Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Bauchi Religious Crisis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Religious Crisis (7879 Views)

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria / Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by Jakumo(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2009
Mai Suya:

haba, aboki, why i go tok say I dey fut am por juju por my suya. wahlahi karya ne! gaskiya me I no dey put am por juju at all at all, my suya na 100% original kobakaganinba?

And there you have it.  This thread is now officially closed until someone can step forward to display more creativity  that did the writer who composed the landmark essay on the Talisman-Fortified Trojan Cows of Katsina , to which Mai Suya alludes in his above heartfelt deposition.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by StFunmi(f): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2009
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so its SAINT funmi now? whateva happened to EM? no, no dont tell me, I think I know. Her itchy fingers got the better of her - again. well, lets hope that with a bright halo now hovering above her head, her tribalistic disposition will be curtailed . . .
Aboki, you are laughing abi?. People are being massacred now in your village and you are here smiling?. Ok.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by redsun(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2009
Madness.People perishing for lack of common knowledge without knowing that only the truth shall set them free.

The bible is a practical living test,it is the story of illusions, of uncertainties,of brutality, of love,of hate,of bondage,of freedom,of ignorance,of quest ,of redemption,of glory,of self-destruction and most of all,of vanity.

There is nothing mysterious about religion,it.s about self-discovery and abilities to live with the endless mirage called life .Man is in no way different from common ants
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by StFunmi(f): 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2009
Bauchi boils: Soldiers parade streets • Churches, mosques burnt • Four dead, 30 injured - Curfew imposed
Ishola Michael, and Isaac Shobayo Bauchi
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Following a civil disturbance that almost turned religious in Morocco area of Bauchi metropolis which was said to have claimed four lives on Saturday, the Federal Government has directed the deployment of military personnel in major streets of the metropolis .

A scene of the Bauchi crisis.

The State Governor, Isa Yuguda has however expressed shock over the incidence describing it as most unfortunate. The Red Cross later confirmed four dead and 30 injured. An indefinite curfew has also been placed on the affected areas.

Reports had it that trouble started following the action of some youths who denied a sect of Moslems from observing the weekly Juma’at prayers due to what was said to be opposition to the siting of the said Mosque in the area while security report on the matter was alleged to have been ignored.

Another report had it that youths of the area sensing that there will be problem, rose in defense of their properties, a development which was said to have led to what was seen as reprisal attack. This was promptly doused however, by the few security operatives that were deployed to the area.

At about 11 p.m. on Friday some yet to be identified people were said to have set the Mosque in question ablaze, a development which was said to have also led to the torching of a part of the building of COCIN Church in the area at about 2.30 a.m. Saturday thereby escalating the situation beyond what the few security personnel could handle.

Sunday Tribune gathered that two people were burnt beyond recognition on the Railway road while a number of houses and cars were either torched or smashed including that of the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Babayo Garba Gamawa who was on his way to the area for on an-the-spot assessment.

While reacting to the incident, Bauchi State Governor, Isa Yuguda described it as politically motivated because, according to him, the people of the area have been living peacefully with one another over the years and so could not see the reason why they would take up arms against one another. He however called on the people affected to see reason and live harmoniously together.

Isa Yuguda in a statewide broadcast appealed for calm as, according to him, government has taken steps to protect lives and property of the people declaring that, already, the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, Umar Musa Yar’Adua has directed the immediate deployment of military personnel to the troubled area as well as other major streets of the metropolis in order to forestall the spreading of the crisis to other parts of the town. He declared that anyone caught to have had a hand in the crisis will be dealt with accordingly.

In their respective calls, the Bauchi State chapter of CAN through the Chairman, Musa Tula called on all Christians in the state to remain calm and continue to pray to God to avert future occurrence while also consoling all those who might have lost one thing or the other saying that they should leave everything to God as government, according to him, has assured that it will do everything possible to protect lives and properties of the people of the state.

On behalf of the Moslem Ummah, the Chief Imam of ATBU Juma’at Mosque, Idris Aliyu Ibrahim Pantami warned Moslems against rumour mongering, which he said, escalates such crisis reminding them also that the Islamic religion does not preach violence but tolerance and harmonious living with both Moslems and non-Moslems around them.

