Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari (62902 Views)

Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) / Akpabio Elected Senate Minority Leader / Senator Saraki 'emerges' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by scachy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
soe:

And i can see a supreme court judgment underway....suspending the Senate until further notice.

The illegality in the action of the so called clerk of the house will not stand. Having inaugurated 57senators only out of 109, that is not even up to a quorum (quorum is 1/3rd for normal plenary...but for extraordinary plenary such as this and constitution amendment among others specified by law, it is 2/3rd).

And this was also without the requisite formal declaration by Mr President, signalling the launching of the new assembly.
That said, APC needs to checkmate the activities of certain people. Saraki has only confirmed that he is far from "change" as he is neck deep in romance with the PdP gang. Shame to kwankwaso also, for being no different...now I know never to trust the so called N-PDP boys who ought to have been left to rot in political oblivion like Lamido and Muazu.

First, he called the VP a mere commissioner.
Secondly, he damned the meeting with mr president.
Thirdly, he paired with pdp imps.

My advicr to Buhari, this guy still has 4 heavy corruption baggages....it is either you immediately recruit Nuhu Ribadu into the EFCC, or you consult OBJ on how to deal ruthlessly with Senate Presidents.

Wabara knows what I'm talking about
make I hear word joor , Mr.over Sabi. Drinking paracetamol for another man's headache. U think Nairaland is NAAS that it's activities were covered by NTA? abi na u be Buhari's PA?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
The president delegated the power to the clerk when he sent the inaugral letter to him
Don't you understand English? What was read was a notice, not inauguration speech.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
omoharry:
APC supporters, why are you guys pained about this whole episode. were you guys not rejoicing back then when Tambuwa defected from PDP to APC even as he was still cuupying this speaker-ship position? .why it is so difficult for APC and their supporters to accept things when its not in their favour . na waooo!!..
of course, the PDP members vented their anger back then, so we have the right to do the same. But what matters is how we deal with it. Watch out
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Ezenwammadu(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Toktee:
i see saraki and many other apc members going on suspension soon for anti party activities.
Suspended from the party not the senate.They can always decamp to PDP

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Reference(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
johnie:

Very correct!

The man who came second to Buhari at the APC primaries!

The three strands of APC (CPC-Buhari, ACN-Tinubu, nPDP-Saraki) do dey show face!

Kwankwaso went with Saraki- Governor's Forum/New PDP Ties.

Will Amaechi go with Saraki? I think he will!

If GEJ remains powerful in PDP, Saraki and his new PDP people will form a new party. Mark my words!

The days of an overbearing Obasanjo are over!

Tinubu is being checked!

Buhari will have to confront both the Tinubu and Saraki groups if he does not politic (which is the CHANGE some voted for).

Buhari will have to confront the same people who drafted him into the race to get rid of GEJ. He would not find it easy. I hope he has learnt from GEJ's errors of trusting and trying to pacify these people.

Now, people will see what GEJ suffered in the hands of these people.

As long as they all are not able to gang up against the masses, I am happy.

I'm so loving this!

PS

I suspect a major fall out between Tinubu and Fashola.

I will explain when the time comes.

wink

Yeah. I can imagine Fashola raising a glass of Dom Perignon 53 with a wry smile. Politics 007.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by abbey621(m): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
People making noise where there is none! 90% of the people here have no understanding of the Constitution neither can they fully comprehend the dynamics of Nigerian politics. Just a few days ago people were complaining that Buhari was slow in organizing his government, now the pieces are falling into place and yet people still shouting crisis, please let us all just chill, grab the popcorn and enjoy the show. The mastermind is at work.......SAI Buhari!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by anonimi: 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Olisa Metuh needs to quickly & promptly issue a statement condemning Buhari's UNDEMOCRATIC stance aimed at undermining an independent arm of the federal government by having a meeting with SINator elects when they were supposed to be in chambers REPRESENTING their constituents in the planned business of the day. angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Lionsclaw: 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
sellydion:

BACK DOOR ELECTION, ABUSE OF DETAIL PROCESS. KANGAROO SENATE.

