Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,596 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? (3532 Views)

'I Curved Him For 4 Years, Dated His Bestfriend & Brother. Had A Baby 4 His Cuz / Have You Dated A Girl/Guy Who Doesn't FORGIVE? / 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
I asked this question out of curiosity based on what a female nairalander just posted about dating a guy for 7 years and marriage not forthcoming.
I really dnt know.if there is an ideal year of dating or courtship before marriage can take place.
What I know is that the time the partners meet might determine how long they would date before they marry. Take for instance people that started dating in 100L will likely get married later than matured minds that meets in camp ground.
I know a lady that dated her now husband for close to 10 years before they tied the knot, and.similar to the OP the man wanted to build his own house, own cars and all bfr marrying, but due to family intervention they are now happily married. Whereas my bro didn't date his now wife for up to one and half years before he married her, maybe because he met her after serving.
My question now is, is there a ideal year to all these dating stuffs? So we faithful ones won't be jonzing Nd.wasting our time o!
Married nairalanders, make unable help us answer this question.
How long did u dated your spouse?
Tnks all wink
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
I DATEDED him for 6 months and we REDATEDEDED

4 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by ronald4lif(m): 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
Opening the floor to our married doctor KingTom, let's hear from him. grin
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
I am still single..... But in my opinion, I believe Time isn't what's important.
What is important is how well both partners love each other and how ready and committed they are towards capping their union in marriage .

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by elantraceey(f): 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
The time isn't so important but for me I don't fancy long term relationships , if my first relationship had worked out maybe I would have tried it.
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Ezedon(m): 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
Two days i engaged and marry her
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by KingTom(m): 9:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
ronald4lif:
Opening the floor to our married doctor KingTom, let's hear from him. grin

When the OP learns how to apply her tenses well, then and only then shall I comment grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Enegod(m): 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
Why even consider marriage? Being with the person I love is enough for me than putting f**king handcuffs.

Why ruin a great thing by that piece of paper... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by shamsuRana(m): 9:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
classicB:
I asked this question out of curiosity based on what a female nairalander just posted about dating a guy for 7 years and marriage not forthcoming.
I really dnt know.if there is an ideal year of dating or courtship before marriage can take place.
What I know is that the time the partners meet might determine how long they would date before they marry. Take for instance people that started dating in 100L will likely get married later than matured minds that meets in camp ground.
I know a lady that dated her now husband for close to 10 years before they tied the knot, and.similar to the OP the man wanted to build his own house, own cars and all bfr marrying, but due to family intervention they are now happily married. Whereas my bro didn't date his now wife for up to one and half years before he married her, maybe because he met her after serving.
My question now is, is there a ideal year to all these dating stuffs? So we faithful ones won't be jonzing Nd.wasting our time o!
Married nairalanders, make unable help us answer this question.
How long did u dated your spouse?
Tnks all wink

Dated from 2004 to 2008.
Married 08 and still holding on to one another up and till the moment of this post.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by AfricanApple(f): 9:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
6months smiley

any relationship more than 3 years needs glasses

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by ronald4lif(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
KingTom:

When the OP learns how to apply her tenses well, then and only then shall I comment grin grin grin

OP, you've heard from the mouth of the only non-Islamic adherent with 4 wives in Naija. Do the needful. cheesy
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by ronald4lif(m): 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
Enegod:
Why even consider marriage? Being with the person I love is enough for me than putting f**king handcuffs.

Why ruin a great thing by that piece of paper... undecided undecided

3 gboza for you. Tuale! Marriage cert is just one fxckin' piece of over-rated paperwork. An advance imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
misssclassy:
I am still single..... But in my opinion, I believe Time isn't what's important.
What is important is how well both partners love each other and how ready and committed they are towards capping their union in marriage .

Time isn't important? Does that mean you can date a guy for close to 10years?
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by KingTom(m): 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
ronald4lif:

OP, you've heard from the mouth of the only non-Islamic adherent with 4 wives in Naija. Do the needful. cheesy

Some of these things are embarrassing mehn grin
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Enegod(m): 9:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
ronald4lif:

3 gboza for you. Tuale! Marriage cert is just one fxckin' piece of over-rated paperwork. An advance imprisonment.
cool cool
My brother na so o...marriage is just over-rated
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by pwerrymansion(f): 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
An ideal courtship shouldn't be less than 6months and shouldn't exceed 2years.
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Mznaett: 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
God pls bless the person that posted this stuff..This is just the issue am debating on now. Funny enough,i was in jss2 when i met this guy nd he was in ss1 then nd it happens 2b dat i attended a girls sch while his was mixed so this guy did all he could 2make things work out 4 both of us bt i knw 4sure d fault was/is 4rm me ciz i never loved him reason been dat we hail 4rm d same villa. Fast forward 2d end of my schooling there i deleted his contact though i had other guyz o. As fate my have it during my first yr in sch i was suprised 2c him in my department though mumsy told him i was there he never expected 2c me again nd we started again frankly speaking i'v told him i dnt love him bt he still hope dat sumday things gonna change. Today,we met as a family nd he told me everything he had in mind nd i blame myself
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
classicB:

Time isn't important? Does that mean you can date a guy for close to 10years?

