Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki (37879 Views)

NLC, TUC Mock 2face Idibia As They Protest To Meet Saraki, Osinbajo / Meet Saraki's Henchman Who Masterminded The Power Outage During His CCT Trial / America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 20, 2015
modath:

Do you even understand the crux of the argument andd the reason pmb is upset??

1.Did tambuwal pick a deputy from the then a.cn?

2. Why is dogara not having the same pr nightmare despite going into coalition with pdp.

That pmb publicly accepted a fait accompli doesn't not mean he privately supports it!!

As for saraki not needing to court pmb you yourself should know its not true.
Saraki is presently suffering from an image and credibility dent and every a
U don't know Bukola Saraki and Northern Politics .... U think this is Tinubu Political empire comprising Ambode, Aregbesola, Ajimobi and Amosun .....

Saraki may suffer images with the Tinubu's camp but with Northerners and Easterners (SS/SE) .... Saraki was their choice as far as He is the nemesis against Tinubu's camp.

Saraki was not the one that choose Ekweremadu .... it was action of some APC members and their insensitive political godfather that led to the emergence of Ekweremadu .....

what were they officially doing in ICC when there is Official Assignments in the NASS as constitutionally communicated in a letter to the Clerk of National Assembly

The Tinubu's camp should be blamed for the emergence of Ekweremadu ..... Saraki's camp nominated APC senator as DSP but APC members were eating Amala and Ewedu in ICC waiting for Buhari who is drinking Fura da Nunu in the Defence House while the PDP had a field day to elect Ekweremadu since PDP members on the floor were much than the APC members.

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by eedriyz(m): 5:27am On Jun 20, 2015
xcolanto:
The dura born is a kid! Keeping malice everywhere he goes.. He has malice with DSS, military, saraki, south-south, pdp.. Etc!
He seems only comfortable with west Germany, Michelle, chad, Niger, iman.. Etc

Shameful we have to deal with his pompous and high horse attitude for four years tho.. cry

If you don't know what to say, why not keep shut?

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by modath(f): 5:43am On Jun 20, 2015
Lushcream:
amp.

Saraki was not the one that choose Ekweremadu .... it was action of some APC members and their insensitive political godfather that led to the emergence of Ekweremadu .....

what were they officially doing in ICC when there is Official Assignments in the NASS as constitutionally communicated in a letter to the Clerk of National Assembly

The Tinubu's camp should be blamed for the emergence of Ekweremadu ..... Saraki's camp nominated APC senator as DSP but APC members were eating Amala and Ewedu in ICC waiting for Buhari who is drinking Fura da Nunu in the Defence House while the PDP had a field day to elect Ekweremadu since PDP members on the floor were much than the APC members.

I don't like back & forth argument but I'm making an exception..

You hate Tinubu so let's get that out of the way..

By monday 8th of June it was already in the public domain (olisa metuh's official statement) that Ekweremadu was pdp's going to be dsp to saraki & you claim he wasn't aware, issokay..

Ali ndume is a like minnd senator who is gunning for the senate leader position, his nomination was a ruse to give credibility to the stage managed coup...

I won't argue with you any further, do your research & get your facts right.

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by luvmijeje(f): 5:43am On Jun 20, 2015
vedaxcool:
But saraki should face his work, did he consult Buhari before doing what he did?

Abeg, help me tell am. He should stop all this kurukere he's doing all over the country and start planning on making laws that will impact the country.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Alphaoscar: 5:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Nashoji:
that means you must be buhari gay
partner since you can't stand his
criticism.

You must be an idi0t because I never discuss Buhari in my comment but was only chastising the m0Ron that was running her mouth like a filling stations nozzle.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 20, 2015
modath:

By monday 8th of June it was already in the public domain (olisa metuh's official statement) that Ekweremadu was pdp's going to be dsp to saraki & you claim he wasn't aware, issokay..

Ali ndume is a like minnd senator who is gunning for the senate leader position, his nomination was a ruse to give credibility to the stage managed coup...

There is no need to do further research , you are the one full of insinuations .... I don't hate Tinubu , he is the man that eject professionalism into Nigerian Political landscape but if Tinubu is preaching change .... the people of Nigeria need to ascertain whether Tinubu wanted to change Nigeria ni or he wanted to just change PDP.

