Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki (37885 Views)

NLC, TUC Mock 2face Idibia As They Protest To Meet Saraki, Osinbajo / Meet Saraki's Henchman Who Masterminded The Power Outage During His CCT Trial / America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 20, 2015
This is bulsh.it story
haven't you guys noticed how saraki's wife is very close to Aisha Buhari and has appeared by her side in all her recent outings.
anybody who doesn't believe that Buhari has a hand in the emergence of Saraki is decieving himself.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by sweatlana: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2015
Lol Buhari supported saraki!

That's the plan truth.

Why on earth will Buhari allow tinubu to control the Senate?

Sahara reporters you can do better than this

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by lawal28c: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2015
Lushcream:
U folks are just insensitive .... Did Tinubu not give ACN votes in Lagos to Jonathan, instead of Ribadu the flagbearer in 2011 ...... It was only Osun GEJ lost in the whole of SW.

There is no permanent enemy or friendship in Politics .... there is no Judas nor Jesus in Politics .... all what we have is Interest and Ideology .... ...... There is no political ideology in Nigeria ..... Tinubu also fell into the pit he fought PDP against in Tambuwal/Mulikat Adeola's saga.

Buhari has officially came out and announced to work with the constitutionally elected leadership of the National Assembly which is Saraki and Dogara ...... Abdsallam Abubakar has paid courtesy visit to the Senate President while the Senate President has also paid courtesy visit to Obasanjo and Atiku .....

even when Tinubu,Oyegun and LieMohammed were playing Opposition Politics in their ruling party..... Imagine

Saraki is the Senate President of Nigeria, he doesn't need to sought or court Buhari ..... when there is official business to be done or party resolution both of them will converge ... when there is not, each of them will maintain their official duty and responsibilities.

Tinubu has lost this one and he is keen on losing the next one .... this is not Regional/Southwest Politics.

Juventus na D champion of serie A as barca na champion of la liga but when dey meet for nuetral ground .... we sabi D champion of champions .... Tinubu should chill.

Saraki do not need to court Buhari .... both of them are check on one another and their romance will not be good for our Democracy .......

Buhari is a principled man and a true agent and leader of change unlike Tinubu, Lai Mohammed and Oyegun .... bunch of confused fellows.
.........since d begining of d administration election campaign,av never read0a perfect and sensible comment like yours.u are indeed a perfect public administrators unlike diz other illitrates who go about causing chaos both on nairaland nd every oda social network.I just pray nigerians will grow wiser som day 2 knw d tru definition of politics and nt sentiment

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by alfred18: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2015
I see no reason why everybody in APC is criticising Saraki,being a senator he has every right to contest for senate president and to mingle with anyone in the senate...the president and APC should just let irrelevant matter die

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by stevecantrell: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Well, if you consider the fact that many non Lagosian yorubas have held different political offices and positions of trust, i may align with the Igbos that Lagos is a no mans land.

Pazienza

How does this correlate with the topic ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by dayo23(f): 9:14am On Jun 20, 2015
Lushcream:
There is no need to do further research , you are the one full of insinuations .... I don't hate Tinubu , he is the man that eject professionalism into Nigerian Political landscape but if Tinubu is preaching change .... the people of Nigeria need to ascertain whether Tinubu wanted to change Nigeria ni or he wanted to just change PDP.

Tinubu can't force candidates on the NASS the way PDP used to do and be preaching change ..........

The fact was :

APC members nominated Ali Ndume and they all voted for him while PDP members nominated Ekweremadu as PDP members were more on the floor, they voted Ekweremadu and he emerged the winner.

If all APC members were to converge at the ICC, the PDP members would have formed a quorum which requires just 38 members out of 49 PDP members and David Mark would have been elected unopposed ..... it is just a convention that the party with the majority members become the SP, it is not backed by the Constitution.

Buhari has abided by rule of law to allow NASS chose their leaders without interference as constitutionally required but Tinubu wanted to force candidates on the house .....

The Constitution state that NASS members should elect their principal leaders from among themselves and Buhari has complied , there is no section which provided for Tinubu or APC as a party to nominate consensus candidate for the NASS .....

why can't Tinubu and other APC leaders come out and explicitly make it clear that ty are not going to interfere in the leadership election of the NASS as Buhari did.

You can't preach change and stand to do it same way as being done before.
Buhari supported Saraki who told you that? Not interfering doesn't mean he was insupport, beside Lawan was never tinubu's choice Akume was, Lawan was party choice. Atiku was the one that plan the coup and he with saraki will surely pay for that. Just watch as event unfold, Tinubu has always been an opposition, he perfectly knows how to play the game

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by hansad: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2015
Op, you be real Local Champion if you truly believe that because Buhari says he shall fight corruption, therefore Saraki''s emergence as Senate president may hinder Buhari.