The time spent courting or dating isn't what's essential.

Two people can date for up to ten years and they will still not be ready for marriage. However, a couple can be together for just two months and they would have developed that commitment, compatibility, friendship and love that would be required to take that next step into marriage.

Courting or dating is not guided by a particular time frame. Time taken to court/date differs for different couples

Marriage isn't child's play. It isn't like a degree you study for in the university for a "stipulated amount of time"
It's the most crucial aspect of ones life and before a couple makes a decision to marry, they must both be ready to commit to such.
It can take different time frames depending on the nature of the relationship and the partners involved, but in the end it's when they both believe they are ready that they will seal their union with marriage.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Enegod(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mznaett:
God pls bless the person that posted this stuff..This is just the issue am debating on now. Funny enough,i was in jss2 when i met this guy nd he was in ss1 then nd it happens 2b dat i attended a girls sch while his was mixed so this guy did all he could 2make things work out 4 both of us bt i knw 4sure d fault was/is 4rm me ciz i never loved him reason been dat we hail 4rm d same villa. Fast forward 2d end of my schooling there i deleted his contact though i had other guyz o. As fate my have it during my first yr in sch i was suprised 2c him in my department though mumsy told him i was there he never expected 2c me again nd we started again frankly speaking i'v told him i dnt love him bt he still hope dat sumday things gonna change. Today,we met as a family nd he told me everything he had in mind nd i blame myself

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
misssclassy:

The time spent courting or dating isn't what's essential.

Two people can date for up to ten years and they will still not be ready for marriage. However, a couple can be together for just two months and they would have developed that commitment, compatibility, friendship and love that would be required to take that next step into marriage.

Courting or dating is not guided by a particular time frame. Time taken to court/date differs for different couples

Marriage isn't child's play. It isn't like a degree you study for in the university for a "stipulated amount of time"
It's the most crucial aspect of ones life and before a couple makes a decision to marry, they must both be ready to commit to such.
It can take different time frames depending on the nature of the relationship and the partners involved, but in the end it's when they both believe they are ready that they will seal their union with marriage.

That's beautiful. I agree. Didn't feel like puking out my guts. And, I follow my gut. Realistic piece.
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
elantraceey:
The time isn't so important but for me I don't fancy long term relationships , if my first relationship had worked out maybe I would have tried it.

So you set out with the mindset that the relationships you'd be involved in wouldn't work?

You set SHORT TERM GOALS only?

You are a Chelsea/Mourinho fan, I suppose?

Quite telling, quite revealing.smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by penplayer: 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
misssclassy:

the height of your intelligence is amazing. Honestly. Will you marry me? grin
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Adisa89(m): 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
I don't support spending long time in courtship coz if, in the end, one disappoints, there would be a serious emotional breakdown on the other. this might lead the affected to distrust and hate the opposite sex. so my advice is that, if ur uncertain of the outcome of the relationship, try to make it short and end the relationship just in time before the other starts crying jilted and heartbroken

1 Like

Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by elantraceey(f): 10:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

So you set out with the mindset that the relationships you'd be involved in would work?

You set SHORT TERM GOALS only?

You are a Chelsea/Mourinho fan, I suppose?

Quite telling, quite revealing.smiley

lolz

I'm not in any relationship now and I don't see it changing in the next one year and when it does God will before it runs into five years we should have tired the knot , I don't need to know a man completely before I get married to him in fact you can't know anyone completely.

Goals and relationships are two different things.

Well you're right about that , I'm an ardent Chelsea fan cheesy
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Adisa89(m): 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
elantraceey:

lolz

I'm not in any relationship now and I don't see it changing in the next one year and when it does God will before it runs into five years we should have tired the knot , I don't need to know a man completely before I get married to him in fact you can't know anyone completely.

Goals and relationships are two different things.

Well you're right about that , I'm an ardent Chelsea fan cheesy
ur right, but it's good to know him well enough to conclude if ur safe with him or not.
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by elantraceey(f): 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
Adisa89:
ur right, but it's good to know him well enough to conclude if ur safe with him or not.

Of course , if you are some one that's very observant you should know if you can live with someone forever after just a year or two. For someone like me , you can't pretend around me for long , you'll get tired.
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by fairygeh(f): 6:26am On Jun 11, 2015
barrnchedo:
I DATEDED him for 6 months and we REDATEDEDED
cheesy
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 11, 2015
penplayer:

the height of your intelligence is amazing. Honestly. Will you marry me? grin

No grin
Re: How Long Did You Dated Your Spouse Before Marriage? by penplayer: 8:19am On Jun 11, 2015
misssclassy:

No grin
sad Thought you're single... Don't thwart my chances na. Please na. Please na. grin

Epelumi42, come and talk to her o. wink

(1) (Reply)

Something I Have Noticed.suya Been Sold In Front Of An Ashawo (prostitute) House / What Comes To Your Mind In The Morning When You Are With Your Girl or Your Man? / Hausa Girls LESBIAN This Happens To All High School Girls AGREE???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.