Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) (71659 Views)

Please What Can I Use For My Skin That Harshly Reacts To Mosquito Bite / Man Escapes Death After An Insect Bite In Rivers State (Photos) / Female Medical Doctor Dies In Warri After Her Return From Ukraine. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by seunny4lif(m): 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
princejayboss:

My dear.... Try go hospital here and complain malaria... They will not just arrest you.. You may not see the day sun again in a very near future
I told a doctor here dat am having malaria becos I knw the symptoms of malaria...The doctor jst started laughing,telling me no such thing like malaria here,say na jst change of weather dey affect me.....

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by PointB: 2:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
oboman:

What an insensitive and ignorant post!

Malaria ( a tropical disease) is less common or even unheard of is non tropical countries and often misdiagnosed as flu.

She died because of misdiagnosis just like you the bread and butterdude could die if you don't seek quick medical help.

That's my point. The person who misdiagnosed her caused her death; Malaria is quite easy to diagnose, and easy to manage.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by PointB: 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
donhils:

According to WHO, malaria kills over 580,000 people out of about 19million cases worldwide annually with about 90% of it occurring in Africa. Malaria causes the loss of an estimated $12billion in Africa yearly, so I don't know what's bread and butter about it.
Malaria kills, kill mosquitoes; sleep under insecticide treated nets always. Use artemisinin based combination therapy when down wit malaria.

We know all that.

Malaria mostly kill poor or ignorant people. Not airline staff who can afford proper diagnosis and treatment.

If Malaria is death sentence, I would have died many times over.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by bioladudu: 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
The Airline knew that we have mosquitoes in Africa .......... Am sure there is more to the story flying around
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by redsun(m): 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
Malaria is dangerous. If it doesn't kill you,it stunts the brain at the long run and that could explain why you guys don't think straight.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by dozzy001(m): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nigerianz rugged
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by MOORCHMOORE(m): 2:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
[size=14][color=#h00677]Abeg I wan see the mosquito, make I knw whether na syringe, straw or water hose e take dey suck her?[/size][/color]
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Ashkormissy(f): 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ohkay, ah knw someone jst died nd its wrong to laff buh ah jst cant help it. Dey had to even giv d mosquito a nationality. Dey shud better re-investigate d cos of ha death nd stop blaming it on some 'NIGERIAN MOSQUITO'
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by chival(f): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
olapluto:
What a silly news. She died in Turkey as a result of illness. This has nothing to do with Nigeria. Malaria is not a new disease. If Turkish hospitals cannot treat malaria, na dem kill her.
These 1kobo blogs self.

I could hug u right now.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by eliwa47(m): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
Mosquito bite? mbanu, it's a lie, something else must be wrong somewhere.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Bbeee: 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
Whites !! Always looking for a way to dent the Nigerian Image! Ndi ara.

RIP to the dead.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Eshinery(m): 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by bejeria101(m): 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Naija mosquito? So the mosquito is now at large wat kind of mumu story be dis,her blood told d doctors na naija mosquito? Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by babadem2much(m): 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ordinary malaria?

Well i remember a Pakistan who a Nigerian tells a Nigerian that MOSQUITO BITE PAKISTAN, PAKISTAN DIE BUT MOSQUITOES BITE NIGERIAN MOSQUITO DIE. Am not surprise when i see Ukrainian with mosquito repelant any where he goes

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by oluwhathossyne(f): 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
RIP to her, she for don buy artesunate from 9ja! May d lord help us!

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by pinkycute(f): 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Not really!!..... smiley

Skmoda360:
kiss
You are really really shocked angry
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
otiigba1:
please do you have any idea on what the preventive medicines are?

Mefloquine
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
you see what your deadly mosquito has caused?
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Eshinery(m): 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
eliwa47:
if mosquito bite leading to malaria could kill oyibo then africans esp nigerians are rugged.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Eshinery(m): 2:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
eliwa47:
if mosquito bite leading to malaria could kill oyibo then africans esp nigerians are rugged.
eliwa47:
eliwa47:
if mosquito bite leading to malaria could kill oyibo then africans esp nigerians are rugged. I think google republic is not far
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
otiigba1:
please do you have any idea on what the preventive medicines are?

Proguanil or doxycycline.

Plus....if you are a Nigerian, and you have been away for six months and above from Nigeria....on coming back, please take either drug for the duration of your stay in Nigeria.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
Chai na wa ooo why are this guys giving us bad name, most they mention Nigeria
Meanwhile please patronize Hary Building Concept. As the best awaits you with us. Thanks.

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by ademoladeji(m): 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
pinkycute:
Not really!!..... smiley

Chai!!!
OluPinky...
#3Dwatching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by johnnday222(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
whoever says she dies of a mosquito bite in Nigeria must be stu..id n silly.she flew back to her home country and they fail to diagnose of her sickness ontime,so she die as a result of that.when our own Fatai rolling dollars or segun agagu died shortly after returning from USA did we say they died of diseases they contacted over there?
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Miami11: 3:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
She picked the malaria parasite from Nigeria
Travelled sick, got worse at home in TURKEY AND DIED

Why are people acting as if this is unsual
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Skmoda360(m): 3:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
pinkycute:
Not really!!..... smiley

Okkkkk.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Alao96(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Mumu malaria wey don dy toothless to naija people.... Na e dy kill oyibo.... Oyibo people too fragile
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Franky9584(m): 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
eeeyah, too bad.....may her soul rest in.peace. some pple dnt even know malaria z more dangerous dan Hiv, though we are used to it in dis part of d world
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by Folib(f): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
Rest in peace to the dead, but these people neva hear word o. Aw many tym Naija peepz wan correct una say Lagos no be our capital. Abuja is the capital of Nigeria, they gotta keep up wif current affairs o.
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by fairheven: 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
olapluto:
What a silly news. She died in Turkey as a result of illness. This has nothing to do with Nigeria. Malaria is not a new disease. If Turkish hospitals cannot treat malaria, na dem kill her.
These 1kobo blogs self.

Ever seen the Pay off that goes :kill mosquito,because mosquito kills? Well,truely mosquito kills an malaria kills
Any "Oyibo that comes to Africa without been vaccinated is on a suicide mission
I bet u go for malaria test an u find out u have symptoms of malaria but your immune system has been used to it that why u r still alive,but failure to treat it is also a life-risk. .when u keep hearing that someone died after "brief illness",do we ever ask wat is brief illness? They are years of mosquito bites

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by bengems(m): 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
Thankgod i am a black grin grin grin

like on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/tutorialdesk
Re: Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) by mfm04622: 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
PointB:
Ordinary Malaria that is bread and butter here? undecided undecided

Malaria kill a lot of Nigerians. We don't know because we don't care to do autopsy. We just bury and move on! Malaria is a leading killer of those aged under 5. Also kill adults too. If you want to know if Malaria is ordinary bread and butter, next time you have malaria, confirm it is malaria (to be sure it is not typhoid) then don't treat it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

74 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Kano Confirmed By Governor Ganduje / Coronavirus: Panda Supermarket, Abuja Shut Down By FG / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.