Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,406 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out (49228 Views)

Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by xreal: 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
fejicruz:
It seems to me that Ben Murray Bruce is the Senator representing Twitter Senatorial District.

Seeking unnecessary attention; using social media platform as a tool.

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by Emyogalanya: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
Now lets analyse ur points we learnt bullshit in school yet mine and ur children will still be sent there to do what repeat our own mistake if ur reasoning is right then no need to send our kids to school the only point in ur post is that of the enabling environment the last time i checked enabling environment does not translate into cash one author i know once said, and i quote: "that anyone have the chance to prosper in america but living inside america does not guarantee that you will prosper" meaning you need cash apart from that environment to thrive check out most of these big men started with scraps and made it most igbo biz was started with less than 20£ after the war now look where we are if as a graduate u got 500k plus ur allowee and maybe small funds you can raise why wont u be able to move on except u have managerial problems or u just want to start competing with dangote at once
naijainfogalery:
if i ask you a question can you genuinely answer? have you ever started a business before? For you info, i have started quite a few and have had to close down some, the truth is most of the things you learnt in school is almost bullshiit, you wont get to understand until you come to the real world. Im not saying they have no idea all im saying is give them the enabling environment not money,
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by toprealman: 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
olanshi:

it is VERY possible,500K IS NOT too much considering HOW MUCH OF OUR MONEY SHARED BY A SELECT FEW ...*the funds looted by Nigerian government is enough to foot such bills.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by azidomedogo: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
92% of them will buy an I-phone with it.my 2cent
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by vislabraye(m): 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
Cyriloha:

brother I don't mean to insult you buh us the brain God gave you to think okay that will improve the rate of embezzlement because there will be lots of Ghost Corp members. ...just watch out

What's ur problem. Don't you understand sarcasm ?
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by vislabraye(m): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
sixtus3606:

Ole, onye oshi...barawo!!
My candid advice to you is for you to better go enroll for a vocational training. Because #NoJob and it's all a #500kScam

tongue . It's just sarcasm.
Afterall unemployed youths were promised 5k per month. 500k is very unrealistic.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by corjiakor(m): 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
tutulatata:
for those who did not attend university, they might also get easy jobs E.g Driving job or security offices job so calm ur nerves.

So those who already graduated will remain unemployed?

If they cann't create jobs, let them share the money to everyone.

The most important thing now if he really interested for the welfare of Nigerians, let him propose a bill to reduce the NASS salary by 50%.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by kodded(m): 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
forreelinc:
grin lol see nigerians, you people just enjoy suffering, na still una wey dey shout unemployment this, poverty that now someone is bringing up a suggestion and you're shooting it down
How do you want to solve unemployment without teaching people to be entrepreneurs?

It's a nice idea what I will suggest tho is that they extend the training to cover entrepreneurial skills as well as investment skills and at the end of the year give the 500k to only those who present plausible business plans/ideas that revolve around community development(no be say you go use money open rice and beans shop or record studio), of course the 500k should be a loan so they can take their businesses a lot more seriously.

if you read his tweet you will realize that he clearly said the bolded part........infact he said the entrepreneurial skills training will be for 1 year

Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by AliyNumbers: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
That will completely crash the economy. Everyone can't be an entrepreneur. The system is designed to only function with some needing jobs and some creating them. Only too much money starts flowing it will lead to an economic mess. Even an OND graduate knows that. Unless you are into fairy-tale dreams that deceives. Plus where will the government fund such unreasonable project from? Even America and Britain combined can't fund such a project and not go under in 10 years.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by modupe2: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
Is Bruce really thinking the N500k can multiply with the present depleted infrastructural facilities/amenities in the country? You don't expect boost in manufacturing and production sectors in the absence of supporting facilities requisite to production. He should talk about that first
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by Revolva(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
trigar12:
It's a good idea, but I know they would not pass the bill. But alaye Bruce, stop doing all talking on twitter, lemme start hearing your voice when nass starts fully next week

Don't you watch silverbird tv his tv station he usually makes some minutes speeches everyday...not only on twitter...