Also, the Chief Imam of Bauchi Central Mosque, Bala Baba Inna indicted the security agencies for ignoring what he described as rumour of an impending crisis because, according to him, “we have been hearing of something like this since last week and nothing was done to avert it. It is very unfortunate, we hope that Allah will put a stop to this in our state.”

The State Police Command PPRO, Mohammed Barau in a telephone interview confirmed the crisis but declined to reveal the number of deaths or persons injured saying that he with other superior officers have gone round to monitor the situation declaring that normalcy has returned while security surveillance has been beefed up across the state to avert reprisals.

As at the time of this report, many people both Christians and Moslems who fled their various homes were still taking refuge at the Shadawanka Army Barracks as well as other security places in Bauchi.

Meanwhile, following the outbreak of ethno-religious crisis in Bauchi State, security has been beefed up in Jos and its environs, even as the State Deputy Commissioner of Police declared that there was no plan to withdraw security men from the streets of Jos.

Sunday Tribune findings revealed that a combined team of the police and soldiers have continued to intensify patrol of the city and the checking of vehicles coming in and going out of the state capital over the development in neighbouring Bauchi State.

Speaking with journalists on Saturday, the State Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Adams Audu strongly condemned the insinuation making round that the police in conjunction with the police have concluded arrangement to withdraw from the streets of Jos by the end of this month.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/22/608.html
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by jamace(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2009
angry angry It is high time these security men closed their barracks gates to all religious crises escapees. Let them go fight and kill themselves untill none is left. Then we shall be free from religious fanatism in Nigeria. Other countries are fighting hunger and corruption, we are here fighting for some gods that we don't even know. Foolish people. angry angry
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by toneyb: 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2009
Why are nigerians fighting over imaginary gods? angry angry angry
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by aumar: 8:11pm On Feb 23, 2009
"And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. Holy Bible:Timothy (ch.5, v. 13)
I am a Muslim but i believe in the above words. Alot of the people that write on this forum i believe were Christians, even though am trying not to be bias but we must be modest in our contempt for the truth. Both Islam and Christianity never preached violence we all know that they are religions of peace. Mahatma Gandhi said and i quote “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” you cannot judge Islam by the attitude of the Muslims have in this contemporary time, if you want to know a true Muslim and his attitude read the holy qur'an, for He that easily believes rumors has the principle within him to augment rumors. It is strange to see the ravenous appetite with which some devourers of character and happiness fix upon the sides of the innocent and unfortunate.

Bauchi crisis as some peolple claimed did not start because of the approval the governor gave to the Christan Association of Nigeria (CAN)to build their headquarters Bauchi, rather it was just a little misunderstanding that erupted as a result of the long existed hostilities between the faithfuls of the two religion. More,
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by FBS: 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2009
Oh Dear Lord, help our country.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by osisi2(f): 2:37am On Feb 24, 2009
so Isa Yuhuda don return from his honeymoon with 4 wives
abi the others no follow am go?
while he was doing gymnastics with his "child bride" his almajiris are seeing to it that it's business as usual.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by jamace(m): 6:36am On Feb 24, 2009
"And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. Holy Bible:Timothy (ch.5, v. 13)
I am a Muslim but i believe in the above words. Alot of the people that write on this forum i believe were Christians, even though am trying not to be bias but we must be modest in our contempt for the truth. Both Islam and Christianity never preached violence we all know that they are religions of peace. Mahatma Gandhi said and i quote “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” you cannot judge Islam by the attitude of the Muslims have in this contemporary time, if you want to know a true Muslim and his attitude read the holy qur'an, for He that easily believes rumors has the principle within him to augment rumors. It is strange to see the ravenous appetite with which some devourers of character and happiness fix upon the sides of the innocent and unfortunate.

Bauchi crisis as some peolple claimed did not start because of the approval the governor gave to the Christan Association of Nigeria (CAN)to build their headquarters Bauchi, rather it was just a little misunderstanding that erupted as a result of the long existed hostilities between the faithfuls of the two religion. More,

what and who caused it then?

