Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning (42642 Views)

America Says Biafra and Nigeria Will Fight Again / Shekau Surfaces In New Video, Says Boko Haram Not Crushed / Chibok Girls Alive And Kicking, Says Boko Haram’s Contact - TVC NEWS [ABUJA] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by kelib: 10:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
prettyboi1:

I feel like slapping your fvcking head off your neck. I never really do this, but I would today. I'm so upset right now. Is it every fvcking thing that foools like you politicize or play with? We are talking serious national issues here and you're here talking like a fvcking fool. According to you "around may 29th, boko haram was 'only' operating around Sambisa." Is Sambisa not in Nigeria? Is Sambisa not Nigerian territory? In the very first place, should terrorists be operating on Nigerian soil? You're here talking trash after the previous administration sat down idly for 5 years and let terrorists thrive on Nigerian soil until one week to 2015 elections. If we are talking national issues that concern all of us' well-being, don't be coming around with your small, idle and hate-filled mind to come and be talking like a fvcking 5-year old imbeciile. Comprende?

painaldo.

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by madridguy(m): 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
So what are the duties of GEJ ?

kelib:

u speak like someone who is not schooled before.
chibok is inborno state, did u ask urself a very simple question, is thr a governor in that state?
what are his duties?
answer these questions n then call gej n beg for forgiveness.
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by STEVENcrack(m): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
lyntiffany:
In Niger delta- United state of Aprocko cheesy

Naso..

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by gabriel74: 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari gave his friend Shekau carte blanche to do whatever he likes in this country.

As at May 29th boko haram were only operating around Sambisa, by June they're now openly bombing neighbouring countries, their friends are now in govt.

this is the govt they wanted,they have gotten it ..GOD IS WATCHIN

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by passionate88: 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:

Lol !
Make more friends on NL.
I'm not your friend on NL, but I liked that your particular comment... It was spot on

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by kelib: 11:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
madridguy:
So what are the duties of GEJ ?

whatt r d duties of shettima?

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by kernel504(m): 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
nduchucks:
This a fallout from the incompetence of GEJ's Generals. Insha Allah, the mess will be cleaned up soon enough.
You are such a blind man, who is our President now, why not blame the North for breeding Boko Haram .Up till now, Buhari is yet to fight them.

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by passionate88: 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sobeautiful:
True talk shaa but can you guys pls stop calling your presidents names? After labelling GEJ clueless, now it's Duara dullard. Nawaa for Naija. Apc was happy when GEJ was tagged clueless. Now they've got a little taste of it. What goes around comes around. All the same it's wrong. Let's stop pls.
I won't stop... They called Jonathan all sorts of names, now it's their turn... Buhari, bok0hari, dogo yaro, baba one chance, baba west germany, president mitchelle, and the class Daura President or DULLARD OF DAURA

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by luvinhubby(m): 11:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
passionate88:
I'm not your friend on NL, but I liked that your particular comment... It was spot on
That makes you my friend, friend.
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by nduchucks: 12:18am On Jun 20, 2015
vfactor:

And you really believe what you just typed here?? It makes sense to you?? 6 weeks before election, boko haram was almost extinct. Almost 1month after hand over, they re active again and u blame GEJ? Really?

Well, that is what happens when politics and hatred replaces common sense!

Who trained you people and what kind of school did you people attend? Can you read??

I blame the incompetent GEJ generals who are still in place. They were in place 6 weeks before election and they remain in place, though their days are numbered.

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by EGUNSOLA14: 3:24am On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Bollinger(m): 3:48am On Jun 20, 2015
nd07:
Only God knows what ds US beats truly represent in today's world

When I set foot in Iraq for the first time during the war, i could sense (along with my battle buddies) that something was not right. The insurgents had us at a stalemate. They couldn't face us in a fair fight and would regularly use hit and run tactics, human shields and IED's. Bush come vex and initiated the "surge". We basically choked them out with numbers and weaponry. For one insurgent we had 20 soldiers. They couldn't breath or move. That was how we won it "temporarily" until Malaki ruined it with the usual Nigerian style iraqi mentality. Iraqi's are similar to Nigerians in many ways. All Malaki had to do was build on our success but no. He decided to go the Nigerian route using tribalism, nepotism, and corruption.

America knows how to win wars so I think they know a lost war from a won one. By now Boko Haram should have been old news but they are getting bolder by the day. Learn from history; choke them out.
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by paulibling(m): 4:42am On Jun 20, 2015
madridguy:
I never said GEJ was behind the sect but people around him are the founder and the financier of the group. GEJ said it openly " He said Boko Haram(s) are in my cabinet " Not too long Kabiru Sokoto was found in a senator sitting room " Parlour " the SSS question the senator from Maiduguri but was later released that there is no enough evidence to nail him.