By the way between Buhari and Saraki, who is more corrupt than the other? Corrupt person in Nigeria is who was caught, those accused but who had connections close their cases.

Why must Saraki itch to meet with Buhari? This is a presidential system of government of checks and balances between the executive, legislature and judiciary.Buhari is heading his own - the executive, while Saraki is heading his own - the Legislature.
Op seems to believe that Buhari is leading a dictatorship.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by dayo23(f): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2015
sweatlana:
Lol Buhari supported saraki!

That's the plan truth.

Why on earth will Buhari allow tinubu to control the Senate?

Sahara reporters you can do better than this
Buhari supported Saraki? And why is saraki going to meet baba at ota? The fact is buhari never supported anybody,but the way saraki worked against his party was the problem. He was a complete traitor

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by pussygotlips: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2015
xcolanto:
The dura born is a kid! Keeping malice everywhere he goes.. He has malice with DSS, military, saraki, south-south, pdp.. Etc!
He seems only comfortable with west Germany, Michelle, chad, Niger, iman.. Etc

Shameful we have to deal with his pompous and high horse attitude for four years tho.. cry
i have been off for sometime time but only to come back and see "west Germany" trend,
please how do we come about this trend ?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by abtmaviz(m): 9:22am On Jun 20, 2015
Maxymilliano:
Buhar is taking this personal ...

Over personal and to come imagine he accepted in the open why over do things now abi
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by bobjay125: 9:22am On Jun 20, 2015
The point is,neva do urself wot odas cn do for u. It's one of d rules of power!
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 20, 2015
dayo23:
Buhari supported Saraki who told you that? Not interfering doesn't mean he was insupport, beside Lawan was never tinubu's choice Akume was, Lawan was party choice. Atiku was the one that plan the coup and he with saraki will surely pay for that. Just watch as event unfold, Tinubu has always been an opposition, he perfectly knows how to play the game
U people are exaggerating Tinubu .... na Ordinary ICC dey use defeated him. Tinubu is a regional lord. For Tinubu to be National Lord, he need Northerners Nigeria, South South and South East ........ The SS/SE opposed anything Tinubu and that is why Gbajabiamala lost ..... Gbajabiamila is better and more popular than Dogara but for Tinubu factor, he lost.

Saraki would have lost if not for Tinubu weakness in National Politics ....... Southwest is a section of Nigeria not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2015
lawal28c:
.........since d begining of d administration election campaign,av never read0a perfect and sensible comment like yours.u are indeed a perfect public administrators unlike diz other illitrates who go about causing chaos both on nairaland nd every oda social network.I just pray nigerians will grow wiser som day 2 knw d tru definition of politics and nt sentiment
God bless you sir.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by abtmaviz(m): 9:26am On Jun 20, 2015
hansad:
Op, you be real Local Champion if you truly believe that because Buhari says he shall fight corruption, therefore Saraki''s emergence as Senate president may hinder Buhari.

By the way between Buhari and Saraki, who is more corrupt than the other? Corrupt person in Nigeria is who was caught, those accused but who had connections close their cases.

Why must Saraki itch to meet with Buhari? This is a presidential system of government of checks and balances between the executive, legislature and judiciary.Buhari is heading his own - the executive, while Saraki is heading his own - the Legislature.
Op seems to believe that Buhari is leading a dictatorship.

Na who I go ask
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by sezsimon(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2015
I dnt want to believe dis sahara reporters on this but if it were to be true then I feel saraki should let buhari be since its all man for himself, buhari would soon start to lose his goodwill in the mind of nigerians because we never voted for him to go and be loyal to his party bt to nigerians so y are they taking this too far. Secondly there's ntin like treachery in wat saraki did because it was clear an individual was trying to tke control of d national assembly and if that should happen then there's ntin like change its as gud as calling NASS the Bourdillon Assembly, tinubu and Buhari did d same tin saraki did wit their former parties d AD and ANPP, aminu tambuwals case is still fresh on our mind n dis same ppl supported him against his party so y are they frowning. Lastly saraki should jst forget abt dis old men weneva they need him they'll call him rather than him begging them, he can do witout them bt they cnt do witout him.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by nortcentrallord(m): 9:29am On Jun 20, 2015
londongal03:
Please I apologize for the inconveniences the
poster below me has just put you guys
through...
He just ran mad last week, and we have been
looking for him to chain him up and give him
his rabies drug... But dude disappeared with his
poor mother's phone, and is obviously now
using it to take his madness to an international
level ..... His condition is really dangerous
and contagious... please if you see him, Do not,
I repeat DO NOT TRY TO CAPTURE HIM ALIVE..
Please kill him and report back to his Family
members... His death certificate has already
been signed and sealed... Thanks and God
bless

U just buried the poor dude slowly without killing him. grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by hansad: 9:30am On Jun 20, 2015
dayo23:
Buhari supported Saraki? And why is saraki going to meet baba at ota? The fact is buhari never supported anybody,but the way saraki worked against his party was the problem. He was a complete traitor

If ever Saraki feverishly sought to meet Buhari, it must not be to seek approval of Saraki's position as Senate president.

