Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) (71643 Views)

Please What Can I Use For My Skin That Harshly Reacts To Mosquito Bite / Man Escapes Death After An Insect Bite In Rivers State (Photos) / Female Medical Doctor Dies In Warri After Her Return From Ukraine. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by cao(f): 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
The headline is very misleading, but I find the story of her dying from Malaria believable, you'd be surprised how it can be misdiagnosed as the flu by foreign doctors. Her hospital failed her, they obviously didn't ask the right questions.

EDIT: I see the headline has been changed...
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
ziccoit:
Where is the autopsy report? Malaria that don de my body since and sometimes don't care to take medicine. Proudly African. RiP.

Malaria kills undecided. If she had been rightly diagnosed the first time, she might have survived.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Malaria/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Bee4me(m): 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
Funny headline, funny content ....
Infact, the details do not tally with the headline. Something is wrong with the news. As for the dead, RIP.
Is Nigeria that Bad dat they have to mark us with evil? As for the Malaria of a thing, it shows that turkey is incompetent medically.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Spells(m): 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
Lwkmd... Mosquito wey b like daily bread for naija na him mud oyinbo woman.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by bigfrancis21: 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
pleiades45:
racist mosquito

LMAO!

This is soo funny.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Insidous:

Malaria can killundecided
With the level of development of their country?
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by xamoohel(m): 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
[color=#000000][/color]d woman no sharp jhare.....
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Sundaden: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
She was 1st diagnosed of Flu 2ce? what is the proof that she died of Malaria. cheesy
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by sniper77(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
oyinbo no strong.dia immune system na zero.me e don tey wey I buy insecticide last.every night I dey host blood party for mosquitoes. as dem dey suck my blood na so dem dey die.Plane crash no fit kill d hostess but na tiny mosquito execute the woman.kudos to the Nigerian mosquito.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
PointB:
Ordinary Malaria that is bread and butter here? undecided undecided

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by EnimeBassey(m): 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
PointB:
. She picked it from here na. If she had complained on time , P-Alaxin don cure her one time.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by obaede: 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by donhils: 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
PointB:
According to WHO, malaria kills over 580,000 people out of about 19million cases worldwide annually with about 90% of it occurring in Africa. Malaria causes the loss of an estimated $12billion in Africa yearly, so I don't know what's bread and butter about it.
Malaria kills, kill mosquitoes; sleep under insecticide treated nets always. Use artemisinin based combination therapy when down wit malaria.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
"Nigerian mosquito bites" so Nigeria has its own special type of mosquito bites,okk oo.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by ziccoit: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
Insidous:

Malaria kills undecided. If she had been rightly diagnosed the first time, she might have survived.

Yes I knew. It kills those that have not exposed to the infection very fast unless diagnosis is prompt and right with treatment commenced immediately. Africans are rugged against malaria infection because of repeated exposure except for pregnant women and children.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Tycike: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
The Nigeria capital is Abuja not Lagos. This story get k leg.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by otiigba1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
allycat:
Malaria is a deadly disease to people that do not have immunity. In children it is one of the top causes of death in the sub Saharan region because of their lack of immunity. The average adult Nigerian has been exposed and developed such immunity that's why it doesn't kill us so easily. Ask any Nigerian abroad who has been diagnosed with malaria especially in the UK and Europe,they are quarantined and treated as if they have a mild form of Ebola. Evenamongst pregnant adult Nigerian women malaria related deaths are not uncommon.
very true, had an encounter meself, luckily i made it, am worried though because am planing to take me son 3 years old mixed raced to nigeria this xmas this news have now got me even more worried
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by beyoncausme: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
henhen...only malaria abiii...
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by jadajada: 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Kweenliz007(f): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Mosquito na mosquito o Nigeria no dey make any
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by PointB: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Insidous:

Yes Malaria kill, but I've been infected with Malaria (parasite) uncountable times in my not very long lifespan, yet here I stand. Hardly is there any Nigerian who can't self diagnose malaria (not that it's right). So if she couldn't be diagnosed properly the first time, I begin to wonder the kind of hospital they have in turkey. Or didn't she tell them she visited West Africa?

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by otiigba1(m): 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Malaria in non-immune people can be deadly.

For Turkish....and any foreign people.

This could have been prevented by taking a daily dose of preventive meds while in Nigeria.
please do you have any idea on what the preventive medicines are?
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by olapluto(m): 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
redcliff:

there are some diseases that are not in europe and therefore they do not really always go that area in terms of treatment and medication. Malaria most especially. Its easier for non-africans to die of malaria because the doctors sometimes dont even test for it because it because its not even in their books. so I truly believe this case.
Malaria has been known in Europe for a long long time. Turkey is at risk of malaria itself. Although the risk is low, there are certainly cases of malaria contacted inside Turkey. If I travel to Turkey, I can get bitten by a mosquito and get malaria. The risk is just lower than in Nigeria.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by otiigba1(m): 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
obailala:

Malaria can be extremely deadly for foreigners who don't have the immunity. Even though we Africans have the immunity in our bodies, malaria still remains one of the deadliest killers in Africa.

Furthermore, unlike in Africa where you can easily get a malaria drug from a chemist, malaria drugs are not readily available in climes where malaria isn't a problem. As you can read from the report, the lady was misdiagnosed severally before she was eventually diagnosed for malaria (when it was already too late).

Absolutely!

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
allycat:
Malaria is a deadly disease to people that do not have immunity. In children it is one of the top causes of death in the sub Saharan region because of their lack of immunity. The average adult Nigerian has been exposed and developed such immunity that's why it doesn't kill us so easily. Ask any Nigerian abroad who has been diagnosed with malaria especially in the UK and Europe,they are quarantined and treated as if they have a mild form of Ebola. Evenamongst pregnant adult Nigerian women malaria related
deaths are not uncommon.

Quarantine ke,She died becuase she has been sick maybe malaria contributed but neccessarily malaria that killed her
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by PecE2Make: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
And this happened in Lagos.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
kokoA:
Na wah o.. Malaria don start to kill to

Lol! You no know before? Na cos we get the medicine and strong immune system for here, that's why e no dey too worry! But for turkey, dem no even sabi do malaria and typhoid test, talk of to get the medicine.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by olapluto(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
obailala:

Malaria can be extremely deadly for foreigners who don't have the immunity. Even though we Africans have the immunity in our bodies, malaria still remains one of the deadliest killers in Africa.

Furthermore, unlike in Africa where you can easily get a malaria drug from a chemist, malaria drugs are not readily available in climes where malaria isn't a problem. As you can read from the report, the lady was misdiagnosed severally before she was eventually diagnosed for malaria (when it was already too late).

In Turkey, they should be very familiar with malaria. Iraq is nextdoor to them. Also, within Turkey, there is a malaria risk, albeit low.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by LadyH(f): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
olapluto:
What a silly news. She died in Turkey as a result of illness. This has nothing to do with Nigeria. Malaria is not a new disease. If Turkish hospitals cannot treat malaria, na dem kill her.
These 1kobo blogs self.
you seritol. grin
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by ZahraBuhari(f): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
How did they know the mosquito is from Nigeria?

Was it wearing Nigerian jersey? Or did it speak yoruba or Igbo?

These people should stop spoiling our country's name and go find what killed this lady angry sad
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Olarewajusaliu(m): 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
R.i.p
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Olarewajusaliu(m): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
R.i.p[color=#550000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

74 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Kano Confirmed By Governor Ganduje / Coronavirus: Panda Supermarket, Abuja Shut Down By FG / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.