Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki (37884 Views)

NLC, TUC Mock 2face Idibia As They Protest To Meet Saraki, Osinbajo / Meet Saraki's Henchman Who Masterminded The Power Outage During His CCT Trial / America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by jaymichael(m): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2015
Nashoji:
is buhari not happy because the man is corrupt or because he called osibande a mere commissioner (which he is) or because he refused to be a slave like Some certain people from sad waste? Which of them is the reason Why buhari has refuse to meet with him? confused people.

DISCLAIMER: I expect some inconsequential demented fools from sad waste to qoute and attack me, but just bear it in mind that I will not honour such obnoxious fiend with a reply. thank you.
Yes,you are right, Osinbajo (was) a "mere" commissioner. In his legal career he reached the top (SAN). In his Academic discipline, he reached the PEAK (Professor of law). In his political service, he currently occupies the second most important office in Nigeria. (VP). Here is the CV and profile of the "mere" commissioner
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/professor-yemi-osinbajos-profile/
dailymail.com.ng/profile-biography-personal-data-curriculum-vitae-cv-of-professor-yemi-osibanjo/
Just paste here the CV of that one man or woman in your generation, your linage, family, kindred, village, community, local government, state or even your geo political zone that is equal to or more intimidating than that if the "mere" commissioner. We will compare and Nairalanders will judge.
NB: I no insult you o, no go think am.
http://dailymail.com.ng/profile-biography-personal-data-curriculum-vitae-cv-of-professor-yemi-osibanjo/

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by datribune: 11:40am On Jun 20, 2015
I trust PMB, a General to hav d wisdom, sagacity & tact to deal wit an id*ot like Saraki, an EFFC suspect. Going forward, it won't be long frm now b4 Saraki discovers dat his victory is a pyrrhic one. How can anyone, even his closest allies trust dis guy ever again wit what he did in d full glare of d whole nation.
d thing dat is worse than death is betrayal - Malcom X.
Saraki, ur time will come & it won't be long frm now.

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by ruffDiamond: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2015
lurther:
Saharareporters will try everything in their trick to report such a biased and unprofessional news just to make it seem as if Buhari is not in support of Saraki's emergence.

Have Buhari also met with Dogara the new House of Rep's speaker?
Sahareporters have not yet still recovered from the shock and bloodied-nose Saraki dealt Tinubu.

Why Tinubu and his media arms continue to live in denial and deceive people that Buhari is not in support of Saraki/Dogara's emergence, Atiku who is now Buharis's closest political Ally is doing the political dirty job for Buhari.

The Die is Cast. Tinubu should just remain abroad, because any further ploitcal-manuovering by him, will lead to his final Demise as a politician, even in the southwest.
When the gods want to kill you, they make you mad first. A word is enough for the wise. Tinubu take note.
yr useless South East proverbs don't amount to anything politically keep that sh.it back in ya animal kingdom village tinubu is the kinda politician ya whole disorganized confused bedlamic god forsaken region can never produce ngige should have rightl y become the senate President but y'all as usual voted him out of the position all because of y'all blinding hatred for the Yorubas and their leaders grin u people are just a pity even worse pathetic

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by spenca: 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
mach7:
rather, I will say: "bite the nuts you can chew" nice one though.

Thanks ,yours is more logical
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by HumbleFarmer(m): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
so he feel avoiding Saraki would save the reasons given?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by omonnakoda: 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
LocalChamp:
Mr. Uba, who served as a senior aide on domestic matters HOUSEBOY
to Mr. Obasanjo, was one of the closest and most powerful associates of the former president.

A source at the Presidency told SaharaReporters that President Buhari was not impressed by Mr. Saraki’s reasons for colluding with the PDP to gain power as Senate President. “The way Senator Saraki colluded with the PDP to gain power through the backdoor, what prevents him from colluding against Buhari in the future? What prevents him from even working with certain political interests to get Mr. President impeached?” the source stated.
http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/19/why-buhari-has-refused-meet-saraki
Eboes doing boyboy since 1759
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by RasheedBabaita(m): 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Well, if you consider the fact that many non Lagosian yorubas have held different political offices and positions of trust, i may align with the Igbos that Lagos is a no mans land.