Tinubu can't force candidates on the NASS the way PDP used to do and be preaching change ..........

The fact was :

APC members nominated Ali Ndume and they all voted for him while PDP members nominated Ekweremadu as PDP members were more on the floor, they voted Ekweremadu and he emerged the winner.

If all APC members were to converge at the ICC, the PDP members would have formed a quorum which requires just 38 members out of 49 PDP members and David Mark would have been elected unopposed ..... it is just a convention that the party with the majority members become the SP, it is not backed by the Constitution.

Buhari has abided by rule of law to allow NASS chose their leaders without interference as constitutionally required but Tinubu wanted to force candidates on the house .....

The Constitution state that NASS members should elect their principal leaders from among themselves and Buhari has complied , there is no section which provided for Tinubu or APC as a party to nominate consensus candidate for the NASS .....

why can't Tinubu and other APC leaders come out and explicitly make it clear that ty are not going to interfere in the leadership election of the NASS as Buhari did.

You can't preach change and stand to do it same way as being done before.

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by frankyychiji(f): 6:10am On Jun 20, 2015
xcolanto:
The dura born is a kid! Keeping malice everywhere he goes.. He has malice with DSS, military, saraki, south-south, pdp.. Etc!

Shameful we have to deal with his pompous and high horse attitude for four years tho.. cry
Sorry bro! Its well!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2015
islandmoon:
Saraki will end up like Dimeji Bankole!
Saraki is not from Ogun state neither is he a southwesterner......... He is a middle belt Political Godfather of a whole state of Kwara .... Saraki is popular in the whole Northern Nigeria and Saraki is more popular, powerful, competent, Political, Diplomatic and connected than Bankole.

Comparing Saraki with Bankole is an insult.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by frankyychiji(f): 6:20am On Jun 20, 2015
lurther:
Saharareporters will try everything in their trick to report such a biased and unprofessional news just to make it seem as if Buhari is not in support of Saraki's emergence.

Have Buhari also met with Dogara the new House of Rep's speaker?
Sahareporters have not yet still recovered from the shock and bloodied-nose Saraki dealt Tinubu.

Why Tinubu and his media arms continue to live in denial and deceive people that Buhari is not in support of Saraki/Dogara's emergence, Atiku who is now Buharis's closest political Ally is doing the political dirty job for Buhari.

The Die is Cast. Tinubu should just remain abroad, because any further ploitcal-manuovering by him, will lead to his final Demise as a politician, even in the southwest.
When the gods want to kill you, they make you mad first. A word is enough for the wise. Tinubu take note.
This is the only sensible post here so far. My mind told me Sahara reporters are doing everything possible with their "anonymous source" laden reportage to bring Saraki to disrepute. That has been Sahara reporters trend since this legislative impasse.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by free2ryhme: 6:22am On Jun 20, 2015
LocalChamp:
Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKJUN 19, 2015

President Muhammadu Buhari has refused to meet one-on-one with Senator Bukola Saraki two weeks after the latter connived with top officials of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to win the post of Senate President in a move that both stunned and angered the hierarchy of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

SaharaReporters learned that Senator Saraki had made several overtures to get a private meeting with Mr. Buhari, to no avail. One source revealed that Mr. Saraki’s latest attempt was to follow the president to his hometown of Daura in Katsina State to take in the commencement of the Islamic Ramadan period. The president reportedly rebuffed the move.

Following President Buhari’s rebuff, Mr. Saraki reportedly arranged a quiet visit to Vice President Yemi Osibanjo to apologize for an insulting remark he had made in the heat of his high-stakes maneuver to win the leadership of the Senate by striking an alliance with the PDP. Top APC officials claimed that Mr. Saraki had turned down an invitation by VP Osibanjo to discuss his contentious pursuit of the Senate Presidency by stating contemptuously that “a mere commissioner” could not summon him to a meeting. Mr. Osibanjo, a former commissioner in Lagos State, had sought to meet with Senator Saraki in order to resolve a crisis that arose from the latter’s scheme to outmaneuver his party, the APC.

Following Mr. Saraki’s emergence as Senate President in an election described by officials of the APC as irregular, Mr. Buhari had publicly accepted his triumph. Even so, the president has refused to do anything that would amount to a public validation of Mr. Saraki’s victory.