IF THEY START LIKE THIS UNPOPULAR REHEARSAL, HOW WILL THEY END IT?
Dont make people think you are sick. If it was gej that summoned senators elect to ICC when they should be participating in a due election wont you scream foul. But now a due process election was held and u call it kangaroo. You are the definition of hypocracy

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Raypawer(m): 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]You tambuwal me...I Saraki you grin grin grin grin
Buhari is a real Dullard for calling a meeting at such a critical time, he doesn't understand Nigeria politics
[/size]

oh boy... you wan kill person with laf cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Blackfire(m): 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
new2020:

Mumu...Buhari is behind his victory to checkmate Tinubu and cage him. For some reason Yorubas are not understanding this. Buhari engineered this.

they dont yet understand,one mr afolabi was ranting on because how apc conquer and terminate,i just shake my head * bam bam* saraki emerges,ike deputised him,at the same time some apc were tea-ing and drinking fura de nunu with buhari. Am telling who cares to listern the north is back, and they will play us(ss,se,sw,mb) against each other.
Tinubu and apc sw, your move
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Stoical: 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
chigoizie7:

We re saying the same thing, I am not in anyway concerned weda PMB likes or dislikes saraki emerging as d SP, noooooo, don't get me wrong.

Ofcoz saraki was elected constitutionally.

My only concern is how myopic those dat went for the meeting could be, they refused to see the hand writing on the wall. How could u explain the fact that u re scheduled for an exam that will determine ur next step in life(assume) and u left the exam to go and watch barca vs madrid match, of course the people u will be writing the exams with will commence with or without you, and that Is wat jut happened

I only pray, that lawan and co should not discharge their duties in a myopic and reckless manner as they have already shown.

My 2cents.
Yeah, u got me cracking on the exam vs match illustration. Meanwhile, the issue now is for APC to find a way, reconcile their members and not look at it from an insubordinate eye and move on to assist PMB as this is the major needs of Nigerians ATM. They should learn from PDP handling of Tambuwal case... Remember, this is Senate, which is the upper chamber of the House.

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by skarlet: 1:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
aguiyi:
the Daura President will be thought how far Nigeria has moved since 1985.

The text in bold is TAUGHT, you semi-illiterate oaf!

Please respect the office of our president. The whole world does.

*drops mic*
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by uchwar1: 1:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
PStacks:

Look! "NEVER" come up here and call the President a Dullard again in your life, otherwise I'l track you and maim you.

Your Father is the Dullard here not to have flushed you in the drains.
shut ur smelly mouth up. Ur type were the ones insulting the former president.
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Adisa89(m): 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
aguiyi:

you are a fool . both you and the terrorist you are protecting his interest online.

the elections are over, bring back our girls campaign is dead, the girls are no longer talked about. the campaign leaders and directors are part of Buharis transition committee and govt. he could not show us his certificate till date. tell me the difference btw him and a dullard, idiot
ask the military grin
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
soe:

And i can see a supreme court judgment underway....suspending the Senate until further notice.

The illegality in the action of the so called clerk of the house will not stand. Having inaugurated 57senators only out of 109, that is not even up to a quorum (quorum is 1/3rd for normal plenary...but for extraordinary plenary such as this and constitution amendment among others specified by law, it is 2/3rd).

And this was also without the requisite formal declaration by Mr President, signalling the launching of the new assembly.
That said, APC needs to checkmate the activities of certain people. Saraki has only confirmed that he is far from "change" as he is neck deep in romance with the PdP gang. Shame to kwankwaso also, for being no different...now I know never to trust the so called N-PDP boys who ought to have been left to rot in political oblivion like Lamido and Muazu.

My advicr to Buhari, this guy still has 4 heavy corruption baggages....it is either you immediately recruit Nuhu Ribadu into the EFCC, or you consult OBJ on how to deal ruthlessly with Senate Presidents.

gbam !! kiss
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Adisa89(m): 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
skarlet:

The text in bold is TAUGHT, you semi-illiterate oaf!

Please respect the office of our president. The whole world does.

*drops mic*
as much as u respected the former president. hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Masculity(m): 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Barrister ko, Barcanista ni. Abeg free me jor. I dey vex

no vex ooo abeg gringringringringrin
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by 2thpick: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
babestella:

See this clow.n, you should be in a circus you APC minion. You are even worse than a dullard for you to descend this low to threaten anyone on social media.
Regardless of your party of interest. What sense does it make to call someone's grand father , your president such names, were you not taught to respect elders
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Adisa89(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
PStacks:

Look! "NEVER" come up here and call the President a Dullard again in your life, otherwise I'l track you and maim you.

