Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,379 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI (45530 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion / List Of Countries By Electricity Production, See Nigeria As At 2011. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by hansad: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
princejayboss:

Tell me one Good the northern oligarch has done for the region or even the nation.... Can you compare the north and the SE on development?

By infrastructure, north is hundred times more developed than Southeast and Southsouth.

Infrastructure in Kaduna or Kano alone surpasses what infrastructure that exists in the entire southeast.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Dollyak(f): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
missKiffy:
I have a dream that one day, Nigeria will be in the first five
Do you know what it takes to be in the top 5? Based on our population, you will need insane gdp(estimate at least $5trill) to get there.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by hansad: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
princejayboss:

Lie .... Am a nuclear physicist .... I can tell you the GEJ did alot in that aspect but it was not his call .... Speaking about scientists we have more than enough.... I had my basic university in Nigeria ESUTECH... During my study year we are very few but 40% of us went abroad for Masters and doctorate degree ... Now I know about 7 of us who are Gods in different Nuclear facilities around the world ... am not speaking of FUTO or FUTA and other university in Nigeria.

During my study and journey... In Japan I meet 11 Nigerian who can make wonders with the rods... 4 are Yoruba , two benin guys and others are Igbos... I don't speak of the head of one classified reach technology in Russia that is Nija ... I met another 3 in Mexico.. infact the scientists is not the issue though I don't its easy to lure them home considering that they are treated like God by the government that now owns us, the issue is that we are not ready for such advancement cos we can't protect it

The people who oppose it ... Does so because of the fear of what harm it may cause if there is leak or damages....

It will take Japan 40years to clean the mess caused by the typhoon

Masser sir, for safety sake, how about having Nigeria's nuclear facilities for electricity supply somewhere in the Atlantic ocean?
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by kabnafs(m): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
This ppl ve made a big mistake.nigeria should b around number 304 and not 152

1 Like

Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by missKiffy(f): 4:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
wtfCode:

unless its when it will be divided.
A country without unity will never develop.
Move along biafrian undecided

1 Like

Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Ilekeh(f): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
US does not deserve#5, drop that ass back to #60.

Thank you.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Ilekeh(f): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
cyberdurable:
see the Mess this Useless Daura President have gotten us into, I am beginning to suspect this Dullard meant Negative Change for us, because all I see is Negativity, Bombings, Accidents, Fire outbreaks, Buhari why Daura President why?? is barely few weeks, and we are Tired of ur Govt, should I talk on the disgraceful speech u made on channels TV few days ago? Chaiiiii There is God oooo!
this country u are Rubbishing b4 d world..there is God ooooo

Ediot who has been your president for the past 6 years?

You must be Igbo. Reasoning is not your forte.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Gwan2(m): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
TO be born an Englishman is to win first prize in the lottery of life.........CECIL RHODES
The statement above seem very very true.

2 Likes

Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Ilekeh(f): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
GEJ really messed up this country.

Nigeria, as an oil nation, shouldn't be anything less than #50. Such a shame.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by cyberdurable(m): 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
hifaif:

It is not all tragedies that get to forums or newspaper pages. Do you even know the number of tragedies that might have happened today on our roads. A bike accident, a car accident, suicide, etc, etc.

We are saying samething, you are sounding more like the Media is more alert @ buhari's administration more than Gej, we judge according to the one we get to see or read
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by cyberdurable(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ilekeh:

Ediot who has been your president for the past 6 years?
You must be Igbo. Reasoning is not your forte.
Mumu who called u? Dullard
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Ilekeh(f): 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
cyberdurable:

Mumu who called u? Dullard

Your father. To reason your case.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
cyberdurable:

We are saying samething, you are sounding more like the Media is more alert @ buhari's administration more than Gej, we judge according to the one we get to see or read

I know for certain one man's bad luck cannot be responsible for rise in tragedies in a whole country. And I am also certain that there were just as much tragedies in GEJ's earliest days as these ones. People die everyday, naturally or by other circumstances (that includes accident). The FRSC can give us credible statistics on the number of accidents that happened on the day GEJ was sworn in. You might be surprised by the number.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by quiet006storm: 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
Here's something to make you laugh for the weekend. http://bolanlesnuptialtales..com/2015/06/caption-this.html
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ilekeh:

Actually, I am not surprised Nigeria as an oil nation is at the position where it is.

(And while I am not fond of the PDP or GEJ it isn't entirely their fault).

You see....all the top 20 nations have one thing in common. Strong industrial and scientific sectors....and the education sector to back it up.

Nigeria...on the other hand....sells oil and uses the money to import.So....why should we manufacture anything...when we can import it.

This has a bad effect on our industrial sector....because we are importing everything...including things we are capable of making (Like biscuits....Digestive biscuit is easily available everywhere in Nigeria today. Twenty five years ago.....you would never ever see Digestive except in very few upmarket supermarkets). This stifles industrial growth...meaning no jobs.

And our education sector becomes one that produces paper pushers...not innovators...because no industries means no jobs...means educaiton is worthless (which is why we have problems like Boko Haram and half baked graduates....what's the use of spending all that money for school...and there is no job at the end? Except office job?...which are scarce btw?).

Yes....PDP did not do well..but then again, Nigerians need to tell our leaders to focus more on making us an industrial society....not an oil dependent society. And it starts with states focusing more on education, and on fixing the lights and the transport infrastructure.(Not just building roads).....so that we can stop fooling ourselves with oil.

