Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States (68194 Views)

From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist / Anambra Fingered As Having The Most Backward And Primitive Community In The SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 08, 2015
WORDS ON MARBLE....
Rotimi Amaechi on Channels TV, when Jonathan visited Chad
" How can our president be going to little countries like Chad and Niger to seek their co-operation; they are supposed to be coming down to Nigeria and not the other way round.... and he also asked "How did we get to this level".
Gen. Buhari when he hosted ACF during Jonathan ... "What is more worrisome is the fact that Nigeria’s military has to rely on South Africa and small neighboring nations before it could gain recent success in the war against Boko Haram. This situation is shameful and unacceptable."
Lie Mohammed when Buhari visited Chad " since terrorism has assumed a global dimension, no nation, not even the superpower United States, can fight the growing menace alone"
------------
I still wonder who these apc people really are. This their bland hypocrisy is a major reason I can never join that Party. For them, truth is a mortal sin and lying is a second nature. Wasn't the Devil hurled down because of his lies?

5 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by caesaraba(m): 9:05am On Jun 08, 2015
[size=48pt]Benue State[/size]

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 08, 2015
Borno & Abia
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by holyokoto(m): 9:07am On Jun 08, 2015
you forgot to mention BENUE which remain still since 1990 with no 8 months salary now

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Vikkie14: 9:07am On Jun 08, 2015
CharliParker:
I will agree when Bornu and Osun state makes any excuses but Abia state is what pains me most
And dont you think that, that's an Irony.
Why the comparison of Osun and Borno?
Borno state is term the "Home of Peace", we know it's the reverse of that slogan today.
While Osun is "State of the Living Spring" until Aregbe out of ignorance change that to "State of the Virtuous".

In 2009, Osun is reputed to be the MOST PEACEFUL state in Nigeria. Check the "crime wave", hardly will you see Osun on the radar. Osun people are patient and that's why they hardly protest their unpaid salaries.
Borno that is the "home of peace" is now the "hotbed of war" with this insurgency.

Don't ever compare Osun to Borno because of AreGBESE owing his workers.

6 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Omotayor123(f): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2015
chai!!!

There ris God oooooooooooooo

See as Aregbe fall hand for my state. ( Ipinle Omoluabi)

I keep calm#
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by ddugeri(m): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2015
[quote author=Ihedioha2015 post=34542225]OSUN state: This is a South west state.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun on Wednesday opened up on his inability to pay the salaries of workers in the state for five months, blaming it on “declining federal allocation.”
The governor made the open confession at the 7th Bola Tinubu Colloquium organised to mark Tinubu’s 63rd birthday in Lagos.
He said he was deeply pained and unhappy that he had not been able to pay workers salaries.
“I have found it hard to pay the wage bills owing to the declining federal allocation to the state.
“Federal allocation to the state has reduced by 40 per cent since 2013, making it difficult for government to meet up its responsibilities,” he said.

Aregbesola said the situation became so bad at a time that he resorted to the state’s reserves and exhausted it on payment of salaries.
The governor added that the government went ahead to accumulate debt of N12 billion in its bid to ensure that salaries were paid.
He said that he would not mind to borrow more “just to ensure that workers were paid but the “banks would not grant more loans.”
He said: “Osun is next to Lagos in the sheer size of its civil service.
“In fact, the state inherited 50 per cent of all the workers in the old western state and more than 75 per cent in the old Oyo State.
“I was meeting my wage bill of over N3.6 billion with N4.6 billion federal allocation until July, 2013 when the Federal Government announced a decline of about 40 per cent allocation to states.

“This reduced the state’s allocation from N4.6 billion with which I was meeting my bills to N2.6 billion.
“Since then, Osun has had to augment salaries by sometimes N1 billion, sometimes N1.6 billion.
“Before the last time I paid salaries in November, 2014, I have had to either spent the state’s reserves on salaries or borrow money.
“Today, I have a loan of N12 billion that we spent on salaries and I could not go to the banks anymore.”

The governor said that his administration remained pro-workers in spite of the tight corner it had found itself, pledging to pay the salary arrears as soon as the means was available.

He reiterated the commitment of his administration to the welfare of the people, adding that he had demonstrated the commitment with the implementation of a number of programmes.

He described Tinubu as “an icon through whom many great leaders had risen”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/25/why-i-owe-osun-workers-5-months-salary-aregbesola/
op i hate dis now without seeing Adamawa on ur list.

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Rajosh(m): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2015
your list is not complete without kogi. no development in any aspect at all.