Two associates of Mr. Buhari told SaharaReporters that the president shared the APC’s dismay with Mr. Saraki’s alliance with the PDP to snatch up the top Senate post. “The fact of the matter is that the president [Mr. Buhari] will not abandon the party’s position altogether,” one of our sources said. Another added, “Mr. President [Buhari] has never been comfortable anyway with Dr. Saraki since [Mr. Saraki] is well known as a corrupt person who will try to hinder the administration’s fight against corruption.”

One source in the Senate told SaharaReporters that Senator Saraki, troubled by President Buhari’s refusal to meet with him, reached out to former President Olusegun Obasanjo to broker a truce with the president. The source said Mr. Saraki had used a personal friend, Andy Uba, a senator from Anambra State, to seek Mr. Obasanjo’s intervention to mend the cold rift with President Buhari. Mr. Uba, who served as a senior aide on domestic matters to Mr. Obasanjo, was one of the closest and most powerful associates of the former president.

A source at the Presidency told SaharaReporters that President Buhari was not impressed by Mr. Saraki’s reasons for colluding with the PDP to gain power as Senate President. “The way Senator Saraki colluded with the PDP to gain power through the backdoor, what prevents him from colluding against Buhari in the future? What prevents him from even working with certain political interests to get Mr. President impeached?” the source stated.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/19/why-buhari-has-refused-meet-saraki

It is possible that Buhari can make Nigeria stand tall again. I am beginning to be optimistic like other Nigerians that we voted in the right person to lead us. Saraki the PDP defector is in for a very big surprise. What he did is treacherous and he
should pay for it. I will advise him to resign now.

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by frankyychiji(f): 6:29am On Jun 20, 2015
modath:

Ali Ndume's nomination i believed was a ruse, but what if pdp had double crossed Saraki to clinch the Sp? DSP is fair enough for apc to swallow. Buhari may refuse to see Saraki one on one, but Saraki is a master of the game and his hold on what he has is strong.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by frankyychiji(f): 6:35am On Jun 20, 2015
free2ryhme:

It is possible that Buhari can make Nigeria stand tall again. I am beginning to be optimistic like other Nigerians that we voted in the right person to lead us. Saraki the PDP defector is in for a very big surprise. What he did is treacherous and he
should pay for it. I will advise him to resign now.
Pls At what point in your national history since independence have your country stood tall? Buhari is not the solution due to glaring inadequacies which makes him not capable of being a 21st century president. He was just used to return power to the north, if he is going to make any impact, its gonna be an attempt to rebuild NE

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by marked10(m): 6:39am On Jun 20, 2015
kkkk
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by funlord(m): 6:45am On Jun 20, 2015
islandmoon:
grin
islandmoon:

What do you mean? That he will also end up RICH? Is that bad?
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by HopeAtHand: 7:39am On Jun 20, 2015
Well, if you consider the fact that many non Lagosian yorubas have held different political offices and positions of trust, i may align with the Igbos that Lagos is a no mans land.

Pazienza
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:49am On Jun 20, 2015
Lushcream:
U don't know Bukola Saraki and Northern Politics .... U think this is Tinubu Political empire comprising Ambode, Aregbesola, Ajimobi and Amosun .....

Saraki may suffer images with the Tinubu's camp but with Northerners and Easterners (SS/SE) .... Saraki was their choice as far as He is the nemesis against Tinubu's camp.

Stop being naive. The price of PDP's support for Saraki is Ekweremadu as DSP. That long story about them nominating an APC senator for DSP just doesn't cut it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Xzevian(m): 8:11am On Jun 20, 2015
Let their be peace.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 20, 2015
londongal03:
Please I apologize for the inconveniences the
poster below me has just put you guys
through...
He just ran mad last week, and we have been
looking for him to chain him up and give him
his rabies drug... But dude disappeared with his
poor mother's phone, and is obviously now
using it to take his madness to an international
level ..... His condition is really dangerous
and contagious... please if you see him, Do not,
I repeat DO NOT TRY TO CAPTURE HIM ALIVE..
Please kill him and report back to his Family
members... His death certificate has already
been signed and sealed... Thanks and God
bless

Eeyah. my condolences
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Mamaflex(f): 8:46am On Jun 20, 2015
Na Buhari go meet Saraki abi Na Saraki go meet Buhari?
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=Lushcream post=34946483]U folks are just insensitive .... Did Tinubu not give ACN votes in Lagos to Jonathan, instead of Ribadu the flagbearer in 2011 ...... It was only Osun GEJ lost in the whole of SW.