Pazienza
wake up man u are a big time dreamer, u guys think u are d only people in Lagos, what about the Niger delta and northerners in Lagos so pls wake up from dreams... or can call Onitsha no mans land.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Rotimi47: 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
Sariki,Altiku and their supporters aint masses friendly that's why they did what they did; the APC progressives were trying to get the right people who are capable of working along side Buhari in such a way that every region in Nigeria will benefit greatly, South East/South South would have benefited more but the Northern caucus which don't really like those regions highjacked those positions to counter the intended developmental plan so that it will be in their own favour. Saraki! N
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Rotimi47: 1:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
Sariki,Altiku and their supporters aint masses friendly that's why they did what they did; the APC progressives were trying to get the right people who are capable of working along side Buhari in such a way that every region in Nigeria will benefit greatly, South East/South South would have benefited more but the Northern caucus which don't really like those regions highjacked those positions to counter the intended developmental plan so that it will be in their own interest. Saraki! N
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by RasheedBabaita(m): 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Well, if you consider the fact that many non Lagosian yorubas have held different political offices and positions of trust, i may align with the Igbos that Lagos is a no mans land.

Pazienza
wake up man u are a big time dreamer, u guys think u are d only people in Lagos, what about the Niger delta and northerners in Lagos so pls wake up from dreams... or can call Onitsha no mans land.
jeje123:
I thought as much indeed judas and betrayal of highest level
HopeAtHand:

Pazienza
wake up man u are a Morning sir, I just want to inform you that the detoxifying machine can detoxify 2 people at d same time,that why it as 2 screen on it. time dreamer, u guys think u are d only people in Lagos, what about the Niger delta and northerners in Lagos so pls wake up from ur dreams... or can i call Onitsha no mans land. That's business in politics my brother, at least he is a flexible politician with great business acumen.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by BABANGBALI: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
Finally the judas went looking for the man he called "a mere commissioner" saraki never start
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by BABANGBALI: 1:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
ruffDiamond:
yr useless South East proverbs don't amount to anything politically keep that sh.it back in ya animal kingdom village tinubu is the kinda politician ya whole disorganized confused bedlamic god forsaken region can never produce ngige should have rightl y become the senate President but y'all as usual voted him out of the position all because of y'all blinding hatred for the Yorubas and their leaders grin u people are just a pity even worse pathetic
God bless you,e ba mi bu won da da{help me abuse dem well well}

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by BABANGBALI: 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
datribune:
I trust PMB, a General to hav d wisdom, sagacity & tact to deal wit an id*ot like Saraki, an EFFC suspect. Going forward, it won't be long frm now b4 Saraki discovers dat his victory is a pyrrhic one. How can anyone, even his closest allies trust dis guy ever again wit what he did in d full glare of d whole nation.
d thing dat is worse than death is betrayal - Malcom X.
Saraki, ur time will come & it won't be long frm now.

he has forgotten all the skeletons in his cupboard,I'm sure they are already dsting his files. Very soon he will go down the drain like those before him

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by yaskarahyelhope(f): 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
Omotolu:
...Saraki is worse than Judas,he is the devil in Eve that took away the peace of the world...

D eve that gave birth to U. Av some respect!
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by BABANGBALI: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2015
LocalChamp:
“The way Senator Saraki colluded with the PDP to gain power through the backdoor, what prevents him from colluding against Buhari in the future? What prevents him from even working with certain political interests to get Mr. President impeached?” the source stated.[/b]

idodo oro ni yen
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
yaskarahyelhope:

D eve that gave birth to U. Av some respect!
...ok,ma'am...
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by islandmoon: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
Lushcream:
Saraki is not from Ogun state neither is he a southwesterner......... He is a middle belt Political Godfather of a whole state of Kwara .... Saraki is popular in the whole Northern Nigeria and Saraki is more popular, powerful, competent, Political, Diplomatic and connected than Bankole.

