Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,984 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Bauchi Religious Crisis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Religious Crisis (7812 Views)

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria / Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by fingard02k(m): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2009
I HATE NORTH AND ITS PEOPLE AND EVERY THING IN IT.I WILL NEVER EVER GO TO NORTH IN MY WHOLE LIFE.THIS CRISIS IS NOT ABOUT ANY RELIGION LETS NOT DECIEVE OUR SELFS.THE PEOPLE THEY (HAUSAS) ARE FIGHING ARE THE IGBOS THATS THE WHOLE TRUTH.HAS ANY OF CRISIS IN NIGERIA BEING STARTED BY IGBOS OR IN THE SOUTH EAST? WHY ALWAYS IN THE NORTH? DO WE (IGBOS) KILL THEM (HAUSAS) LIKE THAT? THATS WHY I SAID I HATE THEM "NORTH" (HAUSAS)
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by fingard02k(m): 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2009
I HATE NORTH AND ITS PEOPLE AND EVERY THING IN IT.I WILL NEVER EVER GO TO NORTH IN MY WHOLE LIFE.THIS CRISIS IS NOT ABOUT ANY RELIGION LETS NOT DECIEVE OUR SELFS.THE PEOPLE THEY (HAUSAS) ARE FIGHING ARE THE IGBOS THATS THE WHOLE TRUTH.HAS ANY OF CRISIS IN NIGERIA BEING STARTED BY IGBOS OR IN THE SOUTH EAST? WHY ALWAYS IN THE NORTH? DO WE (IGBOS) KILL THEM (HAUSAS) LIKE THAT? THATS WHY I SAID I HATE THEM "NORTH" (HAUSAS)
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by tamme: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2009
Thousands displaced after Nigeria riots: police
17 hours ago

BAUCHI, Nigeria (AFP) — At least 4,500 people have been displaced by sectarian violence in the northern Nigerian city of Bauchi which left 11 dead and 100 hospitalised, police said Tuesday.

"About 4,500 people have been displaced and they have been camped at two army barracks in the city", Bauchi police commissioner Adanaya Tallman Gaya told AFP after rioting between Muslims and Christians began on Saturday.

"We have recorded 11 deaths and 100 casualties in the two-day violence and our men have succeeded in making 30 arrests in connection with the disturbance", Gaya said.

The city was calm but tense on Tuesday. Troops were deployed there and seven neighbourhoods affected by the violence were under dusk-to-dawn curfew.

"The curfew is still in force, it will only be lifted when normalcy is fully restored and anybody who defies it will certainly be apprehended and prosecuted", Gaya said.

Over 200 houses, six churches and three mosques were torched, according to Bauchi Red Cross secretary Adamu Abubakar.

"We have been providing food items to the displaced but our tent supplies have been exhausted and many of the displaced sleep in the open," Abubakar said at the Shadawanka barracks where 3,000 people were sheltered.

"I'm still apprehensive and afraid to go back to my house because the situation is still tense and I can't risk my life and that of my family," said Yohanna Moses who fled to the barracks from his home.

Muslim youths went on a rampage Saturday, attacking Christians and burning churches. They said their acts were reprisals for the burning of two mosques overnight in the state capital Bauchi.

Tensions have risen in Bauchi, a city of four million, since February 13 when Pentecostal Christians barricaded a pathway used by Muslims attending Friday prayers at a nearby mosque, residents said.

Bauchi suffered bloody sectarian strife in 2004 when Muslim-Christian violence in the town of Tafawa Balewa, some 100 kilometres (62 miles) away, spilled over to the city, and houses, mosques and churches were burnt.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by osites(m): 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2009
HMMMM Nigeria is on a path to self destruction.

What kind of country do we live in when a simple sneeze from the opposite religion can trigger a bloodbath.

@ shadoww, its also a pity that people like you fail to enlighten themselves on certain issues before voicing out opinions. i would suggest you learn to respect you hausa friends (and products). such comments and insinuations are what fuel these riots and hundreds die from boistrous comments like yours.

