Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside (10394 Views)

When The Man You Are About To Marry Is Wanted By Efcc(photo) / (pic) I'm Dying...... Pls Help Me Out / See What The Woman I Want To Marry Is Doing To Me Cuz Of House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2009
I finally meet a girl i want to marry and i she's SS.
Dnt knw what to do. I'm AA, but i'm scared of losing her in future.
It took me years to get a girl i like and want to be with. She is discouraging me from marrying her.
My friends and family are divided on the matter. 50% says i should go on, another 50% don't encourage it.
Pleasew any advice? I'm dying inside.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2009
Well, SS ain't the end of the world.
Use T-Boz and Prodigy of Mobb Deep as examples.
All the best man.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Cactus(m): 9:18pm On Feb 22, 2009
If you truly want to marry her, you have three options.

1. Marry her and have kids with her

2. Marry her and adopt kids

3. Marry her and dont have kids

If you truly love her, also listen to her request. If you suggest any of these 3 to her and she doesnt accept, And she keeps on insisting that you should not marry, well take her suggestion into consideration. It might be painful but do not force her to do what she doesnt want to do.

Good luck.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2009
Wouldn't tell you what choice to take.but know that if you're to marry her you should make sure you're capable of protecting her.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Moyola(f): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2009
Eyah!! embarassed

IMO, marry her. . . . your kids wuld prolly b AS, AS n dhat ain too bad. . . .abi? undecided
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Treetop20(m): 12:02am On Feb 23, 2009
lol
talk about contradiction
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Czarskit(m): 12:59am On Feb 23, 2009
AA+SS=AS AS AS AS (Can marry)
AA+AS=AA AS AA AS (Can marry)
AA+AA=AA AA AA AA (Best)
AS+AS=AA AS AS SS (If loff catch 'em, they can marry)

I hope this solves d beef & chicken between bluekid & crazydiva.

@ op

U r free 2 marry d lady u loff!

2 Likes

Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Grizzly(m): 1:00am On Feb 23, 2009
Look here mr poster,
Its obvious ur kids arent gon have any problems cos they'd be AS,
But ur wife,
Look at it this way,
Ur wife (or wife to be) is a sickler. It could lead to complications in the future.
Healthy kids and an ailing wife.
She could even die during childbirth.
I'm not giving u any advice in order not to incure the wrath of the volatile ones here,
rada, i'm laying bare the facts to you and lettin u decide for urself.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Czarskit(m): 1:01am On Feb 23, 2009
Good job Grizzly! cool
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Ben13: 10:52am On Feb 24, 2009
ok
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2009
Thanks for the response. too bad my tread was turned upside down.this is a serious issue for me. can the mod plz lock this thread. i'm going to open a part 2. I need serious advice, no fights in that one please.
By the way, i'm still dying inside.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Ben13: 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
but you love life undecided
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2009
Aqva,
U'r beloved thread has been cleaned.
Thank God for insecticides. tongue

Marry ur gal and have a ball wink
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Grizzly(m): 5:27pm On Feb 24, 2009
Blue diva,
Aprendan a respetar a las personas. Ok?
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 24, 2009
Grizzly
Whats ur problem?
chevre !! tongue
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by amstel(f): 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2009
will you still go marry her if she's not SS but diabetic,asthmatic,epileptic?
What happened to love?
if you love her,marry her.
i read in the papers lately of a 70 something year old nigerian woman who's SS married to a Medical doctor who wasn't SS and the man is late.
She said she's still alive 'cos of the love and care her husband showed her.
Even after marriage,people develop ailments worse than SS.
God forbid,if you marry AA whey con get breast cancer after 2years nko?
marry her if you love her.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by realcele: 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2009
There is nothing wrong with marrying her but dont turn her into superwoman when you eventually marry. If you dont stress her too much as most men stress women or women stress themselves over marital issues then it will be good for her. SS is just a condition is not deadly if catered for properly.

Don't be too scared to marry her as a wife but as Mrs slave you may be putting yourslef into lots of issues latter. I dont know her level of
SS but most will have occasionaly period of pain and this is normally reduced if they dont overdue things.

Follow your heart if you really love her but remember as a nigerian is road less travelled.

If you want her to live really long naturally then dont over stress her. If you are going to be a baby father factory then u might rethink again. I know SS with less stress have 3 kids so if you have this as the max kid you want ( that is if you are a monogamy at heart anyway). Then go for it so many things happen you can marry AA and other things can go wrong along the way.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by eiete(f): 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2009
All this is starting to piss me off.

All these questions on wheather or not to marry them is becoming something else.

People who are AS and SS, don't they also deserve to be happy, don't they deserve to be
loved aswell?

Why punish them for circumstances that are no fault of theirs.