Based on your quote and comments above, I have no apology if I say that you a moslem fundamentalist and given the chance you will exterminate all christians and indeed all those who are not muslims from the face of the earth, not just Nigeria only. I will advise that you truely practise your religion by acknowledging the sanctity of God's creature by sparing people of other religions. Don't you know that every body has his own chi (god)? .
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by aumar: 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2009
jamace:

what and who caused it then?

Based on your quote and comments above, I have no apology if I say that you a moslem fundamentalist and given the chance you will exterminate all christians and indeed all those who are not muslims from the face of the earth, not just Nigeria only. I will advise that you truely practise your religion by acknowledging the sanctity of God's creature by sparing people of other religions. Don't you know that every body has his own chi (god)? .

Despite the fact that you called me a muslim fundamentalist i am glad you understand that islam never preach violence, but we should always be aware of individual perception to life, let me tell you a little story, i am from Bauchi state though born in ilorin and breed in kaduna, i came from a decent and well respected family, suprisingly, i have an aunty that is married to a pastor in one of the biggest churches in Nigeria, they are presently based in Kaduna, her mother which is also my grand mother is a christain, all of  her siblings, before i got married (November last year) we stayed in the same house with her brothers, infact we grew up togerther.  My dear friend Islam respect individual freedom, when the prophet was chased out of Mekka by his people, he migrated to Abesinia (Now Ethopia) and the king that accomodated him them was a christain.  the history of islam can never be complete without mentioning that history, we respect jesus christ as a prophet, mary as holy, the bible as a book of God revealed to Jesus, any muslim who does not believe in this is not even a muslim.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by spikedcylinder: 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2009
Why are you judging me?. I just want to offer prayers for the repose of their poor souls.  Thou shall not judge.

Funny, especially coming from you, Judgy McJudgerson. undecided
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by Afam4eva(m): 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2009
When will this Abokis grow up for God sake.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by aumar: 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2009
afam4eva:

When will this Abokis grow up for God sake.

My dear brother, the issue concerning religious crisis in northern Nigeria is much complicated, it is beyond the imaginations of my fellow Nigerians that lived in the southern part of this country. I have many reasons for saying so: Most of the time the people in the south are mis-informed, secondly, most of the time the problem is not just about religion its about ethnicity.
The problem is way back the history of Northern Nigeria and it is simply ethno crisis not religious as always claimed, Most of the tribe that lived within the Kaduna-Jos- and Bauchi axis are Mostly christains and they are the minority tribe in Bauchi and Kaduna state respectivily, but in the case of Jos they are the dominant tribes. The Kataf people in southern part of Kaduna state, The Biroms, Jarawa and Angas in plateau state, and Sayawa in only one local government (Bagoro LG) in Bauchi state. As i said they have been on dagger drawn for more than 30 years with the Hausas' which are the Majority tribe in Bauchi and Kaduna state, while they formed the minority in Plateau state. so when ever such violence occur they turned into religious crisis because the two parties are muslim and christain respectively. So in order to attract the attention of government the papatrators use religion as the only way to get sympathy.
You can not just rely on the Nigerian media to get to the real cause of this merhem, infact as i was writing this piece some body called me from Bauchi and it was reported in the media that the said area that this guy lived was burnt down to ashes but to my greatest suprise i learnt that nothing happen in that area.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2009
nigerians enjoy lying on real issues instead owning up to their shortcomings and tackling it head-on.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by strangleyo: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2009
If these fools cannot follow religion and behave, perhaps its time to ban public religious gatherings.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by ikeyman00(m): 7:38pm On Feb 24, 2009
Despite the fact that you called me a muslim fundamentalist i am glad you understand that islam never preach violence, but we should always be aware of individual perception to life, let me tell you a little story, i am from Bauchi state though born in ilorin and breed in kaduna, i came from a decent and well respected family, suprisingly, i have an aunty that is married to a pastor in one of the biggest churches in Nigeria, they are presently based in Kaduna, her mother which is also my grand mother is a christain, all of  her siblings, before i got married (November last year) we stayed in the same house with her brothers, infact we grew up togerther.  My dear friend Islam respect individual freedom, when the prophet was chased out of Mekka by his people, he migrated to Abesinia (Now Ethopia) and the king that accomodated him them was a christain.  the history of islam can never be complete without mentioning that history, we respect jesus christ as a prophet, mary as holy, the bible as a book of God revealed to Jesus, any muslim who does not believe in this is not even a muslim.