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 08, 2015
T.A Orji will always be haunted by his inhumane governing of Abia state.That man will never know peace....I hope he dies a painful death.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by chamboy(m): 9:11am On Jun 08, 2015
Osun is way beta Than Some Eastern States

2 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by xmileeasy: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2015
Op, if Kogi isn't there, the list is not complete
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by dvee2: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2015
Excellent topic by OP. This is what we expect to see on FP, Not PDP/APC ego. As you can see bad governance knows no party, no religion, no ethnicity. Solubu rightly pointed out that no benefit can be vividly seen from regions that produce the president in the last 15 years. Bayelsa still remain one of the least develop state 6 years after GEJ at the top. We most demand for good governance at all levels.

5 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by myklangelo(m): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2015
Thank God you mentioned, Abia state. You are certified. The new governor might remove their state from the list.

I have started my weekly lecture in the Igbo language!!!!!

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by chukwukamma(m): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2015
Can our leaders throw in the towel when it becomes obvious they have no solution to many challenges facing them in governance. The state revenue is low and they lack common sense to buffer it yet they are sitting tight and making people suffer. Governance is about innovation and not just waiting for pay from federation account.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by kennyman20(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2015
May God help us for this naija.. So much sad stories everyday...

Lets handle your quality,cheap and glow in the dark customised wristband. Be rest assured of best services.... For contact or enquiries..
You can email or whatsapp or give us a call...
08108009824... Kehindeadebayo4@gmail.com

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by komek(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2015
With the huge allocation in Delta state, Osun state seems to be better developed than the state under the Uduaghan led administration.

3 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 08, 2015
Borno state.
Waiting for oil bloc money while malingering in Sambisa forest.
Buhari will help them . .

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Lordave: 9:14am On Jun 08, 2015
Humblesam:
Who can still remember Ebonyi,is it a state or local government area?
Hope you're not trying to be stupid

3 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by gwmlogistic: 9:15am On Jun 08, 2015
U have clearly shown pictures of places that put abia and borno on that list but not of osun state. U have only put up a picture of their governor. Something is not right. Intact the people protesting in osun are doing so on well built roads with proper drainage. I think ekiti comes before osun, have you been to kogi?

3 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Sola15(m): 9:15am On Jun 08, 2015
Osun State!!! where is Ekiti State- has no internal revenue source dan my sch, EKSU, only d capital luks biutifu (not even much). Our Osun is far more beta dan Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Anaskie(m): 9:17am On Jun 08, 2015
I have no pity for the people of Abia.

After crying for years about how the Ochendo led PDP government ruined the state, the silly people still went ahead to vote an even more clueless person from the same PDP.

It only takes the grace of God to deliver the state. I think the state is seriously cursed.

3 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by charly4lyf(m): 9:18am On Jun 08, 2015
Op, i can't agree more with you on this, only because of the No 1 on you list above.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2015
[size=13pt]Abia state though grin

I was thinking I can spend 3days at aba to visiting my friends but due to the dirts filled streets as mosquitoes is the only air that breathes in the city, I could only spend 3hrs as I navigated to PHCITY.
[/size]
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Davivah: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2015
signature
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Gboliwe: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2015
I am sure OP hasn't been to Kogi state
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by sukkot: 9:19am On Jun 08, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
T.A Orji will always be haunted by his inhumane governing of Abia state.That man will never know peace....I hope he dies a painful death.
i nominate T A ORJI as the president of the new to be formed biafra republic sad

4 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Truman155(m): 9:19am On Jun 08, 2015
Humblesam:
Who can still remember Ebonyi,is it a state or local government area?
who can still remember your mother. did she pass the madness to her son?

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Gboliwe: 9:20am On Jun 08, 2015
Anaskie:
I have no pity for the people of Abia.

After crying for years about how the Ochendo led PDP government ruined the state, the silly people still went ahead to vote an even more clueless person from the same PDP.

It only takes the grace of God to deliver the state. I think the state is seriously cursed.

Stop trying to sound like you are smart. You are ignorant about who the governor is. If you want a group to pity, pity the people of Bornu state who re-elected the same terrorist a second time.

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 08, 2015
sukkot:
i nominate T A ORJI as the president of the new to be formed biafra republic sad
Joke is still on you.

2 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Gboliwe: 9:22am On Jun 08, 2015
wristwatch:
[size=13pt]Abia state though grin

I was thinking I can spend 3days at aba to visiting my friends but due to the dirts filled streets as mosquitoes is the only air that breathes in the city, I could only spend 3hrs as I navigated to PHCITY.
[/size]

Aba is a mess! I still wonder how humans live there. Even though my cousins live in the good part of Aba, I still take anti-biotics before, during and after any visit to that city. It's that's serious

2 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by omenka(m): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2015
Ihedioha2015:

Election is over. I stand for good governance in Nigeria as a whole.
Respect. Benue should top that list anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Go And take Your APV, APC And you must vote - Tinubu Tells Lagosians / List Of Former Governors Jailed For Corruption / Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.