Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (50678 Views)

Campaign Poster Of Bola Tinubu For Senate Under SDP In 1993 (Throwback Photo) / Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Begining Of The End Of Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:14am On Jun 16, 2015
porka:

Why are you not so smart?

The merger was 2014, we are in 2015 now, check your calendar.

They have used him to achieve their objective.

They have started frustrating him.

They sent him on a wild goose chase.

Buhari simply asked him to go and wait for him somewhere. Told him he was coming, waited in his residence till the selection process was done, then sent to your god that it's needless for him to come again since the whole thing has ended. Imam went ahead to say he would respect the decisions.

Your god was left to react so angrily and made inconsequential remarks about recognition or no recognition, as if his recognition count for anything. His town crier, Lai Mohammed, was left foaming in the mouth.

Tinubu is back to opposition. Starting all over again but this time without any coherent vision and with a handful loyal worshipers like you.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by blackprowler: 6:24am On Jun 16, 2015
I'm sure the vast majority commenting on here are the so-called "youth" that are different from previous generations. What a joke. Nigeria is not going anywhere.
Human beings are not a tribe. They are individuals. If people have been conditioned their whole lives to act a certain religion or tribe, it doesn't mean it is inexorable.

All the so-called education, especially wasting money for university-level education, has not made a dent in the egregious stupidity and ignorance of the Nigerian. Yet they do more of the same.

The problem with Nigeria is the Nigerian people's level of understanding and conduct. We are a primitive people still at a tribal stage of societal advancement as Lugard puts it. It may yet take centuries if we don't tear ourselves apart before then

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by staymore: 6:25am On Jun 16, 2015
tobtap:

there is no self denial...tinubu was instrumental to buhari wining the election....u can jugde his success thru buhari political appointments... u cannot expect members of the national assembly to be loyal to tinubu...cos tinubu is not saraki Godfather neither is he the Godfather in a state like bauchi...my point is that u and article have not given any valid evidence that tinubu has lost anything...lawan and gbajamila are APC candidates not tinubu's....

If President Buhari had failed would you have said the same thing?

Tinubu should know his boundaries, when the President never indicated interest in who emerges as national assembly leaders, Tinunu would have known it is high time to let things be.
He desperately want to control everywhere and I see more humiliations coming his way.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by chiedu7: 6:39am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:
And @PabloAfricanus

NOBODY is Igbo political master. We are individually masters of our own fates.

As for the Fulani, "monkey dey clever be say tree dey". In Nigeria, the Yoruba have consistently played the role of the tree upon which the Fulani demonstrate their cleverness to the chagrin of other groups in Nigeria.
The last election proved that point fully.

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 16, 2015
Hehehehehe.for once the south south and south east ll watch on d sidelines.lets watch d hausa fulani fight d yorubas cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by QuotaSystem: 6:56am On Jun 16, 2015
desdichando:
Hehehehehe.for once the south south and south east ll watch on d sidelines.lets watch d hausa fulani fight d yorubas cheesy

There's no fight sir. The OP is just another TANoid pained by the letter sent by a Northern group yesterday in support of Jagaban.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by chuose: 7:06am On Jun 16, 2015
well I warned the Yoruba people only 2 days ago to take care of Osinbanjo.

Na so so abuse dem dey throw my way.

Abok1 wey dey dribble dem pass maradona dem no fit talk to.

If Na igbo people yoruba's go quick abuse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by lokoloko84(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2015
porka:

Buhari simply asked him to go and wait for him somewhere. Told him he was coming, waited in his residence till the selection process was done, then sent to your god that it's needless for him to come again since the whole thing has ended. Imam went ahead to say he would respect the decisions.

Your god was left to react so angrily and made inconsequential remarks about recognition or no recognition, as if his recognition count for anything. His town crier, Lai Mohammed, was left foaming in the mouth.

Tinubu is back to opposition. Starting all over again but this time without any coherent vision and with a handful loyal worshipers like you.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by lokoloko84(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2015
fx45:

They've already started playing dirty and the first casualty is the biggest Yoruba political gladiator of this era. Go figure....
You are just hurt by the defeat of your incompetent and worthless Jonathan.
Get over it.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by chaxking(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2015
Nothing to say about ur examination.
mauriceju2:
Mark my word : the Hausa man can never never never never change Nigeria for good, it is not in their blood to do that, the day anybody will be able to bring Yoruba’s and Igbo together will be the day Nigeria will change for good, pdp cannot do us good and apc is the same with apc, look for a way to great a party that can bring Igbo’s and Yoruba’s together and you will see Nigeria change for good, Hausas does not have any power , their strength come from Igbo’s and Yoruba’s disunity.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by awa(m): 7:52am On Jun 16, 2015
The Writer is just soliciting for unnecessary sympathy. Tinubu is responsible for his personal decisions. I am surprise at this write-up. Nigeria may never change with this kind of mentality....
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by nortcentrallord(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2015
omenka:
Yeah, I'm on leave. Do you have a problem with that??