This man is the kind of 21st century leaders we need not all those old schuul pot belly selfish leaders that have been ruling us....500k that's is truth they deserve more..but it should not be up to 500k cos of management of the nation's money...thumbs up bruce
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by ogundeleai(m): 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
Xtracoool:
Mr Murray Bruce sounding out of sync as usual. cry First, Electric car in an electric-less Nigeria. And now 500k for every corps member upon passing out, in a cash strapped Nigeria. Mr Bruce you better deactivate that you twitter account before you hurt yourself angry
Those that accuse the man of psyche Nigerians migth be rigth afterall.. Today is cutting down allowance, tommorow is paying osun workers and next is asking for 0.5m to corpers. In the new 8th senate we are likely to winess comedians rather than determine individual

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by Emyogalanya: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
And talking about enabling environment does america not have it but do you know how many millions of them our dangote otedola adenuga ibeto innoson etc is better than ? They are all operating under this same UNenabling environment of ours yet they made it If u know how bad there economy was then, u'll begin to appreciate the saying "think what you can do for america....." the ppl went to work and created and enabling environment for themselves all over the world private sector rules in biz. For example i'm a testimony when my fiancee graduated i had no money she saved her allowee and gave me 100k of it i sourced for other funds and got 200k making it 300k i'm talking of 2012 right now i've married her officially (not halve o) i've a building going on in the villa and she is not even working all in less than 3yrs and i still have some cash in bank tomorrow some ppl will call me ritualist abi? Even fly i no kill CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE AND SEE WHAT DRIVES ME ON
naijainfogalery:
if i ask you a question can you genuinely answer? have you ever started a business before? For you info, i have started quite a few and have had to close down some, the truth is most of the things you learnt in school is almost bullshiit, you wont get to understand until you come to the real world. Im not saying they have no idea all im saying is give them the enabling environment not money,
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by forreelinc(m): 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
kodded:

if you read his tweet you will realize that he clearly said the bolded part........infact he said the entrepreneurial skills training will be for 1 year

I believe that's why I used the words extend, as well as and topped it up with investment skills

undecided or were those also in the tweet?
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by naijainfogalery: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
thats the exact thing im saying, you used your own money right? then your finace;'s money but if someone had randomly given you that money without your own input you might have failed i bet
Emyogalanya:
And talking about enabling environment does america not have it but do you know how many millions of them our dangote otedola adenuga ibeto innoson etc is better than ? They are all operating under this same UNenabling environment of ours yet they made it If u know how bad there economy was then, u'll begin to appreciate the saying "think what you can do for america....." the ppl went to work and created and enabling environment for themselves all over the world private sector rules in biz. For example i'm a testimony when my fiancee graduated i had no money she saved her allowee and gave me 100k of it i sourced for other funds and got 200k making it 300k i'm talking of 2012 right now i've married her officially (not halve o) i've a building going on in the villa and she is not even working all in less than 3yrs and i still have some cash in bank tomorrow some ppl will call me ritualist abi? Even fly i no kill CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE AND SEE WHAT DRIVES ME ON
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by NewsHub: 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
lawanson44:
[size=18pt]Daura President and his Down Syndrome Commissioner Osubande are too daft to think about this kind of thing! Nice One Ben! cool[/size]
If you call my president and vice daft and Ben Bruce smart for this "unintelligent" suggestion, then it shows who is actually daft. So you think giving N500, 000 to a young man or girl that has no single plan or business idea is a good idea? Majority of graduates that go for NYSC see it as a place to have what i call "useless" fun with only a few having plans to start their own business.

After wasting their time chasing after guys and girls, they get back to their senses few days to POP. That's when most of them start asking the question "what next"? It would be a bad idea to give all outgoing corpers that amount.

What i would rather suggest is for the new APC led government to continue the YouWin programme started by GEJ but with some changes. Let a segment of YouWin be targeted at Youth corp members so the suggested 500,000 and even more could be given to outgoing corpers with viable business ideas.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by babadoo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
Good suggestion Mr Senator. But i believe if you focus on your respinsibilities as Senator, nigeria will definitely move forward. Stop making suggestions in the social meant and media house. If you are really serious chanel it to the right authorities.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by babtunns(m): 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
[b][/b][/color][color=#770077]

