Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States (68193 Views)

From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist / Anambra Fingered As Having The Most Backward And Primitive Community In The SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by bestower: 10:09am On Jun 08, 2015
Abia is the worst of all states,infact,i kept pondering if govt really exist in d state,am a lagosian i travel alot,d road network are good but it required cleaning,good maintainance,and construction of good drainages,pedestrian bridges,traffic lights,etc.Then,abia will be better.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Satex(m): 10:09am On Jun 08, 2015
stinggy:
Where is Kogi and Benue states?
Can you state the development that has happened in these two states over some years now?
I may not like Aregbe but in all honesty, Osun shouldn't be there if we're talking about top 3.

Bornu and Abia are taking their deserved spots. I think no 1 should be tie between Benue and Kogi.
God bless u. With all sense of fairness, Benue should be number 1 on the list of the most backward, undeveloped and poorly governed states in this country. The state has literally been grounded by the ex-governor (Suswam). Talk of unemployment, salary owed, lack of accessible roads, closure of schools as a result of strike, etc. The list is endless. It is a clear case of bad governance. Oh, I forgot to add that, the ex-governor criminally deducted more than half of the salary of the civil servants. I don't think this kind of illegality has happened in any other state. We need to speak against all these evil.

2 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by WIZGUY69(m): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2015
Ihedioha2015:
OSUN state: This is a South west state.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun on Wednesday opened up on his inability to pay the salaries of workers in the state for five months, blaming it on “declining federal allocation.”
The governor made the open confession at the 7th Bola Tinubu Colloquium organised to mark Tinubu’s 63rd birthday in Lagos.
He said he was deeply pained and unhappy that he had not been able to pay workers salaries.
“I have found it hard to pay the wage bills owing to the declining federal allocation to the state.
“Federal allocation to the state has reduced by 40 per cent since 2013, making it difficult for government to meet up its responsibilities,” he said.

Aregbesola said the situation became so bad at a time that he resorted to the state’s reserves and exhausted it on payment of salaries.
The governor added that the government went ahead to accumulate debt of N12 billion in its bid to ensure that salaries were paid.
He said that he would not mind to borrow more “just to ensure that workers were paid but the “banks would not grant more loans.”
He said: “Osun is next to Lagos in the sheer size of its civil service.
“In fact, the state inherited 50 per cent of all the workers in the old western state and more than 75 per cent in the old Oyo State.
“I was meeting my wage bill of over N3.6 billion with N4.6 billion federal allocation until July, 2013 when the Federal Government announced a decline of about 40 per cent allocation to states.

“This reduced the state’s allocation from N4.6 billion with which I was meeting my bills to N2.6 billion.
“Since then, Osun has had to augment salaries by sometimes N1 billion, sometimes N1.6 billion.
“Before the last time I paid salaries in November, 2014, I have had to either spent the state’s reserves on salaries or borrow money.
“Today, I have a loan of N12 billion that we spent on salaries and I could not go to the banks anymore.”

The governor said that his administration remained pro-workers in spite of the tight corner it had found itself, pledging to pay the salary arrears as soon as the means was available.

He reiterated the commitment of his administration to the welfare of the people, adding that he had demonstrated the commitment with the implementation of a number of programmes.

He described Tinubu as “an icon through whom many great leaders had risen”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/25/why-i-owe-osun-workers-5-months-salary-aregbesola/

http://www.informationng.com/2015/03/why-i-owe-osun-workers-5-months-salary-aregbesola.html

Guy, I wanted to insult you before, but after seeing Abia I mellow.

To be sincere, osun isn't suppose to be there, forget about all the comment you use to read on naira land. I guess you haven't been to osun state. osun is not backward. if not because of salary payment. after all 18 states are owing salary. replace it with : ZAMFARA, KOGI, BENUE OR EBONYI. NOW!!

3 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by ojeota(f): 10:11am On Jun 08, 2015
I cant find delta state there
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by chrizbrain(m): 10:11am On Jun 08, 2015
its so confusing i ain't seeing KOGI State here.
It should be included, please.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by disumusa: 10:17am On Jun 08, 2015
babs01:
Niger state should be there
eboyin state is the worst
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by flowbjones(m): 10:17am On Jun 08, 2015
Kogi State.

Bayelsa State.

Abia State.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by WIZGUY69(m): 10:20am On Jun 08, 2015
it's shocking and ridiculous to put Osun on the list, on the basis of salary payment. 18 states of the federation are owing their civil servants salary too, even though its not a good thing, but using it to judge on backwardness of a state is trash and void.

one reason I hate nairaland, where someone have not been to, he/she will be talking about it(by googling it) and yuh think you know it all. D.

osun is still better and well governed than : ebonyi, kogi, Benue & ekiti + nassarawa & zamfara & Niger state.

NOTE : I have been to all the aforementioned state & osun is developed than those state.

am not bias!

