Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,416 members, 7,812,226 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million (12224 Views)

Nigerian Pilgrims’ Cocaine Scandal : Buhari Angry With Ndlea / N900Million Found In Waripamowei Dudafa's Account / JUST IN: Buhari Declared The Winner In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by sparkleboy(m): 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2015
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
Beremx:
I guess you jumped the part where the writer of the article said Jonathan is now richer than Bill Gates and Dangote.

Hypocrite!

Btw, 900million naira is small sef. I thought the Op would say 900billion naira. Mtscheeew!

Oniranu kaba kaba!

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by tucky200(m): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:
[size=18pt]Scandal: Buhari’s declared asset close to N900Million,but allegedly borrowed N27Million from the Bank to be able to pay for his nomination paper as a candidate..”[/size] —Dr. Wumi Akintide

I am predicting that the Buhari Government are going to have the shortest honeymoon with Nigerians and many of their ardent supporters in the mainstream and social media and rightly so. Unless Buhari changes his current lethargic and snail speed approach to governance, he is going nowhere but down to put it bluntly.

There is no way Buhari is going to meet the huge expectations of Nigerians if he continues to drag his feet and simply look the other way all because he wants to be too careful and painstaking in taking decision. I know there is a limit to how much we can expect from a 73 year old man who is probably going to fall asleep or take a fall climbing the steps like 90 year old Robert Mugabe has been doing lately to the total embarrassment of Zimbabwe because the man does not know where to draw the line and call it quit.

Nigerians fully understand that Buhari is not a Houdini or Professor Moshudi Peller, Nigerian greatest magician. Buhari himself has tried to lower Nigerians’ expectation on that score because he probably knows his limitations. Some of you might think it is too early to start passing judgment on Buhari but I am going to do it because I care too much about the man because I knew him in his prime as an incorruptible leader with very low tolerance level for corruption.

I was a little bit taken aback when the man recently declared his asset. It was close to 900 million Naira. Here was a man who had to borrow 27 million from the Bank to be able to pay for his nomination paper as a candidate. Nigerians now know that the man is far much richer than he wanted Nigerians to believe when he started his campaign. That asset compared to any of his peers like Babangida, Sani Abacha, Obasanjo, Abdulsalam Abubakar, and Ebele Jonathan has to be viewed as only a drop in the ocean. I sure get that but I am still a bit surprised. The asset he declared was done like the old one where he could not be charged for perjury or over-up if he or his Vice President had lied in the declaration. It was nonsense pure and simple…

I am aware that other African leaders like Mobutu Sese Seko, Houphet Boigny, and Emperor Jean Bokasa were far much richer in their life time than most of our leaders, but you still have to wonder how our leaders plunder their countries to get richer the whole country.[B[ Ebele Jonathan the shoeless canoe man of Otuoke is almost as rich as Bill Gates or Dangote today if you add the wealth of his power-drunk first lady.[/b]

I fully understand that Buhari who has voluntarily dropped his title of a General in the Nigerian Army is proceeding with great caution because he does not want to look like a dictator or being blackmailed or stigmatized as one by the PDP, and even by some elements in his own party who want to act and behave like the PDP did for 16 years of total impunity and recklessness in Nigeria

I concur that Buhari needs to proceed with caution but caution is one thing and lethargy, sloppiness and foolhardiness belong to a different kettle of fish for a man who was a former Head of State for 20 months from August 1983 as a military dictator. They constitute a different ballgame and for a man who has sought the office of a civilian President for 12 consecutive years and should have been fully ready to know some of the things he wants to do, and some of the individuals he would need to get the job done. He ought to have known what the Nigerian Constitution would permit him to do with the consensus of his party majority in both Houses of Parliament. He does not come away now like a man who has gone thru that baptism of fire and conviction. He does not look to me like a proactive President right now. He looks like somebody waiting to react to events as they occur which is not good enough.
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by vedaxcool(m): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
Beremx:
I guess you jumped the part where the writer of the article said Jonathan is now richer than Bill Gates and Dangote.
Hypocrite!
Btw, 900million naira is small sef. I thought the Op would say 900billion naira. Mtscheeew!
Oniranu kaba kaba!