There is no permanent enemy or friendship in Politics .... there is no Judas nor Jesus in Politics .... all what we have is Interest and Ideology .... ...... There is no political ideology in Nigeria ..... Tinubu also fell into the pit he fought PDP against in Tambuwal/Mulikat Adeola's saga.

Buhari has officially came out and announced to work with the constitutionally elected leadership of the National Assembly which is Saraki and Dogara ...... Abdsallam Abubakar has paid courtesy visit to the Senate President while the Senate President has also paid courtesy visit to Obasanjo and Atiku .....

even when Tinubu,Oyegun and LieMohammed were playing Opposition Politics in their ruling party..... Imagine

Saraki is the Senate President of Nigeria, he doesn't need to sought or court Buhari ..... when there is official business to be done or party resolution both of them will converge ... when there is not, each of them will maintain their official duty and responsibilities.

Tinubu has lost this one and he is keen on losing the next one .... this is not Regional/Southwest Politics.

Juventus na D champion of serie A as barca na champion of la liga but when dey meet for nuetral ground .... we sabi D champion of champions .... Tinubu should chill.

Saraki do not need to court Buhari .... both of them are check on one another and their romance will not be good for our Democracy .......

Buhari is a principled man and a true agent and leader of change unlike Tinubu, Lai Mohammed and Oyegun .... bunch of confused fellows.[/quote.]...I don't object to Saraki being the Senate President,I totally disagree with the manner he rose to the position.he is an APC boy,not an independent Senator.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 20, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Never trust a man that can betray/go against his family for politics...

Amaechi comes to mind!

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by kellytrips: 8:54am On Jun 20, 2015
Saraki..should move on......this is healthy for democracy the executive and parliament aren't suppose to be too friendly.....buhari should accept things the way they are, just like GEJ conceded

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by marked10(m): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2015
Dollard man, wen d time comes he will

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by mu2sa2: 8:56am On Jun 20, 2015
Bukola is unscrupulous, mean, dubious and dangerous. This guy can do anything for money and power. He looted societe general bank and ran it aground. As governor and dictator of kwara state, he dealt mercilessly with the state's treasury for eight years.After leaving office as governor efcc went for him, but trust the certified criminal, Bukola masterminded the mysterious fire at the state ministry of finance, which destroyed all records of his 8 thieving years as governor. Bukola fought and shamed his father just because he opposed Bukola's choice of the incumbent governor Ahmed, his "boy", as his successor. Given Bukola's capacity for thuggery, nobody dares him in kwara. So Buhari is well-advised to tame Bukola NOW

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by jerryunit48: 8:57am On Jun 20, 2015
sigmundfreud:
You mean someone like Amaechi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Kendumazy(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2015
make saraki go meet obasanjo 1 millions times.. That wont solve his problem.. Obj as well knew buhari is here to work.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by thaoriginator: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2015
Saraki the snitchy itchy bitchy piece of shyte cant be trusted

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by kenex4ever(m): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2015
Maxymilliano:
Buhar is taking this personal ...

don't even try believe saharadistorters.
Saraki does not need to visit buhari, he has already agreed to work with him so what's the for visiting him? Buhari is even among those dat planned Saraki's emergence.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by chesterlee(m): 9:04am On Jun 20, 2015
xcolanto:

You forgot AIT.....

Dude acts like a nauseating lady! #DogoYaro

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by dayo23(f): 9:04am On Jun 20, 2015
Saraki is a traitor, his political career is virtually over

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by katazozo: 9:08am On Jun 20, 2015
sigmundfreud:
But you trusted him when he betrayed PDP,even now you are still trusting Amaechi to be a stake holder in Buhari Government.APC una neva see something yet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by phranseeqz(m): 9:08am On Jun 20, 2015
Coming from Sahara reporters? These guys just should just stop thinking they can shape our thoughts. Btw, I see no reason why Saraki should be courting the president when with time, they'll reach a mutual understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Questions Asked By Governor Ayodele Fayose: Who Has Answers? / “missing” Bauchi Aircraft Lands In Nigeria (photo) / Military Reclaims Michika, Gulak, Uba Kills And Repels Insurgent From Vintim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.