She has done the right thing by leting you know of her genotype so now you guys
need to sit down and discuse the issue like adults, and come up with the next plan
of action. At the end of the day the discision is left to both of you as it's your lives
and no nairalander or your parents can live it for you.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by niyyie(m): 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2009
Woman beats sickle cell anaemia, clocks 84
Published: Saturday, 31 Jan 2009

If the wonders of the world were seven, hers should be the eighth. Alhaja Ashiata Aduke Onikoyi-Laguda has defied the permutations of medical science and lived with sickle cell anaemia for 83 years!

Source: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200901312501543
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by agaba123(m): 11:36pm On Feb 24, 2009
If you are AA you have no much problem if she does not have frequent crisis.

You can only have AS AS kids
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by cabali(m): 4:09am On Feb 25, 2009
How old is she? How well does she manage herself and her crisis?

Its is going to be painful for you when you see her hurting during any crisis event but I guess you must have experienced this already.

If you really do love her, you will go ahead and bear it in mind that you have to be stron for her when the issue comes up.

But then again how much pain can u bear to see her pass through?
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by dremoney(m): 4:32am On Feb 25, 2009
pele,
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 25, 2009
Marry her bro. With luv u can get thru this.

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by mogentle(m): 9:30am On Feb 25, 2009
Be wise,
& get understanding,
Control your emotion,
Asess yourself, you know what u want & what u can cope with,
Control your mind and be realistic in your decision,
With this I know u will be a happy man at last.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by magzy(f): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2009
@ Poster, dere is nothing wrong in u marrying her so far u'l live up to ur promises.

There was a couple on a program "moments with Mo'. the husband is an AS while the wife is SS. They are married with 3kids, 2AS nd 1SS.

So i fink u can go ahead.

The lord is ur strenght
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Rekky(f): 10:22am On Feb 25, 2009
@ poster follow ur heart man, i wish u d best of luck. Nothing like true love.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by tatooboy: 10:36am On Feb 25, 2009
@poster

I am sorry a lot of people have been sitting on the fence on this your thread, but i will not, because the easiest way to kill you is to ill advice you. The solution is simple.

1. Has your intended ever had crisis in your presence before?
2. Do you have the financial muzzle to support an SS carrier?
3. Do you feel like burying a wife at a young age?

My advice to you. Answer these three questions, especially No. 1 or better still find and talk to a honest medical doctor to educate you on the consequences of what you are about to put yourself through.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by NeroPapas(m): 10:53am On Feb 25, 2009
My Broda, there's nothing God cannot do. And you are the man in this case so make up your mind and stand by it. The lady is only saying you shouldn't marry her because she feels you might not stand by her till the end.

Tell her you love her, show her you love her. Tell her she would not die but live and declare the good works of the the Lord. Sicknesses and diseases are not of God so go to God together in prayers and watch God perform wonders.

If truly you are convinced within yourself that she is the one for you, then tell those of your people rejecting her that they they are only fortunate not to have been born that way so they should put themselves in that condition.

Go ahead and marry her, dedicate and commit your new family unto God and you wont regret.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by jeepdity(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2009
tatooboy:

@poster

I am sorry a lot of people have been sitting on the fence on this your thread, but i will not, because the easiest way to kill you is to ill advice you. The solution is simple.

1. Has your intended ever had crisis in your presence before?
2. Do you have the financial muzzle to support an SS carrier?
3. Do you feel like burying a wife at a young age?

My advice to you. Answer these three questions, especially No. 1 or better still find and talk to a honest medical doctor to educate you on the consequences of what you are about to put yourself through.

@tatooboy i really feel you
@poster this guy tatooboy has given you the most realistic advice, I was in this situation some years back & was very confussed also, honestly the decision is totally yours but questions 1& 2 above r critical, G.Luck bro.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Pelumiv(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2009
@ poster,i really feel ur pain.its easy 4 pple dat has nt xperience ur situatn 2 giv advice.believe me hav been in ur shoe b4.my ex was an ss,i love her n plan 2 marry her.when my mum had dt she is ss,i was tod 2 quit d relationship bt i disagreed cuz i love.my dad on d other hand didnt say anytin.tho d lady later left me i waz determ. 2 marry her weida ss or nt.my advice,make research on d ailment,no wht been ss is all abt.
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by Gabry(f): 11:22am On Feb 25, 2009
hat is AA and SS and AS/ Wetin be all that sef?
Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside by cushman(m): 11:24am On Feb 25, 2009
Bros, you love her don't you Well go ahead and marry her, and don't forget to send me an I.V wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10' Dangerous Dangers Of Masturbation You Didn't Know Of. (pictures) / For Those Who Love Too Much Sex This Is For You / Women And Trousers Zip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.