Bruce! sorry u wanna cause inflation abi? such an idea can't just happen in a developing country like ours
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by millionboi(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
U tink 500 wil do dat 4u?
keyzid:
This is actually a welcomed development. I must say. I love this cheesy. At least, if ah finish now, I go use that money travel comot nija grin grin.....
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
It is a welcomed development. But Nigerian politicians are only good in paper work.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by Deltagiant: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
The South Easterners have such a tradition - very old - to the extent their youths are the most financially independent in the country

Ekiti government is already looking at the eastern model too

Love it
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by pipolad(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
olobe ni e
lawanson44:
[size=18pt]Daura President and his Down Syndrome Commissioner Osubande are too daft to think about this kind of thing! Nice One Ben! cool[/size]
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by Deltagiant: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
millionboi:

If you can't manage 500K, so also would 10 Million not do

It's all about self discipline and skill...start small and build big
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by onlyifyouknow: 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
No matter how Mr Ben is perceived, I am really in full support of his position on our political affairs. Someone must have to start talking and the people being sensitized. Sen. Ben, please keep up your good work, they can call you all sorts of names but don't ever be deterred.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
millionboi:
Nope. Because it will serve as a push up to whatever cash on ground.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by peeta89(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
SUBMARINE:
1 Million Naira is better. cool
You never see 500k u dey talk of 1m...small small ooo.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by peeta89(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
SUBMARINE:
1 Million Naira is better. cool
you never see 500k u dey talk of 1m...small small ooo.
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by funmilade4real(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
Not in this country
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by millionboi(m): 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
D Guy say if thy giv m him go use m process visa,travel out
Deltagiant:

If you can't manage 500K, so also would 10 Million not do

It's all about self discipline and skill...start small and build big
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by sixtus3606(m): 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
vislabraye:

tongue . It's just sarcasm.
Afterall unemployed youths were promised 5k per month. 500k is very unrealistic.
Oga forget am! All our so-called politicians have hidden/underground agenda!

Ever heard of the word "shine your eye"??
Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by eddiebomba(m): 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ben Bruce may mean well for the youth of this country - I don't doubt that - but I'm afraid his proposal is a bit misguided.

To start with, how many corpers does this country churn out every year - 100,000, maybe more, & increasing every year? At N500,000 per head, off d top of my head, that translates to about N50 bn a year just to settle corpers - & I don't think education as a whole in this country gets even barely more than that amount. Misplaced priorities, it seems to me.

Secondly, this proposed policy of giving Corpers that large amount of free money will subject the NYSC to a gold rush of epic proportions - & believe you me, from my limited knowledge of history, gold rushes have never been beneficial to the masses. Trust me, with the highly corrupt, manipulative nature of the average Nigerian, every Tom, dick, Harry & Jane who has no business with the corps will quadruple the earlier figure of corpers' population, overbloating the already bloated system leading to its collapse cos the funds will not be sufficient to sustain the farce - not to talk of all the unscrupulous people forming fraudulent rackets & milking the system dry.

Thirdly, I may be wrong, but it seems Ben Bruce is under the assumption that everyone should be an entepreneur; to me that's wrong - it's just like insisting that all footballers should be strikers! Entepreneurship isn't for everyone - what about the other sectors that are even more vital to economic growth in any country: the power sector, which requires trained technicians; infrastructural development, where we need our architects & civil engineers; agriculture, where we need people who can ensure our food security; mines & industry, which need effective manpower to drive the rapid development we so desperately need; and most of all, our educational system, especially research into science & technology that will put us at the forefront of innovation and development which will set this country on the road to unrivalled greatness - is he saying we don't have people among our graduates who have such callings or more? Or is he saying that the only thing we need to know is how to make money on an individual level? What this country actually needs is for people to be encouraged to do what they studied to become, & then build on that to a business level if necessary, while contributing to the development of our society. In other words, if you want to be a doctor, be a doctor; if you want to be an engineer, be an engineer; if your calling is to be a farmer, be the best farmer you can be, & then one can think of turning it into a lucrative business that can set you for life.

In other words, Nigeria doesn't need a gold rush - we need a 'new deal', a la Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Cheers. cool

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Wants NYSC Members To Be Given N500k Each Upon Passing Out by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
if i get this money i go use am take blast grin 1 bebe

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Images Of The Rescue Team Of Atiku In Edo / Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong / Doyin Okupe Spotted In A Keke Napep In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.