Your Father is the Dullard here not to have flushed you in the drains.
both buhari and ur father are DULLARDS! did I just say that? ok....hang urself
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by preetyb(f): 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Like the biblical case of the ten virgin abi?

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Stoical:

Yeah, u got me cracking on the exam vs match illustration. Meanwhile, the issue now is for APC to find a way, reconcile their members and not look at it from an insubordinate eye and move on to assist PMB as this is the major needs of Nigerians ATM. They should learn from PDP handling of Tambuwal case... Remember, this is Senate, which is the upper chamber of the House.

U re correct, it wouldn't be fair for the APC to see saraki as a back staber. He worked for his ambitions, he didn't step on any APC member toes, he only capitalised on Lawan's mumulity and foolishness to achieve his own goals, I will call dat an opportunity well articulated.

APC, please get ur house in order, support both PMB and saraki for d progress of this nation.

Dis very 8th political dispensation will be very very interesting only if PDP knows how to play that "OPPOSITION GAME" very well and constitutionally abiding.

One love

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by johnie: 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Reference:

Yeah. I can imagine Fashola raising a glass of Dom Perignon 53 with a wry smile. Politics 007.

Those who joked about Fashola not being able to make even a councillor in Lagos had better watch out!
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by harbeemx(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
Just read the constitution and it says: The senate leader is decided by the majority votes. Saraki had 57 votes compared to the other 51, based on impeachment,he needs 2/3 of the house which is practically impossible based on his love from PDP. Let's just enjoy this shared government till 2019
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by PStacks(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
Adisa89:
both buhari and ur father are DULLARDS! did I just say that? ok....hang urself

Coward.. Sits behind some punch pads and types what he dares not say in the full glare of light..
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Franzeez(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
soe:

The fact is there is No way Lawan can win, even if they are there its 57 to 51 nah
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by skarlet: 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Adisa89:
as much as u respected the former president. hypocrite!

Your fada!
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by uncommonice(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Just observing. Speechless
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by PStacks(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
uchwar1:
shut ur smelly mouth up. Ur type were the ones insulting the former president.

But your former president ridiculed himself to the point of insults..

It was glaring, everybody saw he was the "Chief Clueless".. That's not an insult to me, its the Obvious..

Justify why you call Buhari a Dullard..

A Distinguished Army General..

Breed Home and Abroad..
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by johnie: 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Suspended from the party not the senate.They can always decamp to PDP

They will cite crisis in APC as reason for them to decamp from APC to their new party and still retain their seats.

Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by Adisa89(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
Stoical:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Let's take a closer look at these events...
Qtn 1: Who's choice was Law an?
Qtn 2: Does Buhari feel very comfortable with those backing Lawan?
Qtn 3: Between the NE and NC, who has more political weight and backers? Note: Atiku factor has not yet been discussed...
Lastly: How sure are we that "the meeting called by PMB at the time the National Assembly was supposed to be inaugurated was not planned? And how do we explain the fact that, PMB had earlier sent a letter, authorising the Inauguration of the 8th Assembly by the Clerk of the house?

Really, to clear the air... The house does elects its leader by simple majority (108 - 51 = 57)... So, they acted under the law.
To unseat the SP, they need 2/3 majority...

Wow! Buhari said, "I'll work with anybody, setting a precedence that he ain't supporting anyone, yet a "meeting" was called at the exact time where the house was to be inaugurated...(please, decipher this, my good friends)
POL 101 - Intro to Political Math grin
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by PStacks(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lionsclaw:
It is wrong to insult the president but how many people did u maim when gej was been insulted.

Cry all you can! GEJ would Never come back..

He's done and dusted. He's History..

Forget GEJ, let's face a "New Nigeria"..
Re: Saraki 'Elected' Senate President While APC Senators Were Meeting With Buhari by PStacks(m): 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
babestella:

See this clow.n, you should be in a circus you APC minion. You are even worse than a dullard for you to descend this low to threaten anyone on social media.

Coward.. Sits behind some punch pads and types what he dares not say in the full glare of light..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 3 Nigerians Who Will Serve In Biden’s Government (Pictures) / The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / President Buhari Poses With His Children And Grandchildren In Aso Rock. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.