Comparing Saraki with Bankole is an insult.

is kwara state politically influential than ogun state? seem you are a Ghanian? the only state saraki can win for any party is kwara state in the south west, ask him, he knows too well.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by shomutuski(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
xcolanto:
The dura born is a kid! Keeping malice everywhere he goes.. He has malice with DSS, military, saraki, south-south, pdp.. Etc!
He seems only comfortable with west Germany, Michelle, chad, Niger, iman.. Etc

Shameful we have to deal with his pompous and high horse attitude for four years tho.. cry

After having to keep mute for over a month, One stupid rxn has made me comment. I see you have a B.sc in foolishness. You call a man of 72years over a kid?? Then based on my calculations, your father must be a toddler because am sure as hell he isn't upto that age. Why can't you see things in the light they appear, you guys just show bitterness at every given opportunity! It's not ur fault, I guess the cheap internet data and low cost android phone says a lot here. Pls I just want everybody to respect our elders, we going to be one someday... Receive sense and don't disgrace your family
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Edmomd(m): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
xcolanto:
The dura born is a kid! Keeping malice everywhere he goes.. He has malice with DSS, military, saraki, south-south, pdp.. Etc!
He seems only comfortable with west Germany, Michelle, chad, Niger, iman.. Etc

Shameful we have to deal with his pompous and high horse attitude for four years tho.. cry
Bros think very well before you talk. Are justifying irregularities?
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by worksmart(m): 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nigerians stop believing any news story until Buhari appears at his first press conferences since inauguration and confirms it.
modath:

Do you even understand the crux of the argument andd the reason PMB is upset

1.Did tambuwal pick a deputy from the then ACN

2. Why is dogara not having the same pr nightmare despite also going into coalition with pdp.

That PMB publicly accepted a fait accompli doesn't not mean he privately supports it!!

If saraki didn't need to court pmb, he wouldn't be running from pillar to post,he wishes he could undo the ekweremadu thing cos he is never ever going to live that down.

Saraki is presently suffering from an image and credibility issue based on his past corrupt practices that only a public acknowledgement from pmb can salvage.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Olayinkaoj(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
Lushcream:
U folks are just insensitive .... Did Tinubu not give ACN votes in Lagos to Jonathan, instead of Ribadu the flagbearer in 2011 ...... It was only Osun GEJ lost in the whole of SW.

There is no permanent enemy or friendship in Politics .... there is no Judas nor Jesus in Politics .... all what we have is Interest and Ideology .... ...... There is no political ideology in Nigeria ..... Tinubu also fell into the pit he fought PDP against in Tambuwal/Mulikat Adeola's saga.

Buhari has officially came out and announced to work with the constitutionally elected leadership of the National Assembly which is Saraki and Dogara ...... Abdsallam Abubakar has paid courtesy visit to the Senate President while the Senate President has also paid courtesy visit to Obasanjo and Atiku .....

even when Tinubu,Oyegun and LieMohammed were playing Opposition Politics in their ruling party..... Imagine

Saraki is the Senate President of Nigeria, he doesn't need to sought or court Buhari ..... when there is official business to be done or party resolution both of them will converge ... when there is not, each of them will maintain their official duty and responsibilities.

Tinubu has lost this one and he is keen on losing the next one .... this is not Regional/Southwest Politics.

Juventus na D champion of serie A as Barcelona na champion of la liga but when dey meet for nuetral ground .... we sabi D champion of champions .... Tinubu should chill.

Saraki do not need to court Buhari .... both of them are check on one another and their romance will not be good for our Democracy .......

Buhari is a principled man and a true agent and leader of change unlike Tinubu, Lai Mohammed and Oyegun .... bunch of confused fellows.

This man is a real political analyst. He described the clear picture of what is going on.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Najatu: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
Bukola might end up like IBO zoning during Obasanjo era
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Volksfuhrer(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
Lushcream:
Saraki would have still won if All APC members were present ........ PDP already backed him up right before the election but for the position of DSP, blame other APC members that went for useless meeting at the die hour.

Whether APC senators were busy chopping amala or not, the deal was for Ekweremadu to emerge as DSP. The same coalition that gave Saraki the SP also suffices for Ekweremadu's emergence as DSP. If you agree that Saraki would have won even if the other APC senators had been present, why do you now think the presence of these APC senators would have kept Ekweremadu from becoming DSP. The deal had already been cut. Saraki for SP; Ekweremadu for DSP. Blaming the heist on absentee APC senators is BS.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by xcolanto(m): 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
pussygotlips:

i have been off for sometime time but only to come back and see "west Germany" trend,
please how do we come about this trend ?