@ fingard02k, i am also an igbo man but i have lived in the north and to be honest with you if not for these riots the north is far better than the west,south,
why you ask me in awe.well for the simple reason that on a normal day they are more trustworthy, truthfull and more transparent.

now u guys should not get me wrong I AM AGAINST ANY FORM OF RELIGIOUS VIOLENCE AND DONT SUPPORT WHAT IS GOING ON IN BAUCHI, JOS OR ANY OTHER NORTHAN STATE.

these riots start from missinformation and usually escalate and are fuelled by ignorant youths who follow the instructions of their equally ignorant immams

the cause of the riot in bauchi started a week before the actual fracas and the first blow was dealt by a church,yes a church.shocking but we also have to look among ourselves

any religious riot is wrong in nigeria and its getting trendy now because we are all intolerant and need to sort our differences out before it can stop

agreed the north has the highest concentration of illiterates and their religion to me promotes this behviour but there is a thin line between illiteracy and violence.

the morale of the story here is we all need to understand ourselves before we can initiate any measure to stop this unjust violence against us christians.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by cvibe: 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2009
Another one again?
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by PurestBoy(m): 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2009
cvibe:

Another one again?

And still counting except we got divided from those hausa people so that they can stand as a nation and butcher themselves. Don't they have Hausas in the East? How many of them have been butchered?
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2009
Father! Save us!! My people perish
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by PurestBoy(m): 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2009
brein:

Father! Save us!! My people perish

Amen
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by otokx(m): 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2009
too bad
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by Adaeze1(f): 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2009
Is it possible to seperate politics from all the atrocities that is currently going on in that great nation Nigeria? Is is not likely that the reason why all this is going on is people not being able to make up their own minds? Could it be that a little education is all that is needed for people to look into their hearts and find that place where it is written in all our consciences " Blood is sacred"?

I am not islamophobic, never have been, never will be. I look at the Queen of Jordan and the Saudi Arabian princes and such, (I admire them, the queen has a sharp mind) and then i compare them with our own 'turaya'  Yar'adua who only knows how to orchestrate marriages and globe trot in place of her nearly invalid husband,  I also compare them with our own politicians who see Nigeria as a board game,  (not a chess game, cos they don't have half a brain to play chess). It all makes me wonder,  could it all be the resultant effect of poverty, idleness, a lack of motivation, sheer wickedness, a combination of all or some,

I conclude, though scant my evidence might be,  poverty, ignorance, idleness and religion is a bad combination. In Nigeria, there's a small twist to this,  This combination is no less hazardous in Nigeria. However, where this religion is Islam and the country is a lawless one such as Nigeria, it is the worst combination ever. The Lord Resistance Army in Uganda is also a religious rebel group-claims to be christian and is responsible for deaths and displacements, more than what is happening in Nigeria now. This little detail is just for me to maintain a balance and reiterate that I am not Islamophobic.

Government should deal with poverty, illiteracy, unemployment,  and stop this nonsense before some country barges in on us and declares us a failed state and starts drilling our oil before our very eyes,

Then again, what a stupid government we have,  though the country is so full of the best and the brightest,  some of whom are on nairaland,

sad cry
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by xpagnol: 3:32am On Feb 27, 2009
Believe it or not, all these their incessant religious crises will finally send
everybody to his tent before the year 2015. I mean politically,econonically, religiously and otherwise.
those guys are african vampires.

my question is , don't we have muslems in other parts of africa who are blood thirsty like
these their nigerian counterparts?, i need a reply
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by PurestBoy(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2009
xpagnol:

Believe it or not, all these their incessant religious crises will finally send
everybody to his tent before the year 2015. I mean politically,econonically, religiously and otherwise.
those guys are african vampires.

my question is , don't we have muslems in other parts of africa who are blood thirsty like
these their nigerian counterparts?, i need a reply

Abi o, na only Nigerian northern muslims dey zealot pass
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by kechiwam: 8:37pm On Feb 27, 2009
so scary!!! was posted to Bauchi for NYSC and i'm to leave on Monday. I'm seriously praying for my life.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by Seun(m): 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2009
I don't believe I actually have to say this, but don't go there. Thanks.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by StFunmi(f): 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2009
so scary!!! was posted to Bauchi for NYSC and i'm to leave on Monday. I'm seriously praying for my life.
You can as well commit suicide in your home.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by otokx(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2009
this nysc should be modified and people posted within their states thats if it cannot be scrapped all together.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by AMIGO112(m): 9:32am On Feb 28, 2009
NYSC ko DKNY ni!! Wo! If you were posted to any of these volatile states my advice is to chill in your papa's house.
When you hear religious crisis you think its a small thing but i have seen it 1st hand and it is 100 folds worse than what you read or pictures you see. I say this cos you are worse off if anything happens (God forbid sha) bearing in mind you don't know the city too well. I dont advice anyone to risk his/her life for this NYSC crap, its not as if they pay well, so please don't go where you are not welcome.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by asha80(m): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2009

shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2009
Seun:

I don't believe I actually have to say this, but don't go there. Thanks.