This is the kind of thread that tingles the taste buds of ethnoreligious bigots like you and sadly, I'm not one of your type. If I don't comment, does that make the article any less interesting to you?? What exactly is your problem.

Let me repeat it for the last time, and I desperately hope it sinks this time no matter how impervious your brain is: I don't care the tribe of who leads Nigeria, what I care about is good governance.

Get that into your head dude, and stop following me around this forum. I'm not here for you and I believe you aren't here for me either. State your opinions and keep my moniker out of your bullucks. I am not interested.

Goodnyt, and go get something useful to do with your life.

And while at it, get yourself some good education mr "remindal".

Hahahahahaha you seem easily tipped off balance grin cheesy grin. If you don't want me to keep off your moniker then better tell Mods or whoever to take the Quote option out of nairaland. Sont be scared bwai and throwing lill temper tantrums won't help. Oh I forgot, it's a stock in trade for you guys when nothing objective is left to say cheesy grin. Good morning.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by lokoloko84(m): 8:09am On Jun 16, 2015
porka:

You are just a spectulator with no decency and common sense whatsoever. I asked you to give me the credible politicians in South west and you typed nonsense.
Yes Tinubu is my admirer and I respect him for being the brain child that sent the incompetent and worthless Jonathan back to otueke whom you worship.This is the reason why most of you rant like rats against him.It is just a personal envy and hatered you have for him.
Tinubu is still better than any other politicians you have at present. He has achieved what any other person has achieved and he has nothing to lose.He has made history that has not been made in a generation.
He is not perfect but he is the current leader of the yoruba's.
Majority love him while few hate him which is understandable. Anybody against this should go to hell.
It is left for his supporters to learn from his mistakes and pick up from there.

You
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 16, 2015
tawa89:
To think that Tambuwal couldn't come out to endorse and aid Femi Gbajamila is heartbreaking. Femi was the ringleader of those that voted for him in 2011 , he even jumped fence for Tambuwal yet Tambuwal didn't waste time in visiting Dogara , the new speaker....Damn !!! Politics is cold.

Hausas bleeping Yorubas time immemorial
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:
And @PabloAfricanus

NOBODY is Igbo political master. We are individually masters of our own fates.

As for the Fulani, "monkey dey clever be say tree dey". In Nigeria, the Yoruba have consistently played the role of the tree upon which the Fulani demonstrate their cleverness to the chagrin of other groups in Nigeria.
The last election proved that point fully.

CC: chessboard
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by meccuno: 8:23am On Jun 16, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Ekwueme was vice to shagari
TKO
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by DanielPop(m): 9:00am On Jun 16, 2015
tawa89:
hmmmmm.. but you ve to give to the Fulanis, they are best politicians in West Africa.

NO they are not. I have stopped them twice. Once during University department elections and also during our alumni elections. They are not smart but what they have going for them is solidarity. Their religion binds them together and as we know you cannot break the bunch but you can break the broomstick. We are better in politics than them. Infact if you check carefully, they plot using the best brains from the South whom they pay so well. Our problem is that we know too much! We see too much and we talk too much! We are always the first to bring down our own. While the fulani's tried so hard to keep a dead Yar'Adua in power, our brothers like Amaechi and Tinubu worked so hard to bring Jonathan down. Jonathan they said was "clueless" but Yar'Adua was DEAD!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by attacker231: 9:04am On Jun 16, 2015
[s]
carnegiefan:
In Phyno's voice "Onwebedi ife ifulu!". cheesy

Fulani oligarchy is back and recharged, ready to rule SW for the next 100 years, ie after Biafra has since seceded. cool
[/s]

Senseless animal. Was reading your thread and thought you are responsible, never knew you are a bitter bigot like kanu.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by fx45(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2015
lokoloko84:
You are just hurt by the defeat of your incompetent and worthless Jonathan.
Get over it.
That isnt the subject of discussion. Please lets not derail

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by attacker231: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Hausas bleeping Yorubas time immemorial

Coming from the dunce husband of caroline okey, the famous Lagos prostitute. You have no shame at all, waiting for you to deny her and you will cry.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by akinmax: 9:15am On Jun 16, 2015
mcino:

Don't mind him. And Tinubu is not just an idiot and a pawn used by the Fulanis to get power back to the north? Yorubas are not the only people from the south that can play politics if betrayal. The single reason why Igbos supported Jonathan that much is simply southern solidarity and not because of the nonsense Azikiwe appendage. In the whole south, outside the Yoruba, Ijaws are the most antagonistic to Igbo's. If not for southern solidarity, why would we blink our eyes. Tinubu was able to convince his Yoruba peeps to see Igbo support for Jonathan from tribal lenses and viola, Igbo's were labelled tribalists for supporting somebody that is not from their tribe. After betraying the south, Yoruba's are now crying, when the head is already off. ...... Igbo's will continue to pay them back by supporting the Fulani's in humiliating them as a pay back..........