3 Likes

Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by cyberdurable(m): 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ilekeh:

Your father. To reason your case.

E pain you? grin

Is there no Light in ur area? Hug ur transformer with wet Hands n body... buhari is a dullard, If e pain you, Go call police... Anu ofia
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by cyberdurable(m): 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
hifaif:

I know for certain one man's bad luck cannot be responsible for rise in tragedies in a whole country. And I am also certain that there were just as much tragedies in GEJ's earliest days as these ones. People die everyday, naturally or by other circumstances (that includes accident). The FRSC can give us credible statistics on the number of accidents that happened on the day GEJ was sworn in. You might be surprised by the number.

anyhow Anyway, that doesn't stop Buhari from being A dullard, a man who goes chasing Rats while his House Burn....
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Daykoozy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
missKiffy:
I have a dream that one day, Nigeria will be in the first five
Dream on dreamer. Maybe once we cleanse half of the population.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
cyberdurable:

anyhow Anyway, that doesn't stop Buhari from being A dullard, a man who goes chasing Rats while his House Burn....

Baba is a million times wiser than the Jesus of Otuoke. Just watch and see how things go. Too early to criticize a man that inherited so much mess from a political simpleton.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by cyberdurable(m): 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
hifaif:

Baba is a million times wiser than the Jesus of Otuoke. Just watch and see how things go. Too early to criticize a man that inherited so much mess from a political simpleton.

so opposite of a Dullard is a Wiseman? u seem to share same traits with your Baba... and who even mentioned GEJ? I said Buhari is a dullard and that ends it :|
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Bifwoli: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ilekeh:

Do you even understand the meaning of the "H" in HDI index ranking?(its got nothing to do with oil) The HDI is human development index but some backward northerners say education is haram thereby dragging Nigeria's score down.

Did GEJ force that backward and twisted ideology on them or is it self inflicted? THINK,THINK ,THINK.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by redsun(m): 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
Gwan2:

TO be born an Englishman is to win first prize in the lottery of life.........CECIL RHODES
The statement above seem very very true.

Not anymore. The everyday English are going through hard time at the moment,some are literally starving.

It very hopeful and inspiring to be a deprived African,but quite depressing and suicidal to be a deprived English. It is like a road to knowhere.
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Ilekeh(f): 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
Bifwoli:

Do you even understand the meaning of the "H" in HDI index ranking?(its got nothing to do with oil) The HDI is human development index but some backward northerners say education is haram thereby dragging Nigeria's score down.

Did GEJ force that backward and twisted ideology on them or is it self inflicted? THINK,THINK ,THINK.

What contributes to Human development?
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Ilekeh(f): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
cyberdurable:

E pain you? grin

Is there no Light in ur area? Hug ur transformer with wet Hands n body... buhari is a dullard, If e pain you, Go call police... Anu ofia

You asked a question and I answered. Is this how you talk to your teacher?

Who was your president for the past 6 years?
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Ilekeh(f): 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Actually, I am not surprised Nigeria as an oil nation is at the position where it is.

(And while I am not fond of the PDP or GEJ it isn't entirely their fault).

You see....all the top 20 nations have one thing in common. Strong industrial and scientific sectors....and the education sector to back it up.

Nigeria...on the other hand....sells oil and uses the money to import.So....why should we manufacture anything...when we can import it.

This has a bad effect on our industrial sector....because we are importing everything...including things we are capable of making (Like biscuits....Digestive biscuit is easily available everywhere in Nigeria today. Twenty five years ago.....you would never ever see Digestive except in very few upmarket supermarkets). This stifles industrial growth...meaning no jobs.

And our education sector becomes one that produces paper pushers...not innovators...because no industries means no jobs...means educaiton is worthless (which is why we have problems like Boko Haram and half baked graduates....what's the use of spending all that money for school...and there is no job at the end? Except office job?...which are scarce btw?).

Yes....PDP did not do well..but then again, Nigerians need to tell our leaders to focus more on making us an industrial society....not an oil dependent society. And it starts with states focusing more on education, and on fixing the lights and the transport infrastructure.(Not just building roads).....so that we can stop fooling ourselves with oil.

I agree. But oil, money and education development aren't mutually exclusive.
Do we have ministers that present stats such as HDI to our politicians?
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Junipero: 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
All hail Deutschland!!!!
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by WASMOG(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
caprini1:
come and chop lalasticlala ,food don done grin
pls be serious
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by subbieD(f): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ehhhhhhh mogbe o shocked.....Na Nigeria be that
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by simdam500(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
Omg!!!... "a low human development" so sad
Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by Bifwoli: 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ilekeh:

What contributes to Human development?
Its not money if that's what you're trying to misguidedly lead us to conclude.

Its takes focus,diligence,a work ethic ,open minded approach and a culture of learning+ adapting.Yes,money plays a role but not nearly as much a contributing factor as human culture which makes all the difference.

Sweden,Japan and Singapore don't have a lick of oil on their lands but their mental fortitude has made all the difference thereby leaving Nigeria far behind with its billions of barrels of cursed oil dependency.

3 Likes

Re: Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI by caprini1: 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
WASMOG:
pls be serious
and who told u am not serious!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Dino Melaye Mother's Burial / Abdullahi Usman, Zakzaky's Driver Killed By Robbers, Buried (Photos) / Unknown Gunmen Kill 7 Persons In Ebonyi State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.