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by bashydemy(m): 10:21am On Jun 08, 2015
This OP most be high on cocoyam leave, What is Osun doing there? I guess you dont know what you talking about... Osun is even more better than Ekiti State.. Have you been to Osogbo, Ilesa, Ile Ife, Ede, Iwo etc
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by abdulwastecx(m): 10:22am On Jun 08, 2015
Uncletony:
Abia better pass all the Northern states. Mtcheeeeew!!

No state in the east is better than kaduna, kano, katsina, jigawa etc in infrastructure, neatness and orderliness... enugu is the only good city in the east.

2 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by chinae(m): 10:23am On Jun 08, 2015
OP after this, update us on the state with the highest rate of poverty or low living standard.
That a state is not governed well doesn't mean the poverty level is high. the effect of entrepreneurial mindset.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by WIZGUY69(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2015
let me take this write-ups with a pinch of salt.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Anaskie(m): 10:25am On Jun 08, 2015
Gboliwe:

Stop trying to sound like you are smart. You are ignorant about who the governor is. If you want a group to pity, pity the people of Bornu state who re-elected the same terrorist a second time.
Please spare me that crap. Its a notorious fact that Abia state is seriously messed up.

Otti was a much better candidate than Ikpeazu, but people like u still went and voted for him. Someone who couldn't manage a little agency like ASEPA. How in the world do you expect him to administer a whole state?
Moreso, with Ochendo monitoring his every move?

Like I said, it only takes the grace of God to deliver that state. Pity yourself first before you pity those in other states.

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by abdulwastecx(m): 10:25am On Jun 08, 2015
WIZGUY69:
it's shocking and ridiculous to put Osun on the list, on the basis of salary payment. 18 states of the federation are owing their civil servants salary too, even though its not a good thing, but using it to judge on backwardness of a state is trash and void.

one reason I hate nairaland, where someone have not been to, he/she will be talking about it(by googling it) and yuh think you know it all. D.

osun is still better and well governed than : ebonyi, kogi, Benue & ekiti + nassarawa & zamfara & Niger state.

NOTE : I have been to all the aforementioned state & osun is developed than those state.

am not bias!

abia, kogi and ekiti are the three worst state i have been to...
abia is the dirtiest state in Nigeria while kogi and ekiti are the joint most backward state in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by pussygotlips: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2015
mormoni:
Confused! Adamawa shud be here
gaskiya ka ranka dahe,

adamawa is backward in terms of infrastructure development
just to think that we have some key players in past and present government.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Gboliwe: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2015
Anaskie:
Please spare me that crap. Its a notorious fact that Abia state is seriously messed up.

Otti was a much better candidate than Ikpeazu, but people like u still went and voted for him. Someone who couldn't manage a little agency like ASEPA. How in the world do you expect him to administer a whole state?
Moreso, with Ochendo monitoring his every move?

Like I said, it only takes the grace of God to deliver that state. Pity yourself first before you pity those in other states.

Your opinion, it is crap to the people in Abia, but you are entitled to it all the same.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by WIZGUY69(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2015
abdulwastecx:

No state in the east is better than kaduna, kano, katsina, jigawa etc in infrastructure, neatness and orderliness... enugu is the only good city in the east.

God bless you.

I use to laugh grin anytime I see my brothers from the other side talk about northern state that they have not been to, turning them to desert with huts and terrorist filled bushes.

they will be telling you how they have the best neighbourhood in the world. shocked

like those places isn't located in Africa again.

like those places are unreachable!
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by kizzken(m): 10:29am On Jun 08, 2015
the op is right, one common thing about this states on the bright side is that, they all have the capabilities and the potentials to be a regional powerhouse bt because of self greedy interests, they'ev plunge downward dark parts that will take the grace of God to upturn.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Reference(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2015
Kogi deserves a mention. That State is stuck in a time machine.

2 Likes

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by NegeduGrace(f): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2015
Where is kogi state..if I don't see kogi wen next I check den dis list is whacked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Selwin256(m): 10:34am On Jun 08, 2015
stinggy:
Can you state the development that has happened in these two states over some years now?
I may not like Aregbe but in all honesty, Osun shouldn't be there if we're talking about top 3.

Bornu and Abia are taking their deserved spots. I think no 1 should be tie between Benue and Kogi.
Nasarawa state pls

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by WIZGUY69(m): 10:36am On Jun 08, 2015
abdulwastecx:

abia, kogi and ekiti are the three worst state i have been to...
abia is the dirtiest state in Nigeria while kogi and ekiti are the joint most backward state in Nigeria

Dude, I know what you are trying to do, trying to defend your region, its a good thing.

but let's be honest, at least once in a while.

if you check my comment, my state is there, am not from osun state though. and am not trying to defend any state. its just the fact. let's take Niger for example, apart from Minna, which place can one call city bida? suleja? those places are still small town with farms in it. Niger is just big for nothing. there's no way you can compare it with Osun.
same care as kogi. the only developed place is Okene & Lokoja. there G.R.A is nothing to write home about.

hope u get me
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by JakesJ(m): 10:37am On Jun 08, 2015
stinggy:

Bro. Let Op 2 Tink Around His Brain Space Oh! If Not, Where's 'Ninja State' Dat Is Called "Niger State" Instead Of Osun State Eh?
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 08, 2015
@OP
m sure osun can never be as backward as ur state? So d fact that he can't pay salaries makes d state a backward state?.. So foolish.

