Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,694 members, 7,809,621 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July (43961 Views)

PDP Former Ministers Pay Sallah Visit To Ex-president Jonathan (photos) / States N145b Allocation From FG In July 2016 / How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by shakaZuIlu: 4:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Nigerians are not meant for good things this man no doubt is the best president ever since 1960 forget all those propaganda and violent distraction used in pulling down his hardwork.

i love you Gej #nohomo
the Mandela of our country loved by all even Buhari can't hide his love for you.

forever in my heart

Gej my hero fayose my role model - temitemi1

Two Nigerian authors seem to have found a perfect way to keep ex-president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan living forever. The duo who teamed up shortly after the elections to carryout this daunting task said they were undertaking the project to applaud the former president’s heroic feats.

Ex-President Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July
Former president Goodluck Jonathan
By the 21st of July, a book in honour of Jonathan’ will be released. The book is titled: “The New Face of African Democracy‎.”

This project was executed by Mr Ayo George and Dayo Taiwo both of who agree that the just unseated president deserves a plethora of accolades.

‎Mr. Jonathan’s ambition for a second tenure in office was cut short at the presidential polls by General Muhammadu Buhari the All Progressive Congress (APC) candidate, but that loss seem in no way to have done much of a damage to his personality.

According to reports by Premium Times, Mr. George told journalists in Lagos‎ on Sunday that he was super excited at the prospect of releasing a book written about a former president.

He said they had started writing the book long before the elections, because they felt Dr. Goodluck needed to be celebrated regardless if he won or lost the elections. He added though, that when president Jonathan lost, they felt a greater need to complete the book. This Mr George stated to make it categorically clear that the book wasn’t meant to patronize Dr Ebele Jonathan in the first place.

Mr George went on to say that Africa must begin to write her own stories. He was of the opinion that African children must read about the great men of the black race; one of such men being Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

“He is presently being suggested for the Nobel Peace prize, and our plans for the promotion of this book is part of that suggestion.” Mr George added.

In agreement with all Mr Ayo George said, Mr. Taiwo, the co-author further revealed that a 30-day countdown to the official release would begin by the 22nd of June, and by July 21, the book would be released on various platforms across the world. He added that the 30-day countdown was going to be very exciting, involving a lot of social media hype and razzmatazz all through the dates.

He didn’t forget to add that so much was up their sleeves as regards giving the book a firm presence especially across Africa, arguing that regardless of the varied opinions of Nigerians, the public would generally agree that the former president needs to be celebrated, hence the need to release the book.

Goodluck Jonathan seems to have written his name in gold, with the major role he played in the peaceful transition after losing out in the last election.

The former president has been lauded by the local and foreign media for that historic phone call that conceded defeat in the 2015 presidential elections.

To many, he has become an icon of peace and a beacon of hope for a better future, not only for Nigeria, but indeed Africa as a whole.

http://www.naij.com/461520-ex-president-jonathan-immortalized-july.html

94 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by madridguy(m): 4:03am On Jun 16, 2015
A man will be remembered for two things, the problem you solved and the one he created.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by tit(f): 4:05am On Jun 16, 2015
immortalize??
him don die?
abii una wan kill am join?

make you no try am ooo!
if you try,
me and you go put leg for the same trouser.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by fashoo2010(m): 4:10am On Jun 16, 2015
Hmm
Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by luvmijeje(f): 4:11am On Jun 16, 2015
Mr George went on to say that Africa must begin to write her own stories. He was of the opinion that African children must read about the great men of the black race; one of such men being Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

“He is presently being suggested for the Nobel Peace prize, and our plans for the promotion of this book is part of that suggestion.” Mr George added.

It's well. Hopefully it'll be insightful as Obasanjo's book.
Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Dollyak(f): 4:18am On Jun 16, 2015
If you are going to immortalise him, I beg you put it in your SS region. Some regions has high standards

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Nobody: 4:20am On Jun 16, 2015
Good move my brethren.

He deserves to be honoured but not immortalised bikokwa before una wish am death in disguise. undecided

In English, a living person or object can be immortalised but in a lay man's day to day grammar, the word is best applied to the dead.

So @op, please change your headline for easy perusal. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by eleko1: 4:23am On Jun 16, 2015
Those thieves still dey chase the ex president jona up/ down to collect their own share of the stolen/looted money in the name of immortalised him with book sad.The trekking era is over now,nah one book and chieftaincy title remain now.From Baba AdiNni of Ondo to Baba ndagbe of OTUOKE to Maita Garri of Kano undecided THIEVES sad

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:33am On Jun 16, 2015
Anybody when no like GEJ no go ever like better thing for life. Forget those hypocrite devils in human flesh, they are just selfish and with time they will surely reap what they sow.

