandal came out and believe me it was BIG then all the spotlight was on Buhari as Petrleum minister. The money was in Midlnd bank in London. It was eventually returned to NNPC account without the interest it had accumulated. This scandal was credited as the reason for Buhari's coup so as to take vengeance on the whistle blowers and erase all the evidence.
hahahahaha, let me laugh u small, so money was trace to midland bank,return to nnpc, he then decide to plot coup, after d return money to nnpc, common sense is difficult to get, well,that is ur cup of tea,if u don't have common sense, but gej should make sure, we also trace d missing $20b to HSBC and to be return to nnpc.

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Franzeez(m): 11:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Oh come on...this guy is some people's hero oooo
He is our Hero
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Xpressafrica(f): 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by oluspencer(m): 4:16am On Jun 08, 2015
Guess his assets include the house in kastina and kaduna, and his farm. For a former head of state, former petroleum minister, former PTF chairman. His not even a bilionare yet in Naira.
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by dBard: 6:00am On Jun 08, 2015
Mynd44:

Oh come on...this guy is some people's hero oooo

yea, he may be but everyone collectively detests his vacuum cleaner of a wife.
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by dBard: 6:15am On Jun 08, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Nigerians are amongst the most idiotic people on earth, what makes this fact even more hilarious--- or sadder--- is the fact that most of them actually think they're smart.

1. I would be surprised if Buhari is worth less than N1Billion naira. This is by virtue of his past employment history, pensions accrued, and private businesses. I expect that, regardless of his modest living, he's worth much more than that.

2. Just because you have the money to pay for it doesn't mean you should shell out the cash for whatever it is you want to purchase. There's something called a credit facility. This is how people build wealth and why wealthy people will continue being wealthy;paying at once and in cash is usually for the foolish, soon-to-be-broke, and the Poor-pretending-to-be-rich.

3. Why do you idiots want Buhari to fail so bad when even the Ijaw man and his people have accepted that their son was as competent in the act of governing as a 3legged table?

Ok.......but;

A man that'll lie to the people (whether by omission or commission) and get the ppl to follow him knowing that he be lying to them is a dangerous man.

'nuff said.

p.s..to whom much is given , much is expected and if u appear wearing blue tights and a red cape, don't blame peeps if dey expect u to fly.
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by churchmind: 8:50am On Jun 08, 2015
Firefire:
[size=18pt]Scandal: Buhari’s declared asset close to N900Million,but allegedly borrowed N27Million from the Bank to be able to pay for his nomination paper as a candidate..”[/size] —Dr. Wumi Akintide

I am predicting that the Buhari Government are going to have the shortest honeymoon with Nigerians and many of their ardent supporters in the mainstream and social media and rightly so. Unless Buhari changes his current lethargic and snail speed approach to governance, he is going nowhere but down to put it bluntly.

There is no way Buhari is going to meet the huge expectations of Nigerians if he continues to drag his feet and simply look the other way all because he wants to be too careful and painstaking in taking decision. I know there is a limit to how much we can expect from a 73 year old man who is probably going to fall asleep or take a fall climbing the steps like 90 year old Robert Mugabe has been doing lately to the total embarrassment of Zimbabwe because the man does not know where to draw the line and call it quit.

Nigerians fully understand that Buhari is not a Houdini or Professor Moshudi Peller, Nigerian greatest magician. Buhari himself has tried to lower Nigerians’ expectation on that score because he probably knows his limitations. Some of you might think it is too early to start passing judgment on Buhari but I am going to do it because I care too much about the man because I knew him in his prime as an incorruptible leader with very low tolerance level for corruption.

I was a little bit taken aback when the man recently declared his asset. It was close to 900 million Naira. Here was a man who had to borrow 27 million from the Bank to be able to pay for his nomination paper as a candidate. Nigerians now know that the man is far much richer than he wanted Nigerians to believe when he started his campaign. That asset compared to any of his peers like Babangida, Sani Abacha, Obasanjo, Abdulsalam Abubakar, and Ebele Jonathan has to be viewed as only a drop in the ocean. I sure get that but I am still a bit surprised. The asset he declared was done like the old one where he could not be charged for perjury or over-up if he or his Vice President had lied in the declaration. It was nonsense pure and simple…

I am aware that other African leaders like Mobutu Sese Seko, Houphet Boigny, and Emperor Jean Bokasa were far much richer in their life time than most of our leaders, but you still have to wonder how our leaders plunder their countries to get richer the whole country. Ebele Jonathan the shoeless canoe man of Otuoke is almost as rich as Bill Gates or Dangote today if you add the wealth of his power-drunk first lady.

I fully understand that Buhari who has voluntarily dropped his title of a General in the Nigerian Army is proceeding with great caution because he does not want to look like a dictator or being blackmailed or stigmatized as one by the PDP, and even by some elements in his own party who want to act and behave like the PDP did for 16 years of total impunity and recklessness in Nigeria

I concur that Buhari needs to proceed with caution but caution is one thing and lethargy, sloppiness and foolhardiness belong to a different kettle of fish for a man who was a former Head of State for 20 months from August 1983 as a military dictator. They constitute a different ballgame and for a man who has sought the office of a civilian President for 12 consecutive years and should have been fully ready to know some of the things he wants to do, and some of the individuals he would need to get the job done. He ought to have known what the Nigerian Constitution would permit him to do with the consensus of his party majority in both Houses of Parliament. He does not come away now like a man who has gone thru that baptism of fire and conviction. He does not look to me like a proactive President right now. He looks like somebody waiting to react to events as they occur which is not good enough.
dis men r HONEST CRIMINALS simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Denied Being A Nigerian Today. / Lai Mohammed Mourns Ras Kimono, Calls Him Unforgettable Reggae Giant!! / FG Postpones "Nigeria At 60" Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.