The event that brought fort to being "west Germany" happened in a far away land called Dura, located in the northern hemisphere of Nigeria, where the following transpired

* The dura born is loaded on a plane for the purpose of tourism, his newly fond hobby*
Then the following conversation ins-hewed :

Dura born : oga pilelot! Let us go
Pilot : where to sir
Dura born : abroad
Pilot : *rolls eyes* and thinks (this dura dullard self) where exactly sir
Dura born : let me call Michelle and know where she is

*dullapo picks up phone and calls Michelle*

Dura born : michelle! Where are you
michelle : who is this
Dura born : it is I! He who promised to make Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ
michelle : who??
Dura born : i, who said the dogs and baboons shall soak in blood
michelle : oh! You that said abacha never stole and is not corrupt right ??
Dura born : exactly, you remember me perfectly
Dura born : where are you

*michelle Is interrupted to more pressing issues*

michelle : wait

*dura born isn't paying attention as he takes photos and hears west*

Dura born : west!!

*michelle isn't paying attention and replies*

michelle : Germany

*dullapo couldn't wait to jet out, cuts the phone*

Dura born : pilelot
Pilot : sir
Dura born : we are going to meet Michelle of west Germany
Pilot : ok sir

*pilot laughs, shakes head and says to himself, this old man no go kill person oh!!*

You are welcome pussygotlips cool
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by kuchikau: 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
This president is a kid...simple
keping malice everywhere...wat a foolish man

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by kuchikau: 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2015
President Buhari..the duara dullard

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
you are wrong sir, you must not always play politics this way. if you are interested in any position ,inform the leadership of your party if they accept ,fine ,if they dont ,then there is nothing you can do , party interest first
ayokunlei:

pple lik u calling Saraki names are just learner, dats d meaning of Politics. All na politics, if na Buhari self, shey him no go play it out abi?
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by naira0(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2015
Interesting
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by agoro2u: 5:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
LocalChamp:
Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKJUN 19, 2015

President Muhammadu Buhari has refused to meet one-on-one with Senator Bukola Saraki two weeks after the latter connived with top officials of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to win the post of Senate President in a move that both stunned and angered the hierarchy of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

SaharaReporters learned that Senator Saraki had made several overtures to get a private meeting with Mr. Buhari, to no avail. One source revealed that Mr. Saraki’s latest attempt was to follow the president to his hometown of Daura in Katsina State to take in the commencement of the Islamic Ramadan period. The president reportedly rebuffed the move.

Following President Buhari’s rebuff, Mr. Saraki reportedly arranged a quiet visit to Vice President Yemi Osibanjo to apologize for an insulting remark he had made in the heat of his high-stakes maneuver to win the leadership of the Senate by striking an alliance with the PDP. Top APC officials claimed that Mr. Saraki had turned down an invitation by VP Osibanjo to discuss his contentious pursuit of the Senate Presidency by stating contemptuously that “a mere commissioner” could not summon him to a meeting. Mr. Osibanjo, a former commissioner in Lagos State, had sought to meet with Senator Saraki in order to resolve a crisis that arose from the latter’s scheme to outmaneuver his party, the APC.

Following Mr. Saraki’s emergence as Senate President in an election described by officials of the APC as irregular, Mr. Buhari had publicly accepted his triumph. Even so, the president has refused to do anything that would amount to a public validation of Mr. Saraki’s victory.

Two associates of Mr. Buhari told SaharaReporters that the president shared the APC’s dismay with Mr. Saraki’s alliance with the PDP to snatch up the top Senate post. “The fact of the matter is that the president [Mr. Buhari] will not abandon the party’s position altogether,” one of our sources said. Another added, “Mr. President [Buhari] has never been comfortable anyway with Dr. Saraki since [Mr. Saraki] is well known as a corrupt person who will try to hinder the administration’s fight against corruption.”