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by nwadiuko1(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2015
lokoloko84:
Other politicians like who?Why did not buhari,saraki and co team team up with these so called politicians before the merger.
Can you mention those politicians that are credible presently in SW?

buhari teamed up with the tinubu block to get what he wants......to buhari, tinubu is a means to an end.......

Fashola, fayemi and even some pdp members will only be too happy to displace tinubu
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Okikiade(m): 9:25am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:

Optimism without action is as good as nothing. Let me leave you with a quote " “Good things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” ― Abraham Lincoln."
Good night.
[/b]The reason you and I still habour to make it here is exactly what Abraham Lincoln stated![b] You can contributes your quota in Nation Building By Preaching Patriotism and self-sacrifice!
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:26am On Jun 16, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

It's easy to talk now with the benefit of hindsight. That period was a state of heightened fear and uncertainty. Many decisions were rushed, with untoward consequences.

For instance, Awo could not have toed the line of secession because the Yorubas were not prepared for war. In the last meeting Awo had with Ojukwu, he pointed out to Ojukwu about the unpreparedness of the Western Region. He asked Ojukwu for two weeks to consult with his people, after all he understood he could never force anything on them. Awo was still en route to the West when he heard about Ojukwu's declaration of the new state of Biafra! You see, there was no way Awo would trust Ojukwu, if he could not have Awo in confidence. Awo knew immediately after Ojukwu's declaration that Ojukwu no longer needed him, which effectively destroyed any further possible alliance.

At no point in time did Awolowo and Ojukwu discuss the Western State going to war in 1966/7. Go read Awolowo's war account, "Awo On Nigerian Civil War." Ajuluchukwu, one of Ojukwu's aids had a secret recorder he used to record the discussion between Ojukwu and Awolowo at the state house in Enugu.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by dBard: 9:27am On Jun 16, 2015
atlwireles:

What is there to applaud, sorry I don't see it. The Fulanai political position is well known in Nigeria, there is no deftness and finesse involved. The fools willingly leading themselves into bondage is the tragedy needs explanation.

I tend to agree with tawa89, it takes a level of deftness n finesse to play d same trick on an informed audience, with so many variations and Yet get the same response.

My take in all this, is that it's high time the 'south' takes its eyes away from d centre and develop themselves first @home. It's important we do this cos if not, the 'northern oligarchy' will always play n prey on that greed to their advantage.
Human. nd material resource development and control will eventually get us there.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by cheruv: 9:32am On Jun 16, 2015
hansad:
Selfish Pursuits - all of them:

Baba Awolowo was promised by Fulani that he would succeed Yakubu Gowon. For that, Baba Awo advised Yakubu Gowon to jettison the Accord made in Aburi which was agreed upon by Nigeria and the rebel Eastern region in the presence of Internationale mediators.
The result was a nasty civil war that claimed nearly 2 million innocent lives, mostly children.

The kernel of the Aburi Accord was reintroduction of Regional government system with fiscal federalism.

Unarguably, the Southwest region, and indeed all parts of Nigeria, should have advanced by far with development, more than what they are today, if Aburi Accord was honoured.
Oh my Bleep! shocked
You just spoke the damn truth!
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by omoharry(f): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2015
abinsco25:
Fulani will always continue to rule us as long as the south west, south east and south south regions failed to be one.
The South South and the South East are ONE.it it only the South West that is always divided.Always doing the same mistake of aligning themselves with the Hausa Fulanis WHO always dump them at the end of the day.I tire. Awolowo did it..they dump him, Abiola did it they betrayed him using his own people..now Tinubu don put them back in power..they are now trying to push him aside. haba!!
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by lokoloko84(m): 9:40am On Jun 16, 2015
nwadiuko1:
buhari teamed up with the tinubu block to get what he wants......to buhari, tinubu is a means to an end.......

Fashola, fayemi and even some pdp members will only be too happy to displace tinubu
And the same fasola and fayemi will deliver south west to their new party.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by meccuno: 9:51am On Jun 16, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, I understand the dynamics of their culture and mentality, from an historical POV - and I know how they operate. Heck, I told Eurobomber last week that they're just warming up with their vengeance. grin Seriously, who among the Nigerian elites doesn't fear them? Even the normal folks fear them, judging by the way their bororos (the pikeys among them) go around killing/maiming folks with impunity. The first law of power is to put fear in people and they've mastered it. Anyway, I honestly don't know how folks can be shiit-scared of people who bleed just like them, to be honest.