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Judolisco(m): 10:39am On Jun 08, 2015
Acidosis:

Kogi state is too big (land mass). No meaningful development can impact lives generally until the F.G give the people of Kogi another state. Alternatively, F.G should utilise the resources so we can contest with other large and rich states like Delta. In Delta you can feel the governor's presence in places like Warri, Agbor, Abraka, Sapele, Oleh, and of course the state capital Asaba. In Kogi, even the state capital is'nt "living up to expectation."

No amount of APC lies can change Kogi until the listed needs are met. There is hardly anything left after paying salaries. Hundred of thousands of Pensioners have not been paid gratuity, including my dad. Mind you, this debt is in millions/per individual.

It will take a new government (under any tribe or party) 5-10 years to clear the pensions/gratuity/unpaid salaries/allowances accrued over the years given the sparse resources.
exactly we have d same views...bt if power can be rotated each governor will be able to bring some changes to it area..bt i still believe d state should be divided
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by abdulwastecx(m): 10:41am On Jun 08, 2015
WIZGUY69:

Dude, I know what you are trying to do, trying to defend your region, its a good thing.

but let's be honest, at least once in a while.

if you check my comment, my state is there, am not from osun state though. and am not trying to defend any state. its just the fact. let's take Niger for example, apart from Minna, which place can one call city bida? suleja? those places are still small town with farms in it. Niger is just big for nothing. there's no way you can compare it with Osun.
same care as kogi. the only developed place is Okene & Lokoja. there G.R.A is nothing to write home about.

hope u get me

brother i am yoruba man from suleja... i was born there and still live there, i have relative from bida as well. suleja is a big town owing to her closeness to abuja, the only problem is lack of good dual double carriage road through central part of the town.
suleja is bigger than ado ekiti, lokoja and so many other state capital of states in Nigeria. Infact suleja is the most populous town in Niger state.

i have been to Kogi several time, the only good settlement there is ajaokuta still complex staff quarters.

1 Like

Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by bmos(m): 10:42am On Jun 08, 2015
BMedia:
Abia

Where is benue state particularly otukpo, David Mark's place?
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by engrhorla(m): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2015
Op, judging by d topic, I think u missed it.

Benue state should be first!

Benue state is d true food basket of naija, it has got several big guys both now and present holding top positions.

Yet, Benue is still number one with HIV victims!

Education there is poor!

Public enlightenment is low that is why a man has been representin his constituency despite non-performance!

With d amount of yams Benue churn out, there shld be several Yam flour making industries there!

And lastly, in Lagos and other states, d average househelp is from Benue state! That itself is an indication of d backwardness of d state.

I rest my case!
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by Ephemmm: 10:45am On Jun 08, 2015
basilo101:
See how Abia ppl are happy wen dia bad govnor was exposed? Meanwhile Osun ppl are still defending dia own governor.

Don't be mislead: Aregberascal is a performer in terms of general development. His major weakness is inability to generate fund to cover up deficiency in allocation from FG which result in owing workers' salaries.

There is no doubt that he is loved by majority in Osun: a trial could convince you.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by stinggy(m): 10:47am On Jun 08, 2015
JakesJ:
Bro. Let Op 2 Tink Around His Brain Space Oh! If Not, Where's 'Ninja State' Dat Is Called "Niger State" Instead Of Osun State Eh?
No ooo. In the real context of backward, Niger state can't be included.
Minna isn't going back, Suleja is ever growing, Bida isn't backward too.
You need to visit Abia, Kogi and Benue to see backwardness. Hmmmm, I mean reverse motion! This were better in those states before than they are now.

Selwin256:
Nasarawa state pls
Nope. Mararaba, Nyanya, Keffi, Akwanga are all developing.
The development might not be as much, but they are better than they were few years back. That's not a backward state bro.
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by mormoni(m): 10:47am On Jun 08, 2015
pussygotlips:

gaskiya ka ranka dahe,

adamawa is backward in terms of infrastructure development

just to think that we have some key players in past and present government.
I tell u
Re: Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States by sexyjennik(f): 10:52am On Jun 08, 2015
stinggy:

Nothing at all. I pass through it most times and you will hardly see anything new even if you pass through 10 years later.
I wonder why it's not on the list or is the Op from kogi? grin

That big for nothing state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Go And take Your APV, APC And you must vote - Tinubu Tells Lagosians / List Of Former Governors Jailed For Corruption / Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.