Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari (62904 Views)

Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) / Akpabio Elected Senate Minority Leader / Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by horlabiyi(m): 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
The absentee senator were supposed to be at the national assembly but instead went to meet the president. I heard the SP election need just the majority of the house vote to stand. But 2/3 of the house to impeach the elected SP.

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ayindejimmy(m): 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Nothing illegal took place today.For the senate to convene it requires 1/3 quourm which is 36 http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/documents/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/ChapterFive.html.Saraki was elected with 57 votes which is simple majority.

Sarki simply out smarted APC leadership with his loyal members

How about this...

The "election" took place without the legal
proclamation of the Senate by President Buhari.

A Senate that has not been inaugurated. Is the proclamation by the president merely cosmetic? I believe the APC also know what they're doing by calling the meeting at that time
Time will tell. Saraki is merely acting as a snitch

3 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by steppin: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
**wailing from the APC camp**
My belle o! My head o!

12 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by folabayo1(f): 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki is meeting with his doom grin
Buhari go show am pepper grin
Meanwhile pdp dey celebrate cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Aspireahead(m): 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
NAIJA DEY BAM

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by mbulela: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]You tambuwal me...I Saraki you grin grin grin grin
Buhari is a real Dullard for calling a meeting at such a critical time, he dpesn't understand Nigeria politics
[/size]
I see your point.
The man should have just kept out of the politics of national assembly like he promised.
Tinubu and Lai Mohammed will just rail road him down a ditch. The issue is that having being embarrassed like this, he is less likely to take their advice even when it is for good.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by paulpisky: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
The clerk of the national assembly is the one in charge of this proceeding
deebsman1:
The "election" took place without the legal proclamation of the Senate by President Buhari.
does that have any implication, learned peeps in the house, share your knowledge

5 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Kentrasso(f): 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
And why were APC senators meeting with buhari??

Isn't he supposed to meet with all of them?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by loomer: 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Na small crack de scatter building.

Why Sahara reporters dey cry like say na them de contest election

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by ikorodureporta: 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Itz gonna b really interestin......ChangeHathCome!

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Mistermamus(m): 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
d meeting with GMB failed to hold -AIT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by n1bogo: 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
congratulations to the Senate president and his deputy.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by anonimi: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
Where is PassingShot grin

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
ayindejimmy:

How about this...

The "election" took place without the legal
proclamation of the Senate by President Buhari.

A Senate that has not been inaugurated. Is the proclamation by the president merely cosmetic? I believe the APC also know what they're doing by calling the meeting at that time
Time will tell. Saraki is merely acting as a snitch
The legal proclamation was read at the begining of the inaugration by one if the clerks

14 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by omenka(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
Just folding my arms to see where all these ends.

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
This is a game and APC i know, will not back down. Saraki will be impeached, Ekweremmadu impeached and APC will get their deserved senate presidency. It is just a matter of time, strategy, counter strategy and a little bit help from EFCC.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by grabs(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
What else can one expect from Sharia Reporters

3 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Mistermamus(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
Edwardhead:
[size=20pt]PDP feel it's pay back time but they don't know they were used to satisfy the interest of Saraki.[/size]
abi its PDP dat d deal with dem APC no sabi politics jor

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by pathardy(m): 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Story for the gods.

Since they were elected to have have meetings with PMB

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Realdeals(m): 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Seriously
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by forgiveness: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC played smart, they wanted to know who is with them and who is against them hence they scheduled a meeting with those with them and allowed those against them to attend the inauguration.

They tried to know this before throught the mock election conducted by APC using open ballot vote but Bukola's group knew the party's intention hence they boybott the mock election and it failed.

Now, let's wait and see APC next move.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by kay1one2(m): 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
baralatie:

fortunately ,PMB did send his declaration and the inauguration to the 8th Assembly which was read on the floor of the house.it is line with the constitution.
So it is Legal!

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by OLeiNads(m): 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Kentrasso:
And why were APC senators meeting with buhari??

Isn't he supposed to meet with all of them?
WHEN THEY SHOULD BE GOING ABOUT THEIR CONTITUTIONAL DUTIES undecided

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by deebsman1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
that clark should be sacked and locked up. PMB need to swing into action, those PDP mofos are there to sabotage his effort by all means.
paulpisky:
The clerk of the national assembly is the one in charge of this proceeding

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by okeoghene12(f): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
pls nairalanders who watched from the beginning help me here.. 'was the proclamation read or not?'
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by galadima77(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]You tambuwal me...I Saraki you grin grin grin grin
Buhari is a real Dullard for calling a meeting at such a critical time, he dpesn't understand Nigeria politics
[/size]

you're more intelligent and brilliant than Buhari yet he's the president while you're who again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by premConcept: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by manutdrichie(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
F
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by muh4lyf(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
I am neither an APC member nor am I a PDP member.. But what we fail to understand is that Nigerian politicians are all thesame... Mind you the change clamoured for might just have been dashed... The masses seem to have returned back to square 1 cos saraki would surely fraustrate PMB effort... I shake my head for the poor in spanish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
folabayo1:
Saraki is meeting with his doom grin Buhari go show am pepper grin Meanwhile pdp dey celebrate cheesy
Bleached brain grin
Shut up!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Mistermamus(m): 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC shitheads crying foul lol. PDP sabi d game una own na just to occupy without reasoning

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Masculity(m): 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
It is the right of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria to proclaim the new assembly before they can select a new leader. The election was however carried out in the absent of the president. This election is illegal and not recognized by the Nigerian constitution. The election should be nullified and the clerk should be persecuted. And Saraki should be expelled from APC. EFCC get ready to probe someone.

guy you be barrister

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 3 Nigerians Who Will Serve In Biden’s Government (Pictures) / The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / President Buhari Poses With His Children And Grandchildren In Aso Rock. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.