this is a usually ringer to those aboki-vampires!

well well welll in the year 2009 i think emm those political mumus and northern vampires poses lethal threat to nigeria; hey dnt talk on niger-delta; they not vampire ! are they?

lets face the fact, when will those vampire desist from  their ills for good! yes islam is alway for peace?

let me tell u the difference between u vampires of the north and we the civil-people of the south? yes we got issues, but we barely go on burning churches or mosque and killing damn i got 99 problem with yall that just anit meant for the planet i swear.

funi enough this has a sequence, at every now and then, the vampire-aboki-malam need blood!

NONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENSE!!!
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by aumar: 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2009
strangleyo:

If these fools cannot follow religion and behave, perhaps its time to ban public religious gatherings.

Well i quite agree with you, But how do you think this gona work, you know black man and religion
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by aumar: 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2009
ikeyman00:

this is a usually ringer to those aboki-vampires!

well well welll in the year 2009 i think emm those political mumus and northern vampires poses lethal threat to nigeria; hey dnt talk on niger-delta; they not vampire ! are they?

lets face the fact, when will those vampire desist from their ills for good! yes islam is alway for peace?

let me tell u the difference between u vampires of the north and we the civil-people of the south? yes we got issues, but we barely go on burning churches or mosque and killing damn i got 99 problem with yall that just anit meant for the planet i swear.

funi enough this has a sequence, at every now and then, the vampire-aboki-malam need blood!

NONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENSE!!!

I thought you are matured but it pains me to know that you are just a fool in disguise, My problem with your sort is you never go to the four walls of a class room, sorry i served in Brass Local government, in Bayalsa state, so you can not tell me who a vampire is am the one to tell you who a vampire is, PLEASE!!!!!!!! Go to school and learn how to talk to your forefathers, Because you are flabagasted and overwhelm by your responses, FOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, IIIIDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT1
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by ikeyman00(m): 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2009
amur

I thought you are matured but it pains me to know that you are just a fool in disguise,  My problem with your sort is you never go to the four walls of a class room, sorry i served in Brass Local government, in Bayalsa state, so you can not tell me who a vampire is am the one to tell you who a vampire is,  PLEASE!!!!!!!! Go to school and learn how to talk to your forefathers, Because you are flabagasted and overwhelm by your responses,  FOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, IIIIDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT1

i think u mistaking me for ur northern kinds!

big big waste of nigerian space!

fools AND idiaaaaaaaaaaaaats!

nonesense

sorri i emm the truth turns out uncomfortable sir.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by SeanT21(f): 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2009
Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria is the only country on earth with Muslims and Christians!!
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by MrCrackles(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2009
It is a shame, i am sick and tired of all this religious crisis!

Other countries are multi religious and they live in peace and harmony!!
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by ikeyman00(m): 10:38pm On Feb 24, 2009
the truth is the right people that should be speakin out as always aint no way to be seen. it all good amur comin in here to talk on respect while at the same time vampires in the north steadily and repeatedily butchers people in the north on whatever reason that might be

listen sir it high time people like IBB, yaradua and his wife lipsrsealed, Buhari, emirs, sultan etc comes out, speak out and condem these ills imbeded in ur history northern harry-potter

fact are fact! northern got their issues, the southern nigeria got their own issue but the difference here, is we dnt have vampires, we dnt go on consistent killing, we dnt burn churches

if anyone disrespect Nigeria, i think its the northern vampires in the name of islam opppppp? not me since 1960 till now
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by adconline(m): 5:21am On Feb 25, 2009
Aumur
@
My dear brother, the issue concerning religious crisis in northern Nigeria is much complicated, it is beyond the imaginations of my fellow Nigerians that lived in the southern part of this country. I have many reasons for saying so:  Most of the time the people in the south are mis-informed, secondly, most of the time the problem is not just about religion its about ethnicity.The problem is way back the history of Northern Nigeria and it is simply ethno crisis not religious as always claimed,  Most of the tribe that lived within the Kaduna-Jos- and Bauchi axis are Mostly christains and they are the minority tribe in Bauchi and Kaduna state respectivily, but in the case of Jos they are the dominant tribes. The Kataf people in southern part of Kaduna state, The Biroms,  Jarawa and Angas in plateau state,  and Sayawa in only one local government (Bagoro LG) in Bauchi state. As i said they have been on dagger drawn for more than 30 years with the Hausas' which are the Majority tribe in Bauchi and Kaduna state, while they formed the minority in Plateau state. so when ever such violence occur they turned into religious crisis because the two parties are muslim and christain respectively. So in order to attract the attention of government the papatrators use religion as the only way to get sympathy.
You can not just rely on the Nigerian media to get to the real cause of this merhem, infact as i was writing this piece some body called me from Bauchi and it was reported in the media that the said area that this guy lived was burnt down to ashes but to my greatest suprise i learnt that nothing happen in that area.