Lol tanoids r brainless grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by superstar1(m): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
What happened to the 2.4billion house?

SaTANoids and lies are one and the same.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by knightsTempler: 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Oh come on...this guy is some people's hero oooo

Is that the only thing you saw from the write up?

You guys are pathetic beyond belief.

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Obijulius: 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
Tanoids at it again... anywayz keep at it....
Tanoids helping Buhari declare his asset since 1960...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by sammieguze(m): 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
You talk about scam as though u are a supporter. I expect the buhari goons to talk the way you are talking.

You can only talk about being slammed if u invested tru ur vote in his govt.

Meanwhile, the man might not be worth 900m in assets and not cash

OREMUSSANCTUS:
"Am poor
I don't ve house in abuja or lagos
I ve only #1m in ma acct
I only ve 150 cows"
Jesus! Buhari has scammed us

Make I sit down and watch how dose thugs support #babaonechance
Even lie muhamMAD dhe learn for where Buhari dhe lie

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
Buhari has raped our conscience with lies

6 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Beremx(f): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
tucky200:
Tanoids can embarass themselves

First he owns a house of 2.4billion
Now hez worth 900million
you dey mind TANoids? His wife is also wearing a watch worth 10million naira. undecided

TANoids are terribly people honestly!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by knightsTempler: 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
Beremx:

Hypocrite!

Oniranu kaba kaba!

The writer should provide a proof that Jonathan is richer than Bill Gate and Dangote, not just throwing figures in the air.

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
superstar1:

We are investigating... I presume the house could have been re-registered on Aisha's name ? Maybe?

Wait for more revelation...

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Mynd44: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

So you are also one of the few patriotic Nigerians ? shocked wink

If patriotism is about entering the same boat with people who actively campaigned that a man who spent 5 years wasting the wealth of this nation, watches thousands die, hundreds of thousands displaced, kidnapped while him and his friends fed fat off the treasury come back for another 4 years, I will rather be unpatriotic.

I am not a Buhari supporter, I just wanted the Goodluck led administration gone so we can rebuilding this nation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Beremx(f): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
vedaxcool:

their brainless no get rival.
Firefire, where you hide your brain? Go get it and fix it back in your skull.
Yeye dey ooze!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
Why can't Buhari apologise to Nigerians for the lies he told, this man is so fake and a scam artiste.

Daura President scammed the gullible janjaweedians with a promise of 5k

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by freshvine(f): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
Cattle rearing is a profitable venture. With 150 cows you hit it big

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Beremx(f): 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

We are investigating... I presume the house could have been re-registered on Aisha's name ? Maybe?

You no well I swear!

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Blood of Jesus shocked

Yorubas have being foooled by illiterates up North

Yorubas please return back the school fees Awolowo paid for you guys > grin

Education is not Wisdom cool

Why do you always bring yorubas or northerners into any discussion How does what you wrote correlate with the post ....#just asking smiley

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

If patriotism is about entering the same boat with people who actively campaigned that a man who spent 5 years wasting the wealth of this nation, watches thousands die, hundreds of thousands displaced, kidnapped while him and his friends fed fat off the treasury come back for another 4 years, I will rather be unpatriotic.

I am not a Buhari supporter, I just wanted the Goodluck led administration gone so we can rebuilding this nation.

Thank God your wish was granted!

Now we can rebuild Nigeria. But should we still use the same old and faulty foundations of lies, deceit and fraud ?