Buhari won election to become president directly from Nigerians votes, Saraki won Senate president position indirectly from the votes of those Nigerians elected to represent them.

So why must Saraki seek Buhari's approval?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 20, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Stop being naive. The price of PDP's support for Saraki is Ekweremadu as DSP. That long story about them nominating an APC senator for DSP just doesn't cut it.
Saraki would have still won if All APC members were present ........ PDP already backed him up right before the election but for the position of DSP, blame other APC members that went for useless meeting at the die hour.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by missKiffy(f): 9:32am On Jun 20, 2015
londongal03:
through...
bless
This is so uncalled for

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by alexlee50: 9:32am On Jun 20, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Never trust a man that can betray/go against his family for politics...
like amechi?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Bluepamex: 9:35am On Jun 20, 2015
katazozo:

But you trusted him when he betrayed PDP,even now you are still trusting Amaechi to be a stake holder in Buhari Government.APC una neva see something yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by lomprico(m): 9:36am On Jun 20, 2015
dustmalik:
Even as an ardent APC supporter, i never liked that Saraki for one second.
No! You are a yoruba man!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by pasun504(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2015
grin
sigmundfreud:
not betrayal @sigmundfreud, but a prodigal son's courtliness. Eager to come home.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by akoaki(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2015
Feranchek:

Bro, you just took the words outta my mouth!

Padi, just bone her biko. Na wannabe dey worrey am

Hey kid listen up angry , learn to respect those higher than you intellectually, you'll really benefit from them

Many nigerians neither appreciate nor respect intellectualism but are very good at adoring mediocrities and purse-leeches; one of the reasons for our backwardness. This has been well demonstrated on this platform.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by myklangelo(m): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2015
This Buhari too de act like woman sha... If he does not snub Obi he go snub Ada.

Saraki no mind am we hve validated you. We The Poeple!

My 3rd tutorial is out, it is on application of the Igbo vowel harmony. Visit to read.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Lanceslot(m): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Politics is a dirty game, you gotta play smart for you to win.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by elbaraj001(m): 9:47am On Jun 20, 2015
xcolanto:
The dura born is a kid! Keeping malice everywhere he goes.. He has malice with DSS, military, saraki, south-south, pdp.. Etc!
He seems only comfortable with west Germany, Michelle, chad, Niger, iman.. Etc

Shameful we have to deal with his pompous and high horse attitude for four years tho.. cry
I dnt blame u n I sincerely see no reason y I should...I just blame where u come from and as well as d kind of school u finished from.....

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by lomprico(m): 9:47am On Jun 20, 2015
londongal03:
through...
bless
Seun, lalasticlala, moderators; this fellow broke rule 2 and 3 by wishing a nairalander DEAD! And u allow the post to stand? I dnt get it, people have been banned for far less offence or by not even committing any offence or breaking any rule. Why are you biased like this or is it her profile pix that has charmed u guys. Am not advocating for a ban but at least hide d dame post!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by poiZon: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2015
dayo23:

u funny sha o, lawan be party choice, who i d leeader of the parrty?
tinubu!
akande. tinubu boy
john oyegun. tinubu boy
lai mo. tinubu boy
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by africanusvu(m): 9:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Godfather92:
ODE:ordinary differential Equation!!! If d guy belo u is ODE,Da min,He is a strong guy with senless spirit... Politicians, none of dem is fit or worth pity or opion of ordinary Nigerians, how I wish dey cud kill dem selves ovr dere,even pastors,men wo said they were called by God re now politicians... Oh God help us we d congregations
Boy o Boy,u remind me of those old days in FUTO,ODE,the ultimate terror of all Futoites in SEET
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2015
Saraki's comment about prof.osinbajo being a mere commissioner was not nice. Now it'll be difficult to face him confidently. We should be careful of what we utter from our mouth,once we say it,we can't take it back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Niger-Delta Avengers" Threaten To Bomb Lagos And Abuja - Madoch Agninibo / Peter Obi Explains The BVAS Every Nigerian Should Reconfigure / Deji Adeyanju Blasts Yorubas For Their Tribalism In Guber And HOA Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.