One source in the Senate told SaharaReporters that Senator Saraki, troubled by President Buhari’s refusal to meet with him, reached out to former President Olusegun Obasanjo to broker a truce with the president. The source said Mr. Saraki had used a personal friend, Andy Uba, a senator from Anambra State, to seek Mr. Obasanjo’s intervention to mend the cold rift with President Buhari. Mr. Uba, who served as a senior aide on domestic matters to Mr. Obasanjo, was one of the closest and most powerful associates of the former president.

A source at the Presidency told SaharaReporters that President Buhari was not impressed by Mr. Saraki’s reasons for colluding with the PDP to gain power as Senate President. “The way Senator Saraki colluded with the PDP to gain power through the backdoor, what prevents him from colluding against Buhari in the future? What prevents him from even working with certain political interests to get Mr. President impeached?” the source stated.

Who is this Journalist that gather this news? From which institution did U graduated from?
U are addressing the President of FRN as "Mr Buhari" & Doctorate holder (Dr Saraki) as "Mr Saraki" , all ur context is full of "source say" no direct report. Is these what journalism is all abt?
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Vikto: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
This so-called Saraki has been a traitor from time and this is not the time to change. Watch what he's going to do to APC in the next 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by 4everGrand(m): 8:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
handsomeclouds:
The problems should be resolved, but Baba should keep SINator sakakiri at arms length

@bolded, very funny.
Re: Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
LocalChamp:
Why Buhari Has Refused To Meet Saraki

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKJUN 19, 2015

President Muhammadu Buhari has refused to meet one-on-one with Senator Bukola Saraki two weeks after the latter connived with top officials of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to win the post of Senate President in a move that both stunned and angered the hierarchy of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

SaharaReporters learned that Senator Saraki had made several overtures to get a private meeting with Mr. Buhari, to no avail. One source revealed that Mr. Saraki’s latest attempt was to follow the president to his hometown of Daura in Katsina State to take in the commencement of the Islamic Ramadan period. The president reportedly rebuffed the move.

Following President Buhari’s rebuff, Mr. Saraki reportedly arranged a quiet visit to Vice President Yemi Osibanjo to apologize for an insulting remark he had made in the heat of his high-stakes maneuver to win the leadership of the Senate by striking an alliance with the PDP. Top APC officials claimed that Mr. Saraki had turned down an invitation by VP Osibanjo to discuss his contentious pursuit of the Senate Presidency by stating contemptuously that “a mere commissioner” could not summon him to a meeting. Mr. Osibanjo, a former commissioner in Lagos State, had sought to meet with Senator Saraki in order to resolve a crisis that arose from the latter’s scheme to outmaneuver his party, the APC.

Following Mr. Saraki’s emergence as Senate President in an election described by officials of the APC as irregular, Mr. Buhari had publicly accepted his triumph. Even so, the president has refused to do anything that would amount to a public validation of Mr. Saraki’s victory.

Two associates of Mr. Buhari told SaharaReporters that the president shared the APC’s dismay with Mr. Saraki’s alliance with the PDP to snatch up the top Senate post. “The fact of the matter is that the president [Mr. Buhari] will not abandon the party’s position altogether,” one of our sources said. Another added, “Mr. President [Buhari] has never been comfortable anyway with Dr. Saraki since [Mr. Saraki] is well known as a corrupt person who will try to hinder the administration’s fight against corruption.”

One source in the Senate told SaharaReporters that Senator Saraki, troubled by President Buhari’s refusal to meet with him, reached out to former President Olusegun Obasanjo to broker a truce with the president. The source said Mr. Saraki had used a personal friend, Andy Uba, a senator from Anambra State, to seek Mr. Obasanjo’s intervention to mend the cold rift with President Buhari. Mr. Uba, who served as a senior aide on domestic matters to Mr. Obasanjo, was one of the closest and most powerful associates of the former president.

This might be the beginning of the end for this guy called Saraki. He may be smart but he has little experience. He was very desperate for that position because of his unending passion to become Nigeria's president in the future. Now he has got it but rushing in now may be a prerequisite to rushing out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Niger-Delta Avengers" Threaten To Bomb Lagos And Abuja - Madoch Agninibo / Joe Igbokwe Pulls Down Post On ‘Wike Visiting Tinubu In France’ / Peter Obi Explains The BVAS Every Nigerian Should Reconfigure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.