You keep avoiding these issues like some of your foes in the north. How many times have Southerners killed northerners in the name of religion? If this is rooted in ethnicity as you claim- is the north waging a war against anybody who is not of their tribe/religion? Is it the North that is uninformed or South? Why does South get blamed for evils unleashed on them by northerners?
As per your folks marrying outside your faith- this is a welcome development, but how many of these blood suckers would have such a liberal mindset? Also knowing someone who is of different ethnicity or religion does not make one less bigoted. US Senator Strum Thurmon- a famous Segregationist /bigot had a black child outside wedlock and campaigned for years to keep blacks from integration. Pastor Ted Haggard vilified Gays but always solicited for sex from Gay prostitutes.
Let me see Islam in action. Not just being preached as a religion of peace without an iota of track record to back it up.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by udezue(m): 5:26am On Feb 25, 2009
Moronic Hausa ppl and their barbarism.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by jamace(m): 5:33am On Feb 25, 2009
You keep avoiding these issues like some of your foes in the north. How many times have Southerners killed northerners in the name of religion? If this is rooted in ethnicity as you claim- is the north waging a war against anybody who is not of their tribe/religion? Is it the North that is uninformed or South? Why does South get blamed for evils unleashed on them by northerners?
As per your folks marrying outside your faith- this is a welcome development, but how many of these blood suckers would have such a liberal mindset? Also knowing someone who is of different ethnicity or religion does not make less bigoted. US Senator Strum Thurmon- a famous Segregationist /bigot had a black child outside wedlock and campaigned for years to keep blacks from integration. Pastor Ted Haggard vilified Gays but always solicited for sex from Gay prostitutes.
Let me see Islam in action. Not just being preached as religion of peace without an iota of track record to back it up.

Supported. Let us see Islam in action. Not just being preached as religion of peace without an iota of track record to back it up. Enough of shedding of innocent blood in the name of religion! angry
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by superboi(m): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2009
Most of the tribe that lived within the Kaduna-Jos- and Bauchi axis are Mostly christains and they are the minority tribe in Bauchi and Kaduna state respectivily, but in the case of Jos they are the dominant tribes. The Kataf people in southern part of Kaduna state, The Biroms
auwar where did u learn ur history from? even in zaria city most of the people that claim to be indigene have thier root from the north eastern parts of nigeria and came there because of the railway and cotton. i am a geographer who studied in zaria and for you to come and tell us here that kaduna is predominatly hausa is bullshit!!!. anywhere south of zangon-aya is not original hausa land, please if you can read go read ya history well before you come here to distort things.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by otokx(m): 11:06am On Feb 25, 2009
i hear the carnage is still going on
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by PurestBoy(m): 12:15pm On Feb 25, 2009
This Hausa people self. I have good moslem friends and it's time we understood that , Infact I don't know what to say cus I don't want to start argument or someone to insult me now
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by otokx(m): 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2009
its actually very annoying, but i keep saying that everybody should go and stay in his tents. No amount of millions will tempt me to relocate up north cos one na one day you wake up and start running for the nearest barracks with all your property going up in flames.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by sundayorg: 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2009
So what is the president of Nigeria doing about this crisis that is trooping the Country?

http://www.sunyonlineaffiliate..com
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by oge4real(f): 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2009
another crisis= another panel of enquiry= more money for some people.what a shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Bank Job: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "Honoured" / PDP NEC Passes Vote Of Confidence On Secondus-led NWC / Protest Has Erupted In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.