The same apply to Modu Al-Sherriff, Jonathan hide this man inside aso rock for more than 5 years and make sure nothing happen to him....I will stand on this fact, we cannot get rid of boko haram if some bad element are still walking freely.

All the people you mentioned are APC members as i post this now. You are not truthful to yourself. Boko is a looooong ride for northeners. Next time they will understand that you dont make a nation ungovernable by putting fire in your own house cos when the fire is out you will be homeless.

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by madridguy(m): 5:38am On Jun 20, 2015
With you utterances so far it is very obvious that you don't know that GEJ is Chief Commander Of Armed Forces of Nigeria and you are here trying to defend his action of going for a political rally barely 24 hours of the attack..

kelib:

whatt r d duties of shettima?
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by nationwide1(m): 6:05am On Jun 20, 2015
persius555:
I believe PMB is old enough to be ur grandfather. A man of this age has offered top lead us out of this 16yrs political and socio economic darkness. All u do with ur youthfulness is to constitute a national disgrace on this forum. Get rid of this your ''GEJ or Nigeria can go to Hell'' attitude cause GEJ is not coming back. The earlier the better.
I'm sick and tired of this baseless and polarized propaganda from APC chanting PDP ruining Nigeria for 16 years.

Do you mean prior to PDP take-over in 1999, Nigeria was a better place?

I need a good explanation to this because last time I checked, the people who contributed to the ruining of the country since 1960 are being hailed today as heroes and saints.

Hypocrisy and unsubstantiated propaganda everywhere aimed at brainwashing the gullible who cannot think for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by LadyAimy: 6:44am On Jun 20, 2015
madridguy:
Buhari has no connection with these killer......... PDP IS BOKO HARAM BOKO HARAM IS PDP, IF YOU WANT AN END TO BOKO HARAM PDP KNOWS WHAT TO DO. " Late National Security Adviser, General Andrew Owoye Azazi of blessed memory.

Be truthful to yourself for once

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Classicool(m): 6:53am On Jun 20, 2015
Lols.
We are just watching. Because we already on the terrible brink. Is high time we go our different ways. So as to solve our prob by ourselves

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 20, 2015
nduchucks:

Who trained you people and what kind of school did you people attend? Can you read??

I blame the incompetent GEJ generals who are still in place. They were in place 6 weeks before election and they remain in place, though their days are numbered.

GEJ generals?? Really?? They werent incompetent 6weeks before election, but they are now, and u still call them GEJ generals Man u really don't have a point. GEJ is no longer the Commander in Chief. If they are generals of anyone, it is the present Commander in Chief, who's been bombing creeks in Cross River state!

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by loomer: 6:58am On Jun 20, 2015
America just dey find way to make sure them come buid base for naija. Make dem go slp.

Have they won the war on isis?
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by madridguy(m): 7:00am On Jun 20, 2015
As in ?

LadyAimy:

Be truthful to yourself for once

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Sobeautiful: 8:16am On Jun 20, 2015
passionate88:
I won't stop... They called Jonathan all sorts of names, now it's their turn... Buhari, bok0hari, dogo yaro, baba one chance, baba west germany, president mitchelle, and the class Daura President or DULLARD OF DAURA
Hahahahaaa, easyoo. Pls pity the old man, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by makaveli1(m): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2015
ChaleeBendel:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/boko-haram-winning-n376786?cid=par-sy-_all
"but the multinational force is still has no central command."
PMB was absolutely right when he moved the central command from abuja to maidugiri.
Our president is an astute soldier. International media and observers has identified no central command as the bane in the war against boko haram even with the coming together of the four countries. God bless our pmb but he should start working.
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Maghan37: 9:47am On Jun 20, 2015
ocelot2006:

It was the same GEJ that totally revitalised the military.
*Under GEJ the military became a more seasoned Counter-insurgency force.
*Under GEJ, FAR MORE NUMBERS of new combat platforms in the history of our military were purchased (e.g MBTs, IFVS, attack helicopters, transport helicopters, MRAPs, LCAVs, combat jets, new firearms, Naval OPVs, gunboats, new ships, Harris Communications suits, UCAVs,etc).
*Under GEJ, our military received far better tactical training from the Russians, South Africans, and the Isrealis.
*Under GEJ our local defence industries flourished.Now in addition to firearms we produce combat vests, MRAPs, Armoured Personnel Carriers, UAVS, and naval gunboats. These items are currently in use in combat.
Well does it change d fact dat d Nigerian soldiers were given inadequate weapons 2 fight d enemy because even on nairaland a Nigerian soldier gave a/c of dia encounter& Aljazeera gave interviews 2 many of our military men including some in Femii falana's chamber who testified about being given 1976 maulters dat did not explode, if what u claim is true if anything at all it makes GEJ more guilty because all dis reports of our soldiers given inadequate weapons when the weapons are available are definitely not fallacies.
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by ocelot2006(m): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
Maghan37:
Well does it change d fact dat d Nigerian soldiers were given inadequate weapons 2 fight d enemy because even on nairaland a Nigerian soldier gave a/c of dia encounter& Aljazeera gave interviews 2 many of our military men including some in Femii falana's chamber who testified about being given 1976 maulters dat did not explode, if what u claim is true if anything at all it makes GEJ more guilty because all dis reports of our soldiers given inadequate weapons when the weapons are available are definitely not fallacies.

No one is doubting the fact that the military was in equipped initially. At the spike of the insurgency, troops were moving around in soft skinned vehicles, lacked adequate communications gear, used mere GPMGs as heavy weapons, and lacked the necessary tactical training and combat air support.

But all these changed later. Soft skinned vehicles were replaced with both foreign and domestic MRAPs, LCAVs, and APC. Troops were equally supported by newly purchased Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) and IFVs. For air support, more attack and transport helicopters were purchased, combat jets were redeployed with more Alpha jets purchased (attrition replacements). For communication, Harris radios were purchased and more surveillance equipment were acquired. Even in law enforcement, the govt built the first dedicated GSM Public Land Mobile System (PLMN) for the Police Force. For intelligence gathering, ISR birds and UAVs were acquired and deployed (e.g the ATR-48). But most of all, the govt invested heavily in tactical training. When hundreds of Army, Police, and DSS personnel were sent to Russia, it wasn't to go count polar bears there. When Gen. Ihejirika invested heavily in counter-insurgency and counter - Terror training, it definitely wasn't for fun.

Overall, these large investment in defence (only seconded by that of the Shagari administration) paid off. Within 6 weeks, the military recaptured every territory held by Boko Haram, reduced suicide bombings to its barest minimum, and almost made Boko Haram extinct.

That was all until this new GMB administration took over.

2 Likes

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Our brothers are winning

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 21, 2015
lyntiffany:
In Niger delta- United state of Aprocko cheesy

Dry!!! undecided
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by lyntiffany(f): 5:37am On Jun 21, 2015
hifaif:

Dry!!! undecided
follow follow, don't you have anything worthy to attach your time ? than harassing me up and down in this forum?

1 Like

Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Maghan37: 9:36am On Jun 21, 2015
ocelot2006:

No one is doubting the fact that the military was in equipped initially. At the spike of the insurgency, troops were moving around in soft skinned vehicles, lacked adequate communications gear, used mere GPMGs as heavy weapons, and lacked the necessary tactical training and combat air support.

But all these changed later. Soft skinned vehicles were replaced with both foreign and domestic MRAPs, LCAVs, and APC. Troops were equally supported by newly purchased Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) and IFVs. For air support, more attack and transport helicopters were purchased, combat jets were redeployed with more Alpha jets purchased (attrition replacements). For communication, Harris radios were purchased and more surveillance equipment were acquired. Even in law enforcement, the govt built the first dedicated GSM Public Land Mobile System (PLMN) for the Police Force. For intelligence gathering, ISR birds and UAVs were acquired and deployed (e.g the ATR-48). But most of all, the govt invested heavily in tactical training. When hundreds of Army, Police, and DSS personnel were sent to Russia, it wasn't to go count polar bears there. When Gen. Ihejirika invested heavily in counter-insurgency and counter - Terror training, it definitely wasn't for fun.

Overall, these large investment in defence (only seconded by that of the Shagari administration) paid off. Within 6 weeks, the military recaptured every territory held by Boko Haram, reduced suicide bombings to its barest minimum, and almost made Boko Haram extinct.

That was all until this new GMB administration took over.
Guy I am not disputing ur claim but d timing is what is bein ? D military only began 2 take territories after feb 14.
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2015
lyntiffany:
follow follow, don't you have anything worthy to attach your time ? than harassing me up and down in this forum?

Mschetwwwwww!!!
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
lyntiffany:

You have been quiet for like hours now. What is wrong?
Re: Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning by lyntiffany(f): 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
hifaif:

You have been quiet for like hours now. What is wrong?
and what's your business with that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu To Northern Lawmakers: I’m Healthy, Just Undergoing Therapy (Video) / Photos Of Femi Fani-Kayode After Court Today / Moment Peter Obi Arrived Lafia, Nasarawa For Labour Party Campaign Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.