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by importexport: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
Following... grin grin grin.... Nigeria is getting interesting daily... grin grin

cheap kids educational tablet for sale @ reduced price of N13k only, it is for educational purposes for kids to learn and for fun with well installed educational apps such as kids maths, kids world, kids animal world, kids alphabets, kids colors, and lot of games.. Etc

we deliver to Lagos, Abuja, ilorin only
Call:08099792618
Whatapps: 07034952229 (watapps only)
BBm: 52D60F31

https://www.nairaland.com/2330114/cheap-kids-educational-tablet-reduced

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by ogawisdom(m): 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
Buhari is a national disaster. He decieved nigerians to sieze power hop he won't be overthrown by military as usual due to incompetence

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
Beremx:
You no well I swear!

cheesy cheesy

Walahi, I well grin
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

E ti di P.I lori oro buhari

'We are investigating' cheesy....hope y'all find what you're looking for cheesy
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Icecomrade: 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
##
Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by BlackTechnology: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
Grand mother , who is the President of Nigeria.?

Did he falsified his worth asset.?

Grandmother go back to the kitchen because is toooo complicated for your ageing memory to comprehend. grin

Beremx:
Hypocrite!
Oniranu kaba kaba!

Buhari the worst pretender in Nigeria

No wonder he kept quiet when IBB threatened to expose him

" Abacha never stole a dime " Buhari cheesy

san316:
I guess the OP has used FOI to get PMB's asset declaration. That is a good one anyway. If he likes, let him be 200billion naira rich. I don't give a damn.
tucky200:
Now hez worth 900million
tucky200:
Now hez worth 900million
superstar1:
BossTtdiamonds:
Tanoids at it again... anywayz keep at it....
vedaxcool:

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Commit dis country into d hands of God

My point is Nigeria has become too religious that we failed to demand accountability from our leaders.

- We celebrate criminal politicians

- We hail the pen robbers

- We sing the praises of ringleader of criminals as "King Maker"

Fellow Nigerians, your deliverance can only come when you are ready for it.

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Mynd44: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

Thank God your wish was granted!

Now we can rebuild Nigeria. But should we still use the same old and faulty foundations of lies, deceit and fraud ?
Am I more worried about the path to success of success itself?
Buhari just became president for little over a week, I have no reason to criticize him yet. All these crap you people keep throwing about

1. His wife owning a wristwatch: Did was she the president's wife when she bought the watch? That's if she bought it and it was not a gift

2. He did not declare his assets....the man promised to declare his assets within a hundred days. Has that time expired?

I judge the actions of the president by what he did from the time he took the oath as president. You don't see me going to did up the fraud that is called GEJ's term as governor of Bayelsa do you?

3 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
juman:
I don't believe the news, but 900 million naira worth of properties in villages and cities is not much.
That's around $10 million. Quite an amount if you ask me. Especially as he was supposedly struggling to pay for registration.

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Abayhormy(m): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
Carry on Buhari. The majority love you and are behind you. It can only be better than the immediate past regime. Before I start criticizing you, I give you a year and 6 months of critical and close observation. The Otuoke "Hero" got more time than that from me and majority.

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Firefire(m): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

E ti di P.I lori oro buhari

'We are investigating' cheesy....hope y'all find what you're looking for cheesy

Sisi mi,

Oro ilu wa Naijiria yio o gba amojuto. O ti to akoko lati dekun etan.

We at this end are only rendering selfless service as patriotic Nigerians.

"He who comes into equity must come with clean hands."

2 Likes

Re: Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million by Beremx(f): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Grand mother , who is the President of Nigeria.?

Did he falsified his worth asset.?

Grandmother go back to the kitchen because is toooo complicated for your ageing memory to comprehend. grin

Buhari the worst pretender in Nigeria

No wonder he kept quiet when IBB threatened to expose him

" Abacha never stole a dime " Buhari cheesy

Do i have to respond to you? Don't worry,Yoruba people will come after you for always looking for their trouble.

Onye ara!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC National Assembly Caucus In Closed-door Meeting / BREAKING: APC Crisis; Rochas Okorocha Bombs Oshiomhole, El-rufai ( See Video) / Sanusi Lamido Dethronement: Three Untouchable Kings In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.