As a "one nigerian", no matter where you are posted, exempting yourself from serving the giant of africa is unpatriotic and criminal in some cases.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by shilling(f): 10:14am On Feb 28, 2009
This is really sad. I lived in BH for over 15 yrs, it's such a beautiful city. But, I wouldn't advise anyone to go to BH for NYSC. There are corpers from all over Nigeria there, but why would you go to a place where you'll have to sleep with one eye open because of the frequent religious crisis, or rumours of upcoming religious crisis. Don't do it.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by fesse(f): 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2009

@St.funmi
pourquoi vous etes tres diabolic? je vous demande, vous n'etes pas une Nigerinne? Votre reponses sont terribles. angry angry

It is ignorance that is making Nigerians to fight over religion. Both Christians and Muslims should learn how to live in peace and harmony with each other. We are all serving one LIVING God. It is only our method of serving and worshiping HIM differs. I seen no reason why we should be be killing ourselves for nothing. Live and let Live. Nigeria is one and WE have to learn how to accomodate one another irrespective of tounge, religion and ethnicity.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by FBS: 12:30pm On Mar 03, 2009
Nigeria is NOT one.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by TUNDAY2000: 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2009
Very sad indeed.But why the wanton killing and destruction of lives and property one may be tempted to ask.Past governments have handled past cases of this dastardly and inhume act with kid glove and allowing the perpetrators to go unpunished.But the wicked shall not go unpunished in the sight of God.One day the blood of the innocents will begin to cry out for vengence.Are the leaders not aware?Where are the security agents?A coup in the making will be nipped in the bud but not a religious crises.It is high time everybody rises to defend him/herslf.

In the southern and western part of the coun try how many times in the last two decades have we heard of such a carnage?We live peacefully together as brothers and sisters and that is why these part of the country is making meaningful progress in every endeavors of life.What has the north contributed?a bloody shed and destruction of lives and property.One day reprisal attacks will be the way out. Have they forgotten the Kano riot of 1991 and the comment of IBB? Let the government of the day take heed to the godly counsel of the PFN president. A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by benzino007(m): 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2009
Bauchi again? It's only God that know when this will ever end in Bauchi cos b4 u knw it it will start affecting students academic calender in higher instituitions there!
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by PurestBoy(m): 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2009
I don't pray to be posted there sha
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by manuelo130: 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2009
FOLLOWERS OF MOHAMMED HAVE TRIED SO HARD TO VILIFY ISLAM AND I THINK THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED 99.8%.
I FEEL NOTHING BUT PITY FOR THE MODERATE MUSLIMS ALL OVER THE WORLD WHO SHOUT THEMSELVES HOARSE IN DEFENCE OF THE TOLERANT AND PEACEFUL BRAND OF ISLAM AND AT THE SAME TIME MORE PITY FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD WHO CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW ISLAM HAS BROUGHT SO MUCH PAINS TO THE REST OF US.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by Luvsmi: 2:09pm On Mar 05, 2009
Nigeria is one. There is barely any Nation without its own troubles, and Nigeria isn't an exception.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by obinna79: 1:15am On Mar 06, 2009
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by udezue(m): 1:41am On Mar 06, 2009
They should simply hand out automatic guns and blast these desert rats where they are found.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by ugwunta: 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2009
What makes the muslims feel that they have monopoly to violence. I believe that muslims should given a country like Pakistan where they can be killing themselve and be practising terrorism and sucide bombing like their brothers in the Middle East. They behave and reason like animals and most surprising even the educated ones.
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by namteya: 10:43pm On Sep 18, 2009
If you dont buy meat from the north, then you will all have to bloody well turn into vegetarians! Talisman or whatever you say the cows are fed with, you will have to make do with the meat, you sadly have no option!!! grin grin grin
Re: Bauchi Religious Crisis by udezue(m): 1:46am On Sep 19, 2009
Na only North get meat? What rubbish. I'll rather be a vegetarian then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Becomerich! / House Of Reps Okays Islamic (non-interest) Banking / Violence In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.