Unity in the South is a pipe-dream based on how the country was structured from the get-go. The overly aggressive and emotional temperament of Igbos will never be able to unite properly with the peaceful and jolly temperament of the Yoruba. More like a cat and mouse game. And that will always play into the hands on the Fulanis, the owners of Nigeria - with just basic divide and conquer strategy.
you need the aggressiveness of the igbos to match the aggressiveness of the North......when the south stays united.....its not a cat and mouse game dude....look @ the bigger picture....most people fail to understand these characteristics of an average igbo man.......if you don understand this,then I don't think the SW are advanced the way the SW has painted their selves......they don't feel comfortable being with the igbos.....they think they are more superior to the igbos because they embraced education early.......and the igbo man believes educated or not, everyone is equal........and believe everybody has the chance to be great.......the problem is understanding these traits.....if you notice,many igbos have been made to believe that the SWterners are cowards and traitors......just two......the only thing the yorubas would do is unite with the south give them their words and in time of battle they would be ready to fight......and the do it.....then the fulanis who u claim are grand masters in politics would be dymistified....its just politics....if you can't do this,then please drop that sophisticated tag......aligning with the north is very easy. Any section can do it.....uniting the south is where the real war is......if the igbos can vote for an ijaw man even with the betrayals and denials that they ijaw people did to them,then uniting the south is not impossible.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by meccuno: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2015
lokoloko84:
Maybe you should read my post again.
We will never have the so called gentlemen like politician's in the SW for a long time after the current ones.
Go and study the political history of South west.The so called Fulani cannot play dirty politically than a typical thorough breed Yoruba politician.
yeah....and who is winning now?
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by omoharry(f): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2015
Menobista:
This is my first time on Nairaland and am happy to be here.
you are most welcome.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by datribune: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2015
thotsofnaij:
You are missing the point in my post as to why the igbo's went with a side other than the yoruba side. It was because awo sowed discord and distrust between both sides. Read what I said and comprehend it. It is the truth and till date it has led to discord between east and west. In all his dealings with the east awo believed it was better to burn them so i can benefit from the north. Unfortunately he always ended up getting burned. Same with tinubu which I knew would happen and already is happening.

[b] If d NCNC had been united it should hav been easy 4 Azikiwe to go to d centre. But NCNC had a split. d NCNC won all d five members frm Lagos but only two members from each division could go to d Federal House. Lagos then was part of the West, so it was d Western House of Assembly that would choose d two dat would go. The NCNC thought they were going to choose Dr. Azikiwe & Dr Olorunmimbe but another NCNC member Adedoyin now told them he too wanted to contest. d Action Group supported Olorunnimbe & Adedoyin. How is dis different frm what we just witnessed play out at d national assembly where PDP supported Saraki & Dogara as against d APC candidates?
There ar a lot of untruths &  misconceptions out there wit some persons claiming dat d  AG bought over some NCNC members to cross-carpet in order to form d majority in d western house of assembly. d truth is dat d AG won d elections & were d majority. There were only 80 members in d assembly & d AG won 45 making them d majority. However, some members of d NCNC who did not want to be in opposition & wanted to be in office crossed carpet to d AG. Will it be right for us to say d issue of cross-carpeting was an ethnic thing when those dat cross-carpeted were not only yorubas?. They included Ijaws & many other minorities whose rights d Action Group will later go on to champion.
Unfortunately, many igbo including Azikiwe keep debating dis issue frm a narrow & myopic view & trying mischievously to paint issues wit an ethnic brush & paint themselves as victims. How is it d fault of d AG dat some NCNC members who hated being in d minority joined d AG's majority in d house?.
NB: Awo has never positioned himself to benefit anything frm d North. Throughout his political years he was in d opposition while Azikiwe was their man.
Tinubu is a patriot who having realized dat regional parties like d AC, CPC, ANPP, APGA could not rescue nigeria frm d strangle-hold of d dysfunctional PDP, joined d national call 4 all men of goodwill to come together in a grand alliance to confront d PDP. Unfortunately a faction of APGA, d Ohaneze & mainstream igbo decided to maintain d status-quo & rot of d clueless GEJ. Amaechi one of d leading lights in d struggle to dislodge GEJ is frm d south-south. Tinubu's involvement had nothing to do wit east, west or north. It was about d yearnings of nigerians to get rid of d PDP.

[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Four Plus Zero - Nigerians Say No To Buhari / Obasanjo Rubbishes National Assembly, Says It’s An Assembly Of Thieves, Looters / What Osinbajo Told Buhari On Phone Before Sacking DSS Boss, Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.