Off to WEST GERMANY.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:
If you are going to immortalise him, I beg you put it in your SS region.
Aso rock shld be named after dat guy
He's a hero
He's d reason y we re not in crisis today
He's d defender of our democracy

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by pedel: 4:43am On Jun 16, 2015
A whole chapter should be dedicated to how he fought corruption vehemently.
A section should state how subsidy scammers were jailed. Also how he placed a goat and yam together inside NNPC.
GEJ: the best president Nigeria could have had if not for how he let corrupt people took over his government.
No be Immortalise, na cremation.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by greggles: 5:13am On Jun 16, 2015
Ex President Goodluck Jonathan deserves commendation and he will ALWAYS be remembered because his actions before and after the elections have set a good precedence for other politicians out there to emulate from, especially in Africa.

8 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Bifwoli: 5:25am On Jun 16, 2015
GEJ was a shinning example ,an Ijaw who was as popular as the Iphone is gonna be Immortalized.

All those for this motion say "I".... ......the "I's have it.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by gregg2: 5:28am On Jun 16, 2015
GEJ we miss you

5 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by saintneo(m): 5:40am On Jun 16, 2015
Jonathan already has a strong footprint in Nigeria and democracy.

Thanks for visiting Dreaming Nigeria blog yesterday, I hope to write more interesting topics soon. A new topic has just been published - [url=dreamingnigeria..com/2015/06/integrating-public-utilities-with.html]Integrating Public Utilities with Private Generators[/url] - please remember to leave your great comments and share on other social networks.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by jogsman01(m): 5:54am On Jun 16, 2015
why i wan comment sef?
Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by tboneybone(m): 6:00am On Jun 16, 2015
angry
Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by shakaZuIlu: 6:10am On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Beesluv: 6:13am On Jun 16, 2015
OK, what if his wife
Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:17am On Jun 16, 2015
Hahahaha. Imota kini? Okay, we are waiting for his Nobel prize.

Boys are hungry and looking for a way to survive. At least the writers want a cut of the loot. Good job guys!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by chat2deen(m): 7:07am On Jun 16, 2015
Where? TANoids with wonders!
Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 16, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
He's a democratic hero

7 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by temitemi1(m): 7:21am On Jun 16, 2015
A perfect gentleman. I miss him so much cheesy cheesy
barcanista:
He's a democratic hero

4 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 16, 2015
temitemi1:
A perfect gentleman. I miss him so much cheesy cheesy
His time in Government has come and gone. His democratic antecedent will live even beyond him

5 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Tecnonews24: 7:28am On Jun 16, 2015
That's is not surprising, but we expect they give our party leader and hero of democracy the space to get the needed Rest . But we most thank all men of good will. The heroic act of GEj deserve Nothing less of the noble peace prize award, and we have our eyes fixed on that.

5 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by QuotaSystem: 7:33am On Jun 16, 2015
There's no need, Jonathan's failures are immortalized in the minds of the families of the young and innocent Nigerians that needlessly lost their lives in the immigration job scam, among his other failures.

No book can erase the disaster that the Jonathan's administration was, no book can make this woman forget the incompetence and lack of empathy that characterized Jona.

His failures are immortal.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by yorke1: 7:40am On Jun 16, 2015
GEJ my Hero

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by dejavski(m): 7:47am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:
If you are going to immortalise him, I beg you put it in your SS region.

And who should be immortalised? Tinubu or M.K.O (ITT) undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by deanoffaculty: 8:02am On Jun 16, 2015
IMMORTALIZED?

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by shakaZuIlu: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2015
QuotaSystem:
There's no need, Jonathan's failures are immortalized in the memories of the families of the young and innocent Nigerians that needlessly lost their lives in the immigration job scam, among his other failures.

No book can erase the disaster that the Otueke drunkard's administration was, no book can make this woman forget the incompetence and lack of empathy that characterized Jona.

His failures are immortal.

Thunder fire your mother there grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-president Jonathan To Be Immortalized In July by Jaideyone(m): 8:37am On Jun 16, 2015
lol joke of the day cheesy

someone met a healthy economy and left it in comatose

boko haram gained control of large territories under his watch

corruption reigned supreme and ex militants were rewarded with juicy contracts while promising young graduates roamed the streets unemployed or underemployed

he should really be immortalised to serve as a lesson to other presidents in future

bunch of jokers grin

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Tinubu Wants Stigma On Drug Use Removed / Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Borno, Scores Killed (Photos) / POL 501 The Tinubu Masterclass (sparsky Vs Fisher 1972)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.